Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Juchero posted:

i'm pretty sure i've justified it like 5 times as "it was fun and i hate lurkers"

I don't think this is a very good justification. I think letting it go because "D1 vigs are neutral" is really silly and I've been bitten by that assumption before.

Bifauxnen posted:

k I'm starting to see what Pod's worried about with Nat a little but I hope it's not true, you deserve to roll town for freaking once, Nat!

The last time I played town before this game was 6 months ago. (As you know, but as people in the thread might not)

I'm honestly having trouble because as scum I could just fake a read on anyone I wanted and back it up with walls of text. Now I'm really worried about making incorrect cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

Now I'm really worried about making incorrect cases.

lol it HAS been a while since you played town

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

lol it HAS been a while since you played town

The last time I played town, I genuinely believed that D1 was a useless tool for scumhunting.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Natural 20 posted:

The last time I played town, I genuinely believed that D1 was a useless tool for scumhunting.

You fool!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Natural 20 posted:

I don't think this is a very good justification. I think letting it go because "D1 vigs are neutral" is really silly and I've been bitten by that assumption before.

i never said it was a good justification

just that it was, in fact, a justification

that justification being, i had fun

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I'm still treating the d1 vig as a null tell. I'm not saying it was a pro-town move (it wasn't at all) but even I have seen so many d1 dayvigs of town by town to not instantly treat it as scum.

If you give a goon a dayvig, he will use it d1, probably at complete random. This is just a fact of life.

I'm concerned about Moat, his case doesn't feel like it evolved naturally. He claimed to be behind on the thread as he posted it, but then didn't change anything as he caught up. He just disregarded the new information and said he saw the answers to his question and didn't buy it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Mithross posted:

I'm still treating the d1 vig as a null tell. I'm not saying it was a pro-town move (it wasn't at all) but even I have seen so many d1 dayvigs of town by town to not instantly treat it as scum.

If you give a goon a dayvig, he will use it d1, probably at complete random. This is just a fact of life.

I'm concerned about Moat, his case doesn't feel like it evolved naturally. He claimed to be behind on the thread as he posted it, but then didn't change anything as he caught up. He just disregarded the new information and said he saw the answers to his question and didn't buy it.

Last game I was in had most of its dayvigs not used day one, the only one who did was scum.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
On other posters:

I like GeneX last couple posts and his summary case/posts. I also generally agree with his reads thus far, except for...

Nat20 is going a bit paranoid. Given his fairly successful scum game, and the fact that scum can real case in this game, this actually makes me feel better about him. I'm leaning town on him, but not super strongly.

Juchero I don't have a strong read on one way or the other, even with the dayvig.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

Last game I was in had most of its dayvigs not used day one, the only one who did was scum.

That's a fair point, I guess unicorns are real.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Natural 20 posted:

1. My issue is that there's a claim d1 that I'm acting similarly to my masonry chat with Bif.

It's broadly unsubstantiated and when I question it I get nothing.

The only response that does come happens when I'm asleep.

I think an enterprising scum player who knows my sleep timings could use those to push a case on me that doesn't have legs.

I think Pod is a player with that level of knowledge about me. Pod claims he wouldn't play that unfairly, but I don't consider play like that particularly unfair, so I feel that that defense doesn't ring true.

FYI this is batshit insane

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was feeling a bit weird about voting Moat, because people coming into the thread after a long absence and then saying some weird poo poo and getting a bunch of votes quickly dogpiled on has happened a couple of times and it always feels weird and opportunistic shifting of the thread, but also one of those times it caught a scum and that's exact behaviour posting is probably what scum would do after being away. It's what I would do. I'm just wary of any and all bandwagons that don't come from a ironclad night result.

##vote Moat

Also yes I'm aware of the :ironicat: of this post don't @ me.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I already did a thing and I’ve got good news. As long as you’re not scum you’re gonna live to see another day

did this ever get explained

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

I would like to see everyone who is still in this game that appears on this list to have at least 30 posts by the end of the day, if you cannot manage it you are on warning. Anyone on warning going into the next day will become hated.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
lets kill nevergirls

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Asiina posted:

I'm not crazy.

You're crazy.

Especially you Nappa.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Natural 20 posted:

I'm not crazy.

You're crazy.

Especially you Nappa.

Maybe being the man behind the curtain made you more paranoid of everyone.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if it's "scum making a ~*~disingenuous~*~ case" insane or just "town latching onto a crazy idea" quidnose-style insane.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

did this ever get explained

thats the second time youve made me LOL

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Are people really good enough at this game to keep track of people’s sleep schedule? I barely keep track of mine

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

lets kill nevergirls

if I don't make 5 more posts after this one that'll be really ez 4 u

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

thats the second time youve made me LOL

I'm serious, i legit don't know what the purpose of that post is, and especially since there is more than 1 scum team whatever "information" here is useless. unless I am missing something.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

to put it another way, given the info / discussion about this SO FAR, what considerations do I need to make? or is this post truly useless to me?

I'm not expecting you to reveal more about your role or anything but if there are certain conclusions I'm supposed to reach I'd like to know them.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Your Personal Muse posted:

Are people really good enough at this game to keep track of people’s sleep schedule? I barely keep track of mine

Is that weird?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Natural 20 posted:

Is that weird?

https://www.google.com/search?q=stalker+definition&oq=stalker+definition&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.3055j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Natural 20 posted:

Is that weird?

Yeah man I just post

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think checking the "who's online" option is a step too far in this game. Keeping track of other player's sleep schedules to use as a case against them is crazy.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

I think checking the "who's online" option is a step too far in this game. Keeping track of other player's sleep schedules to use as a case against them is crazy.

Pretty sure I disabled that ages ago, and everyone else should too.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 2

b-minus1 (4): Tobbs Gnawed, Juchero, Truth Quark, Asphyxious, King Burgundy, King Burgundy
Moatillata (3): flerp, Bifauxnen, Asiina
Little Mac (1): Your Personal Muse
Bifauxnen (1): Moatillata
Natural 20 (1): GeneX
Mithross (0): Juchero, Juchero
Asphyxious (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (11): Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Little Mac, Mithross, Natural 20, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Podima, Tired Moritz

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 08th, 2018 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 11 hours.

There are TWO available Materia for the winner and runner up of todays mini game.

Counter Materia and Steal Materia.

Todays mini game is :

Final Fantasy 7 dress Up!

You will use This Link
to make a picture.
Every player who wishes to participate must send me a screenshot via PM's or DM on discord of the browser window that includes the time and date.
Each player may only submit ONE picture so be sure you are ready to send it in. The deadline for this is 30 minutes BEFORE the day deadline.

The winners will choose materia and get them on Day 3.

The judges for this contest are MMT, Max, Salthebard, and Xad, please do not contact them with bribes or anything relating to this contest as it will be a blind judging and they will not know who sent in each picture. If they tell me you contacted them about this you will be modkilled.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

These are both great votes(Bminus/Moat). I'm fine with either currently.

Let's even it up and see where things go.

##vote Moat

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I disagree somewhat. I say this off and on, but if we were sitting around a table playing mafia in real life, it would be very obvious if someone was present and still not saying anything/avoiding talking/etc. I'm not sure that just because the format is different that we should play the game that differently.

---

Having said that, I think Nat20 is attributing things to Pod which are pretty crazy. But I think it is coming from a tin foil town place.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
You know what else is a great vote? LMac. His vote on DB is scum voting someone they think will flip town (this is not my case, just supports the already existing one)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah but you don't play tabletop mafia over the course of many real life days, you play for a few minutes and nobody is doing anything else.

Sometimes I just want to check the forums for a few minutes and read some of the dumb threads I follow and not have to think about the 50 effortposts that have happened since the last time I read the thread, cause I know if I click it I'll just end up skimming and retain nothing.

But yeah, in any case I'm also leaning towards town or at least null tell nonsense case as opposed to genuinely a bad scum case.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

King Burgundy posted:

I disagree somewhat. I say this off and on, but if we were sitting around a table playing mafia in real life, it would be very obvious if someone was present and still not saying anything/avoiding talking/etc. I'm not sure that just because the format is different that we should play the game that differently.

---

Having said that, I think Nat20 is attributing things to Pod which are pretty crazy. But I think it is coming from a tin foil town place.

Agree with the bottom part, disagree with the top part. It’s an unreliable method. Like me, I’ll sometimes leave the app on by my desk or leave a page open on my computer. Or sometimes, I’ll let something play out because I know that I can sometimes divert attention with my play style.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Or like Asiina said, sometimes I just don’t want to deal with you fuckers and it has nothing to do with alignment

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
sometimes i just want to talk about anime in peace

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I could get behind a moat voat.

In fact ##vote Moat it rhymes.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Moat did you roll scum again? You can tell me, we were part of the suicide cowboys I’m sworn to secrecy.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'm not convinced about moat because he did place votes on tithin and on db on d1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

i do WANT to vote moat because I trust flerp in general, and in this specific game I trust bif, and like others have said it rhymes.

• Locked thread