Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Cross-Section posted:

something something BENDU WAS RIGHT

Maybe, but still an rear end in a top hat though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Cross-Section posted:

Rad-rear end animatic from the Filoni panel at Celebration that just wrapped up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbhMNFDvQM0

Alsoooo

ROTJ Rex is REAL

loving sweet.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

So was Ahsoka the first of whatever is in the middle between Jedi and Sith now that Luke is actively trying to end the Jedi?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I thought the trailer implied that Luke is trying to forge a new way. TFA strongly suggested the planet Luke is on is the planet of the first Jedi Temple (it might not but that'd be an awful lot of rocks for Luke himself to arrange like that).

I bet Luke has discovered the secret beginnings of the Jedi who embraced both sides of the Force, before there was Light/Dark delineation. He wants both the Jedi and the Sith/whatever-Kylo-is to end. Rey would then be the first "new" Jedi Force user in this mold. Her rise as this new thing would topple Kylo and Snoke in Episode IX, with her leading a new Order.

In this event, I would be more interested in what Snoke is teaching Kylo Ren. He appears to be a typical Dark Side user but Snoke has more to teach him. If Rey accepts all of the Force's will (the dark and the light), Ren could desire to reject the Force's will and replace it with his own.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Space Daoism?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Space Zen is just a corrupted form of space Daoism will play really well in the Chinese market.

Jedi unit 731 founded the order on croissant.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Looks lovely and dumb. All of that VO is loving terrible and cliched but everyone is going to eat it up because it's cool to hate George Lucas.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Angry Lobster posted:

Maybe, but still an rear end in a top hat though.

It's not that you're wrong, Bendu, its that you're an rear end in a top hat!

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think Luke's comment might just be out-of-context trailer bait.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chickenwalker posted:

Looks lovely and dumb. All of that VO is loving terrible and cliched but everyone is going to eat it up because it's cool to hate George Lucas.

You don't like the trailer, but everyone else will love it because they hate George Lucas? That's a jump in logic I sure wasn't expecting.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Did anyone else pick up Thrawn? Was happy to have more space adventures with everyone's favorite blue skin, and really wasn't expecting it to flesh out Governor Price like it did

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've been watching Star Wars Explained and his reviews of the new canon novels make me interested in checking them out. How are they in general, and is Lost Stars the first one?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Everyone raves about Dark Disciple, whereas reviews are much less positive for the Ahsoka novel.

Don't look at me, I'm still burning through season 3. Ghosts of Geonosis did nothing for me at all, and wasted Saw Guerra almost as much as Rogue One. Almost.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Re: Bookchat

The Ahsoka book is technically a "Teen" book (and written for a younger age group) as opposed to general Sci/Fi like the rest(I work at a bookstore,) which might be why some people were disappointed. It was OK, for what it was.

Tarkin was pretty enjoyable, as opposed to Lords of the Sith which was a slog to get through, mainly the writing. Unfortunate - Vader + Palpy having adventures should be fun! Alas.

Haven't read any of the others, and per the timeline at the front of Thrawn they're definitely proliferating. In general, I'd probably say much the same as the old EU - a few great ones, a handful of good ones, and a bunch of dreck.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So for the books, anything made by Disney Lucasfilm Press is generally oriented toward teens. This includes Lost Stars, Ahsoka and the upcoming Rebel Rising book about Jyn Erso.

The Del Rey stuff is your more traditional Star Wars novels. I haven't read everything but I really enjoyed Battlefront: Twilight Company, Bloodline, Catalyst and the second and third Aftermath books. The first Aftermath is a slog but they get better as they go.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

sniper4625 posted:

Tarkin was pretty enjoyable, as opposed to Lords of the Sith which was a slog to get through, mainly the writing. Unfortunate - Vader + Palpy having adventures should be fun! Alas.

For what it's worth, for me it was exactly the other way round.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I enjoyed Ahsoka well enough, but I listened to the audiobook, which might have helped.

I thought Lost Stars and Bloodlines were the other two highlights of the NEU, but I haven't read Twilight Company or Thrawn yet.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

No one mentioning the Rebels tie-in novel, A New Dawn? Tsk tsk.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.
The Ahsoka is a slog, still havent finished. Tarkin was much better.

Dark Disciple is really good.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Sitting in the Rebels panel. I'm going to watch the season 4 premiere and not tell you guys how it was.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

God drat you.

I'm watching the live stream and so the trailer will have to be enough for me.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Never realized Mary Elizabeth McGlynn was Price.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Sitting in the Rebels panel. I'm going to watch the season 4 premiere and not tell you guys how it was.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Ugggggh and it looks like it's going to be streamed on a delay if at all.

BIG MEAN JEERRRRRRK :argh:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

This girl with the Sabine hair and pajamas is hella adorable, though.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

That was a solid Nihilus in the crowd shot.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Here we go.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Nice shirt, Dave. :v:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The livestream, for those wondering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPvrArQPbjU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Bendu the Force Moose :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

"I didn't get a lightsaber!" "But you got Kallus!"

"Hot Kallus" :allears:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Openly shipping Zeb and Kallus. Nice.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

"Kallus... that one piece of hair cost a lot of money to animate, so I don't know..."

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I've always liked listening to this cast talk because sometimes it really seems like they get confused about whether or not they actually are the characters doing these things.

EDIT: Also I remember when Freddie Prinze Jr. was just a pretty face on teen fashion magazines which is why it's always kind of weird to hear him totally geek out like this.

DOUBLE EDIT: God drat he's put way more thought into Star Wars than I have.

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 15, 2017

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah, he's easily my favorite of the cast as far as "getting it" goes.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Fuckin yoooooooo Warwick Davis as Ruhk!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Season 4 will be the final season?

Thats not true, thats impossible!

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Season 4 is the last one. At least Filoni's ending it on his own terms this time!

edit: And the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Tiya looks on the verge of tears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Gaddamn, season 4 looks good.

• Locked thread