Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This is all boring also Fiddy is scum (sorry buddy).

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'm solo parenting and not sure if I'll be able to be functional for deadline.

Thoughts on people who have votes on them

b-minus1 - not sure here. I think the vote on 50lbs was sincere. however it was followed by like three backtracking essays. would vote to avoid nolynch.

quid - ok, I'm thinking that quid is scum, potentially with b-. TO ME, it seemed clear that b- wasn't saying definitely there were 4 scum in game. I think quid was light bussing them, or zeroed in on them, then it got out of hand and disappeared. imho, prime lynch target.

aa - like I said before, lots of content, I don't think a good d1 lynch.

hal - suspicious. posted above " I keep looking but no one has said anything interesting" when frankly a lot of interesting posts have been made. and other than that, no contribution... this is my second choice for lynch.

chic - I don't think is scum. not getting that "vibe", good d1 content. I think aa's vote on chic is misguided.

## vote quid

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

CCKeane posted:

No you're the scum dodgeball guy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

50 pounds of bread posted:

No you're the scum dodgeball guy.

Nice OMGUS.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Right now I am just laughing about all the discussion being revolved around me. Am I scummy, or are the people who vote me scummy?

Initially I didn't like you kind of defending me by questioning bee movie, but then bee movie responded in the oddest way of ever forever.

Now AA is weird because he said the smart thing, then turned it into the dumb thing, but why?!

Then chic is like, hey AA, the thing you did before the dumb thing was weird, but the dumb thing is weird too so take this, then he went aha-chacha and did that thing.

Then flurpee was like, hey I'm a bug fluffy rabbit, don't kill the bees, and now I'm like, whaaaat?

I called this out earlier - I don't like this post. It's like... Surprisingly unhelpful and doing nothing. But feels like 50 wants us to think it's helpful. 50 warrants a closer look depending on quid/b- situation imho

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I hadn't considered Quid. I might give him a quick read once I get home from work.

These "I'm here the game is just boring" posts smell like bullshit, Keane's especially. Hal's at least contributing an original thought, but Keane is here in only the most token way possible. If he wanted to post in joke phase, he could have done so for several days. Dropping in now, when his presence is crucial, but with such a weaksauce, reasonless vote and a jokey tone?

Add Keane right onto my "would gladly vote" list.

I don't think I'll be voting Chic under any circumstances. I already explained my town read, and her being extra prolific is even more of a reason not to, imo. Also not voting GooaT for obvious reasons.

Other than that, I'm lacking many other strong convictions at the moment, but I'm gonna try to narrow that down by deadline. Expect more train of thought posting over the next couple hours.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

@Hal yeah i'm trying to post more this game, mostly by thinking less about each post before i make it

that + i have actual time to post atm is contributing to me being wordier than usual

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

I hadn't considered Quid. I might give him a quick read once I get home from work.

These "I'm here the game is just boring" posts smell like bullshit, Keane's especially. Hal's at least contributing an original thought, but Keane is here in only the most token way possible. If he wanted to post in joke phase, he could have done so for several days. Dropping in now, when his presence is crucial, but with such a weaksauce, reasonless vote and a jokey tone?

Add Keane right onto my "would gladly vote" list.

I don't think I'll be voting Chic under any circumstances. I already explained my town read, and her being extra prolific is even more of a reason not to, imo. Also not voting GooaT for obvious reasons.

Other than that, I'm lacking many other strong convictions at the moment, but I'm gonna try to narrow that down by deadline. Expect more train of thought posting over the next couple hours.

Much of the posts made happened while I was at work. I have been through this many times. Insisting that people post during the work day is bad.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CCKeane posted:

have you considered that the power to make it unboring might be in your very own hands???? (it's called the post button)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Chic Trombone posted:

@Hal yeah i'm trying to post more this game, mostly by thinking less about each post before i make it

that + i have actual time to post atm is contributing to me being wordier than usual

Well I like it!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Chic Trombone posted:

have you considered that the power to make it unboring might be in your very own hands???? (it's called the post button)

My posts are great.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Insisting that people post during the work day is bad.

:agreed:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

not everyone has a job where they can post a lot on this comedy internet forum

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

This is in no way an alignment call on Keane, I just think going "and WHERE is (x)" during working hours if they were there the previous night is bad and unfun in general

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

THIS TWELVE PERSON GAME????

##vote b-minus

It is weird that this seems to be a serious vote from Quid. I don't see how b-minus's post that seemed like a joke could turn into a case for quid. I would assume Quid was joking too but he also doubled down by saying something else b-mius did was scummy later. Totally seems like lazy scum quid trying to turn a joke into a case.

##vote Quid

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Chic Trombone posted:

This is in no way an alignment call on Keane, I just think going "and WHERE is (x)" during working hours if they were there the previous night is bad and unfun in general

Yeah it's my biggest pet peeve. I don't work at a desk.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Chic Trombone posted:

Agreed!

Way too soon to have an opinion on Keane, but he also gets mad about this every game so I don't see it as an attempt to dodge content or anything.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'll claim. I'm comod of this game, if you execute me the game ends without a winner.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

The points on Quid are fair and i'll give them a read shortly

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Chic Trombone posted:

The points on Quid are fair and i'll give them a read shortly

Quid has also barely said anything this game, which is kind of weird for him, although he isn't super afraid to post as scum usually.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Quid has also barely said anything this game, which is kind of weird for him, although he isn't super afraid to post as scum usually.

Also I trapped him in a cage of perfect logic.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Votecount for Day 1

b-minus1 (2): Quidthulhu, PMush Perfect, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, 50 pounds of bread, PMush Perfect
Quidthulhu (2): CCKeane, flerp
Anomalous Amalgam (2): got off on a technicality, Chic Trombone, PMush Perfect, got off on a technicality
Hal Incandenza (1): got off on a technicality, 50 pounds of bread, got off on a technicality, 50 pounds of bread, got off on a technicality
Chic Trombone (1): 50 pounds of bread, 50 pounds of bread, Anomalous Amalgam
Derby Ghost (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
50 pounds of bread (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
got off on a technicality (0): 50 pounds of bread, 50 pounds of bread
flerp (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
CCKeane (0): Chic Trombone, flerp, flerp, Chic Trombone

Not Voting (4): b-minus1, Derby Ghost, Hal Incandenza, NevergirlsOFFICIAL

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 17th, 2018 at 9 p.m. PST -- that's in about 4 hours, 40 minutes.

Here's this btw

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

CCKeane posted:

I'll claim. I'm comod of this game, if you execute me the game ends without a winner.

##vote keane end my suffering

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Read Quid and yeah, I can see it. It's not my strongest scumread (that's still AA) but I'd vote him

Derby Ghost
Jan 13, 2018

A real piece of work.
Hip hop hoop.

Here's the scoop.

##vote AA

Posts bad.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I called this out earlier - I don't like this post. It's like... Surprisingly unhelpful and doing nothing. But feels like 50 wants us to think it's helpful. 50 warrants a closer look depending on quid/b- situation imho

can you please explain what you mean by the "quid/b- situation"

I agree with you that 50 pounds has been entirely unhelpful since the beginning of the day, and nothing has changed my opinion, but I'm failing to see how this is related to what you call quid/b- situation, especially considering your previous post:

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

b-minus1 - not sure here. I think the vote on 50lbs was sincere. however it was followed by like three backtracking essays. would vote to avoid nolynch.

quid - ok, I'm thinking that quid is scum, potentially with b-. TO ME, it seemed clear that b- wasn't saying definitely there were 4 scum in game. I think quid was light bussing them, or zeroed in on them, then it got out of hand and disappeared. imho, prime lynch target.

## vote quid

So you believe my vote was sincere but still have no problem voting to kill me to avoid no lynch. You also think quid and I are scum partners and he was light bussing me yesterday. please explain why my scum partner would disappear when things get out of hand. also, What is your read on 50 pounds?

Keane's recent posts are suspicious af. Votes Quid, says 50 pounds is scum but doesn't vote.

just fyi I have a meeting with my boss right now but will almost certainly be around near the end of the day. i'll try to be back asap. before i go, this is where i stand. sorry gotta be brief:

neutral read: derby ghost, technicality, Hal, pmush or AA.
would vote: 50 pounds, quid, NGO, keane
lean town: chic, flerp

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Nooooot a fan of that driveby vote

Derby Ghost
Jan 13, 2018

A real piece of work.

Chic Trombone posted:

Nooooot a fan of that driveby vote

Toot toot.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

What do you think about the other cases happening in the game?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My apologies, Keane. Objection withdrawn.

Derby Ghost
Jan 13, 2018

A real piece of work.

Chic Trombone posted:

Bad honestly. They read like flailing around and jumping on dumb bullshit which I mean D1 in nutshell. AA's posts read real bad and is insulting to recreational acid users.

10/10 would vote again.

Derby Ghost
Jan 13, 2018

A real piece of work.
Let's play a game. If you had a gun that could kill one person and make the other one live forever. Who would you choose??????????

Kill - AA so I can judge what people have said in view of his bloody horrifying murder. Lotta content but poor content.
Save - Keane because I want that sassafrass to be with us forever. Forever. FOREVER. Also because if they die I can't shittily play mafia again. I'll go to my grave. Wishing I could gently caress up more.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Derby Ghost posted:

AA's posts read real bad and is insulting to recreational acid users.

10/10 would vote again.

Derby Ghost posted:

AA's posts read real bad and is insulting to recreational acid users.

10/10 would vote again.

Quote it twice cause it so nice.

I still think bee movie is the baddy, and the votes are sailing away like enya.

Derby Ghost
Jan 13, 2018

A real piece of work.

I still think bee movie is the baddy, and the votes are sailing away like enya.

Fun story: That Album By Enya was one of my college roommate's favorite albums so he would play it all the time when he was studying.

sail away sail away sail away.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Chic Trombone posted:

Quoting for emphasis.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Derby Ghost posted:

Let's play a game. If you had a gun that could kill one person and make the other one live forever. Who would you choose??????????

Kill - AA so I can judge what people have said in view of his bloody horrifying murder. Lotta content but poor content.
Save - Keane because I want that sassafrass to be with us forever. Forever. FOREVER. Also because if they die I can't shittily play mafia again. I'll go to my grave. Wishing I could gently caress up more.

Love you too, friendo.

Derby Ghost
Jan 13, 2018

A real piece of work.

PMush Perfect posted:

Quoting for emphasis.

Play my game. Coward.

I have reread most of the thread since someone is being rude. I think that there wasn't much to the 50 lb. joke votes. B has been playing super defensive, but both Musha nd B were leaning heavy into meta to defend both of their actions. I said frustrated town yesterday in my very quick read and past Ghost is a dumb because I'm not so sure now. Is there any actual other case out there besides B? Because everything else seems like straight goofin.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I would kill God and make myself live forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derby Ghost
Jan 13, 2018

A real piece of work.

CCKeane posted:

Love you too, friendo.

Ghost hugs right at ya.

CCKeane posted:

I would kill God and make myself live forever.

Finally someone's taking this seriously.

• Locked thread