Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

flerp posted:

why did i wake up to infi claiming unstoppable rolecop doc dayvig?

You didn't wake up, you died of alcohol poisoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
gently caress and i only had one beer :(

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It only takes one.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
anyways my initial reaction is infi is dumb (may or may not be scum) and anidav is pinging me but this based off of skimming and not reading some posts so this could be wildly off base (likely tbh). i still gotta drive an hour back home but when i get back watch out for some hard hitting reads!!!!!!!!!!!! or shitposts idk

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Tell you what, Inf. Here is a list of 4 possible targets I think would be cool to rolecop:

Cat
RF
Prince of Space
Drunk Nerds

Cat and RF obviously have not shown up yet to claim anything at all about their battle preferences. Prince and Nerds have already willingly claimed more than most about the flavor of their abilities, or hinting at background.

Pick one, and then for the love of Kakyoin keep your mouth shut about who you picked and their power levels or whatever, and just focus on whether you can find a contradiction to report tomorrow.

Yes M'lord

And if/when I get a result akin to MURDER DEATH KILL TEXANS?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Yes M'lord

And if/when I get a result akin to MURDER DEATH KILL TEXANS?

Then first, just report the name of the ability that sounds super suss, and we can all debate whether or not you're having an Alex Jones moment :cheeky:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I bet it will be the Spanish. Nothing is more suspicious than Spanish.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

I would not rely on this at all. Our characters living near the Mexican border may very well be well-versed in Spanish, or we could have some Hispanic members of our army who are fully loyal. lol hey pera/Pod, my phone wanted to autocorrect that to Loyalist

Also, I'm sure Pod would not want our thread to get such easy flavor-solve opportunities. Not when a Mexican rolecop in a game of English speakers could not assume as easily that an English ability name points to a Texan.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Anidav posted:

bASQUE

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

The Ninth Layer posted:

Regarding the other voters on me, they are all bad but at least with Xad and pera I get the sense they are exploring suspicions they are not fully committed to.

Of all the dumb poo poo you have posted (alot) this is probably the dumbest, why are you trying to pardon Xsd’s hedgy non scumhuntign rubbish?

quote:

Regarding people that are not voting me I don't like Slasher trying to have it both ways on me at times or calling pera/Xad lurkers which they definitely aren't, or if they are then two thirds of the game are lurkers.

id say the figure is closer to three-qUarters

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Natural 20 posted:

Inf

Inf is playing in the exact way I would expect Inf to play town, especially if he's got abilities he thinks he can use well. I'm noting this from the way he acted in DBZ Mafia and Megaman Mafia when he was town with a weird ability set. I don't think there's anything here that makes me think he's suspicious beyond just being himself. Further, a much fuller and more informative investigation can happen tomorrow since he's already claimed rolecop.

I feel like Inf is frequently a high variance player, he either hilariously ruins scum or completely misfires and blows up his own side and I feel like I'm okay with gambling.

Venom Soag

And with all that being said:

I absolutely loathe everything about this post and the case on Inf that stems from it. Not only is it just wrong in its assessment of Inf, it's just a horrible thing to have in a game to begin with.

Let me be clear, I do not give a poo poo about winning or losing relative the enjoyment I get from playing a game of mafia and being friends with the people here.

This and the related posts run counter to basically everything I believe about how mafia should be played. I wish being an rear end in a top hat was indicative of being scum, but unfortunately it's not.

That said, voting someone because they're "Bad at Mafia" when the opposite is true is so moronic that I can't just let that go.

##vote Venom Soag

votign big boss for rrasons other than his alignment is anti-town and anti-dismomd dog, I bet you’re cipher too ##vote Natural 20

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Xad's vote on TNL is crazy bad and lazy. defensive votes always equal scum.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Anidav: I don't have too much of a read on him right now but their "confusion" over the rules/strategy reminds me too much of Quid for me to like.

b-minus1: Has posted far less than I thought they would considering previous performances. I'd mostly give them a pass due to New Year's, but their last post was one of those "oh wow look how many posts I have to read" posts with zero followup. That feels a bit scummy.

busb: Their reads seem genuine, I'm fine with thinking of them as town for now

curiousCat: They haven't posted once, but gave reasons before roles were assigned as to why that might happen. Null tell.

Drunk Nerds: Hmm. They seem to be contributing, but I'm not getting a concrete idea of their opinions yet. I'm wavering between "town-ish" and "slightly suspicious"

flerp: I feel they should case more, but they've stated themselves that they're holding off 'til Day 2. Make of that what you will.

iajanus: Not enough posts, null tell

Infinitum: Oh my god that loving copclaim. Still, going over their other posts, They're giving opinions and making, well, 1 case, which is more than a lot of people. Leaning town for now.

Jeabus Mahogany: Brilliant posting, brilliant reads, just all around a star player. 10/10 Super Town

Little Mac: Okay so he starts off defending Prince of Space but then his next two posts are attacking Prince of Space with little reason for the turnaround. THAT'S WEIRD

Mithross: Mostly null tell but again their last post is a "look how many posts I have to read" post and even claims it as the reason they might miss deadline. I don't like it

Natural 20: I wasn't feeling great about them until they started actually making cases. I like them a lot better now.

peramene: I'm not seeing anything that makes me think scum

Prince of Space: Their flavourposting makes it hard for me to figure them out. Immediately thinking of Xad as town is definitely bad, but I don't know whether that's dumb or scum. I would like them to start giving real reads.

Retro Futurist: No posting, no excuses. In a regular game I'd be tempted to let them get podruled out but in a soldiers game there's a greater need for communication

SirSamVimes: Very content-light. A lot of questions early-game, with the rest mainly being light commentary on the current major discussion. The fact that they're willing to put a vote down on Soag sticks out to me, but I'm not sure why. Bears further observation.

SLASHER HAWKE: There's a lot of interaction and opinions here. I think Town

STONE COLD 64: He's only made three posts. His case on Inf is both questionable and prophetic. It's the kind of argument that you can only really make Day 1 when there's no actual posting to go on, and I still don't like it. Null read for now with a request for him to post more.

The Ninth Layer: I'm going back and forth on this. There are times where I feel he's got valid points and times where I feel he's just trying to shout down the opposition. I'm conflicted, will probably need to go over it with a finer-toothed comb separately.

Tired Moritz: Mainly pushing for a lurker vote, but giving other opinions as well, mainly about Xad. Leaning town

tithin: I'm getting good vibes from their posting, little as it is

tpink: It's barely anything, except for

tpink posted:

Yah sorry I’m dumb.

look at what he's responding to, look at what he'd posted before

is this a scumslip? This feels like a scumslip

Venom Soag: I think he's pissed town, perhaps in both senses of the word

Xad: There's not much substance here. What there is feels at best "okay". Slightly suspicious.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
yeah, natural 20's vote on venom is very bad because they are literally doing the same thing that they are accusing them of

lol

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

To summarize I think both Little Mac and ##vote tpink have some explaining to do

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Of all the dumb poo poo you have posted (alot) this is probably the dumbest, why are you trying to pardon Xsd’s hedgy non scumhuntign rubbish?

id say the figure is closer to three-qUarters

It would be stupid of me to assume everyone voting me is scum. But yes Xad keeping their vote on me is incredibly lazy and bad.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
##unvote

nnnnnno it is not good after all

god drat it coc claim
god drat it loving with me on purpose
god drat it opop

prepared to vote inf at ma's direction
prepared to vote literally anyone loving with my name just out of spite

also I'm changing my mind bif, put me in tonight. I want to punch something

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I agree Bifauxnen. I feel like something might be there if Infinitums role works like he says it does. I just want a hilarious gotcha moment of Infinitum flipping a clearly Mexican person.

Scientifically abbreviated to CMP or CMP's.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok folks

We got 27 hours from this post, I'm considering this open season for trying to get someone lunched.

I'm hoping Cat and RF will join us before deadline, but I don't want to wait around for them to check in and then start trying to wrap the day up afterwards. We must proceed without them.

Let's get moving.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

tpink: It's barely anything, except for

look at what he's responding to, look at what he'd posted before

is this a scumslip? This feels like a scumslip

yeah i asked about tpink about this in the scumdoc

no it was a joke i made literally the same joke like right before this post

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

flerp posted:

mafs edit

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

peramene posted:

##unvote

god drat it coc claim
god drat it opop

you are riven with indecision

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Btw that also means make sure to get your day actions in. That means you too Inf, if after all this grief you don't even submit your action in time I swear to god

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm happy on Xad for now. Let the lurker rules handle RF & co.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

flerp posted:

It's still not very clear, but I'll tentatively accept this explanation. I'd still like to hear from the man himself. Either way, they've still barely posted anything and I'd be alright with eliminating them right now.

I'll ##vote Little Mac instead until he can explain his inconsistency

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i think this is infi scum. over the top but not really aggressive. his role is probably has some aspects of it that are true, but is exaggerated. his rolecop ability can be scum aligned. his unstoppable ability can be scum aligned. his dayvig can be scum aligned. idk why infi would ever claim as much as he has d1 esp with the role he supposedly has. i think its infi just trying to run a gambit on us and im not falling for it.

im putting my eggs in the basket ##vote infi

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

would vote nat20, xad, b- today and pera hasn’t really convinved me shes town this morning either

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm down for voting xad. Defensive vote on TNL which is a bad bandwagon imo and irritating accent posting.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah, natural 20's vote on venom is very bad because they are literally doing the same thing that they are accusing them of

lol

lol I caught this too.

“I hate when people do this but luckily I’m a huge hypocrite and a rotten judge of character”

cool story, 20.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's a bit odd for N20 to play devil's advocate for Infinitum too.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

peramene posted:

##unvote

god drat it coc claim
god drat it opop

What's the story with the name? A few people have mentioned it off hand now

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Btw that also means make sure to get your day actions in. That means you too Inf, if after all this grief you don't even submit your action in time I swear to god

I have my action in on someone already, whom I have been suss on.

I will update before the end of the day.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

tithin posted:

What's the story with the name? A few people have mentioned it off hand now

if you call her Pergamene she gets all Ring Doki Doki on you

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Venom Soag posted:

lol I caught this too.

“I hate when people do this but luckily I’m a huge hypocrite and a rotten judge of character”

cool story, 20.

Your case is bad and you're just being straight up nasty. I don't know what exactly Inf did to you, but it's not something I really want to see in a mafia game.

If that makes me a hypocrite fair enough.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

##vote Xad

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Sorry that I haven’t been active.

I sort of believe infi’s rolecop claim, but I’m not sure why he felt the need to claim d1. I’ve never played a battle mafia game before, so I’m not sure how common it is to have non-battle abilities in this game.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm fine with switching to Xad if needs be

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Anidav posted:

It's a bit odd for N20 to play devil's advocate for Infinitum too.

Scum laying the groundwork for a sympathy lynch maybe. Make a bad but philanthropic case and see who bites.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Holy hell this thread is positively a hug box compared to our rivals camp :staredog:

Also pmush has claimed to be some sort of ultimate sniper who can shoot anyone anywhere, should we kill her now or take her back to base?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
this is the comfy thread

I rather not think too much about battles. Can't trust whatever they're saying as the 100% truth.

• Locked thread