Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Mafia edit

##Beserk: tpink

##vote: Yorkshire Tea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'll also jump to ##vote YT

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Kashuno posted:

:ssh: it's ##berserk and ##vote

Phone posting makes me somehow even worse at mafia than normal.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Because even if I killed town I'd gain information. To me that's more valuable than being safe.

I don't know why you're so loving obsessed with killing 3P because you're terrified we'll hit town with our vigs yet at the same time advocate for vote lynches being a good idea.

Bad argument on top of being a bad vig

##vote YT

Max
Nov 30, 2002

To summarize: People we should get rid of - Random town that may have good abilities that could help.

People we should keep: People who are definitely not town, and the people that are randomly throwing vigs around.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Because even if I killed town I'd gain information. To me that's more valuable than being safe.

I don't know why you're so loving obsessed with killing 3P because you're terrified we'll hit town with our vigs yet at the same time advocate for vote lynches being a good idea.

this argument doesn't make sense. A 3P with possible killing abilities is actively worse than a townie with killing abilities.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Why are people voting Yorkshire Tea? I thought Quid got daycopped Scum?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

Why are people voting Yorkshire Tea? I thought Quid got daycopped Scum?

Inf lied about N0 copping Quid scum, from all indications.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, seriously, if this was even coordinated better it would make more sense. Pick two people you think are scummy. Vote one and vig the other with the other zerkers helping out. Spreading out the pain just makes it easier to NK people.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The only actual cops so far come from Bards: Inf not town, Slasher town, Moat town, Lumpen town

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Still waiting for responses to this too:

King Burgundy posted:

He's going to keep using his ability if he stays in the game.

He could be bold scum, or selfish town, either way I want him gone.

Unless:

It seems like everyone is saying we should just do this and it's no big deal, and Kash should totally just keep on keeping on. IMHO, we kill Kash, or me and Added Space should also use our powers since it is supposedly no big deal.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh hey, paging anybody who's got cool protective roles:

I know I look super townie right now but as I mentioned, you can't use the same bard song two days in a row so I got no daycop tomorrow. I recommend looking after Max or Jam or TM instead.

Also if I die soon I don't have to spreadsheet all this poo poo

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

this argument doesn't make sense. A 3P with possible killing abilities is actively worse than a townie with killing abilities.
But we KNOW tpink is a Survivor who can win with Town, as opposed to people we don't know that about, who could be Scum, which tpink can not be.

Town can only win by SCUMHUNTING. tpink is no threat to Town until near LYLO, and at that point he is a totally known quantity.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Inf claimed N0, the bards claimed D1 gives me pause. Also it being Inf gives me pause.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The cop was one shot, it doesn't matter.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

King Burgundy posted:

Quid didn't react well to it, if I remember correctly

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

But we KNOW tpink is a Survivor who can win with Town, as opposed to people we don't know that about, who could be Scum, which tpink can not be.

Town can only win by SCUMHUNTING. tpink is no threat to Town until near LYLO, and at that point he is a totally known quantity.

Throwing vigs out at random with little to no justification or discussion isn't scumhunting

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh hey, paging anybody who's got cool protective roles:

I know I look super townie right now but as I mentioned, you can't use the same bard song two days in a row so I got no daycop tomorrow. I recommend looking after Max or Jam or TM instead.

Also if I die soon I don't have to spreadsheet all this poo poo

I've been debating the spreadsheet thing this game.

King Burgundy posted:

Still waiting for responses to this too:

:killing::votegop::killing:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

The cop was one shot, it doesn't matter.

Aw gently caress, so it is

Never mind protect me instead :buddy:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

Throwing vigs out at random with little to no justification or discussion isn't scumhunting
Jello pudding pops.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Was just to post this. On top of that, tpink COULD vote with the town but he has no commitment or need to, so seems like a better shot for forced vig that firing off at random.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
KB: Going necromancer is still a gamble, even if it's flat odds. I want more info on how it works before I fire it off.

Not much point in offing Kush now because he popped both muder abilities, the rest are pretty flatly neutral.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifaux, my response was to something you posted, kinda surprised you aren't responding at least.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Added Space posted:

KB: Going necromancer is still a gamble, even if it's flat odds. I want more info on how it works before I fire it off.

Not much point in offing Kush now because he popped both muder abilities, the rest are pretty flatly neutral.

What do you not know about the ability? I can give you all the details of it because it's really straight forward.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Christ this game moves fast.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Added Space posted:

:siren:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Added Space posted:

I'd argue frog at the least is also anti town, since it is going to hit more town then scum.

Jail can be argued as neutral.

Mass bus drive can be argued as neutral I guess, if no one is relying on any investigative type roles.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

What do you not know about the ability? I can give you all the details of it because it's really straight forward.

Yeah, he should have it all already since he claims to have gotten it as well.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Bifaux, my response was to something you posted, kinda surprised you aren't responding at least.

What, that was a question? I already said I believe Kash, so I don't believe we should vote him for being scum.

I also agree with the math points Poque raised about it maybe being a net positive after all. (in principle anyway, his first calculations may have been off) it just feels very personally annoying I'm sure, if you're one of the people hit.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Kashuno posted:

Look, I'm going to die anyway because I had the audacity to shoot someone in a game where we have over a hundred lives.

First Tpink.

I'm not going to shoot him because he's 3P and that at least gives me some insight into how he'll act. Scum are likely to have more killing abilities so his ability to survive the game to the end is contingent on scum dying. That is until the game turns. To me, until maybe day 3 or 4 he's effectively going to act as a town player. So I'm not going to kill him because I have some insight into the way that he'll act. That's useful to me.

We have no idea if Lmac is scum or town. Literally none. As long as he's alive we have no information beyond what he says which is functionally useless until we can confirm his alignment. I think he's scum. Part of that is because of how hard he pushed Inf, and I'm not afraid to admit it, part of that is because he rubbed me the wrong way D1 and I was out for revenge.

The most important thing to note is that we are operating from different basic assumptions. I think that 3P favours town early in the game and I was dead set against the Inf lynch as a result.

So I shot the man I thought might be scum. And I'll die for it. So be it. I'm sad I won't get to release my Beastmaster pet tonight, but meh, swings and roundabouts.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Poque posted:

this is really minimizing it

Actually I have specific confirmation that the tsunami killed my fire job, I'd like to know what caused the N1 deaths:

Mine was via tsunami.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

This is LITERALLY THE REVERSE from your stupid loving no lynch advocacy yesterday. You're just pissing where the wind takes you. I hope it takes you to HELL.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

What, that was a question? I already said I believe Kash, so I don't believe we should vote him for being scum.

I also agree with the math points Poque raised about it maybe being a net positive after all. (in principle anyway, his first calculations may have been off) it just feels very personally annoying I'm sure, if you're one of the people hit.

So to confirm, you are encouraging me and Added to also use our powers?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Also I'm town because what a dumb loving gambit claiming essentially vanilla town in a role madness game would be.

My water job was Ninja, btw.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Little Mac posted:

This is LITERALLY THE REVERSE from your stupid loving no lynch advocacy yesterday. You're just pissing where the wind takes you. I hope it takes you to HELL.

Like seriously, I just want you to die because of how goddamn angry you get over Mafia.

But to be clear.

I think D1 vigs are pointless because the pushes are rarely meaningful and the flips rarely say anything.

I think my own kills have a point because they allow me to confirm thoughts that I personally have.

They're different things.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Scum are likely to have more killing abilities

How would you know this?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Mafia edit D1 lynch not D1 kill.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Kashuno posted:

How would you know this?

Because I can infer things based on how I expect games are set up.

It's literally all I ever do in Mafia.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Look, I'm going to die anyway because I had the audacity to shoot someone in a game where we have over a hundred lives.

First Tpink.

I'm not going to shoot him because he's 3P and that at least gives me some insight into how he'll act. Scum are likely to have more killing abilities so his ability to survive the game to the end is contingent on scum dying. That is until the game turns. To me, until maybe day 3 or 4 he's effectively going to act as a town player. So I'm not going to kill him because I have some insight into the way that he'll act. That's useful to me.

We have no idea if Lmac is scum or town. Literally none. As long as he's alive we have no information beyond what he says which is functionally useless until we can confirm his alignment. I think he's scum. Part of that is because of how hard he pushed Inf, and I'm not afraid to admit it, part of that is because he rubbed me the wrong way D1 and I was out for revenge.

The most important thing to note is that we are operating from different basic assumptions. I think that 3P favours town early in the game and I was dead set against the Inf lynch as a result.

So I shot the man I thought might be scum. And I'll die for it. So be it. I'm sad I won't get to release my Beastmaster pet tonight, but meh, swings and roundabouts.

3P favors 3P. They don't give a poo poo about town and you can't assume to know how they play. You say it's "useful to me" but that wording is telling. Knowing how they will act can help you achieve your wincon. What IS your wincon? You berserkered me because I pushed a lynch that lots of other people were pushing. Hell, Slasher Hawke literally called you an idiot for half the day. Your revenge claims are hollow.

You're scum.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Max posted:

OK but the vig is just being thrown around. If you have to vig, throw it at someone like Tpink.

Hey gently caress you buddy. As I said before, I am perfectly happy winning this game together with town and I don't think anything I've done or said to date indicates otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

tpink posted:

Hey gently caress you buddy. As I said before, I am perfectly happy winning this game together with town and I don't think anything I've done or said to date indicates otherwise.

you are known 3p, and therefore anti-town by default.

• Locked thread