Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

The story was insane enough, but when it got to the bit about Vince bringing it up himself at a Congressional hearing.... :stare:

I may have misheard or assumed it, but it taking place in Greenwich is almost as crazy. At that time Vince was not that famous, new money is not respected in Greenwich and that kind of poo poo will get you blacklisted. Vince tries to act like he doesn't care about snoody upper society, but on some level you know he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

The story was insane enough, but when it got to the bit about Vince bringing it up himself at a Congressional hearing.... :stare:

Than hearing how the lawyers responded when Vince brought it up was even more crazy. Like they out right tried to play it down right to Vince's face and Vince still doubled down

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
I still listen to The Raven Effect, and I think it's improved ever since he kicked Swinger out and brought Busby in. Busby is far more talkative than Swinger and they have way better chemistry. Also, Raven being tight with Billy Corgan sounds like potential for Raven to have the inside track about the whole NWA situation.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

CVagts posted:

Thinking about adding the 6:05 Superpodcast, Lapsed Fan, and Between the Sheets to my podcast rotation. Is it fine to start from the beginning with these, or are the early ones of any of these unlistenable until a certain point?

Lapsed fan just skip around to whatever interests you but they are a very acquired taste. Being a Goon I'd think they're right up your alley. Start with the Wrestlemania journey like someone said above.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Gotcha, thanks. I just kinda need something that's at least mildly interesting and not-terrible audio quality for listening to at work.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
"You'll be carrying your carrying own newsletter to the recycling. Wouldn't that be sad?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

exploded mummy posted:

"You'll be carrying your carrying own newsletter to the recycling. Wouldn't that be sad?"

That was loving amazing, that's a mean old lady :laugh:

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

exploded mummy posted:

I completely lost it when Granny said that. What an ending to a segment!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Young Bucks talking about Cole vs Omega not happening sooner because of Omega's "visa issues" lol what a couple of loving marks to not know the real story

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/871208587338539009

2 minutes after he tweeted this, Dave had a cameo talking about Sakuraba in the induction highlight reel :laugh:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Young Bucks talking about Cole vs Omega not happening sooner because of Omega's "visa issues" lol what a couple of loving marks to not know the real story

What is the real story?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

What is the real story?

You gotta ask Rovert. He knows the realll scoop.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

The_Rob posted:

You gotta ask Rovert. He knows the realll scoop.

NO THANKS~!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The finish of the match saw Finn Balor uise the sloing blade and cuop de gras on Roman Reigns

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
New BTS with Honky Tonk Man's IC title win, Riki Choshu's NJPW return, a kidnapping angle(!) involving rookie Shockmaster(!) in Memphis, Magnum TA's dead arm, the AWA/Tribune rumors that are oddly relevant right now, and MUCH more.

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/871594829960097793

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

I may have misheard or assumed it, but it taking place in Greenwich is almost as crazy. At that time Vince was not that famous, new money is not respected in Greenwich and that kind of poo poo will get you blacklisted. Vince tries to act like he doesn't care about snoody upper society, but on some level you know he does.
Well, he was there as a guest of the guy whose birthday it was, who as Vince's employee probably didn't put up a stink, but I dunno if that changes much.

CVagts posted:

Thinking about adding the 6:05 Superpodcast, Lapsed Fan, and Between the Sheets to my podcast rotation. Is it fine to start from the beginning with these, or are the early ones of any of these unlistenable until a certain point?
BTS you can always try starting with the Best of that I put together to celebrate the first year (we'll be doing another one soon). It takes time to become the exact show it is now, but not really that much, and they're all pretty drat evergreen regardless.

6:05 has so many callbacks etc that there's definitely reason to listen in order even if the show has changed a lot. The running Hangman Bruce Pobanz stuff, for example, is considerably more interesting/entertaining if you've heard Brian reacting to me explaining who he is on an early show.

Lapsed Fan I never really got into as much as I like Jack as a person and podcaster.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

algebra testes posted:

The finish of the match saw Finn Balor uise the sloing blade and cuop de gras on Roman Reigns
irish accents are weird

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

Well, he was there as a guest of the guy whose birthday it was, who as Vince's employee probably didn't put up a stink, but I dunno if that changes much.

BTS you can always try starting with the Best of that I put together to celebrate the first year (we'll be doing another one soon). It takes time to become the exact show it is now, but not really that much, and they're all pretty drat evergreen regardless.

6:05 has so many callbacks etc that there's definitely reason to listen in order even if the show has changed a lot. The running Hangman Bruce Pobanz stuff, for example, is considerably more interesting/entertaining if you've heard Brian reacting to me explaining who he is on an early show.

Lapsed Fan I never really got into as much as I like Jack as a person and podcaster.

When you are somewhere as someone's guest you generally act better, not worse knowing your actions can lead to them losing standing as well as yourself being banned.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

"Nakamura's gonna a be a big superstar no matter what"
"Don't say that, we said that about Bayley"
"No he is"
"Don't say that, Dave. You know they can screw anybody up"
".....Yeah"

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

St Evan Echoes posted:

"Nakamura's gonna a be a big superstar no matter what"
"Don't say that, we said that about Bayley"
"No he is"
"Don't say that, Dave. You know they can screw anybody up"
".....Yeah"

This was great. There was also a fun bit on the UFC wrap up from Sunday around 22:15 in where Dave starts to say he cut promos on Sakuraba and then corrects himself to say he did interviews about him instead.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

When you are somewhere as someone's guest you generally act better, not worse knowing your actions can lead to them losing standing as well as yourself being banned.
Well, I know that, but Filippelli had no real issues coming out of it.

Speaking of which, my Deadspin piece on Deford's wrestling entanglements went up a few hours ago: http://deadspin.com/how-frank-deford-helped-pro-wrestling-journalism-become-1795783697

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I know you are all sick of the bad wrestling podcasts that get posted about here so it's time for a good wrestling podcast

EPISODE 6

HulkaMatt and I review GAME CHANGER WRESTLING PRESENTS: ZANDIG TOURNAMENT OF SURVIVAL 2!

This was recorded in a car so I apologize for the background noise and poor audio quality. However you will want to deal with these minor issues to learn all about this Survival Match tournament!

http://tindeck.com/listen/iqizn

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TalkIsJericho/status/872095805796216832

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Meltzer on Demetrious Johnson gets so many facts wrong it's insane.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
dude's 0 / 2 on fact checking mighty mouse gimmicks

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I listened to the B&V for Extreme Rules and the palpable relief that guys working for Figure Four get when Bryan tells them they don't have to review Raw is so hilariously relatable.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Lid posted:

Meltzer on Demetrious Johnson gets so many facts wrong it's insane.

I'm not following it super close- what did he miss?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I think lid is wrong here

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If low, gruff whispering and the clapping of dentures is your thing: https://twitter.com/JakeSnakeDDT/status/872566143906480128

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

rovert posted:

If low, gruff whispering and the clapping of dentures is your thing: https://twitter.com/JakeSnakeDDT/status/872566143906480128

Trust him....

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

I was hoping the picture was Dave.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

interview with okada on observer radio today. it's a nice short interview, his english is a lot better than i would have thought. he wants to wrestle aj, nakamura and balor again, but not karl anderson :lol:

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jun 8, 2017

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Cardboard Box posted:

interview with okada on observer radio today. it's a nice short interview, his english is a lot better than i would have thought. he wants to wrestle aj, nakamura and balor again, but not karl anderson :lol:

Died at this. Also his saying in response to the question about the poll on the best wrestlers to ever be in Japan: "I only finished fourth" quickly followed by an Alvarez chuckle.

Edit: :lol: at the shot at Gedo at the end as well

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jun 8, 2017

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I was hoping the picture was Dave.
I assume you realised it wasn't when you scrolled as far as the modest thighs and ill-defined calves

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Rodney the Piper posted:

Died at this. Also his saying in response to the question about the poll on the best wrestlers to ever be in Japan: "I only finished fourth" quickly followed by an Alvarez chuckle.

Edit: :lol: at the shot at Gedo at the end as well

I popped at the shot at Gedo but Dave and Bryan completely missed it

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also weirdly disarming the way he was like "I mever felt pressure having to top my last match with Tanahashi and AJ because I learn so much from them everytime we wrestle." :3

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dave's questions were awful. maybe dont do your typical triple-tangent ramble without a clear question when you're interviewing a non-native speaker that prepared half their answers beforehand

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

dave's questions were awful. maybe dont do your typical triple-tangent ramble without a clear question when you're interviewing a non-native speaker that prepared half their answers beforehand

yeah okada definitely got lost trying to follow dave's questions and gently caress, so did i some of the time

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/872957593701957632

Oh, Dave. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Dave could be ten times bigger than he is, simply based on knowledge, contacts and work ethic. This interview shined a light on how bush league he comes off sometimes.

• Locked thread