Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
This one girl Anelace in the tournament just used Termination Slash: Dawn. I know who's not leaving my SC party as long as I can help it. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

*tugs collar awkwardly*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hey he said as long as he could help it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there's always 3rd.....

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Wait, when does Anelace use Termination Slash?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/889534457228566529

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Erpy posted:

You can raise your speed with Onyx Gems, Fool's Emblems and certain equipment. You can also move all your characters to the back of the grid prior to the fight so most enemy melee units will have to waste a turn getting to you, which gives you some more breathing room. And if the RNG still decides to let the whole enemy party before yours, there's Kevin's Grail Sphere, which should always be his S-break, to give you room to cast buffs.

I was doing all that and I was still getting doubled before Kevin could cast anything, and if I used Grail Sphere it just got popped really fast since there's three regular enemies with AoE moves. There's no autosave back to it now, but I swear nothing was working. Even if I went and got a whole different party I might as well have just gotten Agate for his S-Craft, that's how I beat Cid.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Last Celebration posted:

This one girl Anelace in the tournament just used Termination Slash: Dawn. I know who's not leaving my SC party as long as I can help it. :swoon:

Fun fact for you cold steel fans. Anelace is the granddaughter of Rean's 8 leaves master.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lol Toval is getting creamed by Claire/Sharon

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He gives the worst item and is kinda a hobo

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Don't be crazy fast arts is great and I can't even remember Claire's item it's so useless

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

claire's item is the worst, toval's is the second best, sharon's is the best

but toval isn't a sexy older lady

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, Toval's item is easily the second best and only because doubling up on Deus Gems is way better than doubling up on Cast 2.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
As a character, Toval's the most reliable one by far if for no other reason the fact that he's the only one not associated with shady parties who may have unsavory agendas.

As a party member, his fast casting schtick is nice, but doesn't match up to the cheese that are Claire's and Sharon's crafts...especially since arts don't become tactical nukes until after he's no longer available.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sharon is incredibly strong and cool and good and I am afraid of what is to come.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Erpy posted:

As a party member, his fast casting schtick is nice, but doesn't match up to the cheese that are Claire's and Sharon's crafts...especially since arts don't become tactical nukes until after he's no longer available.

I'd say they start to approach nukes while he's in the party. Between Criminal and an Abyss Shadow, Toval and whoever you give his accessory can really tear enemies apart starting at the end of Act 1.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Terper posted:

Sharon is incredibly strong and cool and good and I am afraid of what is to come.

Whatever comes, I hope it is sexy and appealing to my eyes.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Sharon was the one I relied on the most because AT delaying dudes into oblivion is unbelievably good. Sharon is unbelievably good in general also

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I like how Cassius is a boss but Estelle and Joshua seem absolutely worthless to bring against him.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

use Gaia Shield

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I did, but anyone could do that really. Fun fight though.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I made it to Chapter 7 in my Sky SC re-play (normal difficulty). This time, I was able to get the Quartz together in Chapter 5 to let me cast Silver Thorn. I wanted to see how that would work in the winning-optional fight in Chapter 6. Short answer: :laffo:

I equipped Estelle with all the best caster gear. Her first turn I used Clock up EX on herself. She'd taken a huge beating by the time her second turn came up, so I burned a Tearal Balm. By the time her third turn came up, all the enemies had nicely bunched up around her so I could get them all with Silver Thorn. It confused all of them, and they beat the hell out of each other. A second Silver Thorn finished them off. That was the easiest that fight has ever been.

I'm also up to 514/517 chest messages. No idea if I've missed any or not, but I still have lots of chests left to go.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Erpy posted:

As a character, Toval's the most reliable one by far if for no other reason the fact that he's the only one not associated with shady parties who may have unsavory agendas.

But his mentor and closest confidant is literally a shady Church-sanctioned assassin with possible unsavory agendas. :confused:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Since you can catch any fish at any spot in a NG+ in Cold Steel, is there a way to game what rank of fish you get? Because the only fish I have to catch before Kenneth's final challenge is one of the earlier ones. My current strategy is to burn through my stash of groundbaits in the hopes that I eventually get lucky.

e: Caught the little fucker. Now my question is how early can I trigger the event for the final fish? I want those sweet master quartz.

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 25, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

BearDrivingTruck posted:

e: Caught the little fucker. Now my question is how early can I trigger the event for the final fish? I want those sweet master quartz.

You have to wait until the Final Chapter.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Erpy posted:

You have to wait until the Final Chapter.

drat you, Kenneth.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/889601483410251776

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
New updates on Cold Steel III will be coming out soon. This week's Sara and her past, Sharon and her past, Angie, George, Victor and Divine Knight battles no longer being solo-endeavors.

https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/889750931646156800

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Justin_Brett posted:

I was doing all that and I was still getting doubled before Kevin could cast anything, and if I used Grail Sphere it just got popped really fast since there's three regular enemies with AoE moves. There's no autosave back to it now, but I swear nothing was working. Even if I went and got a whole different party I might as well have just gotten Agate for his S-Craft, that's how I beat Cid.

I feel like you're probably underleveled? I just played through this part of the game and had no trouble at all, either with surviving or with killing them easily. And my party isn't over leveled or set up that well. I will say though that Titanic Roar is absolutely destroying everything in this game for me - I have Kevin and Renne casting it basically every turn and everything dies

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Erpy posted:

New updates on Cold Steel III will be coming out soon. This week's Sara and her past, Sharon and her past, Angie, George, Victor and Divine Knight battles no longer being solo-endeavors.

https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/889750931646156800

I'm sure it's just another co-pilot situation, but I'd love it if they went full on Xenogears with the series. Everyone gets a unique robot, do upgrades, equip them, etc.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Xenosaga 3 making the Gears full-combat was one of the best things about it. The fight against Xenogear was fun as hell.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm making a Cold Steel PC thread in hopes of attracting new blood, anything special you think should be mentioned in the OP

Also post fanart that should be in the OP

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Terper posted:

I'm making a Cold Steel PC thread in hopes of attracting new blood, anything special you think should be mentioned in the OP

the power of superior pc advanced graphical technology

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
The important thing is mentioning that Cold Steel is game 6 of a larger series and Sky FC, SC and 3rd are available on Steam and GOG.

The second most important thing is mentioning that Cold Steel has a sequel that's confirmed but hasn't gotten a release date yet.

Levantine posted:

I'm sure it's just another co-pilot situation, but I'd love it if they went full on Xenogears with the series. Everyone gets a unique robot, do upgrades, equip them, etc.

I wouldn't be so sure.

https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/889792072005419008

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Paperhouse posted:

I feel like you're probably underleveled? I just played through this part of the game and had no trouble at all, either with surviving or with killing them easily. And my party isn't over leveled or set up that well. I will say though that Titanic Roar is absolutely destroying everything in this game for me - I have Kevin and Renne casting it basically every turn and everything dies

I don't think I was, by that point even the densest encounter outside was only giving Kevin a pittance of EXP.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Erpy posted:

The important thing is mentioning that Cold Steel is game 6 of a larger series and Sky FC, SC and 3rd are available on Steam and GOG.

The second most important thing is mentioning that Cold Steel has a sequel that's confirmed but hasn't gotten a release date yet.

I wouldn't be so sure.

https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/889792072005419008

That is very exciting.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Levantine posted:

Given co-pilots were already in CSII, the statement seems odd if they're just doing a different variation on that. Plus if that is an actual Divine Knight Arianrhod has in that screencap, or even merely a hyper-tuned Society produced custom frame, I just don't see Rean winning that battle solo even if she's merely testing him.

Besides, with another nearly two years of time it's not out of the question that a few class members may have acquired some kind of frame, whether new custom prototype or ancient technology. Laura would probably be the most likely due to the Eisenritter family connection, probably followed by Alisa and Jusis due to their specific positions. Assuming it's not a matter of "and then you just acquired some frames for whoever."

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Lord Koth posted:

Given co-pilots were already in CSII, the statement seems odd if they're just doing a different variation on that. Plus if that is an actual Divine Knight Arianrhod has in that screencap, or even merely a hyper-tuned Society produced custom frame, I just don't see Rean winning that battle solo even if she's merely testing him.

Besides, with another nearly two years of time it's not out of the question that a few class members may have acquired some kind of frame, whether new custom prototype or ancient technology. Laura would probably be the most likely due to the Eisenritter family connection, probably followed by Alisa and Jusis due to their specific positions. Assuming it's not a matter of "and then you just acquired some frames for whoever."

I'm sure Alisa can just ferry cool Soldat prototypes to her friends. I don't care how they do it, I'm into it!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Terper posted:

You're welcome to link to my ongoing Cold Steel LP. I'll be switching my no commentary videos to PC as I get them recorded and then continuing the game with the PC version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Some Numbers posted:

You're welcome to link to my ongoing Cold Steel LP. I'll be switching my no commentary videos to PC as I get them recorded and then continuing the game with the PC version.

There is likely to be a clean save posted on the Steam forums a few days after release which might save you a bit of time clearing the game once yourself.

Terper posted:

I can contribute a spoiler-free mini-guide to some of the missables in the first 4 chapters.