Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
assuage is just sausage spelled different

makes u think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

VikingSkull posted:

makes u think

of smoked sausage

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

VikingSkull posted:

makes u think

rear end....sausage?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Invading your home IS the absolute last line of defense, the keep has been breached, it's safe to assume anyone doing this is here to murder/rape/harm your family and any and all means of defense are absolutely on the table, shoot to kill is the only reasonable response to this threat, shoot for center mass until no threat exists anymore, gently caress any criminal rear end in a top hat attempting this in the first place, their life is absolutely forfeit

E: I have 00 buck 4 rounds for my shotgun, 11 rounds hollow point .45 ACP and 6 rounds hollow point .357 magnum ready at all times for such a situation, anyone attempting to seek illegal entry to my home will die, period.

I can't wait until some PUNK invades MY home. I stroke my GUN as I imagine pumping LOAD AFTER LOAD into his rear end HOLE I mean

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Slugworth posted:

rear end....sausage?

rear end wage

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Invading your home IS the absolute last line of defense, the keep has been breached, it's safe to assume anyone doing this is here to murder/rape/harm your family and any and all means of defense are absolutely on the table, shoot to kill is the only reasonable response to this threat, shoot for center mass until no threat exists anymore, gently caress any criminal rear end in a top hat attempting this in the first place, their life is absolutely forfeit

E: I have 00 buck 4 rounds for my shotgun, 11 rounds hollow point .45 ACP and 6 rounds hollow point .357 magnum ready at all times for such a situation, anyone attempting to seek illegal entry to my home will die, period.

:yikes:

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Haha, guns sound gay.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Durf posted:

I can't wait until some PUNK invades MY home. I stroke my GUN as I imagine pumping LOAD AFTER LOAD into his rear end HOLE I mean
I like when guys with like 8 guns to PROTECT THEIR FAMILY don't have smoke alarms or a fire extinguisher, despite fire being way more likely than home invasion, because smoke alarms don't MAKE YOU FEEL POWERFUL.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Slugworth posted:

I like when guys with like 8 guns to PROTECT THEIR FAMILY don't have smoke alarms or a fire extinguisher, despite fire being way more likely than home invasion, because smoke alarms don't MAKE YOU FEEL POWERFUL.

Compromise, fire ax. Chop up your family so they don't succumb to the fire.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

some comedian (Burr maybe) had a great home defense bit where the first shot renders you deaf, leaving you with a silent muzzleflash slideshow of a grinning maniac coming at you with a knife

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Inept posted:

Compromise, fire ax. Chop up your family so they don't succumb to the fire.

No way any son of mine is going out like a pussy being chopped to bits by some maniac! Even if that maniac is me!

The correct answer is of course, guns! First shooting at the fire. Failing that, each person shoot themselves.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Slugworth posted:

I bet that most households with guns also have smoke detectors.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Hardawn posted:

And I bet you've never came inside a lady.

OR.. a MAN!! :mmmhmm:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

T.S. Smelliot posted:

lmao wtf dude he's straight up throwing haymakers at the cop and you're shocked the cop defended himself? okayyyyyyyyyy I'll speak slower when interacting with you from now on

If I were attacked by an unarmed man in my own home and I shot and killed him, there would definitely be interest by the District Attorney, a likely arrest and trial on my part. Why would a police officer, who is better trained to deal with such events, and should be expected to have a better response, be held to a lower standard?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

T.S. Smelliot posted:

dont worry we all have weird psycho fantasies

mine is that the police accidentally raid your house and that your final words before receiving the lethal injection is "blue lives matter"

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Mercrom posted:

dont worry we all have weird psycho fantasies

mine is that the police accidentally raid your house and that your final words before receiving the lethal injection is "blue lives matter"

i've heard of dark fantasy but this is ridiculous

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

that cop was justified in drawing his weapon, but he skipped a step. the subject was still disoriented and didn't even have a chance to comply under threat of deadly force and didn't show any sign of advancing on the officer when he was shot. the dude certainly deserved to be forcibly incapacitated and arrested, but not killed.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

T.S. Smelliot posted:

How hard did you get while typing this?

VikingSkull posted:

I watched this whole thing live on RebZ.tv

the cops told people for two hours to leave the area and people kept playing the cross the street game with them

told to leave, go across the street

told to leave from there, cross another street

no one ever left the area until they got carted out in vans

I didn't read the article, but let me tell you my opinion based on the headline even though it says right in the headline that they arrested an undercover cop in addition to a number of others who were at the wrong place at the wrong time!
:goonsay:

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

T.S. Smelliot posted:

lmao wtf dude he's straight up throwing haymakers at the cop and you're shocked the cop defended himself? okayyyyyyyyyy I'll speak slower when interacting with you from now on

Friend if you are so threatened by a skinny emo dude throwing 'haymakers' that you have no choice but to shoot him then maybe don't be a police officer lmao.

T.S. Smelliot posted:

like I'm not saying the dude deserved death here but come the gently caress on, as a rational, sound minded person I don't think I would discount "if I go throwing haymakers at a cop attempting to retreat it's not unreasonable that I might get loving shot here" like come on

Here's the thing: the moment of danger had passed. They scuffled, the cop got on top of him, then he got up, backed up a few steps, and shot the person a few times. If the cop was unable to get the person under control and backed up and they charged again... well alright maybe but that didn't happen here.

It's the same reason 'stand your ground' doesn't fly if you shot the person in the back.

e: Where was his partner btw? It's dumb that cops are out on patrol alone.

COMRADES has issued a correction as of 05:08 on Sep 26, 2017

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Whatever the fact of the matter is every other Western country manages to deal with junkies or drunk or crazy people without killing them regularly whereas ours seem to be pulling the gun out at the drop of a hat. Like you can't tell me the police in London don't sometimes get into a scuffle, how do they manage to deal?

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

COMRADES posted:

Whatever the fact of the matter is every other Western country manages to deal with junkies or drunk or crazy people without killing them regularly whereas ours seem to be pulling the gun out at the drop of a hat. Like you can't tell me the police in London don't sometimes get into a scuffle, how do they manage to deal?

Our junkies rule. They spend every moment of their lives training their body and mind to kill and our drunk and crazy people are some of the most disciplined killers in the league. It's well known, ask any country and they'll tell you, we need american police to deal these maniacs.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Inept posted:

if you hate homeless people so much why did you work at a shelter? were you poisoning them or did you have to serve community service for assaulting homeless people

It could be working at these places is what put him off homeless people. It seems more likely than choosing to work there if there was a major pre existing dislike. I'm not agreeing with everything he's saying and would set a different standard for when gun use becomes appropriate...

I do wonder how this correlates with social trust. The US is so heterogeneous it seems like it'd probably be a low trust community. When social trust goes down it makes people very edgy when confronting others. The number of gun deaths generally in the US is also overall so high that I imagine cops are on edge far more which might lead them to overreact.

Again I'm not saying there might not be problems with cop culture in some areas but if there are systemic issues across state lines I can imagine it being a big mix of things in which blaming predominantly either the civilians or the cops is reductionist.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Smelliot either became a social worker to feel superior to everyone or (more likely imo) he suffered from major burnout from having to deal with some pretty heavy poo poo on a constant basis. It makes me want to be sympathetic, but he makes it real loving hard.

Also why aren't there good cops? Because they get in trouble for trying to be.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/chicago-cops-face-reprimand-for-taking-a-knee-in-instagram-photo/amp/

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
There are lots of good cops, even ones who don't get dogpiled by their peers for doing their dumb stinking jobs. It's just that people don't make gifs of cops doing normal non-murdery stuff because who gives a poo poo about that?

It's like you guys haven't even seen the neverending story or something. Remember the magic mirror gate? It's for stuff like this.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

SealHammer posted:

Tasers are unreliable, mace is only effective over time and only against people who feel pain (i.e. not people on dissociatives or amphetamines), and batons are even less effective unless bones are broken or the CNS is damaged. As sad as it is, the only reliable man-portable tool for incapacitation is the firearm. And sometimes an officer does have to incapacitate someone because it is not their job to avoid conflict, it is to arrest suspected criminals and bring them before the judiciary.

American criminals are like the werewolves of the crime world, nothing will take them down but the hot sweet kiss of lead. They are poo poo werewolves though because they have no super werewolf powers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Secular Humanist posted:

There are lots of good cops, even ones who don't get dogpiled by their peers for doing their dumb stinking jobs. It's just that people don't make gifs of cops doing normal non-murdery stuff because who gives a poo poo about that?

It's like you guys haven't even seen the neverending story or something. Remember the magic mirror gate? It's for stuff like this.

there are no good cops because they cover for their bad cop colleagues. anyone who doesn't stops being a cop

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

its true: cop culture is rotted from within. read about all the serpicos (also read serpico. or at least watch the biopic)

see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Schoolcraft

Former DILF has issued a correction as of 10:01 on Sep 26, 2017

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

genesplicer posted:

If I were attacked by an unarmed man in my own home and I shot and killed him, there would definitely be interest by the District Attorney, a likely arrest and trial on my part. Why would a police officer, who is better trained to deal with such events, and should be expected to have a better response, be held to a lower standard?

This is sad, here the cops would pat me on the shoulder, indicate that's unfortunate I had to go through that, take the body of the criminal and leave

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Secular Humanist posted:

It's hard to look at the numbers, especially as an outsider looking in, and think "oh it's just a few bad apples murdering hundreds upon hundreds of unarmed civilian men women and children every year".

A culture of violence and racism where cops are not held accountable for the lives they take is dependent on a culture of bad or, at the very least, apathetic/indifferent cops.

That a bunch of other cops don't murder doesn't magically make the bunch of cops who do murder suddenly disappear.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

T.S. Smelliot posted:

This is sad, here the cops would pat me on the shoulder, indicate that's unfortunate I had to go through that, take the body of the criminal and leave

Congratulations on being white! If you were another color, they would beat you savagely and drag you to the courthouse so they could decide if your murder was legal or not and they probably would decide it wasn't.

E: Smelly did you burn your MAGA hat when Trump got confused and said nice things about Dreamers?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

T.S. Smelliot posted:

then we could show them your post fantasizing brutally murdering a home invader

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Jukebox Hero posted:

Congratulations on being white! If you were another color, they would beat you savagely and drag you to the courthouse so they could decide if your murder was legal or not and they probably would decide it wasn't.

Hell, black people can't even call the cops in the US without running the risk of being shot by the very cops they called for help.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

then we could show them your post fantasizing brutally murdering a home invader

Self defense isn't murder homeboy, but I could see how a brit might get confused about that

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Ahhh, magahat restored

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
uh i think they would investigate else whats stopping someone from making a surreptitious phone call inviting someone over then blasting them away?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Secular Humanist posted:

Psst if they turn a blind eye to the bad ones, that makes them bad also

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Self defense isn't murder homeboy, but I could see how a brit might get confused about that
Smelly go jerk off about legally killing a human being in private plz, you're really excited by the prospect of killing your fellow human beings way too much

Durf posted:

durf thank you

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

Smelliot either became a social worker to feel superior to everyone or (more likely imo) he suffered from major burnout from having to deal with some pretty heavy poo poo on a constant basis. It makes me want to be sympathetic, but he makes it real loving hard.

Also why aren't there good cops? Because they get in trouble for trying to be.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/chicago-cops-face-reprimand-for-taking-a-knee-in-instagram-photo/amp/

or their careers get dead-ended until corrupt cops set them up to get shot in the face

quote:

The circumstances surrounding Serpico's shooting quickly came into question. Serpico, who was armed during the drug raid, had been shot only after briefly turning away from the suspect when he realized that the two officers who had accompanied him to the scene were not following him into the apartment, raising the question whether Serpico had actually been brought to the apartment by his colleagues to be murdered. There was no formal investigation.[9]

pigs never change

ACAB

Former DILF posted:

its true: cop culture is rotted from within. read about all the serpicos (also read serpico. or at least watch the biopic)

see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Schoolcraft

^^^

Seriously, Frank Serpico is a god drat hero and despite his heroism nothing has changed

T.S. Smelliot posted:

yeah but let's not kid ourselves about what your "self defense" scenario is - a fantasy where you kill somebody, and a fantasy that you are so committed to that you're willing to seriously risk your life and the lives of your family for the extremely remote chance you might get to live it out

it's not technically murder to defend yourself in your home with a firearm, but when you're statistically extremely more likely to kill yourself or a family member than you are a home invader with a firearm in your home it's pretty hard to take you seriously when you say your motivations are safety and security and not, you know, straight up murder

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 13:22 on Sep 26, 2017

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Secular Humanist posted:

There are lots of good cops

I'll let you know when I meet one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Good Cop INFERNO MODE EX DIFFICULTY CHALLENGE

Find a good cop who didn't die in mysterious circumstances that were inexplicably never investigated

• Locked thread