Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Last night's kills make no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Why does asking why b- thinks someone is scum, make me scum??

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
It’s time to call out LURKING SCUM

Atomic Soda
Chic Trombone
Dead Cow
Iron Chef Ramen
jon joe
Li Dawny
PMush Perfect
Pththya-lyi
Tobbs Gnawed
Token Female

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Did we ever decide if this was flipless?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I still think Kash for pres because he was the first to try and organize our group of misfits beyond just yelling into the void. I don’t really agree with the rules he set down, we should get to change our votes, but at least he tried to come up with a system.

As far as scum goes, I got nothing really. I haven’t played in so long I don’t really remember how people played. That being said, I am going to re-read everything while at lunch and hopefully make a case once I get off work.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Why does asking why b- thinks someone is scum, make me scum??

This is an excellent question, as are your why questions.

I don't get wtf b- is on about.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
i never said i thought ngo was scummy. ngo is town

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

peramene posted:

Episode 2: Shocking! We Get Our Act Together - It's Time To Vote!

Good morning everyone, and welcome to another wonderful morning here at Toudai, Tokyo University.

Some announcements this morning:

First, the lack of a student council president is deeply concerning to myself and other members of the faculty. We submit the following rough plan in the hopes that it is helpful: spend the first 24 hours of episode two narrowing down to two individuals, spend the second deciding between the two of them. If you have any questions, feel free to speak to me after school today.

Second, I would like to inform all of you that both Hal Incandenza, Mio -

and Eat the Rich, Nano -

have withdrawn from Tokyo University. I'm sure you will join me in wishing them well in their future educational endeavours. Eat the Rich had been assigned to work as a tutor this semester. We'll work on finding a replacement over the coming weeks.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Did this get clarified or not. It looks like the kills were janitored or something. We have no way of knowing whether or not they are town, 3P, etc.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Did this get clarified or not. It looks like the kills were janitored or something. We have no way of knowing whether or not they are town, 3P, etc.

Also what does it mean about Eat the Rich getting a replacement when they died? I'm confused lol.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

there, now you have two slam-dunk cases

I don't know what you're trying to prove with this stupid I am Spartacus nonsense. Like do you think I can't tell context and that you're saying that to be an rear end, as opposed to Kash who said it on D1 as a funny, funny joke out of nowhere.

Do I think people who scumclaim are legitimately saying "I am scum and do not care about my wincon and want to lose"? Of course not, but it's a joke that scum make on D1 because "lol if I get away with it after I claim it'll be so funny."

It's a scummy joke with scum motivations and I will vote for it when I see it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Also what does it mean about Eat the Rich getting a replacement when they died? I'm confused lol.

i was wondering the same thing

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

There's nothing to really know until more people die and see if they stay unflipped. Whether this is by game design or the result of a role, it doesn't particularly matter if at least right now it's flipless.

Yes, flipless sucks a lot, but gotta roll with it I guess.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I feel like I'm farting into the wind so I'm going to work on my rom-com fantasy anime university roleplay...

*meditates to get into character*

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Clarified Flips:
Hal Incandenza, "Mio", Toudai-aligned Student (Vanilla)
Eat the Rich, "Nano", Toudai-aligned Tutor (Watcher)

Student Council President
is a player-assigned designation. It is up to the players to determine how to elect a player to the role, and then to do so.
The President will enjoy limited-duration detention-proofing and limited-duration death-proofing, meaning they will remain in the game for an undisclosed amount of time after being elected.
The specific responsibilities assigned to the president are undisclosed.
The election of a student council president is encouraged, but is also voluntary. It is entirely separate from detention voting.
Please keep the following peragame principle in mind: You're not supposed to have perfect knowledge.

Please do not address the moderator. Further requests for clarity may be presented via your sheet's "action" cell.

Thank you! <3

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
thank you pera

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
very strange nk choices.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

peramene posted:

Clarified Flips:
Hal Incandenza, "Mio", Toudai-aligned Student (Vanilla)
Eat the Rich, "Nano", Toudai-aligned Tutor (Watcher)

Thanks

quote:

Student Council President
is a player-assigned designation. It is up to the players to determine how to elect a player to the role, and then to do so.
The President will enjoy limited-duration detention-proofing and limited-duration death-proofing, meaning they will remain in the game for an undisclosed amount of time after being elected.
The specific responsibilities assigned to the president are undisclosed.
The election of a student council president is encouraged, but is also voluntary. It is entirely separate from detention voting.
Please keep the following peragame principle in mind: You're not supposed to have perfect knowledge.

All this was pretty obvious tbh

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i rather not give someone who might be scum deathproof

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

Why = scum

Very curious about who nevergirls confused bif with

confused bif with ypm - no I don't know why those wires crossed

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
in the interest of moving the game forward can we please just elect gulag or kash?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
let's not be wishy washy about giving someone deathproof

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah give it to me duh

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

Lol yeah that changes things

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

Who's most townie iyo other than asiina

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I don't have any reason to think kash or gulag is scum and I'm fine rolling the dice on one of them being president

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Honestly the fact that the president will be both lunchproof and deathproof makes me want to not elect a president at all until we have an actual confirmed town canditate

The right call? Dunno, but I don't want to accidentally give a scum that huge hand up

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I feel like president's "undisclosed" responsibilities are interesting enough for me to want to do it but I don't feel strongly enough about it. If we can't come to consensus then fine idc. Would much rather have people join my TEENS club so we can start taking action in that area.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

I got this one, NGO

We may not know what it does, or how to do it, and that may still really suck, but from pera's post I quoted for you, we can at least deduce one fact. It is not just the same thing as a cutesily renamed or reworded lunch:

First she describes the lunch which is already reworded, as "detention". Then she describes the need to elect a president, which is a wholly separate thing. And also instructs us to not "waste time" by trying to lunch the president.

I may be a big rear end in a top hat for hitting a sore spot for you here by pointing it out, but you kinda weren't paying attention.
Or not bothering to send them to detention means they are already voted out, but whatever.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Chic Trombone posted:

Honestly the fact that the president will be both lunchproof and deathproof makes me want to not elect a president at all until we have an actual confirmed town canditate

The right call? Dunno, but I don't want to accidentally give a scum that huge hand up

This seems like the best course of action, but it probably really impact anything at this point in the game. If it carries over across game days or is something that we revote on as students get expelled, then yeah... much more serious in later game.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
oh good we actually do get alignment on flip

between that and this president business, I had basically thrown my hands in the air

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

There, now we have information.

I'm the president, I elect myself.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
hey everyone, if you are town can you please confirm in the the thread tia

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

hey everyone, if you are town can you please confirm in the the thread tia

Yeah im the town president.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'm town vice president

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

president is a powerless figurehead

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
i am scum president

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
But for real I’m getting some scum vibes from that chic post

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Tired Moritz posted:

i rather not give someone who might be scum deathproof

I concur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

b-minus1 posted:

It’s time to call out LURKING SCUM

Atomic Soda
Chic Trombone
Dead Cow
Iron Chef Ramen
jon joe
Li Dawny
PMush Perfect
Pththya-lyi
Tobbs Gnawed
Token Female

I'm not lurking, I just didn't participate in all the shitposting that happened in thread before the game really started. Also I'm not scum.
If post count is what you're going by, then low posts are townie this game cause both hal and eat had super low posting and were town!

Also lurker/post count is a terrible case, why are you bad at this?

• Locked thread