Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mr. F! posted:

Haven't played with max in a while, but I guess this is how he plays now?

Max is just trying to suck up to me by emulating me :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh i hadn't read this post yet

Sandwolf posted:

I'm not voting you because I think you're leading Podima around by the nose. I'm voting you because you've hosed around at deadline twice, causing fluctuations in a plurality-lynch game at the very last moment, even prodding others into moving their votes. The challenge yesterday was extremely lackadaisical and only makes sense for scum to do, I think. Yes, every other challenge was shot from the hip, but the crucial difference there is none of them were in a LYLO-situation. I can only rationalize scum safely doing that, knowing exactly who is town and who is scum. Even your vote on RF was bad, for the second time that day you just drop a "yolo" and then a major game deciding move (if you're town, you'd think so, at least).

It just seems very internally consistent for someone who knows exactly who the town and who the scum are.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

BECAUSE IT HAS loving NOTHING TO DO WITH PODIMA. loving OH MY GOD.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Pinterest Mom posted:

loving THANK YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like I said, make a good argument and I'll respond nicely. Make bad arguments or clearly refuse to engage and I dunno I'm certainly not going to let a shorty argument about me passively go by.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

That is definitely the best Sandwolf post and the bit that has me not entirely sold on him

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

BECAUSE IT HAS loving NOTHING TO DO WITH PODIMA. loving OH MY GOD.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS?

So the crux of your argument is instead wifom because I issued a challenge that I felt good about?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Because you dismissed my reasoning out of hand as wifom.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

that post makes no sense

max, as scum, challenged and pushed for scum RF, because ?????

like, if max just sits back, there's a shot that you get a challenge that's 2/3 or 3/4 townies instead of (in the max/rf scum scenario) only 2/4.

Like, scum was never going to have as great an advantage on town as they did at that point. Max is smart enough to press the advantage and go for the win.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

that post makes no sense

like, if max just sits back, there's a shot that you get a challenge that's 2/3 or 3/4 townies instead of (in the max/rf scum scenario) only 2/4.

Like, scum was never going to have as great an advantage on town as they did at that point. Max is smart enough to press the advantage and go for the win.

Bingo.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Pinterest Mom posted:

that post makes no sense

Doesn't matter had sex

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

More seriously, I Yolo'd that challenge because I and pod felt good about the mags/rf group having at least one scum in there, and like I said, I had a vague itch in the back of my mind that pod may also be scum (I don't feel that way anymore after rf flipped)

I really don't see RF's flip making Pod more towny. I think it makes him more scummy.

Do you agree with or see why I think Pod usually pushed RF as a second-choice priority?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I see why, yes.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

I see why, yes.

So why do you think Pod comes out of that flip looking better

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

that post makes no sense

I forgot that it was Max that challenged for some reason when I read that, I thought it was Pod. That does sort of invalidate a lot of the rest of that post. Hmmm

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Read back the day . . . 3 vote in our chats if you want, but he was actively pointing out rf to me which I wasn't really seeing at the time while jumping around like a drunken rear end in a top hat. It certainly puts him way lower on the totem pole than sandwolf at the moment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

I forgot that it was Max that challenged for some reason when I read that, I thought it was Pod. That does sort of invalidate a lot of the rest of that post. Hmmm

Yeah pod made the challenge today, I did the day 4 challenge.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I really haven't been happy with Sandwolf since this pair of posts on day one.

In the first post, he accuses me of pedaling and frames it in the form of a when-did-you-stop-beating-your-wife, and then actually jumps down my throat in the second one because I called out his insincerity. I really think this is a player looking to frame a narrative~

Sandwolf posted:

Wow, 100 posts since last night and somehow, no one has managed to say new.

PMom is there a reason you're pedaling so hard the wheels are coming off? I've played with you before, and while I can remember this behavior, you're really relentless this game. So relentless, in fact, you're losing credibility to me. I still think you're town, but man, you're just shouting and insulting and stomping all over the place. It's ineffective casing and it just seems like you're trying to win this thing like a cowboy.

Sandwolf posted:

I'm not looking for an answer, that was NOT a genuine question looking for clarity. I was trying to bring some reflection on, because it feels like you keep doubling down on anger, to the point where you just accused me of faux-concern. I've stated your towniness privately and in thread, and I wish you'd stop being so boisterous.

Is that better?

##vote sandwolf

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's how I've felt. He wants me lunched and it looks like he's come to that conclusion and is looking for evidence that fits that narrative.

I get being paranoid about me yolo'ing the challenge day 4 but he clearly isn't weighing both options there, just going straight to "Must be scum"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

This is such a bad lynch, so apathetic. Where is Max' towniness coming from? Him sounding sincere all game? What cases has he made? Which scum has he railed against? What has he done for so many people to think he's CLEARLY town?

I don't think it's particularly apathetic, people are talking plenty.

I don't think anyone is saying CLEARLY town. But yes, he has mostly sounded sincere (if condescending, but that is just Max). It's weird to say he hasn't made cases, he's done that for sure. I guess some of that gets lost in his volume of posting but it's there. I think it's strange you are so convinced he's scum you won't even look at the other people.

Sandwolf posted:

FURTHERMORE, why is everyone trying so hard to push Max out of the spotlight and Podima into it? I feel like I've been reading a different game than everyone.

Again you feel like you are misrepresenting what is happening. Max is a vote leader and a constant topic. How is anyone trying to push him out of the light by saying "hey wait there are other people to look at too" and questioning the motives of the people who aren't looking around.

Your emotion lately makes me pause, but you are good enough to fake that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That compliment from Hal was enough for me, y'all can lynch me. I'll be thankful to be rid of this loving game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I had originally voted at the end of that post but I previewed Pmoms post and didn't want to hammer yet, but that's where my vote is almost certainly going.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

That compliment from Hal was enough for me, y'all can lynch me. I'll be thankful to be rid of this loving game.

Awwwww ##vote Sandwolf

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Unless someone unvotes him and then votes me at this point it's sandwolf no matter what.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:redhammer:

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Welp

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Votecount for Day 5

Sandwolf (5): Podima, Max, Bifauxnen, Pinterest Mom, Hal Incandenza
Max (3): Sandwolf, Mr. F!, Jamuraan

Not Voting (0):

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ascending yet another flight of stairs, you emerge into a room awash with sunlight. A long cylindrical tube stands on a balcony at the room’s other end, suggesting that this room may have been an Observatory of some kind.

Once again there is no apparent exit, and once again your group’s caution for traps proves unnecessary, at least for as long as it takes you all to cross the room and reach the object, which more obviously appears to be a telescope.

“Ooh! Let me look inside the telescope!” cries Sandwolf, flush with energy and the lingering adrenaline from surviving near-certain doom just one floor earlier. He runs to the eyepiece and peers inside, only to lift his head up with distaste. “The lens is so blurry, you can’t see anything.”

“Could just be out of focus,” says Max. “See how there are ridged edges on the telescope? I’ll bet if you rotate them, the edges line up and allow the telescope to be used.”

Jamuraan leers at Max. “How do you all of a sudden know all about this telescope’s mechanics? It’s as if you’ve seen the device before…”

Podima shrugs. “Someone’s clearly never explored an ancient tomb before. Devices like these were all the rage three thousand years ago.”

“Whatever,” says Sandwolf, already impatient to move on. “Just adjust the lenses and I’ll let you know when it clears up.” He kneels over to the eyepiece and looks expectantly at the others.

Max, Podima and Jamuraan rush over to the telescope and slowly begin to rotate the various dials and settings. “Yes, yes…” Sandwolf says in encouragement, or sometimes, “No, you went too far.” They look to him for feedback, and eventually they hear him gasp. “YES! It looks so clear now! So… so… bright…”

A twitching ripple passes through Sandwolf’s body, but he continues to gaze into the telescope. “Are you okay?” someone asks Sandwolf, but he does not reply, clearly transfixed by whatever he is looking at. Or so you believe, up until you see the back of his head split open and emit a bright beam of light. Smoke and the scent of charred meat fills the room, mitigated only slightly by the open balcony.

All of you are too busy to stare at Sandwolf’s fried skull to notice the beam of light strike on a pressure pad against the far wall, opening another stairway up.

Sandwolf, town adventurer, had his brain scorched out by a focused beam of light in the Observatory.

Once again a feeling of helplessness settles over your group. But there is no time for mourning. There may not be much time for anything at all now.

It is now Day 6. With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to execute.

It is once again :siren: EXECUTE OR LOSE!!! :siren: If an all-town challenge occurs today, the game will instantly end in a Temple Guard victory!!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

You guys are so bad

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max and Pod, while I think your team should probably be involved in this challenge, can you hold your horses on declaring it today?

Since you're the only team of two left, if one of you is scum and calls dibs, they're probably not gonna challenge another scum unless we force a consensus first.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mr. F! posted:

You guys are so bad

Provide an actual argument next time if you were so certain.

And yes I won't jump in head first again with a challenge.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Yeah cause your "argument" on sandwolf was so strong

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I thought it was a perfectly fine argument.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Max posted:

I thought it was a perfectly fine argument.

And yet you were completely wrong

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ok.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You were clearly 100% sure that sandwolf was town but didn't provide any real effort to prove that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

You were clearly 100% sure that sandwolf was town but didn't provide any real effort to prove that.

Yeah Magnus what's up with you this game. You are more difficult than usual

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

It was real obvious he was town. Like real obvious

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I lost enthusiasm with the last game day when max and pod rushed their votes out to protect themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I really don't enjoy Max's incredibly condescending posts and he responds to every god drat post. It's incredibly annoying

• Locked thread