Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

unlike you I would like to actually win this game by playing mafia, not hoping night action mafia fixes it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I like how people see random destructive roles with almost no chance of being pro-town in games past (such as my recently run SNES Mafia with Hal Incandenza's Uniracer) as cool and good, but then I get a random destructive role in this game and everyone is blowing up about using it

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Bifauxnen posted:

Guess who has bard for a water job :buddy:

Glad to learn you are town, Lumpen!

I'm also happy to learn this.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Poque posted:

they can. i don't feel like it's logically genuine to claim that you are The Good Guy for daycopping inf and 'catching' him but then wanting to also follow his lead. catching a 3p with a cop in a game where roles don't indicate alignment isn't a reason to not lynch you

all 3rd can/may be anti-town so it's beneficial to wipe them out, but I did believe that Infi was true to his words, ya know before someone told me he was lying.

killing 3rds are a null tell.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Except I'm actually posting content and cases so try again

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

I just read through like 6 drat pages right after I woke up, didn't someone say they had some ability that was going off on Kash tonight and he was already down to one job?

Kash lost one last night.

Berserker went off and lost him another.

Doom will (confirm?) lose another tonight.

There's no final ability.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Kash lost one last night.

Berserker went off and lost him another.

Doom will (confirm?) lose another tonight.

There's no final ability.

WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING THIS?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Jamuraan posted:

I'm actually playing mafia. You're the "townie" killing other townies for funsies. That sounds like you're an anarchist dipshit.

why do you think he has exclusively hurt townies?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
With Jam taking away my ability to use night actions the ONLY ability I have is necro. Bunch of people who aren't even reading this game

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Poque posted:

why do you think he has exclusively hurt townies?

He knew his ability would hit everyone. That includes townies. He's intentionally killing townies.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jamuraan posted:

Illiterate trash bitch strikes again

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Jamuraan posted:

Did you mean to repeat Jailed?

No I'm an idiot. The last necromancer ability is all targeted night actions get assigned a random target.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Jamuraan posted:

Moatillata posted:

##berserk kashuno

That killed Kash's earth job according to him.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I never used the word "exclusively", it's enough that he's intentionally hurting at least 1 town. Unless he can kill all the scum in one sweep, it's a net-negative play, it's bad townie play.

The fact he's trying to justify it is either scummy or lovely, haven't decided yet.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Not even according to me, Cpig said it in thread.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Btw I just forgot TM was one of the bards so that makes me want to lynch him less, but not entirely.

Also, looking at these other bard abilities, I think it would be a really good idea to explain them all to everyone so we don't get since real nasty surprises later. Someone tell me very quickly if this is actually a really bad idea that I only think it's good cause I just woke up

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Jamuraan posted:

He knew his ability would hit everyone. That includes townies. He's intentionally killing townies.

this is really minimizing it

Actually I have specific confirmation that the tsunami killed my fire job, I'd like to know what caused the N1 deaths:

CapitalistPig posted:

Two huge tsunamis swept over the world last night!

Kashuno has lost his fire job!
Max has lost his water job!
Little Mac has lost his wind job!
Poque has lost his fire job!
bowmore has lost his fire job!
Chaoslord has lost his fire and earth jobs!

It is now day 2!

The day's terrain is - Desert

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Kash's power could also hit scum. Just using an random power doesn't mean it's automatically a scum move. This push is dumb and filled with boring people.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Yorkshire Tea posted:

You keep wording it like it's HIS ability that caused him to lose a job. You should have phrased it exactly as "Moat killed one with his Berserk"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

this is really minimizing it

Actually I have specific confirmation that the tsunami killed my fire job, I'd like to know what caused the N1 deaths:

Tsunami killed my fire job

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan posted:

You keep wording it like it's HIS ability that caused him to lose a job. You should have phrased it exactly as "Moat killed one with his Berserk"

Mafia Edit: His = Kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jamuraan posted:

Was the (likely) summoner who caused tsunami last night anti-town?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Kashuno posted:

Oh I am berserked I will stop posting then

:killing::killing::killing:

This is why I originally got confused.

I thought in addition to being hit by the berserk from Moat Kash had had the berserk effect cast on him. Since Kash said "I am berserked."

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
oh i'm a moron, the mist poisoned people. worth knowing if any of those n1 deaths were non-tsunami though

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Bifauxnen posted:

Btw I just forgot TM was one of the bards so that makes me want to lynch him less, but not entirely.

Also, looking at these other bard abilities, I think it would be a really good idea to explain them all to everyone so we don't get since real nasty surprises later. Someone tell me very quickly if this is actually a really bad idea that I only think it's good cause I just woke up

I don't think so. What nasty surprises could even happen? maybe the first/second song but ehh... It's all terrible other than the heroic song anyway. Max already revealed the driving song btw

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Point to me where I'm relying on night action mafia. Post an actual piece of evidence for this

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

Kash's power could also hit scum. Just using an random power doesn't mean it's automatically a scum move. This push is dumb and filled with boring people.

It's more than just using his power. He's reveling in the fact he's killing people. That's a scum move.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Kashuno posted:

Point to me where I'm relying on night action mafia. Post an actual piece of evidence for this

*uses both his anti-town abilities*
*claims to not being using abilities*

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yorkshire Tea posted:

This is why I originally got confused.

I thought in addition to being hit by the berserk from Moat Kash had had the berserk effect cast on him. Since Kash said "I am berserked."

there was some confusion between myself and cpig as well so it's all fixed

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Kashuno posted:

Was the (likely) summoner who caused tsunami last night anti-town?

Yes, almost definitely the person who used Tsunami is anti-town.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Jamuraan posted:

It's more than just using his power. He's reveling in the fact he's killing people. That's a scum move.

is it though?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

Random killing abilities are anti-town, yes.

It's the one time where you actually can use statistics and say that you're more likely to hit town than scum.

Targeted killing abilities aren't random and can actually be based on, I dunno, scumhunting. Shock of shocks.

Random abilities are based on nothing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jamuraan posted:

*uses both his anti-town abilities*
*claims to not being using abilities*

That's not what night action mafia means???

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Bifauxnen posted:

It might not be a bad idea and I'm willing to share my bard abilities. I'll wait for a consensus first, though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Jamuraan posted:

ummm, it's not like Kash is going UHUHUH IM SO HAPPY THAT IM KILLING EVERYONE. jesus, he just used his only ability, which could be beneficial to town.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina posted:

It's the one time where you actually can use statistics and say that you're more likely to hit town than scum.

no you can't. you don't know the makeup of the game

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Kashuno posted:

That's not what night action mafia means???

Sorry then I don't understand your obfuscated language.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Kashuno posted:

there was some confusion between myself and cpig as well so it's all fixed

Okay cool, apologies for earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Yorkshire Tea (4): Little Mac, Added Space, Tired Moritz, Jamuraan
Kashuno (2): King Burgundy, Asiina
Quidthulhu (1): Moatillata, Added Space, Kashuno, Kashuno, Added Space
Tired Moritz (1): Poque
Poque (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Jamuraan (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (20): Bifauxnen, bowmore, CCKeane, chaoslord, Flamander, IllegallySober, Jonathan Fisk, Kashuno, Lumpen, Max, Mithross, Murmur Twin, Quidthulhu, Raeg, redneck nazgul, SLASHER HAWKE, The Ninth Layer, this is a stickup, tpink, Yorkshire Tea

With 28 alive, it's 15 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 28th, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

:siren: Day 2 - Desert (All Chemists gain a Phoenix Down today) :siren:

• Locked thread