Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Berserk fury 4 arms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

So, 4x the crits? :V

Also, I finally found a big hands mod, on a carbide fist cudgel run, with a pair of ursteel 2h maces from a vortex.

Would the 2x ursteel beat out the uncapped punches?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Post poste posted:

Would the 2x ursteel beat out the uncapped punches?

You would need to have insanely high strength for it not to.

edit: especially taking into account mods

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Clever Spambot posted:

You would need to have insanely high strength for it not to.

edit: especially taking into account mods

Jawesome, time to dual wield stupidly big maces :D

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

How similar are the "Daily" builds supposed to be? I'm playing day 299 and I got a Mutated Human Arconaut, with Adrenal Control, Burgeoning, Psychometry and Sense Psychic - my friend here is playing the same Daily and got a Mutated Human Scholar with Adrenal Control, Burgeoning, Psychometry and Kindle. We are on the same builds but maybe I have mods installed and he doesn't? Just thought it was interesting that most parts were the same, and some different. Our attributes are the same too, allowing for differences between classes.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Stoca Zola posted:

How similar are the "Daily" builds supposed to be? I'm playing day 299 and I got a Mutated Human Arconaut, with Adrenal Control, Burgeoning, Psychometry and Sense Psychic - my friend here is playing the same Daily and got a Mutated Human Scholar with Adrenal Control, Burgeoning, Psychometry and Kindle. We are on the same builds but maybe I have mods installed and he doesn't? Just thought it was interesting that most parts were the same, and some different. Our attributes are the same too, allowing for differences between classes.

Should be the same but like prerelease content being enabled or any mods will change some outcomes. (Though as you noticed a great deal will remain stable.)

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Brutal daily challenge today as the stairs leading to the first level of Red Rock have tar on them and there is a snapjaw with flaming hands nearby. Immediate incineration.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
It's always funny when the game throws you something unexpected to keep you on your toes. I jumped down the waterhole and I heard machinegun fire and thought, "A turret? In the starter area?" but it was a Snapjaw with a chaingun. Pretty sure I would have died if it didn't die to collateral damage from a spitting vine.

Speaking of those vines, do they cause anybody else's game to chug? Several of those cookies firing on my screen and I'm cruising across really makes the game unhappy. My PC can, uh, handle Qud well enough.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

The seed spitting vines cause a big of a lag on my system too. It makes the "burgeoning" mutation pretty much unplayable. Though, having said that, I never really pick it anyway. It seemed more useful than I thought as I realised you get the XP from the stuff that a pile of spawned vines manage to kill.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My game's been kind of slow lately too but I don't know why. Thought it might've been related to the increased save file size as I explored the world, but that's just a random guess.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

super sweet best pal posted:

My game's been kind of slow lately too but I don't know why. Thought it might've been related to the increased save file size as I explored the world, but that's just a random guess.

If you have a save in a slow situation that's repeatable, I'd love to get it.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

:psyduck:

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I've got a data disk for a ruins recoiler and it says I already know the recipe, and I do know two different ones already. Each time I press the n key to try and learn it, the data disc description for which ruin it's supposed to build changes, but the name of the data disc stays the same.

... Actually the description changes every time I look at it.

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 27, 2017

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
If you choose to build from a data disk, what happens? I realize I always just learn from them.

Also, the weekly build was a fun setup. I'd never realized corrosive gas generation was so good to melt down walls. I stupidly walked right into a chute that was on the other side of a door in a ruin, falling underground into a small chamber pre recoiler.

So I gassed through a bunch of walls and managed to explore several underground areas looking for a way back to the surface before succumbing to a horde of earth worms I didn't maneuver around correctly.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

A Strange Aeon posted:

If you choose to build from a data disk, what happens? I realize I always just learn from them.

Also, the weekly build was a fun setup. I'd never realized corrosive gas generation was so good to melt down walls. I stupidly walked right into a chute that was on the other side of a door in a ruin, falling underground into a small chamber pre recoiler.

So I gassed through a bunch of walls and managed to explore several underground areas looking for a way back to the surface before succumbing to a horde of earth worms I didn't maneuver around correctly.

You make the item from the bits, and you retain the disk, but you don't learn the schematic. I guess if you wanted to make only 1 copy of an item, you could resell thr disk afterwards.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap9b6mwK8oU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

mitochondritom posted:

Brutal daily challenge today as the stairs leading to the first level of Red Rock have tar on them and there is a snapjaw with flaming hands nearby. Immediate incineration.

Owned for not walking up the waterlogged tunnel to the bottom of red rock at level 1, like a true Qud murderhead

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Mr. Lobe posted:

You make the item from the bits, and you retain the disk, but you don't learn the schematic. I guess if you wanted to make only 1 copy of an item, you could resell thr disk afterwards.

Oh cool! A lot of the non mod disks I could see doing that with.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Haha, I usually do that and sweep the first few layers to the end of the river. Just so that when I come back that way from Red Rock I know when I am at the end. Unfortunately the daily character generated wasn't the best and I was getting too roughed up by vines and stuff down there to safely continue. I went the overland route to my death.

~Just Qud things~

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Agg, first death I've given up to the rainbow woods. What kind of sludge confuses you? Cider?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Wine, too.

hand of luke
Oct 17, 2005

Mmmhmm, yes. I suppose I will attend your ball. Someone must class up the affair, musn't he?
  • Added a new fungal infection: mumble mouth.
    • "The mouths on your skin begin to mumble coherently, revealing the wisdom of a trillion microbes."
  • Added a new type of fungus puffer: brooding jadepuff.
  • Brooding jadepuffs now appear in fungal biomes and the Rainbow Wood.
  • Added a new type of book: advertisement flyers for legendary merchants.
  • Mayor Nuntu now starts with an advertisement flyer for a random legendary merchant.
  • The locations of legendary merchants are now properly included among the possibilities for secrets shared during the water ritual.
  • Added a new tile for starapple trees.
  • Historic relics that bestow Clairvoyance now work properly.
  • Fixed a zone build crash that occasionally occurred during the Raising Indrix quest.
  • Added much more behind-the-scenes support for the upcoming cooking system. Soon, soon...

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

hand of luke posted:

• "The mouths on your skin begin to mumble coherently, revealing the wisdom of a trillion microbes."

• Added a new type of book: advertisement flyers for legendary merchants.
  • Mayor Nuntu now starts with an advertisement flyer for a random legendary merchant.
  • The locations of legendary merchants are now properly included among the possibilities for secrets shared during the water ritual.

:allears: This is so cool.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

hand of luke posted:

• Added much more behind-the-scenes support for the upcoming cooking system. Soon, soon...

I've barely played since the glimmer patch but I'll probably come back for this.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

hand of luke posted:

[list]
    The mouths on your skin

Yep, ok. Fungal infections have gone too far :barf:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yep, ok. Fungal infections have gone too far :barf:

Contracted this today. Oh and it fills up with molten wax that periodically oozes off your face.

QUD :black101:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Please let us just self-amputate

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Please let us just self-amputate

I think the only real bad part about the current cure is having to hunt down whatever the run's worm is. Stockpiling gel and the random liquid is pretty straightforward.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I suppose I could go annoy madpoles til they bite off the right part

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

then you can pray to the eaters and they might gift you a new limb made out of supple banana flesh

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I actually found an enemy infected with this like a week ago but forgot to post it. Or rather, I slaughtered him and found his waxflab and wax covered lair.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd like it if trash piles were highlighted when pressing Alt since they're hard to see on some maps.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I had a dream last night about Qud. It had "meat pyramids" to go with the chrome pyramids; they were giant pyramidal blobs of mouths and tentacles with absurd psychic powers, and they subsisted entirely on the brains of their prey, like some kind of super-mindflayer. This being Qud, naturally meat pyramid brains were in turn a prized foodstuff for espers. I particularly remember seeing a couple of meat pyramids about to dine on miscellaneous creatures; they had cut off the top of the head with some kind of psychic thoughtblade, to expose the grey matter within. And then a wandering mutant had come along and somehow cut off the tops of their heads (the meat pyramids' heads, that is), and was about to dine on them. The fact that the brains of these creatures each massed about equal to the mutant notwithstanding, but again, this is Qud.

In other words, it's kind of shocking how readily Qud adapts to dream logic.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I got to that spindle place after b. Susa. Are those plant things supposed to look like people or is that unfinished content? Also, how the gently caress do you kill them and their wasp buddies? Place was a hard wall for my joke punching only build that ended up being my best character ever.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The waterline farmer icon is the placeholder icon. I assume the gelatinous palms will look like trees eventually

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I had a dream last night about Qud. It had "meat pyramids" to go with the chrome pyramids; they were giant pyramidal blobs of mouths and tentacles with absurd psychic powers, and they subsisted entirely on the brains of their prey, like some kind of super-mindflayer. This being Qud, naturally meat pyramid brains were in turn a prized foodstuff for espers. I particularly remember seeing a couple of meat pyramids about to dine on miscellaneous creatures; they had cut off the top of the head with some kind of psychic thoughtblade, to expose the grey matter within. And then a wandering mutant had come along and somehow cut off the tops of their heads (the meat pyramids' heads, that is), and was about to dine on them. The fact that the brains of these creatures each massed about equal to the mutant notwithstanding, but again, this is Qud.

In other words, it's kind of shocking how readily Qud adapts to dream logic.

This is canon.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it actually seems pretty fitting for -something- or other to try and disguise itself among chrome pyramids by pulling some discarded plating onto itself and floating around

once you damage it enough the plating falls away and whoops here come the gibbering mouths and psychic pseudopods

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Giant psychic hermit crabs wearing chrome pyramids and leering stalkers as shells.

Bonus points if the giant deathbot isn't completely dead yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I got to that spindle place after b. Susa. Are those plant things supposed to look like people or is that unfinished content? Also, how the gently caress do you kill them and their wasp buddies? Place was a hard wall for my joke punching only build that ended up being my best character ever.

If you find random stuff that looks like watervine farmers and clearly shouldn't, let me know. But in this case, if I recall correctly, the monsters themselves are placeholders, which sort of answers both of your questions.