Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Asphyxious posted:

Hello I’m awake now! Yeah it was dumb but I see how it happened, I was going back and reading the whole thread from the beginning (while basically asleep) and the deaths that stuck with me as important were Tithin, DB, gulag, pod, bminus and moat. People who were scum, and town players that got heavily cased as scum. With that mindset I went over it with a fine tooth comb looking for something I might have missed, and in the process completely forgot Hal had been killed because, as I was so annoyed by at the time, his death didn’t mean anything. There’s no data or strong opinions, just lurking and shadethrowing.

What I do take from this though is because on a reread Hal did look on the scummy side of lurking, my impressions about Juchero are probably wrong, as I mentioned before. I still hate vigs being used on lurkers, I’d personally use one late in the game to try to nail scum, and “I guess Juchero is probably not scummy” isn’t a reasonable trade for another whole town life.

this isn't a real response to what bif said

bif is saying that your reaction to hal getting vigged was so negative when it happened, and yet now you're saying it was a good vig

that's the issue, not that you forgot hal was dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

I still see Gaspy and would vote. But given how slow the thread is it might be better to go for lurker scum first.

Asiina is an ok choice but she could really just be apathetic town, it's not a sure thing with her old meta anymore. I'd rather not vote in case she gets her mojo back.

I like the tired case above better and also still feel like ngo is a good choice.

##vote tired

Biggest hmmmmm.

One case against someone else gets your vote, and you also defend Asiina. Even for apathetic town, it's dismal... Even my indecipherable idiot cases look better than her play.

So you defend what the thread at large has painted as two scumbos: one in play, the other on meta. The slow weekend makes it even more suspicious.

Launch gasp today. Check back tomorrow.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Juchero posted:

bif is saying that your reaction to hal getting vigged was so negative when it happened, and yet now you're saying it was a good vig

It is a real response, if you actually read it. Hal being shot pissed me off for the same reason all lurker kills piss me off; you get no loving data from them. And there is no way in hell I’d ever call it a good vig, I said it looks like it was done for town reasons but it’s still a poo poo vig.

As much as I love repeating myself endlessly, do you have a reason for jumping in with a comment that makes it obvious you didn’t actually read what I’d said?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I like the tired case and would be happy voting there. I also still think Asiina is scum. Either is a good vote for a better tomorrow.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Juchero posted:

also he's still hemming and hawwing about whether he'd use a vig on a lurker right after he was all "I'd probably shoot Hal too!" maybe Gaspy didnt read that bit of his own posts :v:

YPM I don't care if you were softclaiming, don't bother hardclaiming cause it wouldn't change my mind, godfathers are a thing

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

I probably would have shot Hal too.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Asphyxious posted:

Oh yeah I even got pissed about that! gently caress that’s hilarious, I was re-reading Hal and being like hmmm this guy seems super dodgy. With that in mind I might have to rethink my take on Juchero as I probably would have shot Hal too.

Asphyxious posted:

Hello I’m awake now! Yeah it was dumb but I see how it happened, I was going back and reading the whole thread from the beginning (while basically asleep) and the deaths that stuck with me as important were Tithin, DB, gulag, pod, bminus and moat. People who were scum, and town players that got heavily cased as scum. With that mindset I went over it with a fine tooth comb looking for something I might have missed, and in the process completely forgot Hal had been killed because, as I was so annoyed by at the time, his death didn’t mean anything. There’s no data or strong opinions, just lurking and shadethrowing.

What I do take from this though is because on a reread Hal did look on the scummy side of lurking, my impressions about Juchero are probably wrong, as I mentioned before. I still hate vigs being used on lurkers, I’d personally use one late in the game to try to nail scum, and “I guess Juchero is probably not scummy” isn’t a reasonable trade for another whole town life.

Asphyxious posted:

It is a real response, if you actually read it. Hal being shot pissed me off for the same reason all lurker kills piss me off; you get no loving data from them. And there is no way in hell I’d ever call it a good vig, I said it looks like it was done for town reasons but it’s still a poo poo vig.

As much as I love repeating myself endlessly, do you have a reason for jumping in with a comment that makes it obvious you didn’t actually read what I’d said?

Collected in one post for posterity.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I did the bolding, clearly.. I forgot to say so

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

While I’m here, I think the “case” on TM sucks arse and the fact multiple people blinked at it like albino cave slugs seeing the first rays of sun in Millenia and went “hmm, yes.... good.” Is indicative of how little work people are actually putting into this game.

I would rather vote for myself than TM as at least Bif put effort into her hours of bullshit.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Asphyxious posted:

While I’m here, I think the “case” on TM sucks arse and the fact multiple people blinked at it like albino cave slugs seeing the first rays of sun in Millenia and went “hmm, yes.... good.” Is indicative of how little work people are actually putting into this game.

I would rather vote for myself than TM as at least Bif put effort into her hours of bullshit.

lol

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Asphyxious posted:

This is especially ironic considering that, while whining about people not putting effort into the game, Gaspy puts not actual effort into pointing why the case is bad he just calls it bad.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

dont you get all NO NO NO NO NO at us then forget the whole thing ever happened, and simultaneously say you would kill Hall yourself but I'm poo poo for suggesting it, and call MY posts bullshit, young man :v:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
yeah this just feels like they're avoiding the whole crux of your argument bif

gaspy you said you would have vigged Hal too, how is that not an endorsement of it?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I did not realize deadline was tonight, thought it was tomorrow.

My eyes have glazed over reading all of the Gaspy/Bif stuff. Somebody give me a case to look at or someone to read who isn't one of the two of them and I'll try to take a look. I don't have any strong feelings about anyone at the moment.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Bif makes good points, and unless I've missed something, Gaspy's response has been equivalent to "nah, c'mon"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

IllegallySober posted:

I did not realize deadline was tonight, thought it was tomorrow.

My eyes have glazed over reading all of the Gaspy/Bif stuff. Somebody give me a case to look at or someone to read who isn't one of the two of them and I'll try to take a look. I don't have any strong feelings about anyone at the moment.

There are lots of people willing to vote me, so really I half-expect to be the lynch tonight as people cool on Gaspy.

It'll be last minute and will be against someone who is VT and will ultimately be completely useless in helping the game, but I predict it anyway.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Asiina posted:

Is flerp still in this game? Is he dead? I miss him.

yes barely, i got really sick this weekend and ive been exhausted and been trying to pay attention but i cant im sry

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
that case on me is pretty bad, mate

i cant believe, kb, actual good poster got baited by that tbh

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Asiina posted:

There are lots of people willing to vote me, so really I half-expect to be the lynch tonight as people cool on Gaspy.

It'll be last minute and will be against someone who is VT and will ultimately be completely useless in helping the game, but I predict it anyway.

I read through your post history since you happened to be the one who responded to me first. Nothing pinged me.

I'm hopeful that I get a materia from the mini game tonight since I've had nothing else to do so far. Speaking of, everyone get your guesses in for that if you haven't already. :effort:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

might help if you and Juch who are all "yeah Bif has a point" actually voted Gaspy, so we could have someone with more than three votes on the board as we get just 5 hours from deadline.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
can we kill tq tho

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Bifauxnen posted:

might help if you and Juch who are all "yeah Bif has a point" actually voted Gaspy, so we could have someone with more than three votes on the board as we get just 5 hours from deadline.

good point

##vote gaspy

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tired Moritz posted:

that case on me is pretty bad, mate

i cant believe, kb, actual good poster got baited by that tbh

Who are your top scum picks today?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Half the people have responded to my case going "yeah its good" and the other half have said "no its bad" and nobody is bothering to actually point out why.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

King Burgundy posted:

Who are your top scum picks today?

asiina

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Im sick with the flu so I can’t do anything I’ll vote ##vote TM

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
mmm yeah im not gonna let myself die from a stupid bandwagon again

##vote gaspy

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Naaaaaaaaaat don't just only post little pointless stuff like that when you finally show up! :argh:

Do you still think people should vote GeneX today? Who would you be willing to vote besides Gene to secure a lunch today?

First part, yes, I think Gene has a role that's commonly on scum side and is now effectively immune to investigations because the counter materia will seemingly just murder the investigator. He's also claiming a person who is literally in Shinra which is as I think

The flavour gotcha was really opportunistic and feels like an overconfident scum member trying to get someone out the game. I don't know what I said that made it so necessary to remove me? Presumably my initial claims about the game setup?

Beyond that:

I'm going to arbitrarily examine the vote leaders:

I think these are the only two things that run beyond a single sentence that Asiina has said since like D2? I get being detached from the game because you're vanilla but there's so little here. With that being said the Asiina D1 seems okay to me. Tithin was acting oddly enough to warrant a vote early on so I'm not too fussed.

TM

TM has done literally nothing all game.

I don't think a single post has more than a sentence in it. He's scooting by lurker rules by just posting enough to avoid hatestacks but there's nothing substantive at all. Tactically it's terrible as a scum player to do this because eventually people will just end up pointing it out. But that being said, his effective white noise acts to the detriment of the thread.

Like there are a few specific occasions where in his single sentences it looks like he's trying to nudge the thread into devolving over some random as hell issue:

Tired Moritz posted:

is kb sephiroth

Tired Moritz posted:

I remember that FF6 game. I feel Bif is genuine about her case on Gaspy. Idk about KB tho

But I also note from the above that he seems to be wanting to at last cast some shade on KB. I've a town read there so TM is basically nothingposting and throwing lowkey shade at a member of town.

Gaspy

I agree with Bif's opinion on this. The flip flopping over dayvig good or dayvig bad is just absolutely bizarre. I can imagine a situation where Gaspy is Shinra and is just a bit demoralised because his team got ruined so quickly. So he disengages from the thread leading to weird mistakes over vig opinions.

The net of all of this is basically, that since I don't think people are going to magically flip to Gene over the next few hours, I'll ##vote Tired Moritz because I think he's scummy and is a void of content where I think Gaspy is also scummy but not a void of content.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'm about for around an hour and then I'm going to sleep if people have specific questions.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Gaspy

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah, I would shift to TM to avoid a no-lunch, I think the case is decent and the points against it are weak...

but jeez, for all the "oh wow we're finally reaching an understanding" me and Gaspy were getting to for a sec, all his talk about having "a big honesty read" on me, he never even unvoted me! That's one more super scummy thing! :v: He just parks his vote on someone and acts all conflicted about how he doesn't need to bother moving his sacred vote to ever help actually get a lunch, but then does go and finally hammer somebody at the last minute. His acting all "BOOYAH" over hammering Moat D2 seemed pretty affected too, btw. I could totally see him as a godfather trying on purpose to encourage investigation on him.

I really really think Gaspy's the best lunch.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I honestly didn’t realise my vote was still on you, that feels like forever ago.

##vote Truth Quark

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
im not digging this sudden push on me at all

im gonna go to work but when i flip, I really want you guys to look carefully at people (KB)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

The case on TM is flimsy as gently caress and KB being like hmmm seems good is weird as poo poo.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also note that Bif is tunnelling on me so hard at this point a soft cop claim is completely ignored.

Very keen to see what amazing cases/explanations you have after my flip.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asphyxious posted:

The case on TM is flimsy as gently caress and KB being like hmmm seems good is weird as poo poo.

It's really not. I was looking for a good reason to vote a lurker. We are down to very few effort players and it's only going to get worse.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Day 4: every single thing Tired Moritz posts is met with AHA! PROOF YOURE SCUM! ignoring poo poo like basic human error or the pitfalls that come with earnestly posting your thoughts.

Going 2 b great.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
im in the top 10 posters, how am I a lurker? not my fault you guys aren't posting much yourself

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tired Moritz posted:

im in the top 10 posters, how am I a lurker? not my fault you guys aren't posting much yourself

You are content lurking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Also note that Bif is tunnelling on me so hard at this point a soft cop claim is completely ignored.

Very keen to see what amazing cases/explanations you have after my flip.

I've been talking about other people and asking other people questions even while you were just shutting down going "oh waah today is useless cause it's just all about me and Bif". But you still just half-rear end your way through this game not even remembering who's dead or what you've even said in your own posts, and then wonder why it makes me think you look scummy, go cry me a drat river instead of this "OH NO HOW WILL YOU EXPLAIN EVER BEING WRONG ABOUT ME" nonsense, :cmon:

• Locked thread