Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'll accept full responsibility if she's not scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Seems like a bad idea to switch targets with less then half an hour in the day

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think there'd be enough votes anyway.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

I'll accept full responsibility if she's not scum

We need six, can we get six? (5 including me)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
wow

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

maybe some of you dingdongs should switch your votes if you want to lynch someone else (mmt)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, it's not gonna happen now. Let's get this vote over.

##vote Ecco

I'm sorry if you are actually town Ecco.

:redhammer:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

TMMadman posted:

Well, it's not gonna happen now. Let's get this vote over.

##vote Ecco

I'm sorry if you are actually town Ecco.

:redhammer:

Well that escalated quickly

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
...oh.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

EccoRaven (9): Dick Bastardly, merk, Dick Bastardly, merk, Murmur Twin, merk, CCKeane, Monathin, Asphyxious, Tobbs Gnawed, LupusAter, Pinterest Mom, TMMadman
Murmur Twin (3): Monathin, TMMadman, EccoRaven, got some chores tonight, Tobbs Gnawed, Monathin, TMMadman, Tobbs Gnawed, LupusAter, Moatillata, merk, merk, LupusAter
merk (2): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tolly Totes, Tobbs Gnawed, Pinterest Mom, Monathin, Xad, Monathin, Tobbs Gnawed, Pinterest Mom
Moatillata (0): TMMadman, Tolly Totes, TMMadman, LupusAter, Murmur Twin, LupusAter, Tolly Totes, Xad, Murmur Twin, Xad
Tolly Totes (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Asphyxious, Asphyxious
Retro Futurist (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
LupusAter (0): Moatillata, Moatillata, merk, merk, merk, merk
Dick Bastardly (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Xad, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Xad
Pinterest Mom (0): got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight
got some chores tonight (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
TMMadman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
CCKeane (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (2): Dick Bastardly, Retro Futurist

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 15th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

As everyone shuffled back into the bar, fired up and ready find the savage outsiders who had come between their family, someone bumped into Ecco.

A Wakizashi slipped from their shirt, and clattered on the ground.

There was silence in the room, as Ecco slowly raised their hands.

Everyone drew their blade, and rained down upon the pleading figure.

Ecco, Kenichi Yamamoto, Yakuza (Town) Goon, was murdered by their friends

PMom and RF failed to make 10 posts from start of game day. They are now On Notice. If they fail to make 10 posts the next day, they will become freely lunchable.

Night phase will last 24 hours. Good luck!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

A quiet, moonlit night in the small village. A creek bubbled in the distance. You could hear the gentle clicking of pebbles as they moved with the wind. Every once in a while, the sound of a door sliding shut could be heard.

So it came as a shock to everyone when they heard loud crack, like a mountain erupting.

The townsfolk stayed indoors, some daring to come just to the entryway to their homes to see if there was anything of note in the street. The Yakuza all came charging, from every direction, their long knives drawn and ready for action.

In the center of the street lay the body of Keane, with a hole punched through his skull, blood pooling beneath his rapidly cooling corpse.

He was buried by dawn, under a small rock pile by the entrance to town, with a headstone that just read: “Brother”

Keane, Yoshio Kodama, Yakuza (Town) Goon, was shot in the head Night 1.

It is now Day 2. Deadline is Sunday, February 18th at 10PM EST. Good luck!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (14): Asphyxious, Dick Bastardly, got some chores tonight, LupusAter, merk, Moatillata, Monathin, Murmur Twin, Pinterest Mom, Retro Futurist, TMMadman, Tobbs Gnawed, Tolly Totes, Xad

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 18th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##vote Monathin

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
Keane seems like an odd choice.

TMMadman posted:

##vote Monathin

Is this because Keane was against Monathin before he got killed?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##vote mmt

This was the correct d1 lynch and I am not gonna drop the case

I'm also thinking tmm is her scumbud at this point due to the way the d1 lynch went down

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

##vote mmt

I'm also thinking tmm is her scumbud at this point due to the way the d1 lynch went down

I'm still suss on merk, but yeah, MMT's play this game doesn't look like her town game.

##vote MMT

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman posted:

##vote Monathin

This made me :thunk: so I reread Monathin.

Monathin posted:

I'm also not feeling MMT right now. I don't feel good about Ecco because I really don't have any sort of read on their play which is making me hesitant to contribute to that case.

---

I'm actually not liking Keane's content but I'm still feeling how hard I got burned after Shine, but this is different from his Shine game and closer to Christmas and what little I saw (haha, whoops) of TWEWY Mafia. Kean's throwing out reads to appear re-engaged but not really going hard after people.

That's where my read stands, anyway. If anyone with a little more Keane-meta wants to read that for me please do.

---

If I must make a call between the top three I would like to ##vote merk because I feel as if his pushiness on Lupus is really weird when Lupus' answer seemed perfectly satisfactory. I feel like he's trying to fish for a weird contradiction in Lupus' behavior when there isn't one.

---

I actually have to eat crow here and change my own vote to ##vote Ecco - after seeing the actual case put out with much less of a focus on Ecco's ~~meta~~ it does seem a little weirder than I'd expect, and something about the 'x and y are scum later losers i won't be here for deadline' sticks in my craw the more I read it.

Some questions for Mona:

(a) what about me in D1 made you think I was town?
(b) when you first read Ecco, why were you even looking at her from a meta perspective instead of just a "does her play seem scummy" perspective?
(c) what about Keane this game seems different from Shine? he seems really similar this game to me.
(d) when you voted Merk, was that before you read/understood the case on Ecco?

##vote Monathin - none of the opinions he presents on D1 seem to have any conviction behind them. Why wasn't I considered as scum? Why didn't he vote for Keane when he cased him? Why did he have suspicion on Merk but then just conveniently drop it to vote for Ecco?

To me he reads more like someone trying to explain fake reads than someone trying to figure out peoples' alignments.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Why ask four questions and then vote?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Aaaand monathin is the next set up mislynch

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tolly Totes posted:

Why wouldn't I? I don't mean that like snarkily - unless we're at endgme or there's a risk of an early hammer, voting for people you find suspicious is a good thing.

I'm voting for Mona because I think he's scum, and I'm asking him the questions to help get a sense on if I'm right or not. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll just unvote.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

TMMadman posted:

Also, I will say that the problem with this question is that I do think one of the three is very likely to be scum at this point.

Like for me, if Ecco was to flip town, I'd be looking really hard at merk. If merk was to flip town, I'd be looking harder at Tobbs and if MMT was to flip town I'd be looking hard at Ecco.

What changed your mind, TMM?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##vote mmt

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

Aaaand monathin is the next set up mislynch

Do you agree or disagree with the points I'm making?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

(c) what about Keane this game seemed different from Shine? he seemed really similar this game to me.

mafia edit :350:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

Do you agree or disagree with the points I'm making?

I think you are scum and your points are manufactured

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Murmur Twin posted:

Why wouldn't I?

Questions are to help you get information, I'd think votes are for when you have the answers. Asking four questions and then voting makes it seem like you don't care for what the response would be. That's just my perspective.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
See, even tolly sees it

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

I think you are scum and your points are manufactured

I quoted everything that I find suspicious of Monathin - are you saying I'm wrong? What's your opinion of him just for the record?

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Moatillata posted:

See, even tolly sees it

:wow:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

I say that with the utmost care respect and admiration

:cheerdoge:

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

What's the case on Twin exactly? I know there's been a lot of little things and bad feelings people have gotten throughout the thread, which I get but is there anything solid I can sink my teeth into a bit?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tolly Totes posted:

What's the case on Twin exactly? I know there's been a lot of little things and bad feelings people have gotten throughout the thread, which I get but is there anything solid I can sink my teeth into a bit?

I kind of like your case.

Tolly Totes posted:

Tolly Totes posted:

Questions are to help you get information, I'd think votes are for when you have the answers. Asking four questions and then voting makes it seem like you don't care for what the response would be. That's just my perspective.

Asking a bunch of questions and then tossing a vote in the same post, like you say, means she doesn't care about the answers. She's not trying to figure out his alignment, rather she knows she wants to push him and so hopes a bunch of open questions will bog him down enough for him to slip up.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tolly Totes posted:

That's fine, but your perspective is wrong. A vote is just a vote, you don't need to be 100% sure of a read when you make it (again, unless near the end of the game / hammering someone.

Moatillata posted:

See, even tolly sees it

Tolly is new but you've been playing with me for years - how can you possibly say it's unusually for me to vote for someone and ask them questions in the same post?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tolly Totes posted:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Asking a bunch of questions and then tossing a vote in the same post, like you say, means she doesn't care about the answers. She's not trying to figure out his alignment, rather she knows she wants to push him and so hopes a bunch of open questions will bog him down enough for him to slip up.

"She's not trying to figure out his alignment, she's just asking her top scumread a bunch of questions to see how he answers them".

##vote Tobbs - this is such a blatant pile-on to a bad case (basically perfectly mimicking Tolly's opinion) that it's pretty tough to ignore. How the hell are the questions I asked Mona "a bunch of open questions that will bog him down"? I'm literally point out scummy behavior and challenging him to defend it!

The whole narrative that "it's scummy to vote at the beginning of a case" is barely ok with a newer player but for Tobbs/Moat to go along with that logic outright suspicious to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

(a) nothing about my D1 should have made him sure i'm town.
(b) Mona dismisses the case on Ecco as "I don't know her meta" despite it never being about meta in the first place.
(c) Mona's read on Keane is factually wrong
(d) when Mona was asked to big from one of me/Merk/ecco, he said "Merk" first, and then later switched to Ecco after reading the case on her. It's scummy that he didn't read it first.

Oh look here's the same case, except with no questions.

TMM / Moat - if I had posted this and voted Mona at the end of it, would you read on me be any different than it is now? Why or why not?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

This made me :thunk: so I reread Monathin.

Some questions for Mona:

(a) what about me in D1 made you think I was town?
(b) when you first read Ecco, why were you even looking at her from a meta perspective instead of just a "does her play seem scummy" perspective?
(c) what about Keane this game seems different from Shine? he seems really similar this game to me.
(d) when you voted Merk, was that before you read/understood the case on Ecco?

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm literally point out scummy behavior and challenging him to defend it!

So him thinking you were town D1 was scummy? Is that a scumslip?

TONS of people were making meta reads D1, why not focus on merk, for example?

Why are you asking about Keane, a flipped town player? Also asking for an answer in the context of Shine is a bit ridiculous.

Presumably Mona thought merk was scum pushing Ecco based on a meta/gut read, but his opinion evolved.

None of this is scummy, it's just a bunch of random noise in the guise of engagement/a case. And I'm hardly piling on, being the second vote on you. If you're town, why no comment on chores' unobtrusive third vote? It's because when people have a reason to vote you, they give you something you can break down. You don't believe I'm scum, you're just trying to discredit me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also I'm passing out for awhile but it's kind of annoying the hell out of me that no one has actually acknowledged / denied the case I made on Mona.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So him thinking you were town D1 was scummy? Is that a scumslip?

Yes, him acting like he knows my alignment is scummy! I can't believe I even need to explain that.

quote:

Why are you asking about Keane, a flipped town player? Also asking for an answer in the context of Shine is a bit ridiculous.

Because his content on Keane was about "he's acting way different than in Shine". It's not like I pulled that out of nowhere.

quote:

Presumably Mona thought merk was scum pushing Ecco based on a meta/gut read, but his opinion evolved.

Except that he clearly wasn't, and Mona's position was that he had already read Merk (hence the vote) and Ecco (hence the dismissal of it as a meta case).

quote:

None of this is scummy, it's just a bunch of random noise in the guise of engagement/a case. And I'm hardly piling on, being the second vote on you. If you're town, why no comment on chores' unobtrusive third vote? It's because when people have a reason to vote you, they give you something you can break down. You don't believe I'm scum, you're just trying to discredit me.

All of it is scummy, and when I say you're piling on it's because you literally voted me for a case someone else made and then tried to rephrase it using different words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

##vote mmt

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm still suss on merk, but yeah, MMT's play this game doesn't look like her town game.

##vote MMT

Except that I was voting for you before that.

Your scummy fake-callout of Mona is just icing.

• Locked thread