Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

gaius was being trained by barkhorn he's gonna become a dominion in 3 just watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Also when I'm not on my phone I will pm a mod to change the thread title for 3rd

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
drat it cake don't steal my wild theories.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

How to write Gaius dialogue:

The winds are [X]

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MythosDragon posted:

Gaius is by far the best male character in the series.

Even if you don't think Gaius is The Most Boring Man Alive saying this in a series that includes Olivier is insanity

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

The ~~ was my way of not saying wild theories as fact or going into any detail about easily missed events.

Everyone else has a plotline that resolved a personal problem of some kind for character development, Gaius had none of that. 50% due to not having any excess baggage and being the most mature person around, and another 50% im willing to bet is related to the spoiler bars up there.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Cake Attack posted:

gaius was being trained by barkhorn he's gonna become a dominion in 3 just watch
This plot thread was so memorable I had to look up what you were referring to in the first place.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Tae posted:

Sharon not being an option sucked.

I dunno. We still don't really know much about her and I wouldn't put it past Falcom to make her turn up in the Calvard arc as an outright semi-axe crazy antagonist.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Nate RFB posted:

What did you think all of the Nord content was for if it wasn't meant to be the "Gaius Backstory"?

...Alisa's backstory?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Regy Rusty posted:

Even if you don't think Gaius is The Most Boring Man Alive saying this in a series that includes Olivier is insanity

FC came out in B.F.
CS came out in A.F.
The series sadly missed the D.F. era.
The F stands for Flamboyance.

Olivier is great. I'm a huge fan of mature same generation characters though, 4 of my top 5 male characters fit here and Gaius is 2nd or 3rd.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

This plot thread was so memorable I had to look up what you were referring to in the first place.

I mean pretty much everything with barkhorn is part of the ng+ sidequest that solely exists to tease cold steel 3 stuff, it's not supposed to be important yet, it's background stuff for turbo nerds like me to care about

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 21, 2017

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

If you take Gaius and Sara on like the very last quest in CS2 you get info on him too.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

I mean pretty much everything with barkhorn is part of the ng+ sidequest that solely exists to tease cold steel 3 stuff, it's not supposed to be important yet, it's background stuff for turbo nerds like me to care about

Did I miss an NG+ sidequest or are you talking about the Black Records?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah that's what I meant although I can't remember exactly where every given piece of info comes from tbh

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Some Numbers posted:

...Alisa's backstory?
Yeah looking at the stars was nice. Certainly was a better use of my time than anything Worzel-related.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The Barkhorn stuff is also gonna come up in Sky 3rd, fwiw.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I did basically everything possible in SC and my playthrough was 91 hours, that's not even 4 days you've got plenty of time left, just ignore sleeping/working/school for a while.

for what it's worth sc only took me 55 hours doing 90% of the sidequests. it only takes super long if you get real into the NPC circuit

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

If anyone wants, I'm happy to upload my max BP SC save when 3rd drops.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack posted:

for what it's worth sc only took me 55 hours doing 90% of the sidequests. it only takes super long if you get real into the NPC circuit

Ruh-roh

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm the guy who's gonna read all the NPC dialogue again in the PC ToCS.

(i'm also gonna cheat myself points so I can hang out with everyone without having to NG+ it)

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

You can play without talking to all the NPCs post knowing every single NPC has a fully functioning character to interact with?

Please invent a handheld computer so I can play.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

I have a different suspicion about that, but it's really hard to be sure about it when the only thing I really have to go off of for his character is the hidden side quest in the Finale of CS2.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

If anyone wants, I'm happy to upload my max BP SC save when 3rd drops.

What does having a max save get you in 3rd?

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Red Red Blue posted:

What does having a max save get you in 3rd?

Some Sepith and some really nice accessories that I think act as a Gladiator Belt and Gladiator Headband. I could be wrong.

Edit: Oh right I just remembered, I'm pretty sure the item that acts like the Headband is a reward for hitting B-Rank, along with the Sepith.

Alard fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Apr 22, 2017

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The big text patch just hit FC/SC on steam. GoG version coming soon.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

gaius is cool because its nice to have a dude who has his poo poo together. Like gently caress cant i have a dude who wont melt down on a mission?

I kinda get the feeling that if you put him into a position of power he'd be 1 bad day away from turning into Genghis Khan tho

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
rest in peace, zane vathek

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Agean90 posted:

gaius is cool because its nice to have a dude who has his poo poo together. Like gently caress cant i have a dude who wont melt down on a mission?

I kinda get the feeling that if you put him into a position of power he'd be 1 bad day away from turning into Genghis Khan tho

Gaius just needs focus. Him having his poo poo together is fine but everyone else gets so much more focus than he does if just because their family members are connected to the major events.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

In a surprise twist, Rean dies in the prologue and you play as Gaius for the rest of the game

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I wonder how much this has replaced all the hmm hmm hmms in fc/sc now that they've been trimmed out.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/textsfromkiseki

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

This is fantastic.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'm trying to figure out who FS is, and its driving me crazy.
Jusis and Rean had their initials, but no one in Class 7 has FS as initials.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

MythosDragon posted:

I'm trying to figure out who FS is, and its driving me crazy.
Jusis and Rean had their initials, but no one in Class 7 has FS as initials.

It's supposed to be Fie, the dude running it just typo'd.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Terper posted:

I'm the guy who's gonna read all the NPC dialogue again in the PC ToCS.

(i'm also gonna cheat myself points so I can hang out with everyone without having to NG+ it)

I'll be honest, using cheats for that is one of the main reasons I'm excited for a pc release.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just started Chapter 3 of SC, I might do it yet...

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
can i finish nier automata and all its endings in 8days (prob not)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Phobophilia posted:

can i finish nier automata and all its endings in 8days (prob not)

Depends on how many sidequests you skip. Game took me about 40ish hours to beat and do all but 2 of the sidequests. I maxed out all the weapons, got to level 99, etc and so forth. edit: I also didn't wait til I got fast travel for a lot of them which was dumb.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 25, 2017