Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

BottleKnight posted:

how often do the scum do big flourishy anti-town plays out in the open on d1

it's possible but the WIFOM worms that infect my brain tell me to ignore it

a bad scum who is antsy about their cool ability

i guess it could be a bad town too so maybe im wrong but my instincts r leading me to scum and i think the only way to play a mgs mafs game is to follow my master instincts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hi I have a whole bunch of info to reveal

But I have a meeting in about 10min that will go all day

So let's see who checks in first.

Just putting this here tho for later referencing
YPM
Dad
Flerp

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Podima posted:

While you're here, would you mind elaborating on your reads that you dropped yesterday, please?

Yeah sure, give me a moment.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

There were no deaths last night because I was the NK target

But I did die~

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Infinitum posted:

But I did die~

Uh?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Infinitum posted:

But I did die~

are you a ghost dude

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

SirSamVimes posted:

NGO comes off as dumb rather than scum to me

I’m inclined to agree. I mean, someone had to deliver the hammer vote. I don’t like the sense of smugness that followed, especially since we didn’t learn anything about RF’s role/alignment.

Regardless, I sort of buy NGO’s day action claim:

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I'm supposed to have a day action that lets me hammer when someone has >50% of votes but I may have used it wrong
Having the ability to prematurely end the day has an inherent scum feel to it. Actually, this seems OP regardless of alignment lol. But I sort of believe NGO, only because that action is somewhat similar to my own, only mine is much more passive/has less implications.

Revolver Anidav posted:

great B-minus Cop Counterclaim of '17.

lmao god dammit. i was actually right about Glowku, he was scum in that game. i won’t deny that it was a poor play though. ughI was hoping everyone would forget about that game, I guess not.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hello, Inf. I am what you would call checking in

Also, for the record, I didn't flip flop on SSV and I don't know why Pod doesn't get that joke and it made me sad

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tired Morowitz posts frequently about going after a lurker. D1 posts about lurkers strike me poorly, and the brevity of these posts is also pinging me as a means of avoiding an error.

B minus:

b-minus1 posted:

yeah i gotta say this thread is moving slower than most day 1 threads. there really is no excuse not to post during early day 1, even if it is nothing more than a jokepost/vote. i wish there was a way to speed up day 1 a bit.., but for now we'll just have to make do. hopefully more people are active tomorrow

This is a weird post to have as your fifth post after game starts.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."

b-minus1 posted:

ughI was hoping everyone would forget about that game, I guess not.

Town still won and it was a really dramatic showdown. It was a good game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

I’m inclined to agree. I mean, someone had to deliver the hammer vote. I don’t like the sense of smugness that followed, especially since we didn’t learn anything about RF’s role/alignment.

Having the ability to prematurely end the day has an inherent scum feel to it. Actually, this seems OP regardless of alignment lol. But I sort of believe NGO, only because that action is somewhat similar to my own, only mine is much more passive/has less implications.

lmao god dammit. i was actually right about Glowku, he was scum in that game. i won’t deny that it was a poor play though. ughI was hoping everyone would forget about that game, I guess not.

I dislike this post as well. It feels very much like the take away is "NGO could go either way" with a soft claim in there. In particular, I dislike this soft claim because I know if *I* had a similar ability and I was town, I'd be very aggressive in figuring out what was up with NGO.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Going into meeting now. Will check in later to see what info people have to share :nyoron:

STONE COLD 64 posted:

are you a ghost dude

I am very much alive

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

votespam is kinda dumb to use d1 if you're town but it's really really dumb to use d1 as scum so i think ngo is okay for now

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

also agreeing with me is a massive scumtell because i am dumb as gently caress so pod is on my watchlist right noe

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I’d prefer he get in here and explain instead of evaluating solely based on him doing the thing

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

CCKeane posted:

Tired Morowitz posts frequently about going after a lurker. D1 posts about lurkers strike me poorly, and the brevity of these posts is also pinging me as a means of avoiding an error.

B minus:

This is a weird post to have as your fifth post after game starts.

I agree that it is weird, it's almost as if that post served a purpose other than complaining about how uneventful day 1 mafia games usually are.

Revolver Anidav posted:

Town still won and it was a really dramatic showdown. It was a good game.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Mord should do another one sometime soon (only without wills this time imo)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

I agree that it is weird, it's almost as if that post served a purpose other than complaining about how uneventful day 1 mafia games usually are.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Mord should do another one sometime soon (only without wills this time imo)

Be the change.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Hay everybody. Last 2 games I was in iirc were d1 nolynch which I felt was the most antitown thing ever. so rather than risk it this time I took action. I have other Things I Can Do Under Specific Circumstances but this was a once-per-game dealy. the hidden flip is not related to my action AFAIK.

so anyway who are we voting for today

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hay everybody. Last 2 games I was in iirc were d1 nolynch which I felt was the most antitown thing ever. so rather than risk it this time I took action. I have other Things I Can Do Under Specific Circumstances but this was a once-per-game dealy. the hidden flip is not related to my action AFAIK.

i want to vote mills but he isnt in this game

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Note: If JFisk doesn't do better by the time I get home from work I'm doing the balloon thing

that is still... several hours away

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
infi is liquid snake and now his arm is attached to ocelot obv

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
flerp why are you so bad as a lyncher? I thought you would be better as that role

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
makes u think

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

flerp posted:

infi is liquid snake and now his arm is attached to ocelot obv

so by this, i should vote ocelot?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Going into meeting now. Will check in later to see what info people have to share :nyoron:

I am very much alive

are you infected with FOXDIE if so i am so sorry i want to help yuo settle your affairs

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i think if u kill infi ocelot loses his arm but i havent read the mgs books so idk

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

St Evan Echoes posted:

also agreeing with me is a massive scumtell because i am dumb as gently caress so pod is on my watchlist right noe

But do you agree with yourself?

:thunk:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Alrighty well this makes me feel better about you at least.

Dunno what the gently caress is with inf tho

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gonna vote anidav if we cant figure anything out in a few hours. its my Default.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You just opened the game bird chill out

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anyway I didn't mean to lurk yesterday, y'all went from 0-100 in like 20 hours and I didn't realize it was deadline. Mea culpa

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

As far as the super hammer I agree that it seems insanely op for scum, I wouldn't vote at this point. It's not like he carried it in a scummy way either

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Okay that's one lurker scared out

##vote MysticalMachineGun

his posts include speculating about a modpost, saying infinitum is bad, then joke voting revolver right after we finally escaped joke hell

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
But Inf is bad

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

hell, same

but also emptyquoting "infinitum is bad" when it's demonstrably true is not actually adding anything

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

[B]##vote anidav

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Gotcha. Thank you for explaining your reasoning.

Hi RF, hope you join us again, because I suspect SOMETHING.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

How do you feel about NGO (non government organization) now?

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
I would also vote MMG, but I have more bad feelings about flerp. I think he may have finally rolled scum. Please don't let my gay dog continue to suffer.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

[B]##vote anidav

*arm twitches*

what's the matter, don't you recognise me, brother?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hello everyone. Been in a presentation all morning so haven't had much time to post. Apologies for lack of content D1, but I can't/won't read too much into joke postin' D1.

• Locked thread