Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Aurelia continues to seem really dope and I'm excited to dig into her character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
(PSTV) Trails of Cold Steel 2 requires the first game to be installed in order to transfer, that's what I'm getting. Only got a 4gig card because those are the only size you can find in my country.

"Could not download data. To download progress data, you will first need to upload data." and I have. I reinstalled the first one and mucked about, saw no menu or nothing for uploading the data to their servers (?) so it's only in the PSN cloud, I can't put it on the card because it goes away when I uninstall ToCS1, can't download it separately because ToCS1 is not installed, the game page menu item doesn't do anything for me either.

Or is this some LOL EUROPEAN VERSION thing?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

MrLonghair posted:

(PSTV) Trails of Cold Steel 2 requires the first game to be installed in order to transfer, that's what I'm getting. Only got a 4gig card because those are the only size you can find in my country.

"Could not download data. To download progress data, you will first need to upload data." and I have. I reinstalled the first one and mucked about, saw no menu or nothing for uploading the data to their servers (?) so it's only in the PSN cloud, I can't put it on the card because it goes away when I uninstall ToCS1, can't download it separately because ToCS1 is not installed, the game page menu item doesn't do anything for me either.

Or is this some LOL EUROPEAN VERSION thing?

No that's some Vita dumb stuff. You need the game installed to get your saved game.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'm dying Falcom, invent like an automatic translation device so this come out in January for us.

I hope we get a LoH game in 2019 and 2020 too, 5 straight years of Game of the Year.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

MythosDragon posted:

I'm dying Falcom, invent like an automatic translation device so this come out in January for us.

I hope we get a LoH game in 2019 and 2020 too, 5 straight years of Game of the Year.

Your wish is granted

*bamco announces release of the psp gagharv trilogy in hd, no changes made to existing translation, games still published out of order*

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

The Colonel posted:

Your wish is granted

*bamco announces release of the psp gagharv trilogy in hd, no changes made to existing translation, games still published out of order*

I'm not quite that desperate, though I do have to admit that I can see the shine on the garghav trilogy that shines even through all that grime. And I would love a remaster that combines them and retranslates them. In fact my biggest fault with the Kiseki Subseries is that the 2nd games ditch the plot mandated party I fell in love with.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
(TOCS1) Holy poo poo Crow, im loving dying right now "Optimal bounce vectors" "Show dem titties"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Crow has the proper priorities, almost.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Last Celebration posted:

(TOCS1) Holy poo poo Crow, im loving dying right now "Optimal bounce vectors" "Show dem titties"

https://sonicmega.tumblr.com/post/150519010861/there-are-many-lines-of-dialogue-rean-didnt-get

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

2025 Trails of Cold Steel Remake, every single NPC is fully voiced because Sean Chiplock just kept up on voicing their lines without being paid. The game is now 200 hours because of it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Crow has the proper priorities, almost.

Yeah, dude knows what's up. Lol that he keeps getting cockblocked by Angelina though, she must have absurd game to pull that off.

MythosDragon posted:

2025 Trails of Cold Steel Remake, every single NPC is fully voiced because Sean Chiplock just kept up on voicing their lines without being paid. The game is now 200 hours because of it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Could I trouble some of you to post some ng+ ready saves for fc and sc? I'm on a temp laptop for the time being and steam hogs all of my ram so im using the gog versions i own but don't have access to my cloud saves. Wanted to do a quick ng+ run of the games before 3rd.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Zaggitz posted:

Could I trouble some of you to post some ng+ ready saves for fc and sc? I'm on a temp laptop for the time being and steam hogs all of my ram so im using the gog versions i own but don't have access to my cloud saves. Wanted to do a quick ng+ run of the games before 3rd.

Sure. Save 106 is the FC save. Save 278 is the SC save. Both should have gotten all the bracer points and one ultimate weapon in FC (Estelle I think) Estelle was lvl 40 in FC. Other characters should have been close to that but not all of them. I have two ultimate weapons in SC (Estelle and Joshua I think). Levels in SC were 90 to 94 for all but two of the characters you get on the finale chapter. Those two were at 78 and 85.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B25zuogCPGRWc1d6UkR2Tjg2LTQ

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 15, 2017

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

havenwaters posted:

Sure. Save 106 is the FC save. Save 278 is the SC save. Both should have gotten all the bracer points and one ultimate weapon in FC (Estelle I think) Estelle was lvl 40 in FC. Other characters should have been close to that but not all of them. I have two ultimate weapons in SC (Estelle and Joshua I think). Levels in SC were 90 to 94 for all but two of the characters you get on the finale chapter. Those two were at 78 and 85.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B25zuogCPGRWc1d6UkR2Tjg2LTQ

drat that was fast! Much obliged friend.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Zaggitz posted:

drat that was fast! Much obliged friend.

You're welcome. Let me know if the FC save works since I've had minors issues with giving saves to someone else's game when it was a black screen save (be it between chapters or whatever). I have a few other FC saves that are post final boss if needed but aren't literally at the end.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I have a level 38 full BP FC save I can post tonight if you need it.

I can probably also post a full BP SC save.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

havenwaters posted:

You're welcome. Let me know if the FC save works since I've had minors issues with giving saves to someone else's game when it was a black screen save (be it between chapters or whatever). I have a few other FC saves that are post final boss if needed but aren't literally at the end.

The FC save worked! I saved past the prologue. Once im done Persona 5 I'll kick off this marathon and try to have the games done by the time 3rd hits.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Finally finished Tokyo Xanadu eX+ on PS4, including the post-story bit which ended up having more to it than I expected. Definitely recommend it over the Vita version, if not just for the doubled framerate.

I'm not sure how much clearer they could have made it that they're making a sequel!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Could you give some impressions on the game in general? I haven't seen much besides a kotaku article that says it's okay.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

Motto posted:

Could you give some impressions on the game in general? I haven't seen much besides a kotaku article that says it's okay.

I liked it quite a lot, certainly enough to play through a pretty lengthy game twice on two different systems. It's definitely a mixed bag, though. I can see people getting hung up on a few things.

The game definitely wears the Persona influence on its sleeve; I burst out laughing when the school theme started playing. In terms of structure it's a lot closer to the Cold Steel series in that you get limited "free time" actions and the date follows the plot.

The dungeon crawling is fun; the individual dungeons aren't massively long but there are over 30 of them and there's the challenge of trying to extend your combo as long as possible and getting an S grade on each one (you can retry any dungeon freely from the location map whenever you can move around). There's quite a long combo window and you can clear a whole dungeon in one chain as a rule. The action itself is generally pretty snappy but the status effects definitely tend to raise the blood pressure and the lock-on can confuse the camera. Being able to farm dungeons with pretty much instant loading on PS4 (and still quick on Vita) is nice, though in Normal difficulty you won't need to. In terms of plot, I liked the majority of the player characters in the end and though the voice acting is a bit uneven at times it mostly gets there. You can kind of tell it was written as a one shot thing with bits and pieces mentioned on the side that they can expand further if the series continues.

On the negative side, it definitely keeps the Kiseki issues of events often clearly being written back to front (we want to introduce this character so we'll have them interrupt this cutscene with an offscreen remark), some fairly basic looking hand animation, those 45 second slow pans and the way certain plot threads ended up resolving being a bit unsatisfying. I think they also went too far with the "talk to everyone after every event" thing by having a massive log of all the named characters in the game, which are filled in with 2-5 remarks based on talking to those people at certain points. It's that 90s style "use a guide or you have no chance" things. There's also more stuff that only appears on the second playthrough, which really is too much of an ask for me when it's 60 hours long and there's no save transfer from the Vita one. Luckily I don't think there's any plot stuff, just difficulty/dungeon things.

In terms of the two versions, they both have their advantages. The Vita one is a great portable action RPG because of the short dungeons and the little mini games in addition to the walking around and talking to people. The framerate isn't perfect but it mostly hangs around 30. The PS4 version has plenty of new content, including more back story between stages (which still failed to make me like Yuuki), a few fun new characters to use in dungeons and the post story which went further than I expected. It also runs pretty nicely; though there's no 4K mode in the full game (bizarrely the demo does but it adds a horrible motion blur at all times) it doesn't drop frames as a rule from 60 and they added a couple of super fast skip options which lets you get past things like the camera slowly panning over stuff. The new moves you get are fun to bust out and really improve the tempo of the battles too. If they release the demo then I recommend giving it a shot. They give you about a third of the game, which is ridiculously generous.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Thanks!

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

Motto posted:

Thanks!

No problem - I think if you know what you're getting going in then you'll enjoy it a whole lot more. I'm looking forward to seeing if Falcom can keep the series going, especially after the improvements they brought to Ys VIII.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Sweet Jesus, how did you guys wait almost two years or some poo poo for Cold Steel 2 after that ending? :stare:

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Last Celebration posted:

Sweet Jesus, how did you guys wait almost two years or some poo poo for Cold Steel 2 after that ending? :stare:

It was only 9 months I think. Much more palatable than the wait for Sky SC.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Oh yeah, that's better. Still, that ending was insane I was just expecting the festival to end and everyone to go "well things are getting ominous, but I bet we can handle it in the next game though! Everything from the end of the speech onward was some absurdly over the top poo poo, because I guess they had to outdo TITS 1! Great game though!

Also: Best Girl? (besides tiny senpai)

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

My solution was to beat 2/3rds of it in 10 days and save the last 3rd for when 2 came out. I proceeded to spend 2 weeks glued to my vita playing 130 hours nonstop till I beat both of them.

But yeah nothing compared to SC, which I think the majority of this threads users can claim to have campaigned for atleast once.

Sara no competition. Hate all forms of booze, inexplicable love for all mid 20s characters that are way too obsessed with it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's me

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

even japan only had to wait a year for cs2, not so bad

3 years for cs3 though, assuming they don't delay it

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 20, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Best girl? Alfin.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Last Celebration posted:

Oh yeah, that's better. Still, that ending was insane I was just expecting the festival to end and everyone to go "well things are getting ominous, but I bet we can handle it in the next game though! Everything from the end of the speech onward was some absurdly over the top poo poo, because I guess they had to outdo TITS 1! Great game though!

Sara best girl forever.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Laura likes Dogi, there is no Best-er girl.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

lets hang out posted:

even japan only had to wait a year for cs2, not so bad

3 years for cs3 though, assuming they don't delay it

It's looking like they're pretty on track, really.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

Clearly, tiny sensei:
http://gematsu.com/2017/04/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-details-aurelia-le-guin-towa-herschel-michael
(A bit more on Towa, Aurelia, and that new Michael dude in CS3).

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Zaggitz posted:

Laura likes Dogi, there is no Best-er girl.

Laura is also the best because:
highest damage dealer
mini-arianrhod
can't use any technology (which is cute as heck when you see it)

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
the best girl is a tie between sara and laura, though i am willing to re-evaluate once aurelia is actually in the picture

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

SC Bracer posted:

the best girl is a tie between sara and laura, though i am willing to re-evaluate once aurelia is actually in the picture

Rean gonna graduate from 20 something teachers to thirty something principals.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mean I went with Alisa because muh canon, but after going through both games I do think Rean needs someone older and more in control of their poo poo, someone Rean can lean on since everyone else leans on him. Rean and Alisa lack that sort of chemistry.

So either Towa or Sara, and I'm not saying that because of Best Girl or anything but because I think it makes the most sense for Rean.

e: What I'm saying is that Rean is Joshua and he needs an Estelle to see through his bullshit.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's actually Angelica

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

What the

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Terper posted:

I mean I went with Alisa because muh canon, but after going through both games I do think Rean needs someone older and more in control of their poo poo, someone Rean can lean on since everyone else leans on him. Rean and Alisa lack that sort of chemistry.

So either Towa or Sara, and I'm not saying that because of Best Girl or anything but because I think it makes the most sense for Rean.

e: What I'm saying is that Rean is Joshua and he needs an Estelle to see through his bullshit.

This is my exact reasoning too, dudes gonna loving crack at some point and go insane unless he has a place of healing where he gets to just turn the gently caress off and stop worrying.

Theres this one bonding scene, I think right when you get back to Ymir after C1P3, where she risks herself to get him to cool off in training that just cemented it for me.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 20, 2017