Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I notice you claim that there is a faction of players who wish to murder the town.

But how would you know this, unless you were in this faction?

Heck. Weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ugggggh between Inf and Quid and Glowku this whole "haha I'm not reading lol" fad is really pissing me off lately, can we just lunch one of them please

##vote Quid

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Ugggggh between Inf and Quid and Glowku this whole "haha I'm not reading lol" fad is really pissing me off lately, can we just lunch one of them please

##vote Quid

I'll read the thread on day 2. Sincerely thinking there's much merit in posts day one is clinical insanity. But please by all means continue to post paragraphs of speculation while I continue to ignore them

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Conversely I could pretend to read them and just mock them as stupidity

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mayor Glowku posted:

Sincerely thinking there's much merit in posts day one is clinical insanity.

Sincerely thinking there's no merit in posts day one is clinical insanity.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

chaoslord posted:

Sincerely thinking there's no merit in posts day one is clinical insanity.

Most d1 posting is bereft of content. It's mostly memetic, clique, meta that has to be sifted through for inconsistencies in claims or logic.

There is merit, but a lot of it is garbage.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

I'll read the thread on day 2. Sincerely thinking there's much merit in posts day one is clinical insanity. But please by all means continue to post paragraphs of speculation while I continue to ignore them

##vote Glowku

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote Quid

How do you feel about reading but not caring?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

CCKeane posted:

PGO doesn't have to be policy lynched, you're being silly, a big ol' goof.

I disagree. It's a super dangerous claim to let live, being essentially investigation immune and bullet proof

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

How do you feel about reading but not caring?

Not much better but it's a start

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina throwing some stones from her glass not-reading-confessionals house :cheeky:

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Also I've played about ten games of Mafia for those curious, half here, half elsewhere

##vote flam
Maybe my last chance to post tonight before the deadline and i like this best of the wagons

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Most d1 posting is bereft of content. It's mostly memetic, clique, meta that has to be sifted through for inconsistencies in claims or logic.

Sure, but I'm not arguing that every D1 post is good. There's gonna be fluff. But it's also player dependent. If you get a lot of imgays, it's going to be a crap show. If you get a lot of KBs, there'll be a lot of good content. It usually works out to being in between with some content.

Choosing to read the thread because "day one :shrug:" is stupid.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
FYI, so I don't get accused of lurking later, I am going to a dinner tonight so likely will not be around for the deadline. I love Mafia on these here comedy forums, but Friday night deadlines are tough.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Complete nonsense. I literally just finished a setup of 4 VT vs 2 Mafia lovers that we won in day 1. That requires the entire town consensus and we all were unanimous on the scum team before seeing a single flip. No scum slips happened, just sorting legit scum hunting from fake

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mayor Glowku posted:

I'm someone who thinks the noise-to-merit ratio on D1 is generally terrible but even I think this is stupid.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Like, if you're going to play the game at least read the drat posts son, D1 or no.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I am reading

In my heart I am voting Kasumeat for being weird

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Can't contest that. In all honesty, my d1 strat is to see whose built up heat and then meticulously look for reasons why within the cases raised against them and their own content. I just don't see current cases. Votes against apathetic players makes sense, but a vote against a player who just has their own stance against d1 with intent to contribute d2 and beyond... I think it's a weak case to emulate content. Also this portion isn't directed @Clord, but anyone who thinks, just policy lynch them for not playing d1 in a role madness... that's not good.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kasumeat posted:

Complete nonsense. I literally just finished a setup of 4 VT vs 2 Mafia lovers that we won in day 1. That requires the entire town consensus and we all were unanimous on the scum team before seeing a single flip. No scum slips happened, just sorting legit scum hunting from fake

That's 6 people and not role madness. Careful with hyperbole, bub'.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I am reading

In my heart I am voting Kasumeat for being weird

HURRR LETS VOTE THE GUY ACTUALLY SCUM HUNTING

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gonna be driving for most the rest of deadline. I'll see if I can convince mrs Slord to hammer out some posts for me if I think of anything

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
never not lynch idoits!!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

Also: lol at the idea I would need to buddy up to Moat

:cheerdoge:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

Are you saying scum wouldn't act like they're scum hunting?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Going to see Alien tonight and will definitely miss deadline.

##vote Glowku For obstinance about D1 and so I don't have to look at his avatar anymore

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Retro Futurist posted:

Going to see Alien tonight and will definitely miss deadline.

##vote Glowku For obstinance about D1 and so I don't have to look at his avatar anymore

Literally the only avatar I've ever adblocked on this forum. :D

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Can we just murder flam and then since we are not the one dead, turn to our affairs

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Moatillata posted:

Can we just murder flam and then since we are not the one dead, turn to our affairs

don't email my wife!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Moatillata posted:

Flam is at least posting. There are some people lurking hard.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tpink posted:

Flam is at least posting. There are some people lurking hard.

Protecting your scumbro D1

Respek

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Birdstrike posted:

don't email my wife!

But the email said I had to send it to 100 people or I would die

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Man that's a nice votefinder spread a few hours from deadline. On the current "leaders":

Flam - still think he sounds kinda like an Inf or Anidav style dumb town, but not great

Glowku - being proud of not contributing D1 rubs me the wrong way. I thought last game it wasn't necessarily scummy of him, but then he was an SK so hey, who knows

Kasumeat - His more recent posts did sound awkward but before I thought he sounded like a townie trying hard to do some casing even on D1. MT was on his case right away the minute he stepped out of jokephase, too. He might just be getting frustrated, or scum could be setting him up to be "the one who just sounds weird". Been there.

Quid - the most egregious I think, of team won't read

YT - He seemed real self conscious about wanting to justify staying in jokephase and has dropped off since then. I do see him as looking scummy, but it's just a weak D1 hunch

tpink - I just played as town masons with him recently so I could see his current posting being similar to that. He doesn't like to contribute until he actually has something worth contributing.

Hal - including him too cause I was voting him before. I thought it felt suspicious how he was trying to boost up the case on YT, and when I re-read him he'd been jokevoting/policy voting YT much earlier which I still don't get. Making me double-guess the YT case a lot.

I wanna mention RF here too, I haven't liked his posting. It seems right in the zone where he's posting mostly filler and dumb YPM conspiracy theories, but smart enough to not spam poo poo all over. No one else is really mentioning him either which makes me even more suss. Don't think that's going anywhere before deadline though.

Wanna lunch: Quid or Hal or YT (or RF)

Would also vote: Glowku, Flam

Not feeling it: Kasumeat, tpink

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Annie how do you feel about Leandssidgfhdedhve dropping a vote on you d1?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

Annie how do you feel about Leandssidgfhdedhve dropping a vote on you d1?

I wonder what she's playing at and if she was just dropping it in amongst a bunch of other cases so she could get in a dig without me jumping into attack mode. But she is casing a lot so let's see where it goes.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kasumeat posted:

Hmmm

##vote Kasumeat

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Kasumeat posted:

Hello if you believe this then you do not believe that PGO is a mandatory policy vote thank you I am the child of the one known as Bebe.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bif that's just not cool, why would you vote me for confidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Hello if you believe this then you do not believe that PGO is a mandatory policy vote thank you I am the child of the one known as Bebe.

Keep dropping truth, Keane

• Locked thread