Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mkay0 posted:

Dave is wrong about Jimmy Jacobs. Many companies would fire employees for doing what he did.

If Dave was in a lawsuit with Wade, and Craig was all over social media about how Wade was his friend, Dave wouldn't consider firing Craig? Come on.

Vince is absolutely a loving maniac, no doubt. Unquestionably. But Dave is wrong here.

a cease and desist is not a lawsuit. it's a letter. please cease and desist this post. now my post is a cease and desist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

a cease and desist is not a lawsuit. it's a letter. please cease and desist this post. now my post is a cease and desist

Not only that the cease and desist was sent after the photo was posted.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Jesus Christ shut the gently caress rovert none of this is interesting in the slightest and you just jam up every thread you post in with stupid poo poo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The real scandal is Dave didn't know anything about the 87 Secrets of Wrestling special.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Dave always underrates the new day, it's sad.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fluffdaddy posted:

Jesus Christ shut the gently caress rovert none of this is interesting in the slightest and you just jam up every thread you post in with stupid poo poo

:getout:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Fluffdaddy posted:

Then let's talk about something else.

Meltzer was right on about Neville besides not saying he was promised a heavyweight Raw push and WWE dragged their feet.

Anyone listen to John Pollock's take about Neville on a Review A Smackdown?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can you paraphrase it. is wai still doing those shows i think i would find them depressing

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...
I don't know where else to ask this, but does anyone else have issues downloading the Attitude Era Podcast on IOS? It's the only podcast that gives me the "Could not be downloaded at this time. Try again." error message. I've Googled this problem, without any luck, and it's been happening for quite a while.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

The real scandal is Dave didn't know anything about the 87 Secrets of Wrestling special.

Did he know that the secret to doing a legdrop is to land ads first so it only looks devastating

Gotta imagine that's be hell on your hips though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Unless you have first-hand proof that Jimmy Jacobs is on a drug relapse please stop "hinting" about it Rovert, thanks. That's a really lovely thing to spread about people whether it's true or not

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

quit freaking out on people so bad on here. My butt hole is too small for poop to come out of normally and it just fills up my insides until theres no where else for it To go and then starts snaking out of there for several hours once a month until theres more room. That takes up an entire day basicaly. You won't see me calling the cops about it

editing to say this post was not meant for any of you. it was a case of mistaken texting that Went onto here. The new look of the website is somewhat confusing. I'm leaving the original message because people like to get all excited if you delete old parts of a post and then they re-post it by quoting it and responding To it and that somehow means they've owned you. Bullshit as usual

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 12, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Unless you have first-hand proof that Jimmy Jacobs is on a drug relapse please stop "hinting" about it Rovert, thanks. That's a really lovely thing to spread about people whether it's true or not

I don't write for PWInsider.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

rovert posted:

Then let's talk about something else.

Meltzer was right on about Neville besides not saying he was promised a heavyweight Raw push and WWE dragged their feet.

I had it play in my ear at work today but I actually can't remember anything that was said!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Cavauro posted:

quit freaking out on people so bad on here. My butt hole is too small for poop to come out of normally and it just fills up my insides until theres no where else for it To go and then starts snaking out of there for several hours once a month until theres more room. That takes up an entire day basicaly. You won't see me calling the cops about it

editing to say this post was not meant for any of you. it was a case of mistaken texting that Went onto here. The new look of the website is somewhat confusing. I'm leaving the original message because people like to get all excited if you delete old parts of a post and then they re-post it by quoting it and responding To it and that somehow means they've owned you. Bullshit as usual

lol

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

rovert posted:

What did he say? John is almost always in lockstep with Dave, so if they have a different take, I'm curious.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Blasmeister posted:

Dave always underrates the new day, it's sad.

shane/owns got a quarter star more lmfao

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

rovert posted:

No poo poo. You're a creepy hack and always have been.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

rovert posted:

You don't write for anyone. If you did maybe you'd find that affirmation you desperately crave.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

How embarrassing

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Defiance Industries posted:

You don't write for anyone. If you did maybe you'd find that affirmation you desperately crave.

lol

"Many people on the board have a gimmick.... Rovert's gimmick is he's an idiot."

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Honestly rovert I've been wondering this for ages, why don't you like do a newsletter or at least a scoops twitter? Like you clearly want to be A Guy in the IWC and you have contacts so why not? But you mostly just post here, alluding to knowing things without saying them and acting as some kind of Meltzer Ombudsman

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Honestly rovert I've been wondering this for ages, why don't you like do a newsletter or at least a scoops twitter? Like you clearly want to be A Guy in the IWC and you have contacts so why not? But you mostly just post here, alluding to knowing things without saying them and acting as some kind of Meltzer Ombudsman
That would involve Rovert having to talk about anything concrete instead of saying "I know something might happen, wait for Meltzer to confirm" or "I know what Meltzer said is wrong but only vaguely say why"

e: I know Rovert has sources but the only things he ever really drops are signings/tryouts in NXT that nobodies ever heard of and it's rare he drops any kind of really major news before Meltzer or major internet rumors do

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 13, 2017

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Bill Goldberg posted:

rovert knew about pearl harbor two weeks before the deadly attack

To be fair so did FDR.

Well okay one week. Or so.

But still.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

stop harassing Rovert, I like his posts better than the chucklefucks that emerge to challenge him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rovert has been warned before not to make "I know something but can't say what it was but I absolutely do know something that nobody else does, only me" style posts and I've queued up a probation for him based on that. That's the end of the subject, move on - PM me if you want to discuss the subject further.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I wish to respond to that claim publicly as sincerely that wasn't what I was doing. I don't want to be probated.

coconono posted:

stop harassing Rovert, I like his posts better than the chucklefucks that emerge to challenge him.

I tried to change the subject and even stopped replying to this thread for that reason and reported them. Yet I am getting probated for something I didn't do. I can't win. I'll probably fail it getting my probation overturned and when the probation is over it will be an old issue.

I said what the situation was when news of Jacobs got fired broke the best I could say it given the sensitive circumstances: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837027&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=13#post477287873

How can I be "I know something but can't say what it was but I absolutely do know something that nobody else does, only me" -ing . Also, a lot of people in Wrestling knew before me - news of his firing and why circulated last weekend.

I wasn't showing off. If I wanted to do that I'd put Jimmy's full business out there. But it is a private situation and he's done nothing actually wrong.

Again I don't want to be probated and enjoy posting here. I don't like ignoring Jerusalem's request to move on either just it is near impossible to appeal a probation here and I do feel this one is unjust. The input from other posters on the justness of probations seems to fall on deaf ears too so I don't know what to do here.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

rovert posted:

I wish to respond to that claim publicly as sincerely that wasn't what I was doing. I don't want to be probated.

I tried to change the subject and even stopped replying to this thread for that reason and reported them. Yet I am getting probated for something I didn't do. I can't win. I'll probably fail it getting my probation overturned and when the probation is over it will be an old issue.

I said what the situation was when news of Jacobs got fired broke the best I could say it given the sensitive circumstances: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837027&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=13#post477287873

How can I be "I know something but can't say what it was but I absolutely do know something that nobody else does, only me" -ing . Also, a lot of people in Wrestling knew before me - news of his firing and why circulated last weekend.

I wasn't showing off. If I wanted to do that I'd put Jimmy's full business out there. But it is a private situation and he's done nothing actually wrong.

Again I don't want to be probated and enjoy posting here. I don't like ignoring Jerusalem's request to move on either just it is near impossible to appeal a probation here and I do feel this one is unjust. The input from other posters on the justness of probations seems to fall on deaf ears too so I don't know what to do here.

Chris Benoit killed his family, and I don't know how to feel about that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Was waiting for something like that lol.

I just saw what Meltzer said about Jacobs on his forum. While Mike Johnson said Jimmy took time off to deal with "personal issues". Meltzer just only said it was vacation time.

A big issue with this is that people aren't acting in concert me included when talking about why Jimmy was actually released. Again I distinctly wasn't "I know something but can't say what it was but I absolutely do know something that nobody else does, only me" -ing. It is moreso balancing presenting the facts of the story with respecting Jimmy's privacy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

How can I be "I know something but can't say what it was but I absolutely do know something that nobody else does, only me" -ing .

rovert posted:

Trust me the photo wasn't the sole reason Jimmy was fired there other major reasons why Jimmy was fired

This is what you're being probated for. You've been told not to post like this. This is not a difficult thing. Count yourself lucky you're only getting a day.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Should bring back the Grappling Insider Weakly for roveybaby

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

Also, a lot of people in Wrestling knew before me - news of his firing and why circulated last weekend.

Nearly everyone here is on the outside looking in when it comes to the BritWres/Irish/All Hail/SouthernGraps/Wishlist Wrestling Twitter Group DMs bubble, believe it or not the news circulating last weekend is also news to many of us

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rovert posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Lowtax defeated rovert by TKO in a Loser Leaves Town Match

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Lmao

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Lowtax posted:

Many users have contacted me to inform me you are insane. They appear to be correct on this issue. Feel free to return when you are not insane.

Can't wait to see how repackaged rovert will be with a non-insane gimmick.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

THANK YOU LOWTAX *clap clap clap clap clap*

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Contacting an admin to complain about a poster on a wrestling forum that you are obsessed with and constantly derail threads to talk about doesn't seem insane either

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

RIP Scoopsbot

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean, there's a reason he's been banned from like every other forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Moving on to topical matters, does the WOR dibiase interview get interesting at any point or is it just a sermon for its entirety?

• Locked thread