Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yesss tell me you got it!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family

Lasse Lillebakken posted:

Star Wars' scoring was incredibly inflated. It was greatly reduced in the latest code update 0.87.
0.87 still has a few problems, though... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_N67hUNu_M

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

MajorMarcus posted:

0.87 still has a few problems, though... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_N67hUNu_M

Yeah....

(Scored by Jason Werdrick, but still.)

Also - I need pics of a free Monopoly soon.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I played Monopoly out at the Chinook Roadhouse this weekend. (Great pinball spot, btw, if you happen to be on the Washington coast. The bartender told me she got annoyed at having broken machines, so she brought in a maintenance expert to teach her how to keep them up. Great collection in great shape, and almost everything is $2/5 balls.)

Can't say I'm a fan of it. The center front ramp is way too close to the flippers for my taste, and it didn't feel like it flowed well. Still, would not turn it down if all I had to do was drive up and collect it.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Aw, I love Monopoly. I know it's Whirlwind's janky cousin but the music is great and the overall use of the layout is really fun. I've played a couple really nice ones and when someone's poured their heart into it it really glows.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Aw, I love Monopoly. I know it's Whirlwind's janky cousin but the music is great and the overall use of the layout is really fun. I've played a couple really nice ones and when someone's poured their heart into it it really glows.

Will keep an open mind, then! Maybe I'm being hard on it because I played a batch of extremely hot Strike Extreme games right before.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Tony Phillips posted:

Yeah....

(Scored by Jason Werdrick, but still.)

Also - I need pics of a free Monopoly soon.

definitely read that as 215 million and was confused by the significance

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Will keep an open mind, then! Maybe I'm being hard on it because I played a batch of extremely hot Strike Extreme games right before.

Playing it loud with some modded lighting is a huge treat.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Today I remembered that Big Buck Hunter was made into a pinball. Man, who the hell thought that up?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Alright, I had stayed quiet for a few days to escape your collective wrath. Going to pick up the machine RIGHT NOW. Super hyped.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Oh man, I thought it was too late to give some tips.
I feel bad for your friends if you don't have something to roll it on.
You aren't going to move it by yourself without wheels.
2 or more people can carry it. But it sucks.

The best thing is pinball skates. They probably cost about $150. I haven't shopped around for them. I want some, but I'm cheap.
I've been using a harbor freight lift table for a few years. I bought it before I knew about pin skates. The model I bought was on sale for less than $100.
I've been wanting to try out some furniture mover casters as well.
https://www.amazon.com/Grip-Wheel-Movers-Dolly-Pack/dp/B0096D677M

I had thought about buying a coffin mover, before I found out about pinskates.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

As long as you don't have to traverse any stairs it's no problem moving a game with two people of average strength. If you have to take it up or down a flight of stairs you probably want to be three or four though.

At least it's not a widebody game. Ask me about moving a Road Show up a spiral staircase. :negative:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

You can rent a dolly at Home Depot for like $20 a day.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Niwrad posted:

You can rent a dolly at Home Depot for like $20 a day.

you can buy a metal adjustable dolly for $80 at Home DEpot or Lowes

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

She Bangs the Drums posted:

you can buy a metal adjustable dolly for $80 at Home DEpot or Lowes

What kind are you talking about?

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

cosmicjim posted:

What kind are you talking about?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Milwaukee-800-lb-Capacity-Red-Steel-Convertible-Hand-Truck/50042446

The handles pull out so its either stand up or convert it to a 4 wheel cart

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

Ah, I don't like those unless I'm moving them vertically, but I'd definitely rather set it down on that as a cart than carry it a long distance.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
How much do piano movers cost?

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

prefect posted:

How much do piano movers cost?

Cheap. Probably as good or better than laying a hand truck on its back. That's probably what I would do if I'm moving one once, or for the first time and don't have time to prep.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Used a dolly and straps- zero issues moving it out and getting it home. Popped the door open with a separate key. Displays not work By at all but there are lights on in the play field. Gotta put the baby to bed then I'll get into it with pics

edit - okay so got the playfield glass off, popped it up and found the backbox key (along with like $30 in quarters I need to figure out how to get out). Popped open the backbox. What do you guys want pictures of?

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 9, 2017

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The display issue could be as simple as a loose connector. Make sure the display has the connector going into it and it's secure (maybe unplug and replug back in). Also trace the connector back and make sure it's plugged in on the other end.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I might have a spare of that display even.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Display connectors seem to be seated well. When I hit the power switch on the bottom of the machine I get a brief flash of yellow on the display but nothing else.

I did just discover what seems to be the CPU/rom chip floating around the bottom of the machine and a blank spot where the manual says it should be attached. Looks like a minor bit of damage there- I'll grab a pic

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Omnikin posted:

Display connectors seem to be seated well. When I hit the power switch on the bottom of the machine I get a brief flash of yellow on the display but nothing else.

I did just discover what seems to be the CPU/rom chip floating around the bottom of the machine and a blank spot where the manual says it should be attached. Looks like a minor bit of damage there- I'll grab a pic

That is weird. Those chips are not easy to take out. Maybe try putting the chip back in and seeing what happens?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I did try- didn't seem to want to go back in properly so I'm working on that

http://imgur.com/a/TDqdv

Blank spot w/ some weird damage

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Omnikin posted:

I did try- didn't seem to want to go back in properly so I'm working on that

http://imgur.com/a/TDqdv

Blank spot w/ some weird damage

might want to get those batteries out of there, that bottom one looks to be starting to corrode

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Replaced the batteries, got the chip back in (and it seems to be in correctly!). Reward: a red light just to the left of the picture came on. There are two diodes there and previously only one had been lit- now I have 2. Making progress.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Omnikin posted:

Replaced the batteries, got the chip back in (and it seems to be in correctly!). Reward: a red light just to the left of the picture came on. There are two diodes there and previously only one had been lit- now I have 2. Making progress.

Can you test the fuses? I'd also check to make sure all the connectors are seated correctly on the board. Maybe pull out and put back in.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Apparently I have a fuse missing- location F7 - 20v DC Low Power Coil

Don't have a multimeter; gotta steal one tomorrow I guess

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
The red light means you've locked the first chip and now need to lock chips 2 and 3 to start Multi-Fix(tm). To start that you'll probably want to get the Multi-Meter filled.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Can you take some pics of the game? Is it in decent condition?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
It appears to be in good condition- not as beat down as I thought it would be coming out of a university game room. Can get some playfield pics in a minute once my phone charges a bit.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
doublepost: some bad shots- if you want anything in particular let me know shortly!
http://imgur.com/a/Sm2BE

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
drat for a freebie that's an incredible score. The playfield looks pretty good for something that was routed.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
If I'm understanding correctly it spent the better part of the last two years just sitting inert in their game room- not sure how long it was there before that.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

MajorMarcus posted:

Played a bunch of Dialed In on Sunday. It is SOOOO GOOD! However, when will JJP ever record a good multiball callout?

This really looks good. Seems like it might have more toys and poo poo going on than Star Wars but I need to check them both out in person.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Looks in great shape. Just needs a nice cleaning. Hopefully the issues with it actually playing aren't too severe.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Congrats on your free $2700!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Congrats on your free $2700!

Is that an offer? ;)

In all seriousness this will probably be sold at some point in the next month. I'd love to get it running and spend some quality time with it but my wife's already hyperventilating about the loss of space in our dining room storage area. Of course getting it running also means I feel a little bit better about getting the right price for a sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Omnikin posted:

Is that an offer? ;)

hngnhngnh

Omnikin posted:

In all seriousness this will probably be sold at some point in the next month. I'd love to get it running and spend some quality time with it but my wife's already hyperventilating about the loss of space in our dining room storage area. Of course getting it running also means I feel a little bit better about getting the right price for a sale

Who needs a dining room? Eating is for suckers.