Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Reverand maynard posted:

the layout of the north sucks for defense post fozzie aids because its stretched out on the map while nearly all of delve is in cyno range of a central system. In deklein theta ran a defense fleet for one half of deklein and karmafleet ran one for the other but KF didn't have the numbers theta did and were newer so they ended up in a feeding frenzy when they went up against legit fleets coming out of WHs.

Then the current residents won't stand a chance :getin:

Catberry fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

I have all my assets and am no longer blue to sma, fcon or any dumb serbs :clint:

Yeah anyone who was active at the time that lost personal assets was a retard. The only poo poo I left in the north was stuff I didn't care enough about to evac (literally ratting trash scooped up when I was a newbie).

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

working mom posted:

RMT and get started in a new hobby with the proceeds?

Already have more hobbies than time. Someone did suggest home brewing which I am looking into. Now for a new eve home because I hate life and enjoy the pain of playing.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Lansoc posted:

Already have more hobbies than time. Someone did suggest home brewing which I am looking into. Now for a new eve home because I hate life and enjoy the pain of playing.

Try beekeeping.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3091681

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

Well that's my story.

Against the hoa unfortunately. My wife's dad does it has his place though.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Lansoc posted:

Waffles is fun fwiw

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

I can't wait till I have a house so I can start a hive, doubles with mead making too!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

lucifirius posted:

SMA is dead, and good riddance. Was fun while I was with them, but glad to be away from all that.

They should have died in 2013 but we had just :commissar:'d that lovely aussie alliance so... :shrug:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Viva Miriya posted:

fukd 2 deth by fukbot5000

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duWj5BLb-u8

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Beekeeping and homebrewing have great synergy. Mead is loving great but it takes SO LONG to make.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Blasphemaster posted:

Beekeeping and homebrewing have great synergy. Mead is loving great but it takes SO LONG to make.

So worth it though

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
So me and two of my friends decided to venture into WH today, specifically Thera. I had no idea that Thera was a special kind of WH space so I was shocked when we got there and found out how loving huge it is and the fact that there were stations. I got a bit too excited and warped to one and thus fleet warping my friend who was trying to bookmark the exit. Then we got stuck in the station since a guy was camping outside, I went out first to check and died. So now my buddies who have barely played EVE were stuck in WH space with no exit and no probing gear. So an epic rescue mission began, I got back in and warped the gang to me so we could bookmark it, a dude was there and nearly killed one of my friends, only taking out his shield. After that we ran a data site and made a cool 5 mil isk. :10bux: Then we hightailed out of there and back into High sec. All in all I am a terrible FC and I shouldn't be allowed to play EVE. :v: At least it was fun.

Also, how do you tell different WHs apart anyways? C1 through C6 that is, any way to see what they are before you enter?

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
The flavor text for the wormhole gives you some indication - https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Wormholes#System_Type

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

:allears:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Less Fat Luke posted:

The flavor text for the wormhole gives you some indication - https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Wormholes#System_Type

"hmmmm, this wormhole has poo flavour..."

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Torabi posted:

Also, how do you tell different WHs apart anyways? C1 through C6 that is, any way to see what they are before you enter?

• C1 and C2s are harder to differentiate between the two, but a C1 will always be "medium ships" (battlecruisers and down) on inspection (provided you're not coming from a C1). In general, they're all white with some black spots if you zoom in on the hole.
  • C3s are white and pink, and still say "leads to unknown space"
  • C4s are white and pink, but now say "leads to dangerous unknown space"
  • C5s are red, with tiny amounts of white, and also say "leads to dangerous unknown"
  • C6s are the only "deadly unknown".

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

you can also tell C4 and C5 K162s apart by the ship size

C4: "dangerous unknown" and "larger ships"
C5: "dangerous unknown" and "very large ships"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

you can also tell C4 and C5 K162s apart by the ship size

C4: "dangerous unknown" and "larger ships"
C5: "dangerous unknown" and "very large ships"

Not always, if you're on a C4 or lower side of a C5/C6, you're still getting large ships.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

iospace posted:

Not always, if you're on a C4 or lower side of a C5/C6, you're still getting large ships.

Yeah, good point. It'll max out at the max size allowed into that particular hole.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Thanks for the info. Me and my friends want to mess around in WH as much as possible. The only problem is that at least one of us has to be dedicated to scanning and the hacking, which would be me since I have the most SP in those areas. I'm not really comfortable with taking my astero just yet so I'm stuck with a heron. Are there any good fits out there for small gang pvp? I've found https://o.smium.org/ but all the fits I find seem really outdated with modules missing from the game and whatnot.

According to various guides relic sites are the ones with the big bux so I could forgo having a data analyzer and put in something to make me more durable perhaps?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Torabi posted:

Thanks for the info. Me and my friends want to mess around in WH as much as possible. The only problem is that at least one of us has to be dedicated to scanning and the hacking, which would be me since I have the most SP in those areas. I'm not really comfortable with taking my astero just yet so I'm stuck with a heron. Are there any good fits out there for small gang pvp? I've found https://o.smium.org/ but all the fits I find seem really outdated with modules missing from the game and whatnot.

According to various guides relic sites are the ones with the big bux so I could forgo having a data analyzer and put in something to make me more durable perhaps?

Yeah, aside from Astero small ancillary armor rep fits, you can't really be a good prober/hacker and fight at the same time. However, if you're careful and watch dscan/local (as appropriate) you won't run into too much trouble.

If you're looking for fitting simulators, look up Pyfa. It's a client-side program, but it's good at simulating fits and you can have it read your characters' skills to make it more accurate.

Your instincts are correct -- data sites are generally not that great. They're more a lottery ticket item -- occasionally they'll pay out an obscure "storyline" BPC material, or a good blueprint, but most of the time you get crap. Relic sites have a much more reliable payout.

One thing you can do to help is fit a cargo scanner to your ship, then cargo scan the cans in sites before you hack them. This will tell you what the prize will be before you hack, so you can skip cans that have, like, 3 Carbon in them. This practice, while quite effective at optimizing your income and time, is rude as gently caress, because the site won't despawn until all the cans have been hacked. You can intentionally fail the hack twice (by closing the hack minigame window) to explode the can. I don't recommend leaving sites alive with lovely cans if you (e.g.) belong to a corporation and you're doing sites in your corp's space. Anywhere else, who gives a gently caress.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Yeah, aside from Astero small ancillary armor rep fits, you can't really be a good prober/hacker and fight at the same time. However, if you're careful and watch dscan/local (as appropriate) you won't run into too much trouble.

If you're looking for fitting simulators, look up Pyfa. It's a client-side program, but it's good at simulating fits and you can have it read your characters' skills to make it more accurate.

Your instincts are correct -- data sites are generally not that great. They're more a lottery ticket item -- occasionally they'll pay out an obscure "storyline" BPC material, or a good blueprint, but most of the time you get crap. Relic sites have a much more reliable payout.

One thing you can do to help is fit a cargo scanner to your ship, then cargo scan the cans in sites before you hack them. This will tell you what the prize will be before you hack, so you can skip cans that have, like, 3 Carbon in them. This practice, while quite effective at optimizing your income and time, is rude as gently caress, because the site won't despawn until all the cans have been hacked. You can intentionally fail the hack twice (by closing the hack minigame window) to explode the can. I don't recommend leaving sites alive with lovely cans if you (e.g.) belong to a corporation and you're doing sites in your corp's space. Anywhere else, who gives a gently caress.

Cargo scanners are already something I use actually. So good that I am not totally lost.
Is Pyfa more popular then EFT now? Been a while since I last played EVE so I had never even heard of Pyfa until now and we are doing poo poo in WH so I'll just leave a mess. :v:

The ultimate goal would be for us to do more than just having my friends watch my back while I fail at hacking and eventually get into small gang pvp but for now just loving around in WHs is pretty exciting.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
EFT is out of date and doesn't get updated anymore, and the UI is poo poo. Pyfa is much better and gets regular updates. It's great, use it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Torabi posted:

Cargo scanners are already something I use actually. So good that I am not totally lost.
Is Pyfa more popular then EFT now? Been a while since I last played EVE so I had never even heard of Pyfa until now and we are doing poo poo in WH so I'll just leave a mess. :v:

The ultimate goal would be for us to do more than just having my friends watch my back while I fail at hacking and eventually get into small gang pvp but for now just loving around in WHs is pretty exciting.

Oh, cool. Yeah, Pyfa has definitely supplanted EFT as the fitting simulator IMO. EFT has spotty updates and is hosted on some obscure eastern european download site that probably serves viruses to anyone who actually has ads enabled, while pyfa is actively developed and updated, and pyfa executables are hosted on github.

WHs are the way to go for finding sites, too. Stick to low-class (C1, C2, C3,) do the k-space sites that spawn inside, and be on the lookout for holes to interesting bits of nullsec, where you can steal sites from sov havers. Avoid the drone regions, though, their data/relic sites are absolute trash.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Querns I thought you hated wormholes and wanted them to disappear, how do you know so much about something you hate?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

orange juche posted:

Querns I thought you hated wormholes and wanted them to disappear, how do you know so much about something you hate?

How the heck would I be able to get them deleted from this gay earth if I couldn't talk about them competently? :thunk:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
It seems that querns knows quite a bit about the game, which gives him credibility when he posts.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

How the heck would I be able to get them deleted from this gay earth if I couldn't talk about them competently? :thunk:

The Dumbing-Kruger effect is where someone knows about the Dunning-Kruger effect and thinks that because they know about it they can't be affected by it.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

shut the gently caress up

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Viva Miriya posted:

shut the gently caress up

nah

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

Well that's my story.
Post in the recruitment in game "183mil sp looking for sov null pvp established corp. us tx active 0:00-4:00" gets a ton of poo poo chat requests from everything but what I'm asking for.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
See that just means you get to steal from muppets

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Lansoc posted:

Post in the recruitment in game "183mil sp looking for sov null pvp established corp. us tx active 0:00-4:00" gets a ton of poo poo chat requests from everything but what I'm asking for.

rmt out

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

no one cares about your SP total, especially now that injectors exist

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

Well that's my story.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

no one cares about your SP total, especially now that injectors exist

i keep forgetting about those things

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
Could someone put me in touch with a recruitment director? Need some PMs to talk about something.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

The kings of wormhole space return with 19 mil isk. :cool: Also, nobody died! My friend who had his shields taken out last time almost died at the hands of a gas site sentry tower when we decided to take a peek but beyond that we were fine, didn't even run into any players.
Are the sentries placed by players or are they just npcs?

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

Well that's my story.

Uncle w Benefits posted:

Could someone put me in touch with a recruitment director? Need some PMs to talk about something.

If your'e talking about goonswarm your'e in the wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
I really don't know who I need to talk to about this monolithic blacklist I appear to be on.

• Locked thread