Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Wasn't Hal one of the main pushers for that, followed up by his terrible "I agree" on MMT's case on me?

That's a hurm!

##vote Hal

Quid do you find your Hal case actually more compelling than the ones on Jeabus and Hats? If so, why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Eight Dollars posted:

Are you talking about my stuff about Hat? Because I don't think I'm really pushing setup spec, rather showing how people were talking about the N0 thing and not commenting on the actual discussions going on at the time.

you literally said setup spec was good

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Captain Foo posted:

you literally said setup spec was good

It can be good! I think you should reread 8bux in the context of what me and Birb were talking about, cause maybe you don't get what we've been talking about

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Rereading some folks. I don't understand why people are talking about Hal as a serious vote, there's nothing there. Unless the lack of content is the reason for bringing him up?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Asiina posted:

u jelly?

yes ;-;

Also Railway post hell yeah

Outside of my joke votes I don't really have a good feel on who is being weird. so ##unvote for now

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Bifauxnen posted:

Quid do you find your Hal case actually more compelling than the ones on Jeabus and Hats? If so, why

Yes, but purely on a personal level. I don't see Hal coming in and believing that crap if he's being sincere.

Actually, I do have one idea, but I'm gonna wait for him to show up again.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Wasn't Hal one of the main pushers for that, followed up by his terrible "I agree" on MMT's case on me?

That's a hurm!

##vote Hal

What did I push now?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Setup spec can be good, when used with evidence and night actions and the like. What I'm against is spec that is used to contribute without actual interaction, like I felt Hat was doing.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What's the Jeabus case again? Isn't he truly an awkward newbie?

I'm more 50/50 on Hats now, his sad-reaction feels somewhat genuine in it's "I'm much more awkward as town" argument to the point that I kiiinda believe him.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mayor Glowku posted:

yes ;-;

Also Railway post hell yeah

Outside of my joke votes I don't really have a good feel on who is being weird. so ##unvote for now

What about Jeabus and Hats!!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

What did I push now?

Hmmm, I thought people were saying you were part of the setup spec initial push but I am not seeing that in your post history now. Probably misread Hats as Hal :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

What's the Jeabus case again? Isn't he truly an awkward newbie?

I'm more 50/50 on Hats now, his sad-reaction feels somewhat genuine in it's "I'm much more awkward as town" argument to the point that I kiiinda believe him.

I thought you said my casing was good, don't you see what I was getting at?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

swing and a miss

i don't remember making this post

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal, what's your deal with "me too"-ing MMT's bad case, please explain

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Real talk, Jeabus opened with

I thought it was odd because I couldn't initially tell if I'm town. I'm definitely anti-scum but I couldn't confirm if I am part of the town "faction."

So I asked about the n0 flip which purports to show the demise of one of my enemies, but Jeabus didn't express an opinion on whether it was good and so I think they're ducking me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Hmmm, I thought people were saying you were part of the setup spec initial push but I am not seeing that in your post history now. Probably misread Hats as Hal :v:

HURMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Actually I also just misread 8 dollars saying hats as hal so I can totally understand that

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Asiina posted:

I am continually poo poo posting and serious posting.

It's just all posting.

Kinda sounds gross.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought you said my casing was good, don't you see what I was getting at?

I said I liked the analysis you were doing. I think you make a fair point that not understanding your role PM specifics in relation to the N0 flip might be something. But full disclosure, I haven't had time to read the initial interaction that everyone's talking about, so I'm looking more at how people are discussing it than the actual event. In that regards, I think you're being genuine.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And I am basing all of this around me not actually having really read the OP at all either :v:

But I understand what people are saying because I too read my alignment and went "...is that scum?" And then contexed clue'd my way into understanding I was town because I had no scum team and I didn't have to murder everyone in the world or be the last one standing or anything

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Well Quid, I didn't think it was that bad. I don't like in your vote post that you concluded with the banal "Be honest, are you scum" and I concur with MMT that your explanation on why you agree with bif reads really awkward

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

And I am basing all of this around me not actually having really read the OP at all either :v:

But I understand what people are saying because I too read my alignment and went "...is that scum?" And then contexed clue'd my way into understanding I was town because I had no scum team and I didn't have to murder everyone in the world or be the last one standing or anything

This however makes me feel better about you

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

same, although I think the window of this strategy is fading now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

quote:

Ehhh, I really dislike that MMT case on me because I think it's fairly lazy to put two completely separate posts together and present them as if they were on top of each other. I called out Hats, then he responded at which point I further said "Hmm, not sure I like how you are reacting to this, are you new scum?"

So MMT, why did you present those as being basically the same post? It's not a very strong case if you remember that he, you know, said poo poo in between.

I usually put multiple related quotes from one person in one box separated by context for readability's sake, separated by three -'s to indicate a different post. Before I started doing that, people would in turn skip over my posts because they seemed too long. I've been doing that for literally years, it's not a new thing, and that's the first time I've ever seen someone try to spin that as suspicious.

Quidthulhu posted:

And as a result I got a lot of information about how I shouldn't be dismissing him as newbie scum. That makes his hemming and hawing look a lot worse to me.

"A lot of information"? From that?

Your original case was that he was feigning his opinions, and then rather than case him or press him on other scummy things he did you posted "be honest, are you newbie scum?". And then, despite his hemming and hawing making him look a lot worse to you, you don't have any follow up questions and you don't seem particularly interested in fleshing out your read any further.

Quid - did Hats musing about the N0 kill or implying that he has information about it impact your opinion of him at all?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MT what is your opinion on Hats, and Jeabus, particularly in relation to the cases me and Birb are making against them

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

Quidthulhu posted:

I like Bif's case work, and while I think spending a lot of time talking about the flavor kill is a waste of time, there is enough oddness with this that I think she's on to something here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

same, although I think the window of this strategy is fading now.

I'd say that was the last acceptable one.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
glowku if you go to railway post I will make you an orphan

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

What about Jeabus and Hats!!

If I had to pick, hats.

Birdstrike posted:

glowku if you go to railway post I will make you an orphan

Say that to my face not online etc

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

I'd say that was the last acceptable one.

:agreed:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I honestly thought I was 3P until I PMed Podima just now.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Little Mac posted:

I honestly thought I was 3P until I PMed Podima just now.

too late buddy

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think Hats is good. I kinda assumed the Family was town because there is so rarely a scum flip and I thought I was 3P survivor so I assumed the family was town. However, I was barely reading and only put all this together now. Hats, meanwhile, seems to be paying much better attention. I mostly like this post:

The Lord of Hats posted:

Is having the N0 flip be scum a thing that happens? I mean, I know I'm getting all setup-spec-y right out of the starting gates here, but having a Godfather as the first flip seems to imply another faction that has a kill, whether it's SK or another scum faction. Or a vigilante who's feeling especially murderous, I guess?

Like I dunno. It pings me the right way.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Bifauxnen posted:

too late buddy

Don't really care!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

MT what is your opinion on Hats, and Jeabus, particularly in relation to the cases me and Birb are making against them

I think that Hats musing about multiple killing factions / why the N0 kill was scum is the scummiest thing about him, but it's nowhere near conclusive and other than that his play this game seems consistent with how he usually sounds.

I understand the logic behind the Jeabus case but to me it's entirely plausible that maybe he didn't just read too much into the N0 flavor/results and assumed he was town because there was no scumdoc in his PM. The fact that so many people are jumping on him (especially this early in the game) makes me feel like it's a good but incorrect case, and that scum are trying to use it to drive a mislynch.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Like lol if you think any of you are confirmed town or some bullshit. I'm not jumping on some dumb train. I will say, however, being "Vengeance-aligned" should have (TOWN) right next to it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Little Mac posted:

Like lol if you think any of you are confirmed town or some bullshit. I'm not jumping on some dumb train. I will say, however, being "Vengeance-aligned" should have (TOWN) right next to it.

Except, of course, the train we're currently on.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

If Jeabus IS scum, I find it weird there's no teammtes coming to his aid with "don't lynch newbies" to buy him a day (he is new, yes?).

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Little Mac posted:

If Jeabus IS scum, I find it weird there's no teammtes coming to his aid with "don't lynch newbies" to buy him a day (he is new, yes?).

I thought there were some peeps actually, got to go double check though, only just starting my spreadsheet

Little Mac posted:

oh good, I was just starting to think it might be a bit unfair for Pod to not give scum an example town PM for fakeclaim purposes or anything so this poo poo could actually work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

it's not that knowing the flavor makes you confirmed town, LMac. It's how you observe people trying to use it, trying to suss things out. For example, you just dropping it in a big steaming pile here to make everything obvious for everyone now seems to be a scummy use of it.

• Locked thread