Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Kashuno posted:

I
D o n t
G e t
I t

Why would you say you think I'm town. The bad qualifier is irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Nah the bad qualifier is important duder

I think you are being weird and dumb bad but because of it I think you’re just Town who is not smart

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'm doing another catch-up post sorry

Slaan posted:

What I'm seeing is Tobbs trying to get basic information put out that that he thinks is useful for battlefield strategy.

Then Kashuno and others massively overthinking things and pointing to rules that may or may not actually work like they are claiming. I'll take more information, not making GBS threads on it, thanks.

tobbs' revelation seemed ill-thought out and spur of the moment much more than deliberately planned, so everyone who was focusing on the claim for whether it's pro-town or not is barking up the wrong tree (the answer is it's antitown, but not hugely so). Looking over all of his posts with the benefit of rest, I think he's more likely to be town than scum; the attacks on Kashuno in particular make me think reflexive, defensive town, which I think outweigh the negatives of the haphazard distraction-seeking (see: whatever the hell his vote on YPM was). Additional plus for seemingly being genuine about his mechanics speculation, as all the pieces of his posts fit into the "I preempted his insight, then got into a shoving match with kashuno" world

What you're claiming here is that it was cold-planned as a helpful thing rather than a "look at this shiny minor roleclaim" thing, which...that's unlikely given that his other posts are weird attacks, mechanics chat, or responses to other people

Moatillata posted:

Why did you do Texas first? That's what's weird to me. Imo priority one is sussing out the scum in our thread.

they had lots of answers while we, in jokephase, had basically nothing. Like yeah scumhunting hooray but unless you're real invested in TMM and MMT mirroring votes on one another for fun, there's not really much to be done there so early on

btw I like you and your desire to actually follow up on questions

Anyway, more:

I like MMT's vote on kashuno because I agree with her that Kashuno was looking at tobbs a bit skewedly (because of a real scumread or an affected one); I don't know that it's a fantastic case overall, but the vote itself is good

Truth Quark's post immediately following feels like it might be scum jumping on the "I called tobbs as town" train, making me feel better about tobbs and worse about TQ

Oh cool MMT's calling him out, I like her even more, and so is Quid too

I've seen enough to drop a ##vote Truth Quark, he's got himself tied to a whole lot of people right now even independent of my scumread on him.

Rest of my suspicions are Gamer, for...well, everything, Hats because of my previous small case and really not liking the dumb tautology he just posted, and I guess chaoslord because he hasn't done anything to shift my earlier read

going to go get drunk and shut my brain off now

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

Hmm bread I think you are bad town

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Nah the bad qualifier is important duder

I think you are being weird and dumb bad but because of it I think you’re just Town who is not smart

Calling me bad just means you don't know who I am.

Calling me town means you have a reason to think I'm not scum. What is it?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

50 pounds of bread posted:

Calling me bad just means you don't know who I am.

Calling me town means you have a reason to think I'm not scum. What is it?

Do you know who I am?????????
My reason to think you aren’t scum is scum wouldn’t post stupidly hinting at their logic without saying the thing. Town that sucks at the game would

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think your weird and schisty way of playing is indicative of Town not scum, if that’s not clear

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

That's rather naive of you.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Look fam I have played a hell of a lot of mafia so unless you gonna actually provide real meaningful content maybe stop trying to call me out

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You are arguing against me finding you Town ???

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Was away for most of the day, but I'm going to have to agree with the Kashuno side of things. I don't think Tobbs' initial post was inherently scummy, but the defenses of it since then have felt... what's the opposite of compelling? Uncompelling? Noncompelling? I think it's uncompelling.

I don't get this post. Kashuno is saying he thinks Tobbs is dumb not scum, which you are saying you agree with. But then you're saying that Tobbs followups are uncompelling. Does that mean you think he's being disingenuous? Town not scum? Are you purposefully not committing to making an alignment call on Tobbs here? What's the deal, Hats.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hey quid I called Tobbs scum and voted him in fact

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am even still voting him

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What the gently caress is this Kash/Bread argument

Bread, why are you purposefully antagonizing / trolling Kashuno? What purpose does this serve? I agree with him that up until you doing this poo poo you were looking like bad town but now I'm wondering why you're going this angle since you seemed to have just said that you don't really think Kash is scum anymore?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Hey quid I called Tobbs scum and voted him in fact

Wait, what? When? I thought you were leading the "nah he's just dumb" charge on him. Did I miss where you changed your mind on that?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

Wait, what? When? I thought you were leading the "nah he's just dumb" charge on him. Did I miss where you changed your mind on that?

Tbh I am torn on dumb/scum but he struck me as scum first and I’m stuck on it still

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

These are all the times you mention Tobbs after going hard on him:

Kashuno posted:

I’d be willing to buy the Tobbs is Town with really dumb opinions, becaus ethat is his style

That to me is a reversal of opinion.

Kashuno posted:

Oh my god look people he other thread is people who can read(?) and make battle plans off of what we post they aren’t loving robots. REVEALING SPECIFICS ABOUT YOUR ABILTIIES AND ROLES FOR NO GAIN IS NON TOWN SO PLEASE SHUT THE gently caress UP

Don’t @ me

I mean I guess you're saying he's scum here but you just said that he probably isn't so I read this as you just telling people not to argue about this anymore because Tobbs isn't right about it? It easily aligns with your "yeah maybe he's just dumb" post above.

Kashuno posted:

It doesn’t matter if there are ways to do it that help town if he objectively picked the one that helps everyone but town

Again, this isn't really alignment indicative.

Kashuno posted:

Big king man backin up my opjnik. And everyone hold s his opinion higher than than mine so maybe now people will realize TOBBS WAS WRONG

And neither is this.

You have not mentioned him since then. It's a little weird given your post history you're acting like I should have known what you were talking about here, because...you definitely are not being clear. I didn't realize you were still voting him because I thought you changed your mind???

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Who's being anti-town now :rolleyes:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wasn’t accusing you of anything or picking a fight, just pointing out that I did in fact call Tobbs scummy and vote him because it seemed you missed that, which you admitted to!

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Yes, because I am frankly quite scummy if you read my post history.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Omg you should die just so you can shut up with this stuff

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
he's probably drunk

it's that time of the year

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

Uh, ok. I spent most of that discussion talking about Slaan and why I thought he was scum, not sure how you draw this conclusion from that exchange. But if thats your opinion I'm happy for you?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Gamerofthegame posted:

he's probably drunk

it's that time of the year

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Omg you should die just so you can shut up with this stuff

This is exactly the kind of thing people say before I solve an entire game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

50 pounds of bread posted:

This is exactly the kind of thing people say before I solve an entire game.

Well, please proceed.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

GeneX posted:

I'm doing another catch-up post sorry

tobbs' revelation seemed ill-thought out and spur of the moment much more than deliberately planned, so everyone who was focusing on the claim for whether it's pro-town or not is barking up the wrong tree (the answer is it's antitown, but not hugely so). Looking over all of his posts with the benefit of rest, I think he's more likely to be town than scum; the attacks on Kashuno in particular make me think reflexive, defensive town, which I think outweigh the negatives of the haphazard distraction-seeking (see: whatever the hell his vote on YPM was). Additional plus for seemingly being genuine about his mechanics speculation, as all the pieces of his posts fit into the "I preempted his insight, then got into a shoving match with kashuno" world

What you're claiming here is that it was cold-planned as a helpful thing rather than a "look at this shiny minor roleclaim" thing, which...that's unlikely given that his other posts are weird attacks, mechanics chat, or responses to other people

they had lots of answers while we, in jokephase, had basically nothing. Like yeah scumhunting hooray but unless you're real invested in TMM and MMT mirroring votes on one another for fun, there's not really much to be done there so early on

btw I like you and your desire to actually follow up on questions

Anyway, more:

I like MMT's vote on kashuno because I agree with her that Kashuno was looking at tobbs a bit skewedly (because of a real scumread or an affected one); I don't know that it's a fantastic case overall, but the vote itself is good

Truth Quark's post immediately following feels like it might be scum jumping on the "I called tobbs as town" train, making me feel better about tobbs and worse about TQ

Oh cool MMT's calling him out, I like her even more, and so is Quid too

I've seen enough to drop a ##vote Truth Quark, he's got himself tied to a whole lot of people right now even independent of my scumread on him.

Rest of my suspicions are Gamer, for...well, everything, Hats because of my previous small case and really not liking the dumb tautology he just posted, and I guess chaoslord because he hasn't done anything to shift my earlier read

going to go get drunk and shut my brain off now

Okay I'm sated with this response, Prospero ano chingons

Gonna have to go back through and read but not right now gonna pass out for now

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
happy new year nerds

havent read the thread yet so no hot takes

generic opinion anybody pushing for an early dump or voting people to -3 or below is ultra scum

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Kashuno posted:

—-

Pretend for a second that I think 50 is scum and convince me he’s town

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Kashuno posted:

Tobbs this is a weird reach even for you. I’m saying the tank claim is similar to a BT claim because of the following:

“I can take a beating but not do much damage” is similar to a VT claim, in that you have given the opposing team a lot of information without helping Town much. It tells their team to either ignore you and spread their attacks elsewhere, OR to bang you down in a massive attack. It ALSO tells the scum team in our thread information about who not to target with their abilities because you outright stated you are low damage and therefore unlikely to assist much in terms of killing the other side. You gave both the other thread and the scum team far more information than you have given Town, and furthermore painted yourself in a way that the other team could ignore you in combat

Not good for Town, very good for not Town. You are therefore not town

Also I feel like this got swept under the rug but I think it’s the scummiest post in the thread.

Kash - why would a scum Tobbs use the thread to signal anything to his team instead of using his scumdoc?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

happy new year nerds

havent read the thread yet so no hot takes

generic opinion anybody pushing for an early dump or voting people to -3 or below is ultra scum

I don't like this post because it feels very much like a 'Hey, I'm in this game!' post.

Also, I don't believe anyone in this thread has mentioned getting an early hammer or putting real pressure on someone with a lot of votes. However, when I was skimming the other thread last night, I did notice that Bif made a post about early hammers and not wanting her thread to push people past -3 or so without checking with her first.

So it also kind of reads like maybe PMush is more interested in the other thread rather than this one.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I don't know about todos mes cabañeros ITT but I had some mighty fine horse riding and tequila drinking for New Years Eve. And now I'm off to Siesta until 15h30

Viva Mexico :mexico:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Also I feel like this got swept under the rug but I think it’s the scummiest post in the thread.

Kash - why would a scum Tobbs use the thread to signal anything to his team instead of using his scumdoc?

This is a really good catch. What’s the deal, Kash? You can’t have been on the fence about Tobbs as you were initially going full tilt at him with a hard scum read.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Kash's response to fiddy is weirdly defensive.

That said, I don't think Kash is scum right now.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Murmur Twin posted:

Why would scum Kash be the first to wave the around the "make no claims at all" flag and do so immediately? In a mafia game, sure, that establishes town cred because scum is just going to NK anyway, but this isn't mafia, it's a soldiers game. Getting people to soft claim roles like that is incredibly useful to the other side, to the point of basically giving them the game imo. I don't think that's worth a town-read as scum.

Kashuno reads as town to me in general, although admittedly he always does, but I feel that point in particular sets him up.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

Tobbs Gnawed (5): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, PMush Perfect, Kashuno, Monathin, Quidthulhu, Gamerofthegame
Gamerofthegame (2): Murmur Twin, Max Peck, Monathin, Monathin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Quidthulhu (1): chaoslord
Kashuno (1): Truth Quark, chaoslord, Max Peck, TMMadman, 50 pounds of bread, chaoslord, 50 pounds of bread, Max Peck, Slaan, Truth Quark, TMMadman, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Truth Quark (1): GeneX
SalTheBard (1): Hal Incandenza
Slaan (1): 50 pounds of bread, Gamerofthegame, Truth Quark, Gamerofthegame, 50 pounds of bread
TMMadman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
The Lord of Hats (0): GeneX, GeneX
chaoslord (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
50 pounds of bread (0): Slaan, Slaan
GeneX (0): OMGVBFLOL, Kashuno, OMGVBFLOL, Kashuno
Your Personal Muse (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
OMGVBFLOL (0): GeneX, GeneX
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Murmur Twin (0): TMMadman, chaoslord, chaoslord, TMMadman

Not Voting (13): 50 pounds of bread, Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane, Flying Leatherman, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Moatillata, OMGVBFLOL, SalTheBard, The Lord of Hats, TMMadman, Tobbs Gnawed, Your Personal Muse :rubshands:

With 25 people still alive, it takes 13 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 02nd, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

When Shine surfaced in New York City during the height of Prohibition, people naturally compared it to the most similar thing they were already drinking - moonshine. (Naturally, that led to its naming.) But when Shine came to Mexico, people had a different comparison in mind... tequila. Whether it was an apt likeness or not, that mattered little to small distilleries eager to get out of the flooded (soaked?) tequila market and make something new. Thus, as Shine rose to prominence in Mexico, tequila began to decline.

It was one such recently-converted distillery in Celaya, caught up in its new Shine creation and experimentation, that caught Pancho Villa's eye while out on an early morning ride and gave him the spark of an idea that would change the world forever...

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I agree with TMM re: PMush. I also have a suspicion on TQ but I forget why. I am going to have to do a deep read on him today

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Kash's response to fiddy is weirdly defensive.

That said, I don't think Kash is scum right now.

This is basically where I'm at. He gave me the scummy response, but for some reason I'm not digging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
##unvote

still no internet

this sucks

• Locked thread