Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
I saved a new copy of the file to \\fileserver01\data\forums\ideas\projects\2017\2018\new projects\threads\SHSC\2017\IT Threads\A Ticket Came In\2018\threads\projects\ideas\forums\edits\revision2\FINAL\dontdelete\COPY2\Outline rev 2.docx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Guys I really liked the mockups we passed around of how the new thread is going to look but it's all messed up on my WebTV - I tried on my BlackBerry Pearl as well just to rule out the possibility of it being something on my end, and if anything that is worse.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I can't access the thread.

I'm having a hard time seeing my screen in general ever since the power went out please advise.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

tactlessbastard posted:

Butt-to-butt! Butt-to-butt!

buttcloudcoin

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Help I'm trying to access the thread from my woodland retreat but it won't load. Please make sure somebody calls me back as there's no data coverage out here so I won't get emails. Thanks!

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Inspector_666 posted:

I can't access the thread.

I'm having a hard time seeing my screen in general ever since the power went out please advise.

And another thing, why hasn't the power been restored? It went out three days ago, we sent an email to IT right away.

Some SLA!

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Also, with the power being out, the toilet is clogged. Can you fix that while you are over here anyway to fix the toaster?

Thanks.

I won't be available though, but I'll say that I'll leave the door unlocked, when in reality, I will lock it and complain nothing is fixed.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Judge Schnoopy posted:

And another thing, why hasn't the power been restored? It went out three days ago, we sent an email to IT right away.

Some SLA!

At least the beeping stopped yesterday, not sure if you did anything but thanks.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Thanks Ants posted:

Please send me a screenshot of the error message you are receiving

Hi Thanks Ants,

Please see attached the information you requested.

Thants,

Sirotan

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Sirotan posted:

Hi Thanks Ants,

Thants,

Sirotan

Can you please post this as a .doc file? I can't open the one you posted.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Sirotan posted:

Hi Thanks Ants,

Thants,

Sirotan

:golfclap:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Sirotan posted:

Hi Thanks Ants,

Thants,

Sirotan

:perfect:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Dunno-Lars posted:

Can you please post this as a .doc file? I can't open the one you posted.

Re: error message

Sorry about that! I'm attaching a .doc version, hope that helps.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Sirotan posted:

Please rotate 90 degrees and re-post, my head hurts from tilting to the side all day.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Sirotan posted:

Hi Thanks Ants,

Thants,

Sirotan

I've made some corrections and additional suggestion in RED

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Sirotan posted:

I'm sorry we're pinned to Word 97 due to some mission critical VBA. Could you resend as an SVG?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Jaded Burnout posted:

I'm sorry we're pinned to Word 97 due to some mission critical VBA. Could you resend as an SVG?

Automatic reply: Re: error message

I will be out of the office until Jan 2 and won't have access to email during that time. Please follow up with me on the issues I made into severity 1 tickets five minutes before leaving on vacation, when I get back.

Happy New Year!

Sirotan

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Data Graham posted:

The new thread should have social share buttons on every post.

Twitter Facebook Instagram LinkedIn Pinterest email Gmail G+ Snapchat Print Facebook Messenger

Don't forget Digg!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Re: A ticket came in... the cloud.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...
This thread is giving me chest pains

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I can't seem to open that document in Lotus Notes. Can you please come to the remote office and help us open that file? This is affecting production!

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
Guys my manager just sent me this and he needs it done RIGHT NOW can we get eyes on this?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Are y'all at least considering the environment before printing all that out?

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Literally laughed out loud.

Man that took time to write out I wonder if there's a handy acronym for it.

Edit: the last days of this thread are turning into a beautiful look back

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Super Soaker Party! posted:

Literally laughed out loud.

Man that took time to write out I wonder if there's a handy acronym for it.

I laughed audibly at this

ILAAT. Don't think it will catch on.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I laughed so hard and uncontrollably that I dropped to the floor and rolled around.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Yeah this thread is so much bullshit. That Renegret thinks they're the hottest thing since Snoopy. I heard they eat their own poop lol

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Weatherman posted:

Yeah this thread is so much bullshit. That Renegret thinks they're the hottest thing since Snoopy. I heard they eat their own poop lol

Weatherman attempted to recall this message on Friday, 29 December, at 8:36 JST

mewse
May 2, 2006

Aunt Beth posted:

Guys my manager just sent me this and he needs it done RIGHT NOW can we get eyes on this?

Is this final? If so, could we get someone to walk it over to IT and enhance the image in the middle - brightness, etc

Have a good new year everyone! Back on Tuesday!

Sent from my iPhone

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Aunt Beth posted:

Can someone get IT on the line to enhance this image and get rid of all the pixels? It should be easy I see those guys on tv do it all the time

E: new ticket; please move my post above the one before me, I posted first and I'm sure of it but the system glitched and is wrong

mewse
May 2, 2006

mewse will be away from the office from December 22 to January 2, inclusive. If this matter is urgent please contact the IT help desk as we have insured resources are available to provide uninterrupted holiday coverage.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Aunt Beth posted:

:allears:

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I saved a new copy of the file to \\fileserver01\data\forums\ideas\projects\2017\2018\new projects\threads\SHSC\2017\IT Threads\A Ticket Came In\2018\threads\projects\ideas\forums\edits\revision2\FINAL\dontdelete\COPY2\Outline rev 2.docx

I changed the font and margins so I saved it as Outline rev 2 FINAL.docx

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I broke something in the original file somehow so I copied all the content into Outline rev 2 USE THIS ONE.docx

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Ok everyone the file is missing from the folder who moved it

Shadow copies were disabled last week because the disk filled up and we can't order new equipment until 2018. Can everybody copy up their latest local version and we'll see which is the most up to date?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Weatherman posted:

*dials HR*

*hears Weathermans' voicemail*

*hangs up*

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Shadow copies were disabled last week because the disk filled up and we can't order new equipment until 2018. Can everybody copy up their latest local version and we'll see which is the most up to date?

I have "Outline rev 2 DNT USE THIS ONE FINAL 6942069 DO NOT USE JUST hahaha KIDDING USE THIS-v183 FINAL.docx"

mewse
May 2, 2006

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Can we make it so nobody can delete folders to prevent this from happening again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Can someone put a goddamn trigger warning in the thread title until all of this is sorted. I honestly think I might be having a panic attack.

• Locked thread