Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jamuraan posted:

If we are to believe you are Cecil, Town Protector, you are the worst loving townie ever. Your combativeness helps no one.

yes i am the one being combatative here...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Jamuraan posted:

I understand not voting if you're trying to re-read or something, but we literally just ended a day, got LUCKY AS poo poo THAT I PROTECTED MYSELF (because I almost protected IS instead) so we're still at 5 Alive but I SWEAR TO GOD IF we go another 12 hours and no one loving does anything I'm gonna get myself mod killed just so this game ends.

JUST loving POST.

You're preaching to the choir with me re: asking people to post, and I understand the frustration, believe me- but at this point there's some quiet alarm bells going off in my brain about just how fast you're trying to push this BK vote. Almost like you're trying to make sure he doesn't get a chance to reply.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Jamuraan posted:

If we are to believe you are Cecil, Town Protector, you are the worst loving townie ever.

This, though, I have a difficult time arguing against :)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I wasn't being combative.

So, I came into the thread, calmly explained why I missed the deadline and apologized.

Then Jam comes into the thread says it confuses him as if any goon could ever be confused by someone playing video games with friends and losing track of time.

I simply point out that I don't know whats so hard to understand about that and I am the one being combative. Uh huh ok.

also sure just post, I get it but really why are we even waiting? What more is there to say? Everyone is convinced that BK and I are scum yet everyone wants to wait around and talk about what? How scummy we are?

No argument I could possibly make will change anyone's mind so just do what you need to do and let the scum railroad you into victory.

##vote BK

There ya go get it done.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I would be perfectly okay with not hammering immediately if PEOPLE ACTUALLY POSTED TO PLAY THE GAME. But we let a whole day go by without even getting 3/5 votes so that's pretty loving pathetic.
Hence I don't care how long this day lasts just as long as we get a vote out of it.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

CapitalistPig posted:

No argument I could possibly make will change anyone's mind so just do what you need to do and let the scum railroad you into victory.

This is the worst mafia logic ever.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

It's not that there's no argument you could make, it's that you've spent the entire game NOT MAKING ANY ARGUMENTS AT ALL.

Jesus christ CPig I could understand this mentality if someone was just railing you hard and twisting your words and poo poo, but come on, this is pathetic.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

If I die tonight, CPig is cleared.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Jamuraan posted:

I'll give BK until I'm finished playing softball today to show up and post. That's about five hours from now. If he hasn't, I'll hammer. (If flerp feels strongly enough to hammer him now, then so be it).

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Jamuraan posted:

This only works if BK flips scum AND the game doesn't end, right?

If BK is town, we're probably dead though anyway.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jamuraan posted:

It's not that there's no argument you could make, it's that you've spent the entire game NOT MAKING ANY ARGUMENTS AT ALL.

Jesus christ CPig I could understand this mentality if someone was just railing you hard and twisting your words and poo poo, but come on, this is pathetic.

It's like you live in a fantasy world where anyone besides me or bk is ever going to get lynched.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

IllegallySober posted:

This only works if BK flips scum AND the game doesn't end, right?

If this happens my only guess is that flerp is the remaining scum. I believe IS's claim and they have seemed pretty solidly townie and I doubt now that there even is a 3p killer so that pretty much clears jam for me.

It has to be bk by process of elimination and if the day doesn't end then its flerp.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jamuraan posted:

This is really dumb.

If for some reason bk is scum and the day doesn't end then you have basically just told scum to withhold the kill to make me look scummy.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
maybe i want bk to post? i mean if were cool to end the day then ill vote

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hell if it means i have to not read as many cpig posts then ill gladly do it

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig posted:

This is really dumb.

If for some reason bk is scum and the day doesn't end then you have basically just told scum to withhold the kill to make me look scummy.

*game not day

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

flerp posted:

hell if it means i have to not read as many cpig posts then ill gladly do it

I was ready yesterday, I don't think anyone is gonna drop any bombs or make any cases.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
okie dokie thread dead might as well ##vote bk

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Just got back but it appears the deed is done :redhammer:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Delving ever deeper, facing foes the likes of which the Blue Planet has never seen, the party must be nearing the core of the True Moon... right?

Bottleknight, Kain, Creator Aligned Dragoon, was KO'd Day 5.

quote:

Jump: Select a target and leap high into the air, becoming hidden. The next night you will land on your target, performing a vigilante kill. If you target is killed before you land, you will switch to a random living Blue Planet aligned player.

It is now Night 5

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Having beaten a multitude of foes that certainly weren't stolen outright from other games worlds, the party finally approaches the center of the True Moon, and the evil contained within

it is now Day 6

Do your thing.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im leaving for oregon tomorrow so if we can finish this game tonight thatd be great. assuming were at lylo or whatever

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
5 for 5 on my uneventful nights btw

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I didn't bother covering anyone because I have already covered jam and IS and I think flerp is the scum.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Jammy, I'm assuming you used your roleblock. Who did you target?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
wait actually its 6 uneventful nights because of night 0

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

IllegallySober posted:

Jammy, I'm assuming you used your roleblock. Who did you target?

I roleblocked CPig for obvious reasons.

I'm trying to think outside my biased scum-read of CPig to see if I'm overlooking something obvious about IS and flerp. CPig being scum is only one of many options that explains why we have no death. I'm assuming scum could withhold the kill to implicate my roleblock target, but I could have legit blocked scum.

I got flavor that after I successfully roleblocked my target, I took a power nap. Who can explain what that means?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Jamuraan posted:

I roleblocked CPig for obvious reasons.

I'm trying to think outside my biased scum-read of CPig to see if I'm overlooking something obvious about IS and flerp. CPig being scum is only one of many options that explains why we have no death. I'm assuming scum could withhold the kill to implicate my roleblock target, but I could have legit blocked scum.

I got flavor that after I successfully roleblocked my target, I took a power nap. Who can explain what that means?

I got some very similar flavor regarding taking a nap to recharge my batteries.

CPig, did you submit a PM to not cover anyone, or did you just not send a PM before the game opened?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

IllegallySober posted:

I got some very similar flavor regarding taking a nap to recharge my batteries.

CPig, did you submit a PM to not cover anyone, or did you just not send a PM before the game opened?

I specifically told mithross i was not doing anything

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
so is didnt heal anybody, i didnt lose deathproof and nobody else died. now youre telling me cpig was roleblocked. whatever could it mean

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

flerp posted:

so is didnt heal anybody, i didnt lose deathproof and nobody else died. now youre telling me cpig was roleblocked. whatever could it mean

to me, it means ur scum and there would've probably been a kill had jam not announced he was roleblocking me in thread. Like Jam, that is something you sit on until the next day where it actually means something.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

flerp posted:

...when did I say I didn't heal anybody?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I didn't heal anyone N4 but I didn't say anything about not healing anyone N5.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

IllegallySober posted:

Sorry IS, I'm assuming I outed you.

Unfortunately, we're still almost definitely at LYLO. Everyone's cards on the table. Time to lay it all out.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Jamuraan posted:

Sorry IS, I'm assuming I outed you.

Unfortunately, we're still almost definitely at LYLO. Everyone's cards on the table. Time to lay it all out.

Nah, I don't think you've outed anything.

I just find it to be an interesting leap in logic.

The only thing I've definitively stated today was that I got some similar flavor to yours. You took an action. Why would flerp then assume I did not?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

IllegallySober posted:

oh i thought you saying the flavor of recharging was in reference to last night not the night before it

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

What the heck is this even? I can only assume taking a power nap is a good thing? It's not meaningless flavor you think?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jamuraan posted:

Everyone's cards on the table. Time to lay it all out.

I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone's cards are already on the table...

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ok so i think there arent any killing roles left in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

The really interesting part is that he's right. I didn't protect anyone last night.

I was in the middle of a re-read this afternoon to determine who I WAS going to protect when I got PM'd flavor that I took a nap to recharge my batteries and awoke to finish the adventure or whatever.

According to Mithross, he simply messed up the deadline. My first thought was that my action didn't matter which is why he re-opened early. Apparently that's not the case, though.

• Locked thread