Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Who the heck gave me a toucan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This is why there are never more than 2 listeners.

Just give me 100 tokens so I can turn this thing around.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Jerry Cotton posted:

This is why there are never more than 2 listeners.

Just give me 100 tokens so I can turn this thing around.

God, no.

In other news, the stream is now running in 192kbps instead of 128.

It's the futuuurrreeee.....

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Great news everyone!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Oh no we killed the server with Iron Maiden!

Belteshazzar
Oct 4, 2004

我が生涯に
一片の悔い無し
So Scuttle tweaked something and FLAC/MP4/OGG uploads are now working! (Or maybe were already working and nobody noticed....)

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Belteshazzar posted:

So Scuttle tweaked something and FLAC/MP4/OGG uploads are now working! (Or maybe were already working and nobody noticed....)

That's Awesome! Thanks for the info.

Scuttle_SE
Jun 2, 2005
I like mammaries
Pillbug
Soo... the server GBS.fm is running on is really old... It basically hasn't been updated since the site first started up, and it's starting to get a bit bothersome...
I would like to move the site "as-is" to a freshly installed debian-machine and in the process do a few things like add SSL to the site etc.
It's not a matter of updating the site per se, more like updating the platform it runs on

What I would need is basically someone or a couple of someones who fits the below criteria:

* Knows Python (2)
* Knows Django
* Knows Linux (Debian)
* At least familiar with MySQL/MariaDB
* Feels comfortable digging around in someone elses code

If you feel up to it and have a weekend or two to spare, please drop me a line either here on the forum or at scuttle [at] gmail.com

Scuttle_SE fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jul 22, 2017

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Of those things I only know my way around MySQL/MariaDB enough to confess here, so put me on the bottom of the list if you need another goon. :shobon:

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

Scuttle_SE posted:

Soo... the server GBS.fm is running on is really old... It basically hasn't been updated since the site first started up, and it's starting to get a bit bothersome...
I would like to move the site "as-is" to a freshly installed debian-machine and in the process do a few things like add SSL to the site etc.
It's not a matter of updating the site per se, more like updating the platform it runs on

What I would need is basically someone or a couple of someones who fits the below criteria:

* Knows Python (2)
* Knows Django
* Knows Linux (Debian)
* At least familiar with MySQL/MariaDB
* Feels comfortable digging around in someone elses code

If you feel up to it and have a weekend or two to spare, please drop me a line either here on the forum or at scuttle [at] gmail.com

i could possibly help out

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

:haw:

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

Belteshazzar posted:

quote:

Author: Jonnty <jonnty@gbs.fm>
Date: Wed Apr 6 02:30:23 2011 +0100

Added tentative flac/ogg/m4a/mp4 support

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

That looks pretty nice, but the 'wanna help?' link points to an invalid url. It's showthread.php?threadid=643e297579&pagenumber=90#post474608420 while it should be.. um, this thread?

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Merijn posted:

That looks pretty nice, but the 'wanna help?' link points to an invalid url. It's showthread.php?threadid=643e297579&pagenumber=90#post474608420 while it should be.. um, this thread?

Fixed now.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Came across GBS-FM on TuneIn but it doesn't work, bummer.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Radio Nowhere posted:

Came across GBS-FM on TuneIn but it doesn't work, bummer.

I'm trying...once again...to send a report to TuneIn with the correct stream url. Maybe this time, years later, it'll work.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish
Also you can add a custom URL in TuneIn, it's what I've been using on my tablet.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Merijn posted:

Sorry, I did a find & replace on '333' when I was doing the theme :D

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

Sorry, I did a find & replace on '333' when I was doing the theme :D

hahaha :bravo:

Woogles
Mar 23, 2007

hello

Scuttle_SE posted:

Long time lurker / listener here, willing to help. Dropped you an email.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Belteshazzar posted:

Fuckin finally!

I definitely wasn't able to upload FLACs or OGGs or something when I tried a couple years ago.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Fuschia tude posted:

Fuckin finally!

I definitely wasn't able to upload FLACs or OGGs or something when I tried a couple years ago.

Jonnty SAYS he did it back in 2011... Of course, I kind of doubt people not noticing if it worked so it probably didn't.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Would it be possible to run a normalizer on the stream if it's not already done? Come across a few quieter dongs lately.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

That would take all the fun out of the super-loud ones, though. :haw:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
A loss I'm willing to endure if it means Anal oval office doesn't get to rupture my ear drum before raping my ear canal.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

For those who care about mid-week listening, tonight my show begins its annual tradition of the Mary Lee Taylor program, featuring the ongoing story of Jim and Sally Carter and recipes from Mary Lee using PET Milk! It's part soap opera, part cooking show, and one Hell of a time capsule into the United States in the first half of the 20th Century.

quote:

Mary Lee Taylor: "For those of you who don't have an automatic refrigerator…"
Me: "'Automatic refrigerator'? What's she mean… HOLY CRAP! She's talking about iceboxes!"

quote:

Announcer: "Send a postcard to the Mary Lee Taylor Program, P.O. Box [___], St. Louis, Zone 1, Missouri."
Me: "Zone 1? Why does he keep using that? Where's the ZIP… hold on, 'ZIP' stands for Zoning Improvement Plan. [checks Wikipedia] Oh! ZIP codes only date back to the Kennedy administration!"

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery

Jerry Cotton posted:

The flaw is you should stop drunkposting.

I found your post from the schadenfreude thread quite ironic/amusing.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Looks like the GBS-FM station in Tune In Radio is fixed.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
GBS FM introduced me to Desert of Love, thank you.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Keru posted:

Well gently caress that poo poo.

Bees.mp3 has been unbanned. You Anal oval office Power Hour playing heathens will know my wrath.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

A GBS-FM without BEEs is a sad lie.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I will have to put together a jingle cats power hour to get everyone in the festive holiday mood.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I will retaliate by creating a Anal oval office Christmas album that's just '52 more poo poo songs' on loop for 12 hours. :black101:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Both of you can bite my rear end, it's Stripper Christmas Summer Weekend up in here!

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery
I don't like where this is going. No mention of grim frostbitten black metal :(

My walks through the winter woods may be compromised.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jormagund posted:

I don't like where this is going. No mention of grim frostbitten black metal :(

My walks through the winter woods may be compromised.

So add it?

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery
OK

My first three searches turned up nothing though.

Not sure if you should be encouraging this.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

So upload it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Be the change you want to see in GBS-FM. If it isn't uploaded, upload it!

• Locked thread