Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

No I get that but I’m saying in general, when you try to spell stuff out it all gets very garden path-y, which is why I think people read you as scummy a bunch.

all the recent games I've seen with YPM are scum games though, I don't even know what his town game looks like

while I get the "Tobbs just sounds weird" case, and the "Tobbs is making too much of a show about how he totally doesn't care about getting lunched, you guys" case, the "Tobbs seriously feared I had an n0 cop" case is so odd and superfluous that if Tobbs did flip scum at this point, I'd still consider YPM for scum pulling a super hard bus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Just did the Airbuster fight, loving the music in this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Just did the Airbuster fight, loving the music in this.

FF7 has some of the loving best battle music, yeah. Even just the regular battle theme might be my favourite out of any FF.

I'll be especially pleasantly surprised if you also appreciate this one special boss theme that I think gets underrated or forgotten compared to others.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Bifauxnen posted:

FF7 has some of the loving best battle music, yeah. Even just the regular battle theme might be my favourite out of any FF.

I'll be especially pleasantly surprised if you also appreciate this one special boss theme that I think gets underrated or forgotten compared to others.

I’ll keep an eye out. Loving the story and characters so far, doing the whole meeting Aeris thing at the moment and I’m kinda surprised at what a nice normal character she is. Very sad because I know how this ends up :(

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
hey

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

tithin posted:

It is bad, because bandwagoning is bad. you gotta own your vote and have good reasons to vote. day 1 bandwagoning is really loving bad because scum are gonna hide in that vote for sure and later couch the mislynch as "oh well it's day1!!!"

I just dislike early pushes on day 1 because it favours scum more than town, that's it

there were what five votes out of thirteen on someone (bif?) when you made this post, what is this manufactured nonsense

Do you actually think people are just going to merrily pile up eight more votes without even thinking about it?

Natural 20 posted:

I actually agree with you. We've kinda stormed straight through jokephase a lot earlier than I would have anticipated, which seems odd to me.

The thing is, if you're anti-town and driving this, I don't understand what exactly you get out of it. imo that's probably the more interesting puzzle at this point in time.

This feels like Jafarposting, especially the first line.

Your Personal Muse posted:

Tobbs is probably a jester i don't know just not town

Why is your first guess a 3P and not scum when you say "not town"

PMush Perfect posted:

Hi there's 250 posts since I last checked the thread, is jokephase over? How far back should I read?

This is a scummy move, it doesn't take that much time or effort to catch up - I just skimmed over the same amount of posts. Why are you asking other people to dictate your engagement?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Asphyxious posted:

I’ll keep an eye out. Loving the story and characters so far, doing the whole meeting Aerith thing at the moment and I’m kinda surprised at what a nice normal character she is. Very sad because I know how this ends up :(

fixed

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I just reread Tobbs and I'm not seeing it, this feels like normal Tobbsian paranoid play with a bit more shitposting than usual. If he's town he'll pick it up before EOD2.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
how did i summon podima

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

I have reason to believe there are multiple cops in this game.

Was this a sincere post, Asiina? It's embedded in jokeposting but feels notable.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If Moat doesn't make a game-related post or two before EOD it's his scum game again.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3848100&userid=107055

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I read Truth Quark over, he feels fine to me too.

This actually makes me concerned:

Asphyxious posted:

4th ping, it’s TQ. This is the best lunch to be had today.

TQ was jokevoting YPM for the jester thing. That's flimsy justification to cite for "This is the best lunch to be had today" and I dislike the attempt to push the thread in one direction this early on D1.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I think I'm gonna ##unvote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

Was this a sincere post, Asiina? It's embedded in jokeposting but feels notable.

It was a joke because multiple people were claiming cop. I'd quote, but phone posting.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

I read Truth Quark over, he feels fine to me too.

This actually makes me concerned:

TQ was jokevoting YPM for the jester thing. That's flimsy justification to cite for "This is the best lunch to be had today" and I dislike the attempt to push the thread in one direction this early on D1.

Yes, that vote from TQ on YPM certainly was a jokevote. It pinged me too at the time, from TQ it was a notable step backwards from all this serious posting involving both him, and the person he was now voting for to go back into jokes while other people are seriously trying to figure out YPM and Tobbs.

So you really can't feel the TQ case at all? How about when Gaspy brought up how the "lol Bif so crazy don't listen to her" posting not only felt weak and forced but personally bothered him, and in case that felt like posturing to TQ, I myself also stepped in to say that would normally bother me too (if it didn't feel so fake and scummy :v:) TQ had no response to that at all. Couldn't even bring himself to make a quick comment in passing like how he meant nothing by it, that's how much he wanted to dodge the whole thing entirely.

And if 5 jokevotes on me makes you think "bah whatever it needs 8 more, must be super fake to care about that" Wouldn't someone that only me and Gaspy actually casing need a lot more push and rallying the troops to get bloody anywhere close tp a lunch? Why are you so concerned, Pod?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

there were what five votes out of thirteen on someone (bif?) when you made this post, what is this manufactured nonsense

haha what is that question mark

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hmmm, while I was skimming and catching up on everything, and passed this post that had the live VF pic on it and wouldn't even be displaying the vote from that time anymore, somehow I still managed to stay aware that the count was exactly at 5 *snort* for somebody, but hmmmm who could be possibly be piling up all those votes, I cant even remember if this person is in the game, sheesh, better check the postcounts or something

ok yeah, that question mark DOES feel very manufactured

##vote Pod

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Bifauxnen posted:

hmmm, while I was skimming and catching up on everything, and passed this post that had the live VF pic on it and wouldn't even be displaying the vote from that time anymore, somehow I still managed to stay aware that the count was exactly at 5 *snort* for somebody, but hmmmm who could be possibly be piling up all those votes, I cant even remember if this person is in the game, sheesh, better check the postcounts or something

ok yeah, that question mark DOES feel very manufactured

##vote Pod

see this is what I'm talking about, this is gibberish to me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Juchero posted:

see this is what I'm talking about, this is gibberish to me

translation: Pod is hella faking that post. How could he read through the thread and keep track of exactly how many votes the leader had but not who the vote leader was, especially when it was me

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Bifauxnen posted:

translation: Pod is hella faking that post. How could he read through the thread and keep track of exactly how many votes the leader had but not who the vote leader was, especially when it was me

that's more like it

i'll need to reread pod's case to see if that feels legit

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I don't buy that, Bif is making sense.

Also while I hate YPM for saying the cursed word and honestly I do think it's a scummy thing because it's so loving easy to be like "lol someone acting weird D1= JESTER" it's not enough alone to beat out tithin for me.

##vote tithin

Going back to this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Yeah I don't buy that, Bif is making sense.

Also while I hate YPM for saying the cursed word and honestly I do think it's a scummy thing because it's so loving easy to be like "lol someone acting weird D1= JESTER" it's not enough alone to beat out tithin for me.

##vote tithin

Going back to this.

dont buy what, Juchero acting all confused?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Juchero posted:

that's more like it

i'll need to reread pod's case to see if that feels legit

yeah no that reads as hella fake, as does the rest of the casing done in that post

i don't really follow the tithin case but this one feels like enough of a slip to go on right now

##vote Pod

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
YPM could you clarify whether you think Tobbs' is scum or 3p and if scum what changed your mind, ty.

I have a theory about Pod Posting (tm) but I'm going to sit on it for a bit to see what happens with him.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bif: You're hanging a heck of a lot on a single questionmark! I'll reread the you/TQ/Gaspy stuff later, I skimmed over chunks of it tbh. The questionmark was silly in retrospect since obviously the votes were on you. What do you think of the rest of my post besides that segment? I addressed multiple people in it.

That being said I don't like Juchero coming in here like he has, what do you think of that? I don't buy that his interactions with you and my post are sincere.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Podima posted:

Bif: You're hanging a heck of a lot on a single questionmark! I'll reread the you/TQ/Gaspy stuff later, I skimmed over chunks of it tbh. The questionmark was silly in retrospect since obviously the votes were on you. What do you think of the rest of my post besides that segment? I addressed multiple people in it.

That being said I don't like Juchero coming in here like he has, what do you think of that? I don't buy that his interactions with you and my post are sincere.

that post's scattershot method doesn't make any of the cases in your post particularly believable, it reads like an overdressed lumpenlist

and i think that question mark was an attempt to inject some levity to the case, while also creating an opportunity for deniability

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
also i came in here at this time because i just woke the gently caress up jeeze

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Anyone else get the sense that this really does not feel like a 25 player game?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

I went back for the question mark after I was already complaining how you couldn't see the TQ case at all and were all concerned about me and Gaspy pushing it. The question mark on top just felt especially bad in the same breath as you calling something out as manufactured nonsense.

As for the rest of that particular post, I've already pointed out how Nat sounds overall a lot different from usual. Which is probably good cause he has been on a huge scum streak. To me he seems to be getting in and joking around more instead of sitting back being more aloof and observant, especially for D1. So I disagree with you calling it out as Jafarposting.

Except for the bit where he was very overtly Jafarposting on purpose, haha

Next you look at YPM... I don't know, "lol you're 3P hunting" sounds like a quick easy point for you to make actually. As much as bringing up jesters bugs me on average, I don't think it was totally out of left field when Tobbs is literally joking around about how he'd be cool with getting lunched. Not that I disagree at all with giving YPM some odd looks and suspicion or nothing, just think that's a pretty basic safe and simple point for you to tick off the list in the midst of all that confusing discussion around him.

Next up, PMush... meh, "what happened" posts don't always bug me cause it can be interesting to see of anyone actually steps forward to indulge them and sum things up, and how they sum it up. And if you are genuinely catching up, having someone sum up what they see as important might genuinely help fill in some context that you risk missing by skimming through too quickly. If PMush ends up contributing ok after this, suggesting the request was in good faith, I'll think nothing of it. I guess that's always a big if, though, when you're waiting for somebody to post.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok now. moving on to the next bit:

Podima posted:

I got pinged a bit too when he went from "wha bluh????" to "oh, oh yeah totally you are so right", so I'm keeping an eye on him, yes. Don't want to move on THAT quick though

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Truth Quark posted:

I have a theory about Pod Posting (tm) but

nah, even if Tired hadnt broken the combo it was gonna be 6 that time.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Podima posted:

This feels like Jafarposting, especially the first line.

As much as I love this phrase, I'm confused. Jokephase did end a lot faster than I'd expect out of a 3 day D1.

Chances are that it's nothing, but I'd still want it on record that it was something I noticed.

I think what's more interesting is how we transitioned back into a second jokephase shortly after I made those comments.

Again, probably all coincidents, I don't buy scum having that much control over the thread yet.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
jokephaise is still alive and well with all these jokes for cases HAR HAR

Truth Quark posted:

Anyone else get the sense that this really does not feel like a 25 player game?

:what:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Truth Quark posted:

YPM could you clarify whether you think Tobbs' is scum or 3p and if scum what changed your mind, ty.

I have a theory about Pod Posting (tm) but I'm going to sit on it for a bit to see what happens with him.

Both.

Here’s how Ive been scum hunting recently:

I develop narratives for people I look at. I, at the very minimum, have a town narrative and a scum narrative. Their posts then become points of evidence that confirm, deny, or change my narrative. As the game develops, one narrative starts to become more and more likely, and it becomes my opinion.

Right now, Tobbs’ posting, to me, points to either scum over correcting a possible cop claim or a bad 3p trying to get killed. The latter is less likely than the former because those types of 3ps aren’t used too often.

Tl;dr your question presents a false dilemma

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hey I’m in this game I guess! I will catch up today while not caring about the super bowl

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

If Moat doesn't make a game-related post or two before EOD it's his scum game again.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3848100&userid=107055

"Man this game is a good one," he said townfully.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

"Man this game is a good one," he said townfully.

I laughed.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hey I’m in this game I guess! I will catch up today while not caring about the super bowl

Hal not on a plane somewhere?

Sus as gently caress.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Anyone rooting for the patriots deserves to be dayvigged imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007