Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk if it got changed or it's just the English version, like how all the episodes and movies have English version alternates. The Japanese logo still has the repeat symbol in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Source:

I can't wait for this movie to finally actually come out

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Oh wow, I hadn't actually seen the Japanese version of the poster.

Yeah I don't know what's up with the drat title of the movie then.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Even the title is too deep for us to understand

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
[borat voice]
NOT!
and anti

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Has the preview footage at the end of 3.33 been scrapped like the footage at the end of 2.22? They're announcing that it's in production but I thought they were already deep in production after the last one came out, given that they had preview footage to show.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

SUNKOS posted:

Has the preview footage at the end of 3.33 been scrapped like the footage at the end of 2.22? They're announcing that it's in production but I thought they were already deep in production after the last one came out, given that they had preview footage to show.

Probably the former. I'm not a fan of the floatoscope Eva 02+08 fight

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 :|| Get Out (But) Get In

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Did they ever confirm/talk about whether the teaser at the end of 2.0 (6.0 descending to the core) was a legit teaser for 3.0 that was eventually scrapped for what we got, or was the timeskip always planned?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Pierson posted:

Did they ever confirm/talk about whether the teaser at the end of 2.0 (6.0 descending to the core) was a legit teaser for 3.0 that was eventually scrapped for what we got, or was the timeskip always planned?

I don't think there's anything that says anything definitive either way.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I hope I'm left with more questions than answers. I want to feel that I don't even know WHAT I watched.

At this point if there's complete closure, I'll feel disappointed.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Pierson posted:

2.0 is full of story elements that go nowhere, and translated staff interviews from the 2.0 CRC book seemed to me to be strongly suggesting that during its production they were still blindly stumbling around trying to figure out what story they actually wanted to tell, so I'm going to go ahead and assume that they changed the plans.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Ak Gara posted:

I hope I'm left with more questions than answers. I want to feel that I don't even know WHAT I watched.

At this point if there's complete closure, I'll feel disappointed.

Eva fans are truly impossible to please.

I know what you mean though.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

esselfortium posted:

2.0 is full of story elements that go nowhere, and translated staff interviews from the 2.0 CRC book seemed to me to be strongly suggesting that during its production they were still blindly stumbling around trying to figure out what story they actually wanted to tell, so I'm going to go ahead and assume that they changed the plans.

surely that perfectly split down the middle unit 02/05(whatever) from the 3.0 preview will survive!

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Sakurazuka posted:

Rebuild 4 is gonna have Godzilla in

This would be hilarious if they did it and just called it "Angel #whatever".

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Anno did another lamp drawing.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Evangelion: even Anno doesn't know wtf it's supposed to mean.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm not sure where evnagelion goes from 3.33 and I'm not convinced that Anno cares.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think he cares a lot and that's why it's been what like 9 years?

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
Part of that was he took a break to direct Godzilla.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

redsniper posted:

Part of that was he took a break to direct Godzilla.
Took a break from what? Took a break from not working on Evangelion? :argh:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Anno had another breakdown after 3.0 was finished, then got offered the Shin Godzilla job, and now is back onto 3.0 + 1.0.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
There's a lot more to life than evangelion, but also Evangelion is huge.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

shin godzilla is a good trade off if we never get 4.0 imo

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Anno had another breakdown after 3.0 was finished, then got offered the Shin Godzilla job, and now is back onto 3.0 + 1.0.

We all had a breakdown after 3.0 was finished but nobody offered us to make a Godzilla movie :argh:

Shin Godzilla was great though, so there is that.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I got around to watching Shin Gojira last week and it was good as fuuuuuuck and the very last shot of godzilla's tail being composed of human skeletons was some straight up 3.0 caliber poo poo

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Anno also actually liked making Shin Gojira so now he's willing to look at EVA again and finally finish Rebuild.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Also finally watching Shin Godzilla and holy gently caress the first breath attack.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

HAT FETISH posted:

I got around to watching Shin Gojira last week and it was good as fuuuuuuck and the very last shot of godzilla's tail being composed of human skeletons was some straight up 3.0 caliber poo poo
those were baby godzillas (his next evolved form). not humans.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Relin posted:

those were baby godzillas (his next evolved form). not humans.
Wikipedia's summary of the movie's plot, which I have chosen to take as gospel, contends otherwise

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

a kitten posted:

Also finally watching Shin Godzilla and holy gently caress the first breath attack.

No but for real this scene might be my absolute favorite five minutes of film ever

And yeah, the things on his tail are not human skeletons. They're not Dinosaurs either, but you can see closeups of them online and it's pretty :stare:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Someone on CineD mentioned the theory that they're Godzilla evolving his own group of collaborators to match how it was a group of different people(s) working together that owned him and I really like that reading.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I figured it was the skeletons of nuclear victims

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You can find closeups of the models of the skeleton things online. They're Unit-00's. Obviously not literally unit-00...but i mean:

I can see how it may have been inspired by...

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
gently caress I gotta see this movie!!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I found some subs, but ended up just buying it on amazon because they were straight garbage. The system works i guess.

:retrogames:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The subs I saw were fine also it doesn't come out here until December so lol

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm sure good ones exist, it was just easier from where I was sitting to order. :v:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Raxivace posted:

Someone on CineD mentioned the theory that they're Godzilla evolving his own group of collaborators to match how it was a group of different people(s) working together that owned him and I really like that reading.

I mean, this is pretty much literally the theory the viewpoint characters have in the movie, so

Maybe a bit less of him directly reacting to them, I suppose, but Reproducing, in new forms evolved in response to external stimuli is for sure what that end shot implies based on dialogue earlier on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Sorry if this discussion has been done before but it's hard tracking down in a huge thread like this. I just finished actually reading the Manga and I re-watched the original series a few weeks ago.

We're pretty much convinced that every media deception of Evangelion is just another cycle with the movies being the latest cycles?

Don't know if there's any video game specific ones we need to fit in but it probably goes 'original TV series plus end of Evangelion - Manga - the current movies.

I just hope the movies don't end with doing another cycle unless it's apparent that it's the final cycle and things are fixed for good or something.

Really feels like there's knowledge you only get in the Manga cycle and the TV anime cycle. Kind of weird how in a way, this is a decades long storyline. Think trying to follow game of thrones is bad from the first book being published? Evangelion might be worse.