Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Pretty sure that's what I used but for iOS. However mine could not transfer from the camera to the phone via the app. You had to "send" the images you wanted from the cameras interface. Did they have separate apps for the GX85 and G85?
Did you try "browse camera" in the iOS app? That's basically "let me pick what images to pull off the camera's memory card". It's not super intuitive at the outset but works like a charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Kenny Logins posted:

Did you try "browse camera" in the iOS app? That's basically "let me pick what images to pull off the camera's memory card". It's not super intuitive at the outset but works like a charm.

Yup tried that and the option to save to the phone was not allowed. Permissions were good for access to photos but it simply wouldn't allow it. I was always confused because that's how is expect it to work and totally forget I had to send from the camera. Ended up just buying a USB to lightning cable.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
Using a little usb3 card reader and dumping the contents of the SD card on to my Pixel, which then uploads them fullres (incl 4k) to Google Photos/Drive, which then gets auto synced/downloaded on to my Desktop - is working perfectly for me. Transfer is super quick even for a few GB.

WiFi has always been too slow for anything more than a couple images at a time. And trimming down to a few keepers on the camera screen has never been fun for me.

Also means I can fling a handful of photos over to my wife or mum when taking photos of the baby, without ever going near the computer.

I'm enjoying it so much I do an awful lot of editing in snapseed even, and getting results way beyond what you should for such little time and effort. Haven't launched lightroom for months.

Not going to win any awards, but the fun is there again.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

mAlfunkti0n posted:

As I expected the OOC JPEGs from the X-T20 are awesome. I've got several shots of a band playing Friday night and it's interesting how poorly Lightroom renders things vs Capture One .. even the Iridient X-Transformer disabling just about everything does the same poor job that Lightroom does in rendering. This could just be the conditions I was shooting in .. neon lights and such reflecting on the skin but Capture One does the better job of it.

Edit:

CaptureOne (just opened, nothing changed):

Iridient (LR is the same):

Edit: I know the shot is crap with the mic being in his head, this is just for comparison.

I use LR frequently with those types of images and Fuji files, you are doing something wrong. Capture One is better, but mostly regarding sharpening and even then only slightly. You know LR shoehorns an abode profile unto everything right and you can go down to calibration and change it to a Fuji one?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Yup tried that and the option to save to the phone was not allowed. Permissions were good for access to photos but it simply wouldn't allow it. I was always confused because that's how is expect it to work and totally forget I had to send from the camera. Ended up just buying a USB to lightning cable.
Weird. Only other hiccup it could have been is if you were trying to pull RAW only files. iOS can't handle those it seems. But if you were able to push them out from in-camera it wasn't that.

The browse camera function has been quite good for getting JPEGs from the XT20 to the iPhone. I really don't like sending them one by one from in-camera for more than 2 or 3.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

8th-snype posted:

I use LR frequently with those types of images and Fuji files, you are doing something wrong. Capture One is better, but mostly regarding sharpening and even then only slightly. You know LR shoehorns an abode profile unto everything right and you can go down to calibration and change it to a Fuji one?

I applied lens profile adjustments (LR) and that was it after import, literally nothing else done. Is the camera profile in the same area?

Edit: Found it. It corrected it quite a bit.

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 25, 2017

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Both Adorama and B&H have XT1 with 35/2 for 799. Probably clearing out the last batch of stock now.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

whatever7 posted:

Both Adorama and B&H have XT1 with 35/2 for 799. Probably clearing out the last batch of stock now.

The X-T1 is still a fantastic camera, in fact it's what I was going with originally but the item came damaged so I sent it back to the seller (yay that was fun, accused of many things on that one).

rio
Mar 20, 2008

mAlfunkti0n posted:

The X-T1 is still a fantastic camera, in fact it's what I was going with originally but the item came damaged so I sent it back to the seller (yay that was fun, accused of many things on that one).

Was it a private seller or was a store accusing you of poo poo?

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Given the amount of cameras you've gone through I wouldnt be surprised if you accidentally sent the wrong one back!

e: vvv ^^^ is jokes!

MeKeV fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jul 25, 2017

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

rio posted:

Was it a private seller or was a store accusing you of poo poo?

Private seller on eBay.

MeKeV posted:

Given the amount of cameras you've gone through I wouldnt be surprised if you accidentally sent the wrong one back!

Well considering my wife had the only camera (and I currently do did not (now have the X-T20) since my G85 was sold) it would be hard to send the wrong one back.

The seller asked for photos of the condition so I uploaded those. He said they did not match his pictures in the sale, I proved he re-used photos by checking his current for sale items and seeing the same exact photos used for other ads (there was a blemish that was 100% the same on multiple ads). He said no, he doesn't re-use photos even though I provided the proof .. whatever. He finally accepted the return (he would have to anyways) and then threatened me that he would pursue legal action because he knew he would be the wrong camera since he places a "void if removed" sticker on the "BOTTOM" of the camera. Well, the guy seems to forget where he placed his stickers, in this case it was behind the X-T1's LCD .. I sent him photos of this and called him to tell him to check the photos (since he had blocked me).

Long story short the guy is wary of being scammed, totally understandable, but he did a bunch of stupid things that he shouldn't have. My negative feedback (first I've ever given in 17 years) made him super mad .. we spoke on the phone, I assured him he wasn't being scammed and he just seems to have forgotten where his magic sticker was placed. Now I am waiting on the refund since the camera he shipped me is back in his possession.

Yeah I change cameras a lot, so be it but I keep track of my stuff.

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 25, 2017

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

A few weeks ago Leica let me take out a M-P and a 35 1.4. I took it out street shooting a couple days and to a concert, and I really loved shooting with it. There were a couple things I didn't like about the M camera, however, overall I enjoyed using a range finder over a DSLR for both purposes. Unfortunately, I'm not rich enough for afford a Leica, so there is no way I could buy one so I started to think about other options.

I know a lot of people are switching from DSLR to mirrorless, but I think for me, my DSLR still has its place. It's still great for staged shots (portraits with lighting) and shooting things that are far away (using my 70-200 and 2x extender). Street, not so much. With that said I'm thinking about getting an Xpro2. It seems like it's the most Leica like camera but has some better features than the M (like AF and the viewfinder). I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I think I might like it more than the M (though I won't get the Leica look). Anything else I should try? For right now I think I just want to get something with a fast 50 equiv prime and maybe add a longer or wider prime later on. I'm not committed to any system at the moment.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Pretty much we're all Fuji and Micro 4/3 shooters. Some Sony users too.

There's not a great value proposition with Leica compared to those brands, but to each their own.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Haggins posted:

A few weeks ago Leica let me take out a M-P and a 35 1.4. I took it out street shooting a couple days and to a concert, and I really loved shooting with it. There were a couple things I didn't like about the M camera, however, overall I enjoyed using a range finder over a DSLR for both purposes. Unfortunately, I'm not rich enough for afford a Leica, so there is no way I could buy one so I started to think about other options.

I know a lot of people are switching from DSLR to mirrorless, but I think for me, my DSLR still has its place. It's still great for staged shots (portraits with lighting) and shooting things that are far away (using my 70-200 and 2x extender). Street, not so much. With that said I'm thinking about getting an Xpro2. It seems like it's the most Leica like camera but has some better features than the M (like AF and the viewfinder). I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I think I might like it more than the M (though I won't get the Leica look). Anything else I should try? For right now I think I just want to get something with a fast 50 equiv prime and maybe add a longer or wider prime later on. I'm not committed to any system at the moment.

You could try a Panasonic GX8 or GX85 with the Leica Summilux 25mm F1.4 (50mm FF equivalent). There's also Olympus options with the same lens, if you can get past their UI (nicer looking camera bodies though).

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Finger Prince posted:

You could try a Panasonic GX8 or GX85 with the Leica Summilux 25mm F1.4 (50mm FF equivalent). There's also Olympus options with the same lens, if you can get past their UI (nicer looking camera bodies though).

Hmm, that might work too. I'll have to go into a store and play with them both. I'm assuming that and the Pen is lighter than the Xpro2? I'm looking for something that's comfortable on the neck and good at resting on the chest (the M-P was actually a little too heavy). Something that can work well in low light for a concert shot or two would be good. I don't mind a little good looking grain. Mostly just want light and fast for street and occasional shooting at concerts.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Haggins posted:

Hmm, that might work too. I'll have to go into a store and play with them both. I'm assuming that and the Pen is lighter than the Xpro2? I'm looking for something that's comfortable on the neck and good at resting on the chest (the M-P was actually a little too heavy). Something that can work well in low light for a concert shot or two would be good. I don't mind a little good looking grain. Mostly just want light and fast for street and occasional shooting at concerts.

I shoot concerts with the Xpro2, 23mm f/2, 56mm f/1.2, and 90mm f/2. I also use it for weddings and well everything because the Xpro2 is currently the only camera I own.

mes
Apr 28, 2006

Haggins posted:

If you liked shooting with the Leica specifically because of the viewfinder then the only thing that is similar is either the Xpro or the X100 series cameras. I personally owned an M9 for a bit but the novelty wore off quickly and I realized that if I wanted to shoot a digital camera I'd rather get something with AF and better metering. Check out the Xpro or X100 in store, it might scratch the itch. If it doesn't, then Leica products are never going to be the most "bang for your buck", for instance an M9 (an 8 year old camera) still fetches just over $2k.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
An example, shot tonight at Ballard Substation. Xpro2 with the 23mm f/2. Their stage lights are lovely LEDs so it's a little grainy because it's ISO 10,000. This is SOOC

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Mest0r posted:

If you liked shooting with the Leica specifically because of the viewfinder then the only thing that is similar is either the Xpro or the X100 series cameras. I personally owned an M9 for a bit but the novelty wore off quickly and I realized that if I wanted to shoot a digital camera I'd rather get something with AF and better metering. Check out the Xpro or X100 in store, it might scratch the itch. If it doesn't, then Leica products are never going to be the most "bang for your buck", for instance an M9 (an 8 year old camera) still fetches just over $2k.

Yeah I didn't like the metering on the M-P and I don't feel like having auto focus is some kind of crutch. I will say however, it was nice having a solid MF control scheme for getting tricky shots.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Panasonic may have some of the most fun manual focus stuff around. With the Oly 25 1.2 there's a MF clutch as well for even easier swapping.

/e-

fuji folk, I'm trying to push my parents into getting a fuji camera. SLR style, are the xt-20 or xt-1 the best entry atm?

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Panasonic may have some of the most fun manual focus stuff around. With the Oly 25 1.2 there's a MF clutch as well for even easier swapping.

/e-

fuji folk, I'm trying to push my parents into getting a fuji camera. SLR style, are the xt-20 or xt-1 the best entry atm?

Depends on what you/they want really. The X-T1 is a little larger, weather resistant with WR lenses, 16MP sensor and can be picked up on deals right now since its been discontinued. The X-T20 is really only available right now as body only or with the 16-50 kit lens, the XF 18-55 kit (better) is sold out everywhere. I have the X-T20 and if they're okay with a smaller camera it is fantastic.

I found myself wanting a grip originally but I've shot with it enough now to where I am kicking myself for sending the X-T20 that I had months ago back to the store...

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

8th-snype posted:

An example, shot tonight at Ballard Substation. Xpro2 with the 23mm f/2. Their stage lights are lovely LEDs so it's a little grainy because it's ISO 10,000. This is SOOC

Nice! I've been there! You're right, the lighting is bad, about as bad as it gets for a venue. I have only been once as they don't typically book metal shows (no one knows why). I'm mostly at Highline, El Cor/FH, and Studio 7, all equally lovely lighting. Either way, looks good enough for me. I don't mind a little noise if it looks like grain.

I can do concert photography but I wouldn't consider myself a concert photographer (unless a band requests it). I'm mostly there as a person that wants to see the band and hang out with my friends at shows. However, I've been thinking as personal project to start shooting shows again, but focus more on the scene and the people attending than just the band. I always love seeing old photos and videos of the people going to shows from the 60/70/80s. Seems like no one is really capturing that, at least for the metal scene. I want to get a few of the bands but probably only shoot for a song or two.

So that's part of wanting a smaller system. I don't mind my DSLR when I'm being full on photographer, but being a person doing other things, I want something I can just keep around my neck.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Haggins posted:

Yeah I didn't like the metering on the M-P and I don't feel like having auto focus is some kind of crutch. I will say however, it was nice having a solid MF control scheme for getting tricky shots.
In case you didn't know: Olympus has a great solution on their lenses if you suddenly wanna go MF - you just slide the focus ring back, and then you've got manual focus with hard stops and distance. They don't have a proper rangefinder though, but only Leica has that. The Pen F is beautiful though and looks like one.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Xabi posted:

In case you didn't know: Olympus has a great solution on their lenses if you suddenly wanna go MF - you just slide the focus ring back, and then you've got manual focus with hard stops and distance. They don't have a proper rangefinder though, but only Leica has that. The Pen F is beautiful though and looks like one.

And the benefit to m43 is that it's an open format so the Oly works on the Pana body and visa versa. :)

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

/e-

The X-T20 is a tremendous camera. I miss the larger viewfinder from my old X-T1, but otherwise the T20 is a vast improvement in almost every way. It just feels faster and more responsive.

Both are great pieces of kit, and if you only try one you'll never feel what's missing compared to the other.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Important here: have your parents ever used a (D)SLR, or are they coming from point-and-shoot? The reason I ask is that the X-T20 is smallish to hold, if you're used to beefier sized cameras. DSLRs remain, in part, popular with beginners because they are easier to hold onto, especially if you're tripod-averse.

If they have no experience with DSLRs then the X-T20 handling should be easy enough to work with. That's what I've found, at least, but I'm also not allergic to using a tripod either.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

They know how to use film and won't do post so I figured fuji would be the best wrt manual and ooc jpgs.

They've used my gx8 and portability is a selling point. Is that about the size of the xt-1? If not mirrorless I'll point them to a point and shoot. I also think not having an OVF will be beneficial to them.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

They know how to use film and won't do post so I figured fuji would be the best wrt manual and ooc jpgs.

They've used my gx8 and portability is a selling point. Is that about the size of the xt-1? If not mirrorless I'll point them to a point and shoot. I also think not having an OVF will be beneficial to them.

http://camerasize.com/compare/#629,703

You can compare the views .. the GX8 has a more substantial grip than the X-T20 but they are similar sizes. Again I personally don't find the X-T20 grip bad after using it a couple of days.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

The dimensions of the two appear comparable (XT-1 body is 40g lighter, and it's slightly smaller overall) but my impression would be that the GX8 micro 4/3 lenses are smaller and lighter than the ones the X-T1 uses, which is a factor in portability.

Hard to say with the (O)VF. Older folks in general seem fine with composing shots on LCD (c.f. iPads) but the LCD often has to be quite large for that to be the case, due to aging vision. Otherwise, your GX8 appears to have a rangefinder, which some people like, where the X-T1 uses a SLR style. LCDs are similar sized as well but the XT-1 won't swing out like the GX8, it's a tilt instead.

A fixed-focal length (35mm equiv) lensed Fuji X100-series (S or later) with the hybrid rangefinder style OVF/EVF might be the real portable/fun solution for them?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Kenny Logins posted:

Important here: have your parents ever used a (D)SLR, or are they coming from point-and-shoot? The reason I ask is that the X-T20 is smallish to hold, if you're used to beefier sized cameras. DSLRs remain, in part, popular with beginners because they are easier to hold onto, especially if you're tripod-averse.

If they have no experience with DSLRs then the X-T20 handling should be easy enough to work with. That's what I've found, at least, but I'm also not allergic to using a tripod either.
Looking to take the step from iPhone pictures to a real camera and it seems like a mirrorless camera might be the way to go. Is there anything that would make me regret going with something like the X-T20 over a DSLR? I want to start small but would eventually like to build a setup that would allow me to take high quality pictures of a variety of subjects without paying the equivalent of a nice used car.

mes
Apr 28, 2006

cheese posted:

Looking to take the step from iPhone pictures to a real camera and it seems like a mirrorless camera might be the way to go. Is there anything that would make me regret going with something like the X-T20 over a DSLR? I want to start small but would eventually like to build a setup that would allow me to take high quality pictures of a variety of subjects without paying the equivalent of a nice used car.

At this point, I don't really think so. Mirrorless cameras 6 or 7 years ago had electronics viewfinders (EVFs) and AF speed that was garbage compared to the optical viewfinders and AF found on DSLRs. Now, in a lot of ways, mirrorless cameras have caught up in performance. I personally think most people would appreciate a lighter and smaller camera in general as opposed to some of the advantages that DSLRs have (like better battery life or better continuous AF).

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

cheese posted:

I went from iPhone photography to point & shoot that barely allows manual photography to mirrorless. It worked for me because at the end I saw a need for mirrorless (with good AF) that wasn't going to be met by anything less than a P&S at about the same price. So I went for it.

It doesn't hurt that the X-T20 is a very recent body and a good value proposition with a pre-existing lens library that is good quality, not to mention the option of a great kit lens. It also has a hybrid AF which is one of the areas where mirrorless used to fall behind DSLR.

But. For price, particularly compared to Fuji's mirrorless lens system, a DSLR will still be considerably cheaper albeit with trade offs depending on where you enter. If you have a Costco membership I suggest using their generous return policy to test drive a DSLR (not mirrorless as they only carry Canon's terrible offering in that area, last I checked).

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

battery life is abysmal on mirrorless cameras but you can get a couple third party batteries for cheap that'll do the business. you just gotta remember to keep them charged an in your bag always

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

cheese posted:

I've been shooting SLR since like 2000 and DSLR since 2008. If I were just starting out and had to buy something, or god forbid had all my gear stolen, I would probably go mirrorless. With mirrorless, equipment is much lighter and less costly than the DSLR counterparts. They're capable enough to produce quality results in various different conditions and provide files that are good enough for all but the largest prints. Lots of pros, especially the ones that are required to travel a lot, have made the switch to mirrorless. There is little you can't do with the the systems.

A DSLR is going to do things better than mirrorless but at the cost of bulk and weight. For people that need a portable setup (which is most people) that's a huge factor. If you just do studio work, then it's not a big deal.

With that said, camera gear, particularly lenses, hold their value very well. If you buy it and later want to upgrade to a DSLR, you're not going to be out a ton of money. Also, it's not unreasonable to have both systems, something which I'm planning to do.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
The list of things a DSLR does better than a good mirrorless camera is getting shorter by the day. Not to mention the fact that entry level DSLRs are generally garbage with terrible controls. We are at such a point in camera technology the only people who NEED an SLR already know what to buy, nearly everyone else should be buying a mirrorless camera. A short list of mirrorless complaints.

They have worse battery life; batteries for my Fuji cost $8.

The AF isn't as good; I don't shoot sports and my camera's AF is plenty fast enough for weddings which means it';s fast enough for anything.

Crop sensors have more noise and less DOF; every sensor not made by Canon has low enough noise in TYOOL 2017 and if you can't get shallow DO on a crop sensor then you don't know how to use a camera.

EVFs are slow and Laggy; sometimes but the fact they are wysiwyg and let you see in the actual dark better than an optical VF is totally worth that imo.

I won't look as cool as someone with a 5Dmk4 *pushes you off a bridge*

That being said there are some concerns such as few 3rd party lens manufacturers (sigma and tamron pls) and mostly bad flash options (getting better see my post about Godox). I strongly suspect that in the next few years the low end DSLR market will be completely replaced by mirrorless, including mediocre ones from canon and nikon that have huge mirrorboxes still despite not having an actual mirror.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
You should listen to these people and go mirrorless, cheese.

An anecdote: I just returned from holiday and the amount of people walking around with huge DSLRs and even bigger lenses was astonishing. Their lives would have been happier with a rig twice as small. Yours will too.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Xabi posted:

An anecdote: I just returned from holiday and the amount of people walking around with huge DSLRs and even bigger lenses was astonishing. Their lives would have been happier with a rig twice as small. Yours will too.

Another anecdote: I was in the Notre Dame, standing and looking at some bishop's golden rod or whatever. A guy walked past me, did a little stretch of his obviously sore wrist, then heaved his red ringed, grey Canon bazooka up to his face. He then quickly and efficiently snapped a pic of each object in the room while walking sideways like a crab, viewfinder not leaving his eye all the while. Then he left the room. I knew there and then I'll never bring a DSLR on holiday.

I bet flying home with all his gear was a pain in the rear end, no chance of traveling just with hand luggage. Then when he got home he would spend two weeks Lightrooming four memory cards full of Notre Dame, Louvre, the Seine and the Eiffel tower, upload them to Flickr and then never look at them again.

DSLRs - it makes you do life wrong.

Ola fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jul 27, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

8th-snype posted:

The list of things a DSLR does better than a good mirrorless camera is getting shorter by the day.

Xabi posted:

You should listen to these people and go mirrorless, cheese.

As much as I love the tactile aspect of my DSLR, I've literally given myself backache carrying my kit as a tourist and I used to use my entire handcarry airline allowance ("it's a handbag for men") for just a camera stuff.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

8th-snype posted:

I strongly suspect that in the next few years the low end DSLR market will be completely replaced by mirrorless, including mediocre ones from canon and nikon that have huge mirrorboxes still despite not having an actual mirror.

I agree with this. My prediction is that full-frame will be for niche shooters and studio work while everything else from casuals to generalist pros will be served with smaller form-factor bodies and APS-C will become the new full-frame in terms of perceived capability. Nikon and Canon will make big mirrorless bodies because they'll want to keep their lens libraries relevant and flange distance is going to be a problem for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Full 35mm frame will always be better than APS-C the problem is that it used to be crazy better now its just slightly so. Medium format digital is becoming cheaper all the time too, sure a 100mp hassie set up is still out of reach but you can get into a pentax or GFX for less than 10k right now, in 3-5 years that will be 3k used.