Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
this is stupid as gently caress now slamburger on the other hand he is scum

and inf

##vote inf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

got some chores tonight posted:

this is stupid as gently caress now slamburger on the other hand he is scum

and inf

##vote inf

This is a bad post why are they scum in your mind?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

I only wanted to vote for you after you came back with basically a "gently caress you" when asked who you tried to doc. Other people have chimed in as well with the same request, what do you get out of not saying who you doc'd?

You've decided that me not saying who I targeted with my action is scummy.

I will not claim who I targeted. Follow through on your reasoning and vote for me.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Mayor Glowku posted:

I believe it prevents them from any action, but it is up to the disgression of the mod in the end.

I have literally never seen a game where a roleblocker still lets a player visit their target.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

You've decided that me not saying who I targeted with my action is scummy.

I will not claim who I targeted. Follow through on your reasoning and vote for me.

Why are you so anti town :negative:

Literally if you are town HOW DOES THIS HELP AT ALL

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

Why are you so anti town :negative:

Literally if you are town HOW DOES THIS HELP AT ALL

Look.

I will not claim who I targeted.

Either you:

a. vote for me, following your stated reasoning

or

b. don't vote for me, and drop an unproductive line of inquiry that won't lead anywhere.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Look.

I will not claim who I targeted.

Either you:

a. vote for me, following your stated reasoning

or

b. don't vote for me, and drop an unproductive line of inquiry that won't lead anywhere.

Jesus christ you must be a fuckin blast at parties.

##vote ObtuseAsshole

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

##unvote

##vote pmom

It assigned that vote to infi lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Please, do not bring personal attacks into this lighthearted game of mafia.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

there are so many loving braindead players in this game

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mayor Glowku posted:

It assigned that vote to infi lol

Really?

I don't feel that Pmom is the best choice in this situation, though the refusal to claim is strange especially if we all acknowledge there's no point in it. If it's so unimportant why not do it (in the same breath why do it?)

I think we should look at the players reveling in our in-fighting and vote them. Like Keane.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Second Mate's Log: Day 15
+++++++++++++++++++++

The last few days have passed much as the first several days have. Pinterest Mom and Infinitum seem content as ever to fight among each other, but I remain unconvinced that there is substance beyond just hurt feelings to their debate. Pinterest Mom's chief allegation is that because he is a healer, Infinitum cannot also be. But I have personally played in several missions where there were more than one protective role among the crew, and feel we may be in a similar situation here. Discussions about Infinitum claiming his role's function rather than his role's background first seem academic and rather thin to me.

I have spent some time reflecting on the end of the previous day and one thing that strikes me is Dick Bastardly's utter refusal to vote anyone besides 100yrs, even at the expense of our heavily-planned diving contest. This was a vote that could have gone toward ensuring we had at least some entertainment after a long and dreary time at sea, but instead Dick Bastardly found an arbitrary reason to support one candidate over others.

##unvote ##vote Dick Bastardly

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

zzyzx, do you think it likely both Inf and Pmom are town?

I lean town on Inf, and that one's been a bad lynch from the start.

I've never liked PMom's posts, and Mr. F claimed to have reason not to believe him (everyone's either forgotten or is determined to ignore it, which was strange to me). On the other hand it doesn't make much sense for PMom to claim in the spot he did as scum.

At the moment I wouldn't vote for either of them.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

The Ninth Layer posted:

Second Mate's Log: Day 15
+++++++++++++++++++++

The last few days have passed much as the first several days have. Pinterest Mom and Infinitum seem content as ever to fight among each other, but I remain unconvinced that there is substance beyond just hurt feelings to their debate. Pinterest Mom's chief allegation is that because he is a healer, Infinitum cannot also be. But I have personally played in several missions where there were more than one protective role among the crew, and feel we may be in a similar situation here. Discussions about Infinitum claiming his role's function rather than his role's background first seem academic and rather thin to me.

I have spent some time reflecting on the end of the previous day and one thing that strikes me is Dick Bastardly's utter refusal to vote anyone besides 100yrs, even at the expense of our heavily-planned diving contest. This was a vote that could have gone toward ensuring we had at least some entertainment after a long and dreary time at sea, but instead Dick Bastardly found an arbitrary reason to support one candidate over others.

##unvote ##vote Dick Bastardly

*sneezes*

(This logic would seem to lead to Slamburger as a top candidate. Why would you go Dick over Slam?)

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Really?

I don't feel that Pmom is the best choice in this situation, though the refusal to claim is strange especially if we all acknowledge there's no point in it. If it's so unimportant why not do it (in the same breath why do it?)

I think we should look at the players reveling in our in-fighting and vote them. Like Keane.

We also don't all acknowledge that it is useless information. I very much want to know, more so because he absolutely refuses to share it. Zzyzx has also shared my desire to know.

Are you not curious at all why?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

zzyzx posted:

I lean town on Inf, and that one's been a bad lynch from the start.

I've never liked PMom's posts, and Mr. F claimed to have reason not to believe him (everyone's either forgotten or is determined to ignore it, which was strange to me). On the other hand it doesn't make much sense for PMom to claim in the spot he did as scum.

At the moment I wouldn't vote for either of them.

I had forgotten. I've only done one re-read of D2 so far so...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Today's events are making me questions my defense of Infi yesterday, the weird attack on Slamburger accusing him of being a rolecop was really strange and felt like a distraction.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

as for the votefinder thing, I can only assume someone beat me to assigning it to pmom but that's neither here nor there (or he actually had it which makes it even funnier)

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

CCKeane posted:

*sneezes*

(This logic would seem to lead to Slamburger as a top candidate. Why would you go Dick over Slam?)

"I would go for either, but I think Dick is dragon-like independent from Slam. Regardless of Slamburger's status in the crew, Dick Bastardly seemed to engineer a condition for which he could safely avoid cooperating with the town to ensure a dive happened."

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mayor Glowku posted:

We also don't all acknowledge that it is useless information. I very much want to know, more so because he absolutely refuses to share it. Zzyzx has also shared my desire to know.

Are you not curious at all why?

Why you want to know?

I imagine you have your reasons actually, but I really think we shouldn't go on claiming more and more players. That's exactly what scum would want.

I don't think he should be so obstinate, but I don't think it's necessarily scummy. Just stubborn.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

So when Pmom flips scum, I'm guessing you will too

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

But you don't think I'm scum though.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

The Ninth Layer posted:

"I would go for either, but I think Dick is dragon-like independent from Slam. Regardless of Slamburger's status in the crew, Dick Bastardly seemed to engineer a condition for which he could safely avoid cooperating with the town to ensure a dive happened."

I switched from Infi, whom I felt the push on was frivolous yet voted to avoid no-lych, to 100 because I actually felt 100 to be scummy at the time. My switch put 100 in the lead, and others joined to make it likely that 100 would get dunked. If anything Ecco's (now Glowku) vote should be seen as the vote splitting you accuse me of.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

But you didn't think I'm scum though.

Every time you intentionally dodge the question of who you targeted I wish I could add another vote to you.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Dick Bastardly posted:

I switched from Infi, whom I felt the push on was frivolous yet voted to avoid no-lych, to 100 because I actually felt 100 to be scummy at the time. My switch put 100 in the lead, and others joined to make it likely that 100 would get dunked. If anything Ecco's (now Glowku) vote should be seen as the vote splitting you accuse me of.

"But the mood of the crew at the time was that Slamburger would make for a good diving case. Nobody was pushing 100yrs as a candidate toward the end of the day. Yet your vote served to stymie and ultimately prevent the Slamburger momentum from getting off the ground, and you refused to move your vote even when the Captain tried to rally people to Slamburger.

"And for the record, I also find Ecco/Glowku highly suspect for trying to confuse the issue by calling for a Slamburger vote without actually moving his own vote."

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mayor Glowku posted:

I won't but I'm not opposed to voting to Pmom, since they haven't convinced me of being town either. I find it odd they won't say, it's not outright scummy but peculiar, and I'm not savvy enough to get your angle on it, and honestly I don't want to know it. I think Keane's scummier and everything he's done so far today has substantiated my description of his play.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

"But the mood of the crew at the time was that Slamburger would make for a good diving case. Nobody was pushing 100yrs as a candidate toward the end of the day. Yet your vote served to stymie and ultimately prevent the Slamburger momentum from getting off the ground, and you refused to move your vote even when the Captain tried to rally people to Slamburger.

"And for the record, I also find Ecco/Glowku highly suspect for trying to confuse the issue by calling for a Slamburger vote without actually moving his own vote."

Sorry, I can't speak to Ecco's posts.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

Every time you intentionally dodge the question of who you targeted I wish I could add another vote to you.

I'm not dodging, I'm outright refusing to answer.

(And really, that's not so credible given how hard I had to work to coax the vote out of you.)

The reason I say you don't think I'm scum is that you're still asking the question. If you think I'm scum, then you think I'm going to lie if I do answer, so you drop the entire line of questioning. But you're still asking.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Bow Meow.

(I agree with Ninth.)

##vote: Dick

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Mayor Glowku posted:

Sorry, I can't speak to Ecco's posts.

"Worry not, glowing fighter man, when I make a case against you I assure you it will be based on points you yourself can speak to."

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm not dodging, I'm outright refusing to answer.

(And really, that's not so credible given how hard I had to work to coax the vote out of you.)

The reason I say you don't think I'm scum is that you're still asking the question. If you think I'm scum, then you think I'm going to lie if I do answer, so you drop the entire line of questioning. But you're still asking.

I'm done interacting with you. I hope you die tonight so I don't have to interact with you again this game

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

That's all I was asking for.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

(And, I would additionally note, "I hope you die tonight" is something someone who thinks I'm town would say :angel:)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
There were three candidates, all of whom were tied with 5 votes iirc. Of the three, I went with my only scum feel 100, and stuck to it. It was clear from my posting my stance on the vote. I felt very positive that slamburger was the wrong choice, the push on burger didn't feel like it had a basis as a result of scum hunting discussion. I felt chores to be scummy at the time as well, so naturally I wasn't going to follow along.

I have no dragon related flavor in my role PM. Not sure if that has a bearing on anything or not, but I hope that helps if it does.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

"You didn't just feel he was the wrong choice, you outright refused to vote for him."

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

The Ninth Layer posted:

"You didn't just feel he was the wrong choice, you outright refused to vote for him."

That's how strongly I felt about it being a mislynch. I would've hammered Inf as I stated I would, and I felt the best about 100.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
There's too many other factors involved to pin the no-lynch solely on me. I don't think it's a good case, not only that, but it also ignores everything else I've brought to the game thus far. Do you have any other reason to believe I'm scum?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Keane, do you have anything to add to the case against me other than a "me too"?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

(And, I would additionally note, "I hope you die tonight" is something someone who thinks I'm town would say :angel:)

you are very powerful it is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Dick Bastardly posted:

I like this better.

##vote 100

Dick Bastardly posted:

I refuse to vote slamburger. Please don't do this.

Dick Bastardly posted:

slam voters should switch imo.

"This is beyond objecting to a vote you felt would hit an honest crewman; you were actively discouraging the vote and actively encouraging people to vote elsewhere. You may not have felt the case on Slamburger but you also worked very hard to see him escape the diving contest. Do you know something about him that the rest of us don't?"

• Locked thread