Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

A Leering Stalker sultan dungeon??

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Nah, I faction recruited a unique with 4980 hp and then gave him some boots with temporal fugue 6.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/resistentialism/screenshots/?appid=333640

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder how well they fit.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ptychomancer/status/915745199531237376

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Randomly generated recipes sounds great, especially if you start with a few and can learn more through the water ritual. I want to trade cooking tips with my fellow Qudspeople. :allears:

Ooooh... Hated by *race* for his lovely watervine and glowfish casserole.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

And to top off this salad of musket turret faces, add a dash of neutron flWHOOMP.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

This is literally the coolest poo poo ever and I will fight anyone (with less than four arms or lacks a paralyzing stinger) who calls this feature creep and not FEATURE NECESSITY.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hoping this involves a system like weightless tinkering bits for ingredients

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Will food do anything but satiate hunger? I like the idea of cooking, but really unless there's some actual benefit, I'd just eat raw boar and vinewafers and never think about it until I'm starving.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You have to imagine, right? Otherwise what's the point?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

A Strange Aeon posted:

Will food do anything but satiate hunger? I like the idea of cooking, but really unless there's some actual benefit, I'd just eat raw boar and vinewafers and never think about it until I'm starving.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
:five:

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

I love how you are doing a bunch of the cool poo poo with procedurally generated cultures that the Ultima Ratio Regnum guy talks about except you are actually doing it in an awesome playable game rather than something that's sort of an alpha tech demo without gameplay.

Edit: if using flaming hands gets you cooked meat from dead enemies, then that will make it better than freezing hands IMHO

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Yeah but if you kill a jelly with freezing hands you get sherbet

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Can you imagine the value of a camelback full of sherbet?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Holy poo poo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

please for the love of god we need a chef-oriented background for mutants where you're heavily skilled with cooking and related stuff and have various bonuses like poison resistance and maybe juicer to be able to stomach 2 stims at a time

also i guess short blade skills

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

please for the love of god we need a chef-oriented background for mutants where you're heavily skilled with cooking and related stuff and have various bonuses like poison resistance and maybe juicer to be able to stomach 2 stims at a time

:thurman:

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Johnny Joestar posted:

:five:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Make eating new things you've never eaten before give XP.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Make cooking really good meals out of rare ingredients give a bit of reputation with whoever you share the meal with. Let people play as Customs & Folklore super-cooks and become famous and beloved chefs and win the game by being so loving good at cooking that everyone just lets them pass in peace in exchange for the recipe for that dope starapple pie they brought to the Mechanimist potluck

e: Iron Chef cookoffs vs your evil twin

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Turning in new recipes somewhere, similar to the book turn in could also work. Also a value to them as well. Basically they could be like books, but produced with a skill and bits rather than found in dungeons on book cases.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if there's going to be a pseudo-randomly generated recipe system i absolutely 100% need to be able to start as an adventurer with relatively good cooking skills and a pack full of a weird assortment of crap i can use for making meals to let me get on my way of becoming the most famous chef to ever wander the wild world of qud

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

It's autocannibalicious!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hated by bathrumites for serving them a meal of their own faces.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I look forward to fungal infections becoming a pro-strat so that you can provide your own mushrooms for recipes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also, if a chef background is added i want it to only be for mutants, because true kin should know gently caress all about cooking with ingredients found out in the wilds of qud because they're weirdos who only eat the weird poo poo they know from their arcologies

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yo the lava arcology has magma seared mushrooms that stuff is choice.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
I want a third nipple mutation so when it inevitably gets torn off by madpoles I can cook and eat it.

Also this update will make regeneration op not a newbie trap, because you can keep regrowing limbs to bbq.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
  • Unseen creatures are now more active on the map. This means more dynamic behavior: creatures will often fight and kill each other before you find them.
  • Added a new artifact: spiral borer.
  • Added a new type of artifact: recoilers bound to one of the procedurally generated ruins or historic sites.
  • A bug introduced around the time of the water ritual update caused Oboroqoru's lair to fail to generate. We fixed the bug. The ape god is a myth no longer.
  • Added a new type of relic curio (for use when you are very angry at a faction).
  • Added a new effect for jewel-based historic weapons.
  • Added a new effect for glass-based historic armors and shields.
  • Rewrote the base item descriptions for historic relics from the fifth period sultanate. They now better convey what life was like for this late generation of Eaters.
  • Might-based historic relics now appropriately grant bonus strength.

TwoWordName
Jan 3, 2013

My one true hope for the recipe system is that all factions have favored secret ingredients so someday your own mutant can go down in history as hated by the Urchins for cooking a rancid meal. Also, so you can stumble across that one world seed where the Putus Templar will do anything for the sweet, cool flavor of leech.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Unormal posted:

• Unseen creatures are now more active on the map. This means more dynamic behavior: creatures will often fight and kill each other before you find them.
  • Added a new artifact: spiral borer.
  • Added a new type of artifact: recoilers bound to one of the procedurally generated ruins or historic sites.
  • A bug introduced around the time of the water ritual update caused Oboroqoru's lair to fail to generate. We fixed the bug. The ape god is a myth no longer.
  • Added a new type of relic curio (for use when you are very angry at a faction).
  • Added a new effect for jewel-based historic weapons.
  • Added a new effect for glass-based historic armors and shields.
  • Rewrote the base item descriptions for historic relics from the fifth period sultanate. They now better convey what life was like for this late generation of Eaters.
  • Might-based historic relics now appropriately grant bonus strength.

Somehow this game has gotten better every week for the past 10 years or whatever.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Unormal posted:

:monocle: Yesssssssss

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
I was pretty afraid of Golgotha. Just cleared it for the first time - it seems really easy with a flamethrower

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Torching/bombing your way through the bottom of Golgotha is definitely a good way to do it. Even if you don't want to clear it out for all those sweet, sweet scrap piles, it's good to have a way to clear slime out of the way so you don't get eel'd before you can grab a waydroid and recoil out.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
There's no way to get bits without taking Disassemble, right?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Correct, disassemble is a requirement to actually tinker.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Unormal posted:

Time to stockpile these and use them all on Putus and be a hero to basically everyone but snapjaws who consistently love them for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
I would love for there to be a category of Minor Mutations, many of which add nothing but flavour to character descriptions or have small or very situational effects. Could happen spontaneously to Mutants or when you do something specific or stupid and can appear on valid NPCs or monsters.

Extra nose(s) attached to other random body part, extra fingers, tumours, a fish fin (+100 rep with fish!) and so on.