Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Well that's OK, we're now at the point where knowing someone is Town tells us where the scum is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It's me, I am the town

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hal Incandenza - Vanilla Town - was sliced 'n' diced on night 4!

His role PM looked like this

"You are "this game"

Town aligned Vanilla.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated."

It is day 5!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (5): Flying Leatherman, Jedit, PMush Perfect, Tired Moritz, Yorkshire Tea

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 20th, 2017 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 13 hours.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I feel sick.

YT, I take it that you had a night result?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I should add, not that I should need to add, that nobody should vote for YT until we've heard what he has to say. This is pretty much guaranteed LYLO and anything he can say, even a lie, is better than nothing.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I did not expect both Hal and CL to be town and now I'm kind of adrift.

Jedit posted:

I should add, not that I should need to add, that nobody should vote for YT until we've heard what he has to say. This is pretty much guaranteed LYLO and anything he can say, even a lie, is better than nothing.

The obvious question, of course, is why isn't he dead.

The only result that he couldn't guaranteed claim was mine, right? Like, Somber and RN had already flipped/claimed by that point?

(For the record, I'm VT and his claimed result on me would have been accurate - I suppose this is obvious since I didn't counterclaim earlier, but might as well throw it out there at this point).

Agreed on not voting yet, though, for sure

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Jedit posted:

I feel sick.

YT, I take it that you had a night result?

Yes, same as me.

I don't know why I'm alive.

I tracked Hal last night and he went nowhere.

Uhhh.

I've got nothing honestly. There's no way to explain why I lived.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

You lived because I'm a backup Doctor.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Jedit posted:

That would do it.

Thank you!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Holy poo poo. Nice save, Jedit.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

Nice!

I seriously doubt that Jedit and YT are somehow a poisoner/goon scumteam with independent nightkills playing the ballsiest fakeclaim game ever, so - an observation - we're narrowed down to TM and Pmush by night actions.

I would be remiss (and a bit deceitful) if I didn't mention Hal's alternate hypothesis:

Hal Incandenza posted:

FL could be a ninja SK or some such thing so be careful there
but I feel like - and yeah, this is a bit of setup spec - the nature of the power roles in this game lends itself more to "buncha people not moving / those who do move have plausible deniability via delayed nightkills" than "untrackable player".

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Huh, so we're stuck in MYLO.

We really need to get whoever is slicing and dicing tonight or we lose.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
sorry, you know what? I don't believe YT/Jedit's claim. It's mighty convenient and JUST HAPPENS TO "clear" TWO PEOPLE in MYLO?

Had YT had any results that clear'd or gave us any useful information for town? All they had been doing is tooting their horn claiming that everyone that got lynched is obvious town. Easy to say when you're scum

##vote YT

I will never fall for any fake claims ever again.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

Had YT had any results that clear'd or gave us any useful information for town? All they had been doing is tooting their horn claiming that everyone that got lynched is obvious town. Easy to say when you're scum

I'm still alive, and am in fact VT. I didn't claim that before YT came forward with his claim. What's your alternate hypothesis?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

sorry, you know what? I don't believe YT/Jedit's claim. It's mighty convenient and JUST HAPPENS TO "clear" TWO PEOPLE in MYLO?

##vote YT

I will never fall for any fake claims ever again.

Funny how every time it gets narrowed down to two people, one of whom is you, you go off on the accuser instead of taking the logical path of finding reasons for it to be the person who isn't you.

Here's a thing. Someone got poisoned every night, and the Doc is dead. If I'm lying, why did nobody die of poison last night?

Here's another thing. There's an SK/NK and a Poisoner out there that we know for certain, and the SK/NK hit. Either the Poisoner is not scum and withheld for no reason, or the Poisoner is scum and withheld when not withholding would have won him the game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Let's carry on, shall we.

I am at this stage certain that there is no scum team. If there is, then the game sits at Poisoner, two scum - probably including a ninja - me as Backup Doc and one VT. I think this is Town vs 3P as TM suggested here:

Tired Moritz posted:

you know, with pera confirmed as A BIG FAT LIAR, we have no proof that there's a scum team at all.

this could really be a town vs 3p game.

I wished Somber told us who they doc'd earlier, that would had been a nice lead.

So we have this post:

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I goddamn knew it.

Which obviously refers to tracking Hal to nowhere. Now, I am not at this stage assuming that YT is telling the truth about being Tracker, but one thing I do know for a fact is that he's not the Poisoner because my NAPM told me I had prevented an attack on him. The SK struck elsewhere, therefore he was poisoned as he claims. I also know (because my claim is true) that this means YT made that post to no gain. Because he didn't know I was able to save him, he would have been faking a result which he would never have been able to supply anyway. If he's the SK then there's zero profit to that because he'd already lost, if he's not then there's also no profit because the SK was never going to target a poison victim. From my perspective, therefore, YT has to be taken at face value.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Jedit posted:

Funny how every time it gets narrowed down to two people, one of whom is you, you go off on the accuser instead of taking the logical path of finding reasons for it to be the person who isn't you.

Here's a thing. Someone got poisoned every night, and the Doc is dead. If I'm lying, why did nobody die of poison last night?

Here's another thing. There's an SK/NK and a Poisoner out there that we know for certain, and the SK/NK hit. Either the Poisoner is not scum and withheld for no reason, or the Poisoner is scum and withheld when not withholding would have won him the game.

there's no proof that YT even was poisoned. You might be saying the truth that you're backup doc but it's not like you got proof that you had effectively cured something that actually existed.

You're saying that you got a pm saying you prevented a kill? then you're scum too.

Flying Leatherman posted:

I'm still alive, and am in fact VT. I didn't claim that before YT came forward with his claim. What's your alternate hypothesis?

let's be honest, we had everyone flipping vt. it's not outrageous to claim that someone didnt visit anyone.

I think we're obviously dealing with a scum tracker/poisoner or a scum goon/poisoner. MYLO and there's suddenly a backup doc that just happens to "clear" one of the players. No thanks, it's such an obvious gambit.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

there's no proof that YT even was poisoned.

There's proof that nobody else was, because they would be dead.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
then there's no reason for me to believe that YT is poisoned and thus, not scum.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

then there's no reason for me to believe that YT is poisoned and thus, not scum.

This confuses me - how do you figure that? We know there's a poisoner in the game. Is the assertion here that you think they withheld?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

This confuses me - how do you figure that? We know there's a poisoner in the game. Is the assertion here that you think they withheld?

Not only that they withheld, but that they withheld to set up a deception when not withholding won them the game outright. That said, looking at it it's not possible for Town to win this game anyway now unless we lynch the SK today, or no lynch and the SK kills the Poisoner tonight.

One amusing possibility is that there is a triangle of reciprocal protection: the Arsonist was one-shot poison-proof, the SK is one-shot fireproof and the Poisoner is one-shot BP. If that's the case, then the SK knows who the Poisoner must be if his N2 target has flipped.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

It doesn't make sense.

Imagine right now that I'm scum, jedit is town and TM is town.

If true, on D4, I claimed to have been poisoned, knowing that I hadn't been poisoned.

Since there was no poison kill today, that means that the poisoner on N3 just took a day off for no good reason. Which doesn't seem plausible.

That or I'm the poisoner myself and took a night off on N3 myself.

Just imagine that play. I'm claiming town tracker and gambling on you not having gone anywhere. Additionally, I'm then not taking a free NK on N3, which makes my claim even less plausible.

Like on what loving planet do you do that?

So the only option TM has now is that Jedit is scum and I'm scum and we're a scum tracker/poisoner combo and there's an SK in the game as well.

In which case, Jedit and I took the night off killing people on N3 when had we done that we would be at 4 people left and have the game stitched up right now.

TM and Pmush are probably not town.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

oh trust me I completely agree with you guys

I just wanted to see where TM was going with it

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So the only option TM has now is that Jedit is scum and I'm scum and we're a scum tracker/poisoner combo and there's an SK in the game as well.

No, there's another option: that I'm telling the truth and you're the SK who genuinely was poisoned. It only took a gamble on saying FL went nowhere, which you did after the Doc flipped. Yours are the only options that involve me being scum, but that's going to be moot after tonight.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Jedit posted:

No, there's another option: that I'm telling the truth and you're the SK who genuinely was poisoned. It only took a gamble on saying FL went nowhere, which you did after the Doc flipped. Yours are the only options that involve me being scum, but that's going to be moot after tonight.

You're right, that's also a thing that could have happened.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jedit posted:

I hadn't considered that. Makes a lot of sense to me. I think we've got them just on process of elimination.

##vote TM

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

I dont think so, though. YT'd also have to gamble on there being a backup protection mechanic, else what's the plan for surviving past last night?

I think it's more likely that both you and YT aren't lying.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I dont think so, though. YT'd also have to gamble on there being a backup protection mechanic, else what's the plan for surviving past last night?

I think it's more likely that both you and YT aren't lying.

Exactly, I already said that.

I'm close to certain on that basis that TM is a bad guy. Problem is, I think he's Poisoner.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

Exactly, I already said that.

For sure. I just wanted to register my feeling that that scenario was super unlikely, that's all.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Goddamn it, why do I keep playing games where people just keep accepting the most obvious gambits?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Goddamn it, why do I keep playing games where people just keep accepting the most obvious gambits?
Elucidate us.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
1. YT is obvious scum, giving out useless information, constantly going "ohh im so right about everyone being town" all game, and whilst giving bare minimum support.

2. Just happens to be the only one who survived a "poisoning" by an explicit poisoning but oh poo poo, a sudden backup doc

3. Jedit was mainly agreeing with CL going "ohhh tm and hal has to be scum" and then suddenly flipped opinions, pushing cl and getting him killed. Probably was setting me up so that he could chainlynch me because he knows that I dont have any authority in this game and its easier to get me lynched.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So, the scum team has two kills?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Obviously

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I'm going to ask you once again: if YT was not poisoned last night, who was?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Nobody

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

So what you're saying is that scum, faced with the choice of winning the game on the spot or dragging it out to trick you, went for the latter.

gently caress off.

##vote Tired Moritz

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
##vote tired moritz

Kill YT, scum. Doc cant releat target or self doc. Good night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I think the day will end before I wake up, which means I will end, so should the game not end as well I think PMush is the other bad guy.

• Locked thread