Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

*confused sigh*

(I'd really like to hear ecco's reasoning on chores)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

*confused sigh*

nah, you can just use your vig on inf

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

No lunch for YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Second Mate's Log: Day 11.10
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ugh, I think I'm going to be sick. Way too many Dead Limes. Remind me to stick to Chardonay Stout next time, it's far easier on my aging stomach and heart. My head is swaying, perhaps because I am very drunk, and also perhaps because I am on a boat carried by waves.

Did the diving contest happen...? I may have passed out and missed it completely.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dang we almost did it

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

CCKeane posted:

*confused sigh*

same

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
It would be p cool flavor wise if the captain was actually the scum and was deranged and navigated us into the bermuda triangle

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Actually wait, this is like event horizon and the ship is hell and ecco is the lady that slits her wrists in the tub and drives sam neil insane

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

my picture sucks but all in all im a pretty upstanding captain does not mention love for my wife or child at all in my flavour theyre probably scum

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

got some chores tonight posted:

my picture sucks but all in all im a pretty upstanding captain does not mention love for my wife or child at all in my flavour theyre probably scum

What upstanding captain doesn't hate his wife and child?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Moatillata posted:

Actually wait, this is like event horizon and the ship is hell and ecco is the lady that slits her wrists in the tub and drives sam neil insane

heh

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Podima posted:

:sureboat: The day has ended in a no lynch. It is twilight for the next however long while I prepare end of day posts. Once I start posting again, please stop. :sureboat:

you have no power over me old man

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Hmm now that you read do you get why this

i challenge you to post the town win con

Could be an important question

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

no

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Votecount for Day 1

100YrsofAttitude (9): Flying Leatherman, Infinitum, zzyzx, Hal Incandenza, Infinitum, Infinitum, Somberbrero, Dick Bastardly, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, CCKeane, Slamburger, The Ninth Layer
Slamburger (5): The Ninth Layer, got some chores tonight, Jonathan Fisk, Mr. F!, CCKeane, The Ninth Layer, Moatillata, The Ninth Layer, CCKeane, The Ninth Layer, EccoRaven, Moatillata
Infinitum (3): got some chores tonight, Pinterest Mom, SLASHER HAWKE, Moatillata, Somberbrero, EccoRaven, Mr. F!, 100YrsofAttitude, Mr. F!, got some chores tonight, Dick Bastardly, Slamburger, Moatillata, Somberbrero, Dick Bastardly, Slamburger, EccoRaven
Hal Incandenza (0): zzyzx, zzyzx
Jonathan Fisk (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Mr. F! (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
EccoRaven (0): Dick Bastardly, Infinitum, Dick Bastardly, Infinitum
SLASHER HAWKE (0): Mr. F!, Mr. F!, Infinitum, Infinitum, Mr. F!, Mr. F!
got some chores tonight (0): Mr. F!, Dick Bastardly, Mr. F!, Dick Bastardly, Mr. F!, Mr. F!
Somberbrero (0): Slamburger, Slamburger
CCKeane (0): Flying Leatherman, Infinitum, Flying Leatherman, Infinitum

Not Voting (1): AnonymousNarcotics

With 18 people aboard, it took 10 votes to throw someone overboard. Everyone stays dry today.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Nvm then ill sit on

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Post Counts for Day 1:

pre:
User				Posts
got some chores tonight 	90
EccoRaven 			85
Infinitum 			74
Mr. F! 				73
Dick Bastardly 			53
SLASHER HAWKE 			52
Pinterest Mom 			51
100YrsofAttitude 		47
Moatillata 			45
Somberbrero 			35
CCKeane 			24
Slamburger 			21
The Ninth Layer 		20
Hal Incandenza 			19
Flying Leatherman 		15
zzyzx 				13
AnonymousNarcotics 		11
Jonathan Fisk 			10
:bravo: Nobody will be ON NOTICE tomorrow! :bravo:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
First, an administrative note. From the OP:

quote:

General Rules/Important Notes:
  • Standard Mafia Rules are in effect for this game. Don't be a dick. Specific addendums follow:
    • Seriously, don't be a dick. I will nudge you via PM if I feel you're going beyond the pale.

I was far too busy during D1 to follow through on the PMing thing, but the rest of the rules hold true still. I expect people who sign up to play this game of Mafia, not bring stuff from other games into this one OR be hateful to other players in a way unfitting of an internet party game. If you feel incapable of doing that, please let me know during N1 and I will be happy to replace you. On Day 2 going forward, please tone it down a notch in general and have fun playing Mafia - this will result in a better game for everyone. Thank you!

~~~

Though those aboard the Mary Celeste felt spurred to action, they could not agree upon a possible source of the disquiet that had plagued the ship. Even the ship's crew was woefully divided, to say nothing of those who had just come aboard.

In the end, the nearly-full moon rose into the sky as the day ended upon an unsatisfying conclusion.

Day 1 ends in a No Lynch!

Night 1 begins now. You have 22 hours from this post, until 6:30 PM EDT on Friday 4/7/2017, to get me any night actions you may have OR tell me you're not using one. The thread will reopen sometime soon after.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Roughly 4 hours until Night Action deadline. It will be a strict limit.

Also, as an addendum to my administrative note - please do not place other players in this game on ignore for the duration of this game. I certainly can't enforce this, but I would appreciate your cooperation in making a better game for everyone.

Again, if this poses an issue, please let me know and I will be happy to find a replacement for you. Thank you!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yet another administrative note (and hopefully the last one): EccoRaven has been replaced by Mayor Glowku! This was my decision.

~~~

The moon shone brightly upon the Mary Celeste through the night, as the sea lay still around the ship. The exhausted crew and passengers slept soundly, glad for the respite from the rigor of the last several days.

But as they swiftly realized in the light of the sunrise, their trials were only just beginning. Where one of the four German crewmen - Johan Volkert - had bunked down last night, all that remained was a barely recognizable corpse with a deep gash across his neck - but with how quickly he was already decaying away, he had clearly been dead for much longer than you realized. Apparently he had kept quite the secret from all of you...

:rip: SLASHER HAWKE, aka Seaman Johan Volkert, Ancient Vampire (Former Viking), Mary-Celeste Aligned Compulsory Roleblocker (this is a link!), had his throat cut on Night 1! :rip:

Day 2 begins now. Deadline is 8:00 PM EDT on Monday 4/10/2017.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (17): 100YrsofAttitude, AnonymousNarcotics, CCKeane, Dick Bastardly, EccoRaven, Flying Leatherman, got some chores tonight, Hal Incandenza, Infinitum, Jonathan Fisk, Moatillata, Mr. F!, Pinterest Mom, Slamburger, Somberbrero, The Ninth Layer, zzyzx

With 17 people aboard, it takes 9 votes to throw someone overboard.
The current deadline is April 10th, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 23 hours.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Let's try again.

I am a white mage. At night, I can visit a player and protect them from a kill.

##vote infinitum

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh and I was roleblocked.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Bark bark fft

(Slasher hawke is a weird loving kill)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Let's try again.

I am a white mage. At night, I can visit a player and protect them from a kill.

##vote infinitum

how is that different from a doctor

what the hell dude

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Well it's not called doctor.

And more importantly Inf isn't a doctor.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I was trying to not be explicit about it yesterday but y'all are dumb so.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

why not if you were just going to fullclaim the next day

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I don't believe you, I think you just want to get rid of inf

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I was under the impression that people would read "infinitum is lying about his role" and "yes, i am counterclaiming him" and dunk him without me having to explicitly claim.

They didn't, so I'm full claiming now.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

i have pod on ignore can someone post flip please

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Podima posted:

Yet another administrative note (and hopefully the last one): EccoRaven has been replaced by Mayor Glowku! This was my decision.

~~~

The moon shone brightly upon the Mary Celeste through the night, as the sea lay still around the ship. The exhausted crew and passengers slept soundly, glad for the respite from the rigor of the last several days.

But as they swiftly realized in the light of the sunrise, their trials were only just beginning. Where one of the four German crewmen - Johan Volkert - had bunked down last night, all that remained was a barely recognizable corpse with a deep gash across his neck - but with how quickly he was already decaying away, he had clearly been dead for much longer than you realized. Apparently he had kept quite the secret from all of you...

:rip: SLASHER HAWKE, aka Seaman Johan Volkert, Ancient Vampire (Former Viking), Mary-Celeste Aligned Compulsory Roleblocker (this is a link!), had his throat cut on Night 1! :rip:

Day 2 begins now. Deadline is 8:00 PM EDT on Monday 4/10/2017.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mr. F! posted:

I don't believe you, I think you just want to get rid of inf

That's nice. I'm not voting anyone but the guy who claimed the role I have, so it's best if you choose to dunk one of use today.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

mags is on ignore too

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
The flavor that we've seen so far - Hawke's flip, plus what I'm assuming is TNL playing to his flavor - makes me a lot more likely to buy "white mage" than generic "doctor", in any case.

Inf, at this point you should probably flavor claim.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Maybe I'm new to town power-role play, but is soft claiming as a counter a thing?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##vote inf

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

##vote pmom

I have reason to not believe pmom

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dick Bastardly posted:

Maybe I'm new to town power-role play, but is soft claiming as a counter a thing?

A scum that's about to go down will claim doctor or cop as a desperate bid to not get dunked, or as a way to bait out the counterclaim from the townie with the actual power role. I was trying to thread the needle between finishing off Inf and not outing myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

what in tarnation

• Locked thread