Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm keeping my vote on Jedit. I'll move if it's between that and no-dunking, but I seriously don't think letting what's probably a caught janitor get away is a very good idea.

Jedit, what's your flavor?

Canadian Tourist Board.

Using this emptyquote is scummy as gently caress, people. Did Yuming expect me to say "Oh yeah, that was totes me guys :smuggo:", or something?

A possibility did occur to me last night, though: I might have stopped Nutsack performing the NK rather than being the target of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

PMush Perfect posted:

Why?

Care to elaborate?

Verifiable claim if Nutsack comes back. Not sure why Jedit didn't claim it at first but if he comes back and is alive then I don't see it being a scum ability.

Also I think Whereda is town, and since it's unconfirmed mason, instead of mod-confirmed, I believe that's done to keep it from being too powerful.
It's rare that it's unconfirmed masons with 1 scum, 1 town. That's my opinion at least. I think it's likely both unconfirmed masons are town.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Jamuraan posted:

Verifiable claim if Nutsack comes back. Not sure why Jedit didn't claim it at first but if he comes back and is alive then I don't see it being a scum ability.

Don't be dense. Why should I claim? If nobody had died last night would you expect a Doc to say "that was me, I stopped that NK because I'm a Doc"?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Jedit posted:

With no other kill I think we can be pretty sure Nutsack was Town, right?
Oh sorry, I thought it was obvious but let me explain--

Dearest town (Jedit not included), why would Jedit post this if his claim is true?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
OMG you guys are so distracted by claims, don't ignore legit scummy actions.

Hal and Chic what do you guys think of today's happenings?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

yuming posted:

Oh sorry, I thought it was obvious but let me explain--

Dearest town (Jedit not included), why would Jedit post this if his claim is true?

Pssst - when Nutsack comes back, he'll be the same alignment as when he left.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Why did you pick him? If you are town how do you know he is town?

O M G

~scum perspective~

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

yuming posted:

Why did you pick him? If you are town how do you know he is town?

O M G

~scum perspective~

Jesus Christ, are you really that dumb?

There was no NK. Therefore either Nutsack performed the NK or he was the target, or there is a doc out there who happened to get lucky.

You're the one saying we should go with the simplest explanation - regardless of whether I'm telling the truth the simplest and most likely explanation is that Nutsack was the NK target. And if that is the case, then he is obviously Town.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mafia edit - in the interests of keeping it to public information I should say that there was no NK beyond the possible NK of Nutsack.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Jedit posted:

There was no NK.

Jedit posted:

Mafia edit - in the interests of keeping it to public information I should say that there was no NK beyond the possible NK of Nutsack.
Why is this 'keeping it to public information'?

I'm preeeeetty sure that's a scum slip.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Do you have private information about the NK, Jedit?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Why is this 'keeping it to public information'?

I'm preeeeetty sure that's a scum slip.

No, it means right now I'm the only person who knows for sure that I'm being truthful. Everyone else saw one incident that could be a janitored NK. You need to start judging people by how much they appear to know, and what assumptions they are making.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Jedit posted:

A possibility did occur to me last night, though: I might have stopped Nutsack performing the NK rather than being the target of it.

Both of these are actually nearly equally likely.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Meaning Nutsack is a very strong scum candidate.

And FFS we are not killing Jedit today. It's very early the game, we have the luxury of several days left, let's make use of them.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87AtTtyrUXA

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hey Fisk, do you hve any idea where your mason buddy could be? tell him to come back to the game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

Hey Fisk, do you hve any idea where your mason buddy could be? tell him to come back to the game.

:shrug:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
That's gotta be frustrating - having the unique ability to communicate outside of the thread, only to have a silent partner in the game. Though to be fair, you don't seem to enjoy your role too much either, since you hadn't reached out to him as of n1. Have you had a chance to contact him during d2?

One more thing: there seems to be a lot of momentum on lynching Jeddit at the moment. You even voted for him. But overall it seems like yuming is pushing the hardest for a Jeddit lynch. I was just wondering what you think about yuming? any reason to be suspicious of her?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Kasumeat posted:

Both of these are actually nearly equally likely.

No, there are many more Town for me to choose from than scum. I would also rather pick Town targets early than late; if I pick scum early I might end up removing a Townie late in the game and giving the scum parity. I don't want that.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

jedit, I mean mathematically speaking.

b-minus1 posted:

You make people come back to the game by voting them. You seem to have no actual interest in getting him back though, just in talking about it.

b-minus1 posted:

That's gotta be frustrating - having the unique ability to communicate outside of the thread, only to have a silent partner in the game. Though to be fair, you don't seem to enjoy your role too much either, since you hadn't reached out to him as of n1. Have you had a chance to contact him during d2?

Hmm yes I'm sure the person putting zero effort into this game is really upset about this.

God the are so loving many scummy people this game, it's going to be a nightmare to solve.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I keep going back and forth on if Fisk and where would be this bold with a "too scummy to be scum" strategy. Every time I think I've settled that no, they're just being frustrating, they do something else scummy.

##vote JFisk

If we're not getting Jedit today, I'd really like to get one of these two and settle it once and for all. And Which is new enough to make me rather pick Fisk.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not scummy to begin with

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Kasumeat posted:

You make people come back to the game by voting them. You seem to have no actual interest in getting him back though, just in talking about it.

God the are so loving many scummy people this game, it's going to be a nightmare to solve.
I agree, which is why I voted to lynch Where. More than anything else, I want him to come back and provide us with information.

Kasumeat posted:

Hmm yes I'm sure the person putting zero effort into this game is really upset about this.

It's quite simple. I want to know if Fisk has attempted to reach out to Where, his mason partner, outside the game. If he hasn't, why not? And I want to know his thoughts on Yuming, who in my opinion has pushed the hardest for a Jedit lynch, which I do not endorse.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Would you be willing to hit Fisk instead? The one who's actively lying? (Though I suppose I could also get behind a lurker-dunk.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: Who'd be*

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PMush Perfect posted:

Would you be willing to hit Fisk instead? The one who's actively lying? (Though I suppose I could also get behind a lurker-dunk.)

I'm not 100% convinced that he is lying, but I am skeptical. There's still a few people I want to hear from first before I'll vote to lynch Fisk.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I want to be extremely clear in saying that not voting for jedit in this case draws one's very sanity into question

God bless

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yea this should be a slam dunk I'm pretty shocked.

Also suspicious of Hal and Chic for being so quiet.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

To all of you on the Jedit wagon: will you still want to lunch him if nutsack comes back tomorrow?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No, because he'll be dead from being lynched today and we will have already done supplications if need be

Jedit is the lynch today. Suggesting otherwise is anti town

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I was thinking on it, and yeah, even though he's the one that brought it up, Jedit has a point. It's possible that there was no (other?) kill last night because NR was the one performing, and it was a sort-of roleblock? Which would, essentially, make him a very weird jailer.

I mean, still very behind killing Jedit because there's way too many 'ifs' involved and I'm not sure how likely it is that both scum and Jedit would target the same person.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You should vote him

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

We've got 9 hours until deadline. I can move my vote back.

Why? Nervous?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hi, I've either been at work or playing mario xcom for the past few days god bless, but i'm on lunch break now so i'm gonna bang our some quick thoughts now that i'm here and kind of caught up

I remembered about this game now though

Yuming have you ever thought I was town in any game, ever

How is Jedit not lynched yet with a watcher claim? Jedit's claim feels like a pretty clear scramble, ffs guys. Yes it's a weird role that sounds plausible and would only buy him a day, but a day means another (possibly janitored) night kill and even a potential mislynch on town would throw the game very much in scum's favor

Like, it was written out as a flip, guys. I've never seen an (x) has vanished! look like even a janitored flip before, and maybe that's just how Opop does it but it feels fishy inside

##vote Jedit

this is the safest course of action imo

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

that was kind of stream of consciousness and isn't terribly coherent now that i read back over it but my point is essentially that if Jedit is scum Janitor, which I think he is, he can do enough in one night to throw off the game enough that I think it's worth the risk today even if he is telling the truth about his role, which I think he isn't

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

We've got 9 hours until deadline. I can move my vote back.

Why? Nervous?

No, just looking to commit you to your convictions

Or account for the disparity

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I'm starting to think this game is some sort of performance art piece where everyone is in on it except me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you have to ask if everyone else is crazy

• Locked thread