Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Maybe when m18 comes out someone will start up a xbone league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
I'll make the 18 thread once more information is out.

I'm also intending to make a thread for a Xbox league so you broke brains won't ask if there's an Xbox league every 30 minutes

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Papes posted:

Maybe when m18 comes out someone will start up a xbone league

Get back on discord you whiny retard cuck

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
How do I join this league

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I'll make the switch league

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Kind of glad I'm not on Madden anymore so I don't have to stare at Brady's smug loving face day in and day out.

That said the last word I heard from ex-coworkers is that the transition to Frostbite hasn't been smooth even if it's been planned/worked on for 2 years. So it was all hands on deck trying to get it out the door and as bug free as possible.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

It'll be bad like always no biggie

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
About time the plucky Patriots got a madden cover.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Volkerball posted:

About time the plucky Patriots got a madden cover.

never woulda guessed you played madden

Oberst
May 24, 2010

cant wait for the autism about simmed game stats not being accurate enough

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

verbal enema posted:

never woulda guessed you played madden

Oberst posted:

cant wait for the autism about simmed game stats not being accurate enough

Did that clear things up a little bit? And gently caress you oberst.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Game fun
Funny poo poo happens
Chat on cord about how lovely I am

It's baller

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

real_scud posted:

Kind of glad I'm not on Madden anymore so I don't have to stare at Brady's smug loving face day in and day out.

That said the last word I heard from ex-coworkers is that the transition to Frostbite hasn't been smooth even if it's been planned/worked on for 2 years. So it was all hands on deck trying to get it out the door and as bug free as possible.

Heard anything on how much stuff they're going to scrap due to how bad poo poo looks in the Madden Championships once again? And by bad I mean Nickle Blitz 2 being the only defense being ran and the blatant exploiting of a glitch throughout the tournament.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Madden 18 will have coverage assignments.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
madden 18, it will be hilariously bad and buggy with the new engine and i'll still lose game to goons all the time :wink:

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Eifert Posting posted:

Madden 18 will have coverage assignments.

Have they clarified that this means the feature we all want or from the description could it just be that the game tells you who you're covering on a play (because that's exactly what the description says it is which is horseshit.)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hope it's the latter because I will feel really dumb buying the first version on a new engine.

They are. ALWAYS. poo poo.

But coverage assignments are the biggest missing feature in Madden.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I just want to be able to do run plays

Idk how I took the browns to the Superbowl and won ok I was on average difficulty but it was still tough for me with running an average of 40 yards a game minus a few run touchdowns

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Eifert Posting posted:

I hope it's the latter because I will feel really dumb buying the first version on a new engine.

They are. ALWAYS. poo poo.

But coverage assignments are the biggest missing feature in Madden.

I would wait for confirmation then because nothing they have said indicates that coverage assignments (as we want them) are in the game.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

verbal enema posted:

I just want to be able to do run plays

Idk how I took the browns to the Superbowl and won ok I was on average difficulty but it was still tough for me with running an average of 40 yards a game minus a few run touchdowns

Yeah they made run lanes non-existent and the back doesn't run downhill into the line at all, so running just feels futile. I haven't really really dug into it like I did last year, but all the juke moves seem a lot more useless this year too, especially in the backfield.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Off tackle, trap both work. It sucks having like 4 run plays that work but they do work. It also helps to not touch turbo until you're in the gap. Blockers get offended when you hit turbo still, will happily disengage block and let you get murdered.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

If you can't run in madden 17 I guarantee you are either hitting turbo behind the line of scrimmage, playing a card mode, or have the vision of Trent Richardson.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite is when you go around the outside and the receivers act like they are running a route and don't even consider blocking. They'll just run right past defenders. Thanks bro.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Papes posted:

If you can't run in madden 17 I guarantee you are either hitting turbo behind the line of scrimmage, playing a card mode, or have the vision of Trent Richardson.

Here's an experiment for you: watch a sim with a run heavy team for a bit. Bonus points if they have a good or great running back. They're gonna get stuffed in the backfield on every run that takes more than half a second to develop. I doubt the CPU is turbo pressing in the backfield. Many times the d line or linebackers will get there almost as soon as the ball is handed off. The oline and the way they block is the issue.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Yeah papes is constantly in denial about what is wrong with the game so just ignore him

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fumbles?? In football??? This is ruining my play experience! !! *runs around like a retard on defense because change of direction and linebacker speed is hosed* Perfectly normal

PeRfEcTlY nOrMaL

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Inverted veer ( and probably some wr reverse plays) is the only true broken run play in the game. Call literally any other run play and make reasonable pre snap judgements and you can run efficiently.

This was true up until Decemberish. If they put out a patch since then that completely ruined the game, I wouldn't be that surprised.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Lmao ok dude. Now tell us how injuries are bad and depth shouldn't be part of the game

And yes that's what happened, d line is op now, which is actually better than the abysmal state the game was in from early November to early January

EDITED BECAUSE I FEEL BAD FOR ONCE

Oberst fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 22, 2017

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Sorry that was overly abrasive even for me. But you're wrong so gently caress u!!!!!!!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I didn't know they patched the game after the season ended, I'll concede defeat on this one.

Also, injuries are cool and good.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
They put out a patch that fixed D-Line/O-Line interactions so that poo poo tier linemen wouldn't dominate the game. The reason why it was patched was due to the tourny guys using tanked offensive lines and being able to run the ball at will. Madden season doesnt end until the tourny season ends so they will continue patching the game until the Madden Championships, which is usually May.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Leagues not dead!!!!

I'm already ready for slap fighting

I love you all and um excited for Volkerball to join the league so I can call him a bitch

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Oberst posted:

Leagues not dead!!!!

I'm already ready for slap fighting

I love you all and um excited for Volkerball to join the league so I can call him a bitch

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/status/870367064690655236

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djqQQCzdF1M

Oberst
May 24, 2010

N A R R A T I V E
A
R
R
A
T
I
V
E

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Longshot sounded cool, but when i read that

Mike Young, via Polygon posted:

“All of the games within Longshot, none of them are the main character playing a 2017 NFL schedule,”

I got way less excited. What exactly is the point of the mode if you don't get to play in the NFL at some point?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
You don't play in the nfl apparently at all

Lol

No nfl games in madden

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
We did some surveys and it turns out the worst part of Madden is the NFL games.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

New thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
No character customization, don't get to choose team, no NFL games and can't pick position in story mode. It's more story than create a player

I'm considering picking up a PS4 as my job has calmed down but I usually only play franchise mode....

I'm also like 12 years in on my madden 25 franchise on 360.

• Locked thread