Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mayor Glowku posted:

In my defense, I wasn't scum

I mean did you already forget? Sorry, SK not scum if you want to get pedantic about it. 🙄

Flying Leatherman posted:

whoops sorry to get your hopes up

Mayor Glowku, Self-Aligned Flavorcop SK Mason has won the game!
Yorkshire Tea, Self-Aligned Flavorcop SK Mason has won the game!
Moddoc
Discord (link good for 24 hours)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Moatillata posted:

What did you drink

Thank you for asking. I had a Corona and two margaritas. They were delicious.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

tpink posted:

Thank you for asking. I had a Corona and two margaritas. They were delicious.

##vote tpink

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

tpink posted:

Why? I don't see it.

His case on hal is hal is posting too much. I dunno, it doesn't seem right.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

CCKeane posted:

I'm suspicious of Asiina because my role is not typical although it has elements of typical roles in it, and I would expect the same from many roles.

Both Bomb and PGO seem to be pretty straightforward. This surprises me.

Asiina is indeed suspicious. I've only ever seen somebody botch a claim in a similar way (Cop vs. Role Cop) when they were frantically posting under pressure at L1, not an early claim like this. It doesn't really matter though, because we have to policy lynch a PGO claim at some point before LYLO anyways.

What's a hell of a lot suspicious though, is Keane's assertion that we all have wacky and unusual roles. This is a scumslip. TownKeane would have no idea what anybody else's role is other than a few people who have crumbed so far. But if it's the case that we all have wacky roles, ScumKeane would make this assumption a lot sooner if he sees that all of his scumbros have unusual roles. And the weak push on Asiina just seems like Keane's scum who's scared to push a policy lynch this early, so instead he's just trying to gently nudge town there before he commits.

##vote Keane

We could also just lynch Asiina today but this is better. If Keane flips scum, it might actually be enough to avoid policy lynching Asiina later. I'm still OK with a Flam lynch too, who made the same weak push on Asiina, but the whole wacky role thing makes me a lot more confident in Keane

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

On second thought I guess we'd still have to PL Asiina, I suppose it could just be Keane just making a weak bus for towncred knowing that Asiina is going down sooner or later

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
never not vote, idiots

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
kasu in this game based on early to mid 90s console games it's probably not a stretch that most of us have weird and wacky roles

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

My role is not particularly weird. I just feel like Keane's tone has a degree of certainty about that that's not likely from town this early.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Also here's some god-tier VGM, though not SNES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2dWCXTXQMs

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Oh just a heads up I work in a restaurant and the deadline is at 10 PM which is usually a fairly busy time for me but I will do my best to phonepost for them

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

CapitalistPig posted:

I'll try to be a poster that posts this weekend but I am on vacation starting now and will be gone. Bye! *vanish*

Dick Bastardly posted:

I am travelling across the country, so my posting volume has been a bit sparse compared to my usual meta. Got some reading to do.

this is a stickup posted:

works for me! safe travels ##unvote

:peanut:

Moatillata posted:

Mmt can you please tell me why you are not scum?

I can't think of a single negative thing that's ever happened because of airplanes, can you?

this is a stickup posted:

you're all over the place here. I tentatively agree with you about kasumeat's post, but that's more easily explained as opinions based on sparse jokephase content. I would expect you to be applauding him for trying to pull us out of the sacred jokephase, not jumping on him.

My plan is to follow suit, case some people, and find the scum. Admittedly I've been doing moving stuff today so in all likelihood the bulk of this will come tomorrow.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Kasumeat posted:

Oh just a heads up I work in a restaurant and the deadline is at 10 PM which is usually a fairly busy time for me but I will do my best to phonepost for them

Drop a mafia in the soup

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

btw I have a theory that anyone who focused more on airport chat instead of SNES music chat could be scum trying to find a different outlet for boosting their postcount, cause "just doing SNES music chat" is such an obvious thing to fear getting called out on. Also why would you not want to music chat

I feel like this post betrays the fact that bif is looking at the game from a scum point of view.

Bifauxnen posted:

Wow you are really switched on this game, it was literally from looking over his posts that I was starting to think that.

still going back to look over other people in comparison though

The tone of this post feels like bif trying to buddy up to Moat, and its content (that tpink is scum using airport-chat to hide in thread) feels like a case that scum would be making to try and drive a mislynch. tpink, despite spending a lot of time talking about airports, has an overall relaxed* vibe imo instead of a self conscious one.

*(like someone sitting in first-class)

Hal Incandenza posted:

100% scum, vote YT for a productive and successful D1!

Bifauxnen posted:

I think YT's scummy enough for D1 and all, but you acting so drat sure about it seems scummier

##vote Hal

I think that Hal's post reads as somewhat tongue-in-cheek and I don't think that Bif getting a scum read from it was an honest reaction.

##vote Bif

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

what's been posted already, someone make me a comprehensive list

---

Hi, I am a piece of poo poo mafia player again. But I am here to solve the case! Gimmie some jumpstart whilst I make boomboom

##vote Quid

Not to take away from what I just posted about Bif but at least she's posting. Quid's posts above remind me of this and I have no problem voting him if he's just going to do to the "someone else tell me what to read" dance again.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Quid

Not to run 'way from what I just posted about Bif but at least she's posting. Quid's posts above remind me of this and I have no problem voting him if he's just going to do to the "someone else tell me what to read" dance again.

mafia edit :eng99:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hmmmmm maybe I'm onto something here

Murmur Twin posted:

I think that Hal's post reads as somewhat tongue-in-cheek and I don't think that Bif getting a scum read from it was an honest reaction.

that's hardly his only post about YT, though? I agreed with his case at first when I voted YT, but him really cheerleading it like that just felt way too early.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

I'm suspicious of Asiina because my role is not typical although it has elements of typical roles in it, and I would expect the same from many roles.

Both Bomb and PGO seem to be pretty straightforward. This surprises me.

I agree with this.

Asiina posted:

Is this 10?

Cool.

I'm a bomb.

:colbert::colbert::colbert:

Asiina posted:

Oh wait I lied I meant PGO not bomb.

What made you say "bomb" there? Can you share your flavor with us since you've shared your role?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hey MT while you're doing a big read dump can you let me know your personal thoughts on reading YT next, and then on Hal

Also: lol at the idea I would need to buddy up to Moat

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
MMT take out your communicator it's making you do weird stuff

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Infinitum do you have the SADs

No I just have my reasons :ninja:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
So is it safe to assume joke posting is over? Do I actually have to try

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mayor Glowku posted:

they're all joke posts where you're concerned mate

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

they're all joke posts where you're concerned mate

OK good, some of those posts are way too long and way too in depth to read on day one.

Unironically just makes me think they are scum, who else would try so hard day one in this poo poo show of a thread

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Apparently yes because my relentless shitposting is drawing scum tells.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mayor Glowku posted:

Do

Or do not

There is no try

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Apparently yes because my relentless shitposting is drawing scum tells.

It was a joke :v: fight me

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Do

Or do not

There is no try

Dibs on do not

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Mayor Glowku posted:

Dibs on do not

Fine, but I get no try.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Yorkshire Tea (3): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Infinitum, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Bifauxnen, Hal Incandenza, Bifauxnen, Infinitum
tpink (3): Quidthulhu, chaoslord, Moatillata
Hal Incandenza (2): Mayor Glowku, Bifauxnen, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku
imgay (1): chaoslord, Asiina, chaoslord
Quidthulhu (1): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Murmur Twin
Flamander (1): Kasumeat, Birdstrike, Kasumeat
CCKeane (1): Kasumeat
Mayor Glowku (1): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Dick Bastardly
Asiina (1): tpink, Yorkshire Tea, tpink
Birdstrike (0): Asiina, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Asiina
Bifauxnen (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
BottleKnight (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, this is a stickup, Hal Incandenza, this is a stickup, Hal Incandenza
chaoslord (0): Moatillata, Moatillata
Dick Bastardly (0): this is a stickup, this is a stickup
this is a stickup (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike
CapitalistPig (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Infinitum (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Birdstrike
Kasumeat (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin

Not Voting (9): Anomalous Amalgam, BottleKnight, CapitalistPig, CCKeane, Flamander, imgay, Retro Futurist, this is a stickup, tpink

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 02nd, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 13 hours, 13 minutes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

tpink posted:

statistically speaking you're likely to hit town vs scum

Haven't played with you enough to know if not voting D1 is really part of your meta, but this is true for literally the entire game

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

chaoslord posted:

Haven't played with you enough to know if not voting D1 is really part of your meta, but this is true for literally the entire game

Eh, the odds are more so on d1 and vary depending on deaths as the game progresses. So I don't agree clord

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just :lol: if you don't actively shift your 'meta' every game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Heads up all, I'll be out at a party tonight so the odds of me posting the flip on time are basically null. Consider the deadline floating until I get a chance to close the game. This may be at 10:01, or it may be at 6am tomorrow morning, or anywhere in between.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What's a meta

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nothing

Whats a meta with you?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Infinitum doublevoted?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Clords case on tpink is contingent upon a meta case revolving discussion of airports and VG music, then he tries to debunk another of his posts with an outright dismissal.

The other two tpink votes are clearly d1 chaff.

##vote clord

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also I'll try to be around for discussions and deadlines, but I've been inundated with life shenanigans and have a lot going on ATM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Infinitum doublevoted?

Infinitum does a lot of things

Infinitum did not double vote

• Locked thread