Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I know you "aren't reading inf" pmom but your posting is considerably worse and more anti town than his

considering your stated motive for voting him d1 it's weird that you've spammed the thread with smug garbage since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Infinitum posted:

tl;dr
- PMom won't claim who he doc'd and is confrontational when questioned about it (Most likely because he did the kill last night)
- PMom is not actively playing towards his town win-con, something he was policy voting me for
- PMom has had to counter-claim Doc, which was the best thing he could think of to get out of his "strong-role reasons against there being a Doc" statement
- Slamburger has scumslip'd stating he had info about my role before I revealed it, and is likely a rolecop
- If any kill happens tonight, feel free to turbo my rear end tomorrow

##vote PMom

Actually this summary is more compelling than the long case and I'd rather not vote for infi again. I still don't agree with the interpretation of what happened with Slamburger.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
outside of being roleblocked, isn't inf's claim verifiable if i'm understanding it correctly? it's hard to know for sure because it's split into like four different posts~

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I know you "aren't reading inf" pmom but your posting is considerably worse and more anti town than his

considering your stated motive for voting him d1 it's weird that you've spammed the thread with smug garbage since

How is the posting anti-town I don't get that really

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

i'll have tremendous content tomorrow once inf is dunked today :sun:

(also aren't you not reading inf~)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

outside of being roleblocked, isn't inf's claim verifiable if i'm understanding it correctly? it's hard to know for sure because it's split into like four different posts~

I guess if there was no kills tonight it would be sort of almost verified

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

How is the posting anti-town I don't get that really

it's empty and distracting while intentionally tailored to rile up players actually making an effort

Pinterest Mom posted:

iirc the "in seriousness" that follows ought to clarify this

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

inf scum
scum withholds

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

it's empty and distracting while intentionally tailored to rile up players actually making an effort
Actually, it's intentionally tailored to rile up Mayor Glowku, not anybody who is making an effort.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Actually this summary is more compelling than the long case and I'd rather not vote for infi again. I still don't agree with the interpretation of what happened with Slamburger.

i think the way both pin and inf played their claims was strange. i don't know if i think dunking either of them is a good idea.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

inf scum
scum withholds

Yeah exactly it's not really verifiable

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

i think the way both pin and inf played their claims was strange. i don't know if i think dunking either of them is a good idea.

Me either, but I also don't like pmom holding his TNL case hostage unless we let him live or whatever, that's just BS scummy poo poo

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why will your posting be tremendous tomorrow after infi is dunked? If you really hate him that much please sub out so we can have a good game

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

Why will your posting be tremendous tomorrow after infi is dunked? If you really hate him that much please sub out so we can have a good game

I'm voting for him because I think he's scum, not because I dislike him.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm voting for him because I think he's scum, not because I dislike him.

But what about your posting, or your TNL case. Sorry my phone has been autocorrecting to NFL for like 7 posts

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I like TNL's posts, so I'm probably not voting for him.

I'd still be down to vote 100 or chores (neither one's posts are any better today and chores seems to be in the middle of a full-on tantrum), and the DB case sounded like it'd be worth a look.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dick Bastardly posted:

I just... I feel bad for Inf. I just want someone to tell me why it's a good idea to vote.

*pmom explaining the only thing that actually happened day one*

Dick Bastardly posted:

Ok, I can get behind this. If it looks like Infs number is up I'll vote/hammer.

we touched on this yesterday but i want to revisit it, because it's scummy. i engaged db several times yesterday trying to get my reason for the inf vote across and he seemed to understand it, but then this thing happens. the more i look at it, the more it looks like scum trying to get preemptive absolution for inf flipping town.

i got a conference call here but i wanna dig back in to this.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mayor Glowku posted:

This.

Like I'm really really trying not get caught into a yelling match with PMom, but all the anti-town working-against-his-wincon behaviour he accused me of D1 as part of his policy lynch is the exact same thing he's doing now.
If I had done that sort of thing I'd have been frog-marched right out of the thread.

Why sign up for games if you're not going to engage and just be incredibly hostile with players that are?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm just really tired of how subvertly hostile this game is. Can't we just play some mafia people? :cripes:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Second Mate's Log: Day 17
+++++++++++++++++++++

This ship has weathered some nasty storms in the last couple of days, and I'm not talking about the weather. Between the captain's wife, the shipwrecked man and both iterations of the cook there has been naught but nonstop fighting over the most trivial of issues. When I'd projected into this body I had thought myself to be middle-aged, but if this is the way adults behave on crew I may just be elderly by this society's standards.

Of the three it is Mayor Glowku who I consider the most suspect. His previous form, EccoRaven, spent the last day's Dead Limes requesting players to vote one player over another while himself still voting a third, a move that could very directly have led to the cancellation of later diving festivities. And his current iteration is breathing all sorts of fire. What reason would an honest crewmate have for so vehemently and insistently trying to track down the position of a claimed healer? I'm no expert on boats, but I know fishing when I see it.

I continue to be suspicious of Slamburger for the way that our first major crew event fell apart, but I can no longer say the same of Dick Bastardly. Having slept on it, I think the way he defended himself was forthright and reasonable. During our Dead Limes consumption I did get the very strong feeling that Dick Bastardly knew something about Slamburger that made him reluctant to vote, like perhaps the scales underlying Slamburger's paddies. But that may have just been a reflection of my own resolve to see the case through if possible.

As for Slamburger himself, while I do not subscribe to any scurrilous rumors of "slipping," (I am always on top of spillage on the wooden top), I dislike heavily how he is pushing an either-or narrative for the two claimed protection roles. I have seem several crews that had doctors, bodyguards, jailers and sometimes bulletproof players on board. On a boat like this, where I know at least two roles (mine and Johan's), we could very well have one of those crew compositions. Yet Slamburger does not consider this possibility, instead pushing a narrative where one or the other claimed healer must be lying. I feel that this is a dangerous line of thinking for the ship to embrace, and the kind of argument a dragon would use to place the heat on important crew positions.

For this reason I am returning my vote to Slamburger, although I would also be ameable to a Glowku vote. In my opinion, there are other ways to settle this healer situation, such as with night happenings.

##unvote ##vote Slamburger

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh.. Dead Limes. Now I get it.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

What is being frog marched, I love that phrase

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Side note I am not opposed to voting scumburger, he and pmom are in cahoots

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mayor Glowku posted:

What is being frog marched, I love that phrase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZOKk8zPuyY

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mayor Glowku posted:

Side note I am not opposed to voting scumburger, he and pmom are in cahoots

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

if dick and slam are going to be claiming confirmed masons, they should do it now imo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

if dick and slam are going to be claiming confirmed masons, they should do it now imo

Yeah I think they said they'd confirm after you posted your TNL case :v:

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I'm flattered that DB thinks I'm town but I have no information about him at all.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Slamburger posted:

I'm flattered that DB thinks I'm town but I have no information about him at all.

isn't db acting like you're his ride-or-die weird then

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Yes I generally find blind defenses scummy (since it betrays alignment knowledge). I was not going to call him out on it yet for purely selfish reasons, I figured it wasn't an ideal time in the game to antagonize people that are supporting my towniness considering I almost got lynched yesterday.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Bow Meow.

(Somebody mentioned illegally sober, who replaced in for Anarc. I would vote them as well.)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Slamburger posted:

I figured it wasn't an ideal time in the game to antagonize people that are supporting my towniness considering I almost got lynched yesterday.

Rather just coast through the game and not draw attention to yourself scumbo? I can respect that.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Catching up on 100+ posts

I will say right now but hat pmom characterizing his/her claim as flavor at first and now role doesn't look good to me.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Rather just coast through the game and not draw attention to yourself scumbo? I can respect that.

When I pass this through the filter that everything you say is wrong and reflects the opposite of objective reality, I'll take this as a compliment for high effort and contribution to the game.

Thank you.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
OK the pmom not knowing about white mage being a thing plausible. If anyone wants to dunk ke please vote soon so I can claim my poo poo thank you.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

OK the pmom not knowing about white mage being a thing plausible. If anyone wants to dunk me please vote soon so I can claim my poo poo thank you.

Phone posting, should be on comp for deadline.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dick Bastardly posted:

I don't like how chores is dodging my questions.

100 yrs does seem a bit.. put on? But I've never played with said player before so I'm not sure if my feelings are accurate.

So far I feel like Inf's own defense does make a decent point.

##vote chores

Dick Bastardly posted:

100, is the chance that you may be doing scum's bidding by mislynching Inf an acceptable risk to do a favor for a friend?

What is your take on Ecco's alignment so far ?

Do you think Ecco's beef with Inf is reasonable?

Dick Bastardly posted:

I disagree. Inf's "content" may be off the mark most of the time, but I think it can lend to provoking thoughts. Specifically, I like to take Inf's lumpen lists and literally flip them upside down so that his town reads become his scum reads. That seems to end up being more accurate.

100, feel free to answer my questions for you on your own behalf.

doesn't this seem pretty gdamn weird in the context of dick flipping to vote inf over other viable end of day candidates? db switches back to 100, but then the next day

Dick Bastardly posted:

I agree this Inf vs. pmom mess needs to be resolved. I have a :tinfoil: theory about what's going on with this claim/counter claim business, but there's too many pieces of the puzzle missing.

Also, my opinion on slamburger has not changed, and I don't think the push on said player has merit.

##vote Inf

this is while db is trying to claim credit for leading the push on 100, which is bonkers.

what's the theory db?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Pinterest Mom posted:

Sure you will.

I haven't played a ton with you but this isn't at all how I recall you acting when we were on the 3P team in our last game and I want this resolved.

##vote PMom

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Slamburger posted:

When I pass this through the filter that everything you say is wrong and reflects the opposite of objective reality, I'll take this as a compliment for high effort and contribution to the game.

Thank you.

Hehe... I like Slams posting much better on D2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

That's the idea. And the scum could gambit that but... it seems kinda long term detrimental.

• Locked thread