Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
gonna see if I can scrounge up some recruits <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I haven't played a game of forums Mafia in literal years, but here I am. :spooky:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Gasp!

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."

peramene posted:

gonna see if I can scrounge up some recruits <3

I could be playing Throne of Lies instead right now. It even has a posession role that can take over other players when you die.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m starting to come around on boats

:spooky:

I will stop the boats. I think it's part of my job description now that I work for Newscorp.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
well I love my peanut gallery mechanic so I'll give it until 5 PM before we just roll the peanuts in and throw our hands up

it will be a fun game guys i promise, no surprises, honest

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Will the "post as someone else" mechanic come with like, instructions, or does it rely on us knowing the posting style of the rest of the players? Because I don't know most of you people.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

JoshTheStampede posted:

Will the "post as someone else" mechanic come with like, instructions, or does it rely on us knowing the posting style of the rest of the players? Because I don't know most of you people.

base your disguise on the first day of posting

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

JoshTheStampede posted:

I am the advertising genius behind Mafia campaigns such as "The Beaver Conspiracy", "LJ Hooker: The Real Enemy", "Betsy", and "Magical Snowglobe Baby".

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Ok, I’ll give this a shot.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

Ok, I’ll give this a shot.

my dude

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Revolver Anidav posted:

:spooky:

I will stop the boats. I think it's part of my job description now that I work for Newscorp.

There is no boat, only zuul

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I would like to share with all of you that I am doubledosing on my xanax and rolling up my goddamn sleeves, because tomorrow

is date day. We're going to a movie, and then to Disneyland. I'll be in a wheelchair all day. My darling husband will scoot me around so that I don't get exhausted to the extreme and/or have a paralyzing panic attack if a child asks for a balloon slightly louder than normal.

So today.

I am going to do the laundry. Alone. All of it. If I don't, I have to tell all of you that I failed. So now it's just an endurance challenge. survivors ready

go

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

xanax is bad.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

GulagDolls posted:

xanax is bad.

Eh, I dunno. I was on it in high school and it wasn't so bad. Ambien is pretty terrible though.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

GulagDolls posted:

xanax is bad.

emphatically agreed, I used to have an eidetic memory - now I'm lucky if I can do complex multiplication

or remember a birthday
or to take my pills in the first place

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Don't overdo It! Or you'll be too exhausted for date!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JoshTheStampede posted:

I haven't played a game of forums Mafia in literal years, but here I am. :spooky:

Come at me brooooooooooooooooooooooooo

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
QUARTERMILE

ELEVATOR

LAUNDRY ROOM

TIMER SET FOR SECOND LOAD BITCHES

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

peramene posted:

QUARTERMILE

ELEVATOR

LAUNDRY ROOM

TIMER SET FOR SECOND LOAD BITCHES

Most hype laundry run ever

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

TheBoat posted:

Most hype laundry run ever

son you don't know me yet

but one time I wrote a six (six? maybe three) thousand post in a scum game in which I revealed a BRILLIANT, MASTERMIND plot on the part of the unofficial leader of the scumteam - he was all but confirmed town, he was deeply respected, but some elements of his word choices... they reminded me of myself... some... elements of the way he lead every single lynch

it was then that I realized that the lynch, traditionally a town killing mechanism, was actually the only way to reliably kill who you targeted, because night actions had so many redirects - using a kill meant someone would die, but it might very well be you

when I made the post, I posted this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBWbpFz3wac this is both a Final Fantasy (the flavor of the game) joke as well as a joke about the gravity of my posts (i am somewhat infamous for very long posts)

then, when it turned out I was right, he used his killing ability at night on me. it was redirected to kashuno. kashuno had activated an ability that killed whomever had targeted him with a killing ability. i forget how i died, but i did.

so i posted this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buE_jLEZrf4 I enjoy adaptation and referential humor to make concrete points.

q e d

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TLDR, pera is an evil genius.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Revolver Anidav posted:

I am the advertising genius behind Mafia campaigns such as "The Beaver Conspiracy", "LJ Hooker: The Real Enemy", "Betsy", and "Magical Snowglobe Baby".

Stay out of my territory

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

peramene posted:

son you don't know me yet

but one time I wrote a six (six? maybe three) thousand post in a scum game in which I revealed a BRILLIANT, MASTERMIND plot on the part of the unofficial leader of the scumteam - he was all but confirmed town, he was deeply respected, but some elements of his word choices... they reminded me of myself... some... elements of the way he lead every single lynch

it was then that I realized that the lynch, traditionally a town killing mechanism, was actually the only way to reliably kill who you targeted, because night actions had so many redirects - using a kill meant someone would die, but it might very well be you

when I made the post, I posted this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBWbpFz3wac this is both a Final Fantasy (the flavor of the game) joke as well as a joke about the gravity of my posts (i am somewhat infamous for very long posts)

then, when it turned out I was right, he used his killing ability at night on me. it was redirected to kashuno. kashuno had activated an ability that killed whomever had targeted him with a killing ability. i forget how i died, but i did.

so i posted this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buE_jLEZrf4 I enjoy adaptation and referential humor to make concrete points.

q e d

Uhm.... welp

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

PMush Perfect posted:

The laundry must be a clue to the setup. Each night, another sock is lost forever to the dryer. Town are the paired socks, scum are the lonely and bitter unmatched socks out for vengeance. We should mass flavorclaim.

Retro Futurist posted:

Stay out of my territory

But you were the beaver conspiracy. :shrug:

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
I want a link to this mastermind game pera haha

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Revolver Anidav posted:

The laundry must be a clue to the setup. Each night, another sock is lost forever to the dryer. Town are the paired socks, scum are the lonely and bitter unmatched socks out for vengeance. We should mass flavorclaim.

I'm a 3P bra.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Revolver Anidav posted:

I want you to make your name into a palindrome

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Revolver anidina

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Moatillata posted:

Revolver anidina

anidina revlover???

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Xad posted:

anidina revlover???

Anidina revolover

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Moatillata posted:

Anidina revolover

:discourse:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

i used to pride myself on being lawful evil and then MMM pointed out to me that I was and have been neutral evil, and at first I was disappointed, but then I realized i oughta be happy as I can be in my own mind

i have almost accomplished my goal

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
i am taking one last xanax, hitting my maximum allowed per day

but it is done.

I have conquered the laundry. Six loads. Eight hours.

one survivor

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

peramene posted:

i am taking one last xanax, hitting my maximum allowed per day

but it is done.

I have conquered the laundry. Six loads. Eight hours.

one survivor
You did it! Don't die!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Okay is anyone else's roll PM just the first three chapters of Wuthering Heights?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Moatillata posted:

Okay is anyone else's roll PM just the first three chapters of Wuthering Heights?

No, mine is chapters 4 through 6.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

JoshTheStampede posted:

No, mine is chapters 4 through 6.

Mine is just chapter 5, but I've never read Wuthering Heights

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Mine is X-rated.

So it might be Wuthering Heights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

WELCOME, WELCOME, please, just help yourself to some hors d'oeuvres.

You're early! But that's just fine. No, no, I'll finish putting on my makeup and then I'll be right along.

Yes, it's very sad, what happened to Quidnose. He made certain I'd be comfortable after his passing, however. Kind of a joke but I suppose I really am a bit of a 'maneater' now, ha ha haha.

I know! What a fabulous room. It's bigger than the apartment. These... were all his guitars. Do you want a drink of water, huh?

Would you help me welcome the rest of the guests as they arrive please, darling? I'm going to have myself a quick bath and do something with this goddamn hair.

Oh, don't mind the bird. I just thought it would be nice to have some company. All he does is squawk. Anyway.

PMush Perfect posted:

You did it! Don't die!

N0 has begun.

• Locked thread