Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

something posted:

It's supposed to cap at 50 , but for some reason i had it cap at 60. If it isn't fixed already, it will be next build. As for your energy speed idea, I actually like that. Then I don't need long winded and weird explanations to confuse them.

Oh, it does cap at 50, it's just that nothing happens when I try to buy it. That's definitely fixed at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Falcon2001 posted:

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to do anything special other than 'come back in a couple days'.

If you're doing it offline, make sure you've got enough mana regen relative to the number of spells you've got set to autocast simultaneously. It's a bit of a wonky formula for spell uptime while offline autocasting, look it up.

If you're doing it online, well, just make sure you're getting full uptime.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Danaru posted:

Did anyone figure out what int does in Succubox? I remember it being kinda an unknown factor the first time I played, and I'm giving it a second go

Pretty sure it was just something like more experience.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Vonnie posted:

weak :( although I managed to remember how to craft the gun of thyself around level ten so skill points have become largely irrelevent :v:

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.
NGU bug report:
Checking auto-cast on Blood Spaghetti adds to the bonus every second but doesn't actually consume the blood. I donated 1 trillion overnight!
Power boost 100 has a typo of 'Boos" instead of 'Boost" in the description.

Yggdrasil ratings:
Gold (5*) - Extremely useful without being overpowered.
Power (0*) - Pointless, gives a meaningless bonus to stats now. Even the original version that doubled your stats wasn't necessarily enough to get an extra boss kill until tier 3.
Adventure (4*) - A nice, solid reward worth a decent chunk of xp.
Knowledge - (2*) Scaled a bit too strongly in the original version, but now it's just... not worthwhile. Something like 'xp awarded by your highest ever boss kill' as the base value seems better.
Pomegranate (3*) - The tier^2 scaling on upgrade costs makes this fall off hard as a source of seeds compared with upgrading lower tiers and harvesting after overnight runs, but I expect it to come back after the lower tiers hit their max upgrades.

NGU Skills, ordered by awesomeness:
Gold: Obviously the best.
Power: Extraordinarily helpful for speeding up the beginning of challenge runs, particularly the harder ones.
Augments: Solid bonus, especially when combined with the bonuses from No Augments challenge.
Wandoos: Small but useful bonus. By the time you can do anything meaningful with Wandoos you can easily get 100 levels in it. This might end up extremely strong in the long run.
Respawn: Maybe this would be worth getting once all the others are at level 10k?

(Adventure: Someone who has had this available while pushing through the adventure tiers will have to give an opinion. It seems pretty strong, though.)

I needed some 1 hour climbing runs to push the 24 hour challenge and the most optimized run I can come up with uses every tab in the game... even Wandoos! (I guess I don't use NGU but that doesn't really help you climb...) In general, it's pretty cool how you can get a few orders of magnitude from all the different independent game systems and they all come together nicely. Progression is really smooth since you can improve any of the individual pieces to increase your overall power measurably.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vonnie posted:

Yeah, it's just an exp multiplier. It's actually worthwhile to put a couple hundred points into it and then obviously you never care about STR once everything gets going so it's kinda just strictly better.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

peepsalot posted:

How do your skills "grow"? Have I just not unlocked the capability yet or am I missing something? How does attack power ever increase? I just got the LMG and it barely touches these assholes before it runs out of 100 shots. Haven't seen any pistol yet.
Thyey don't grow, sorry that was vague wording on my part. The higher-level skills do more damage comparatively to the higher level enemies than the low-level skills do to the low-level enemies. The LMG sucks hard, but the Pistol is the next Soldier unlock, and then you get the Grenade Launcher, both of which were my main weapons all the way into the end. They both use ammo and have a 5-second cooldown, but the significant jump in damage per-shot makes combat not feel like such a grind.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
Antimatter Dimensions: Broke infinity for the first time, cool. Trying to figure out the 8th autobuyer challenge since that's supposed to be faster than a 1ip normal run.

Do I just smack "sacrifice" every time I bump my tickspeed? That seems to be the replacement for dimension boost. I'm assuming I don't restart at all until I break infinity, since boosts and galaxies do nothing.

E: No, hit for that challenge hit sacrifice at 2x over and over and over, occasionally "pushing" for faster tickspeed. You end up hitting M 3-4 times then S and eventually just M/S/M/S/M/S/M/S as fast as you can until you crunch.

Harik fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jan 4, 2018

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

NGU: Small consistency / QoL thing. Attack / Power is always listed aboved Defense / Toughness except on the Adv. Training page where toughness is first. I was stable and but kills were taking awhile in 2D and put it in the wrong one for an overnight. Also while you are there you have wandoos speed dump and wandoos magic dump, Shouldn't the first be wandoos energy dump? Or does speed increase both magic and energy and extra good?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

NGU: The last augmentation's tooltip says it needs boss 27 killed to unlock it, but it needs boss 28. Not sure if it's the tooltip that's wrong or the unlock, but a head's up regardless.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Armory & Machine is cool, thanks for the rec. I'm a sucker for anything with a good mobile interface (also I'd easily pay $5+ for Trimps in app form, dang)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

NGU: I just got my first Seed. I assume I need to get this to Level 100 before it does anything?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Klungar posted:

NGU: I just got my first Seed. I assume I need to get this to Level 100 before it does anything?

Like wandoos read the tool tips control click to use. It opens a new feature.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Y'know I just realized something. In NGU I have no idea what the Wandoos bonus actually applies to.

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.

DaveKap posted:

Y'know I just realized something. In NGU I have no idea what the Wandoos bonus actually applies to.

It's a multiplier to your attack and defense, so 1000% gets you one more boss kill, 10,000% is two more boss kills, etc.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

what's the point of the sky in NGU again? i know it's slightly weaker than the high security base but the base has the new gear.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sky is good for farming up your Forest amulet and is better than Cave for boosts.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

Sky is good for farming up your Forest amulet and is better than Cave for boosts.

I've grinded up almost 20,000 forest amulet levels with sky. It's really nice for that. You get more boosts in 2D and seems pretty equal to clockwork, but that could just be kill speed.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Numberwise pixaal's got it right, by 2D you get better boosts provided the same kill time.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I'm starting Adventuring in Technomancy and what the heck do the Magic Orbs do? I know one is for the Warp Drive, one of them gave me fuel, but one always says it's not the right time to use it whatever situation I try it on. Also these logic puzzles are way more amusing at the moment than I think they probably should be. And do Sandcastles actually do anything?

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
RNG gods are with me. Running an LF build and got 5 Blacksmiths in a row. :stare:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
No one's seemed to have posted a link to NGU anywhere I can't find it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

D34THROW posted:

RNG gods are with me. Running an LF build and got 5 Blacksmiths in a row. :stare:

:stare:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

No one's seemed to have posted a link to NGU anywhere I can't find it.

Something has posted it several times. You must be logged out of Kong to play https://www.kongregate.com/games/so...d168e96b3c297ef

It has to do with the beta mode he's using.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

So I'm at R16, e73 gems, and can't figure out the Elf Research part of the pre-A plot. Am I just supposed to focus on maxing out RPs as Elf for a bit before focusing on the gems to reincarnate? I do want to spend rubies to reset my excavs just to gain the e8 FCs to Max out the facilities.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

D34THROW posted:

So I'm at R16, e73 gems, and can't figure out the Elf Research part of the pre-A plot. Am I just supposed to focus on maxing out RPs as Elf for a bit before focusing on the gems to reincarnate? I do want to spend rubies to reset my excavs just to gain the e8 FCs to Max out the facilities.

Make an Elf build that is mainly focused on FC chance, that should get you there. You'll have to wait longer than the 3 minutes your fairy build probably needs to run but you can do it without excavating IIRC.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Don't know if this has been mentioned... but NGU suggestion:
Reclaim All button for both energy and magic

With all the different places to put your energy and magic, if there were a button you could click to unallocate everything (except for training) that would be great.

edit: OR put an indicator on the feature tab that currently has energy/magic allocated. Maybe color in the background the color of what's allocated, or like a small circle that is larger depending on the proportion of what's allocated. I don't know.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 5, 2018

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

GrossMurpel posted:

Make an Elf build that is mainly focused on FC chance, that should get you there. You'll have to wait longer than the 3 minutes your fairy build probably needs to run but you can do it without excavating IIRC.

I just checked back and had enough to max out the facilities. Back to gems! Why does e72-e75 feel like a bigger slog than anything else yet?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Garfu posted:

Don't know if this has been mentioned... but NGU suggestion:
Reclaim All button for both energy and magic

With all the different places to put your energy and magic, if there were a button you could click to unallocate everything (except for training) that would be great.

edit: OR put an indicator on the feature tab that currently has energy/magic allocated. Maybe color in the background the color of what's allocated, or like a small circle that is larger depending on the proportion of what's allocated. I don't know.

Added this for next build. Tap R to reclaim all Energy except in training, Tap T to do the same for Magic. I can change the keys if they're dumb.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

something posted:

Added this for next build. Tap R to reclaim all Energy except in training, Tap T to do the same for Magic. I can change the keys if they're dumb.

Awesome

Yeah whatever key you decide works, just throw it in the tooltip when hovering over the main energy/magic displays

edit: this one

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Garfu posted:

Awesome

Yeah whatever key you decide works, just throw it in the tooltip when hovering over the main energy/magic displays

Didn't think to do that, crud. thanks for the reminder fellow somethingawful forums poster

edit: and they're in.

something fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 5, 2018

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Speaking of NGU I recently started messing with getting the time machine to 50 speed, the display says "50 bars a second" when you have 25+ which is inaccurate this requires 49, when you are 50+ the bonus gold multiplier adds up correctly to the GPS total. I'm not sure if it's actually adding the correct value but it is multiplying it by 50 bars fills/s for the GPS total displayed.

So either a display bug and/or an actual issue. Maxing it out and getting the bonus multiplier during my commute netted me some pretty crazy gold totals. Which is good because I felt I was falling behind and had hit a wall, I just needed to shift strategy. I am definitely near the end of content though I have a maxed out 2D set (other than special) and back filling clockwork since I completely skipped it with adv.training during Christmas and not rebirthing but checking in a few times a day for several days.

You also didn't mention in the patch notes that you added new bosses to ghost / paranormal zone whatever it ends up being.

e: that new reclaim all feature sounds amazing, I wasn't going to suggest it because it felt "gamey" and like I was doing something wrong. That's a great QoL feature.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

D34THROW posted:

I just checked back and had enough to max out the facilities. Back to gems! Why does e72-e75 feel like a bigger slog than anything else yet?

Maxing out the facilities has some nice flat bonuses involved, but the main aspect is that it unlocks the individual research upgrades up to the facilities' level (or more accurately, it makes them available to be unlocked by upgrade-specific tasks, similar to secret trophies or challenges).

R16 is a giant point where you pause, unlock the facilities, max out the facilities, and then unlock all those individual little upgrades within the research tab. Only when you've unlocked most or all of those should you shift your attention back to grinding gems and reincarnating.

You may find this link helpful: http://musicfamily.org/realm/R16Guide/

Once you get all those unlocked, you can buy 4+ upgrades per facility each time you abdicate, and the upgrades themselves are what really gives research its kick. Actually sailing through to e75 gems to reincarnate is very trivial once you do that (hell, the next few Rs will just fly by).

In future Rs, get your gems up high enough that you can reasonably afford to re-max your facilities (the cap goes up each R), and then unlock any new research upgrades the pop up as you do so. A few of them can be kicked down the road if you're still easily hitting R gems, but sometimes it's worth pausing to do some unlocks.

Vil fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 6, 2018

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

pixaal posted:

Speaking of NGU I recently started messing with getting the time machine to 50 speed, the display says "50 bars a second" when you have 25+ which is inaccurate this requires 49, when you are 50+ the bonus gold multiplier adds up correctly to the GPS total. I'm not sure if it's actually adding the correct value but it is multiplying it by 50 bars fills/s for the GPS total displayed.

So either a display bug and/or an actual issue. Maxing it out and getting the bonus multiplier during my commute netted me some pretty crazy gold totals. Which is good because I felt I was falling behind and had hit a wall, I just needed to shift strategy. I am definitely near the end of content though I have a maxed out 2D set (other than special) and back filling clockwork since I completely skipped it with adv.training during Christmas and not rebirthing but checking in a few times a day for several days.

You also didn't mention in the patch notes that you added new bosses to ghost / paranormal zone whatever it ends up being.

e: that new reclaim all feature sounds amazing, I wasn't going to suggest it because it felt "gamey" and like I was doing something wrong. That's a great QoL feature.

I tested levelling time machine speed from 0 to 50 and the display was correct at every point. Could I be possibly check out your save?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

something posted:

I tested levelling time machine speed from 0 to 50 and the display was correct at every point. Could I be possibly check out your save?

Yup, found one, goes to gold per bar (display) 50 early, it's at level 23, should take 2-3 minutes if you drain the energy from everything else first.

https://pastebin.com/h9cKL0C4

e: if you find an issue with the file I'll get you a newer save, that ones a few days old I believe. My more recent ones had my level already too high.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 6, 2018

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

pixaal posted:

Yup, found one, goes to gold per bar (display) 50 early, it's at level 23, should take 2-3 minutes if you drain the energy from everything else first.

https://pastebin.com/h9cKL0C4

I didn't get 50 displayed but rather 25, which is still wrong. Think I got it fixed now though so thanks!

Another 1000 or so bugs fixed and this might just become playable for the average player.

As an ITRTG aside, holy poo poo is the day baal challenge reward useful for the PMC.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Then I'm not sure what I'm seeing.

e: bad crop job, also stats are old I have double the EN now for anyone trying to gauge how far ahead we are.
e2: I really didn't like the image I redid it

pixaal fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 6, 2018

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

I played Soda Dungeon about a year ago, had fun with it, and then stopped after a few months. I randomly saw it again recently and it seemed to get a lot of updates since then. Can anyone tell me what's new? I definitely liked the game, but had reached the "end" of the content when I played.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

pixaal posted:

Then I'm not sure what I'm seeing.

e: bad crop job, also stats are old I have double the EN now for anyone trying to gauge how far ahead we are.
e2: I really didn't like the image I redid it

Oh while we're on this tab, the yellow bar is not affected by the anti-flicker setting. And maybe check bars in other tabs for the same thing; Augments appear to be affected but it's hard to tell when I don't have the numbers to sustain speeds for more than 20 or so iterations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

NGU: What does repeatable EXP drop boss mean? The titans? The normal bosses? The adventure bosses?