Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

fake

role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

I will not kill you kashuno :sun:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Why do you think it’s fake

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

flerp posted:

no one's listening to me :(

What did you say?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Vote switching is fine.

I'm on a Friday night out, so I'm going to be quiet.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

Why do you think it’s fake

i know it's fake

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Dead Cow posted:

What did you say?

turbo kash

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i guess

we should do it

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##nominate fifty gulags is just jealous of our cuter and better president

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yeah ##nominate 50, if he's just spoofing about this role, we can kill him when he fails to die

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
##vote Kash

Sounds as good as a plan as any at this point

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
##nominate cat

for not contributing to the 260 posts I just had to catch up on after one day wtf

((ok fine. ##nominate fifty))

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i just want to elect or not elect a president and get on with it.

## nominate gulagdolls

b-minus1 posted:

It’s time to call out LURKING SCUM

Atomic Soda
Chic Trombone
Dead Cow
Iron Chef Ramen
jon joe
Li Dawny
PMush Perfect
Pththya-lyi
Tobbs Gnawed
Token Female

this doesn't take into account context and content of posts, if i wanted to artificially pump my post count maybe i too should post a million irrelevant gifs.

i see in preview 50 has done something, catching up

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Tired Moritz posted:

I kinda hoped for more people explaining why they want etc person to be the president but ok

I think asiina is good because they are posting a lot more than usual

Lets go, whose turn is next?

yeah agreed.

i'm nominating gulag cause he seemed to be at least attempting to find scum, he's not buddying up to ppl to get votes, and i feel more comfortable with him than kash (as the two then vote leaders). not really wanting to nominate asiina at this stage what with the rampant gifs, feels like smokescreening, i don't think posting more than usual is a great tell to go off esp when so many posts have been content-less.

either way we need to pick, scum must be loving this.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hrm hrm not sure about 50 i will stick to gulag rn like clamp the mighty limpet

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
soda alone...

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, I’m home and have given my husband and children attention, I can post for a moment. Honestly, from what I’ve read, Bif comes off the most scummy. Their (not sure on pronouns) posts have come off almost forced in my opinion. There’s a lot of them, and a lot of info, but the content doesn’t read as town for me. It’s almost like forced helpfulness/playfullness in order to appear town. However, a few scum tells include jumping around on votes like crazy

Bifauxnen posted:

There's no boys in Toudai this is a scumslip

##vote AA

Bifauxnen posted:

actually wait, there is something I do still care very deeply about accomplishing in this game

##vote Tired

Bifauxnen posted:

ugh

##vote AA
but absolutely refusing to vote Kash. Now I, also, didn’t vote for Kash because I voted for Asiina because I don’t like dogs and she knows it. :P

But then Bif jumps around on narrowing down and nominating people.

Bifauxnen posted:

Does anyone actually object to just narrowing it down to Gulag and Kash at this point, seeing as they were the 2 leaders from D1?
followed by

Bifauxnen posted:

##nominate no one
and then

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah ##nominate 50, if he's just spoofing about this role, we can kill him when he fails to die
after saying

Bifauxnen posted:

kinda hard to elect someone after they dayvig'ed themself but hey, let's give it a try why not

I mean it’s a lot, but it’s inconsistent, and that just feels scummy to me.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
AS I probably shouldn’t have included you in my list of lurker scum. You have contributed more than I initially thought. I agree with you wrt bif seeming really scummy. She’s at or near the top of my currently nonexistent scum list, along with chic.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Li Dawny posted:

Honestly, from what I've read, Bif comes off the most scummy. Their (not sure on pronouns) posts have come off almost forced in my opinion.

hmmm, are they almost forced, or actually forced? You sure have skipped a lot of context and happenings in between those quotes.

##vote Li Dawny

omgustretched that case

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lol I thought that dawny post was actually AS. They have similar looking avatars. I guess I agree with lil dawny, not AS

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

b-minus1 posted:

AS I probably shouldn’t have included you in my list of lurker scum. You have contributed more than I initially thought. I agree with you wrt bif seeming really scummy. She’s at or near the top of my currently nonexistent scum list, along with chic.

:p

who are you addressing in the third sentence here?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
haha you beat me

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m on my phone and also really dumb

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

b-minus1 posted:

Lol I thought that dawny post was actually AS. They have similar looking avatars. I guess I agree with lil dawny, not AS

what do you not agree with me on, unless i'm missunderstanding?

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

That was a good post Dawny. I liked it. Why don't you want to vota Kashuno Bifaux?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Atomic Soda posted:

what do you not agree with me on, unless i'm missunderstanding?

Sorry, I meant I agree with lil dawny’s scumread of bif. I thought you made that post

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
no worries i though that was prolly it, but never hurts to ask. will re-read bif, most of what i remember is a bunch of posting round the nomination process.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Bifauxnen posted:

hmmm, are they almost forced, or actually forced? You sure have skipped a lot of context and happenings in between those quotes.

##vote Li Dawny

omgustretched that case

is there any content was skipped you'd like to draw to our attention specifically?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Atomic Soda posted:

is there any content was skipped you'd like to draw to our attention specifically?

Well I don't know, it was pretty flippant of me to adjust my stance so much about what I wanted to do about the election. I mean we only had a big infodump from the moderator to explain more about the election process, and then a copclaim.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

As for my votes, I'm hearing Asiina out on wanting to vote Kash, but I wasnt fully convinced yet. I'd definitely rather vote Li Dawny now because that case is very badly constructed.

I could get someone just having vague feelings like I've been weird and joking too much and they're just suspicious of me, but Li Dawny went to the trouble of trying to make a nice list built on evidence and proof! Except it skips over any of the reasoning for why I posted anything I did, and she gives absolutely no fucks about huge changes in the situation that would prompt changes in opinion.

It is a fake case from scum who needed to post something to look like they're playing for real and went "oh hey, Bif seemed to change her mind a lot! lets just go with that I'll list up each one that'll look totally good"

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Do you just want to vote for people that find you suspicious?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
re-read bif

Bifauxnen posted:

This summed up my D1 thoughts:

And I posted this at Kash:

I didn't actually want to see Kash lunched because the big rush of votes on him was dumb, there was no real casing behind them and half of them could've just been dumbass mistakes from people trying to nominate him for all I know. I didn't mind having a no-lunch since Kash was also a leader in nominations for president, so hopefully we could at least get that sorted however the hell it worked. But I didn't want to actually argue explicitly for a no-lunch. Waiting to see if anyone actually made the move to hammer Kash could be pretty interesting.

i though kash was several votes away from being lunched at end of day? the bottom para pings me (my bold)

Bifauxnen posted:

There's no boys in Toudai this is a scumslip

##vote AA

Bifauxnen posted:

actually wait, there is something I do still care very deeply about accomplishing in this game

##vote Tired

there was like 9 minutes between these posts and it was not day 1 what changed? what did you want to accomplish with this? your case on tired appears to be 'he's posting dumb poo poo'.

wondering about this:

Bifauxnen posted:

Ah, that makes more sense now seeing that bit you quoted again. I'd be more ok with possibly lunching Kash today if that ends up being the best lead we got. Just yesterday it seemed like a lovely rush for no reason on someone who was trying to put a good effort into the game.

what effort from kash was it that made you not want to vote for him?

Bifauxnen posted:

Well I don't know, it was pretty flippant of me to adjust my stance so much about what I wanted to do about the election. I mean we only had a big infodump from the moderator to explain more about the election process, and then a copclaim.

tbh i accept this for the nom switching around no one and 50, timing seems ok. the other posts above ping me more.

e: lil d just looks like she's a bit lost but trying to scum hunt to me

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I agree with Bif that it's weird Dawny just totally avoids any and all context. I don't know if it's scummy enough to vote on right now, but still definitely suspicious.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Asiina posted:

I agree with Bif that it's weird Dawny just totally avoids any and all context. I don't know if it's scummy enough to vote on right now, but still definitely suspicious.

To be honest it’s because I’m phone posting and to make my posts more readable for me I cut out all except the direct point that I’m needing. If anyone wants context they can just look at the actual quote and see what’s around it. I read the context but didn’t see it as relevant to what I was saying, so I cut it out. If you see it as relevant I’d be more than happy to read why and weigh your opinion against my own.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Atomic Soda posted:

i though kash was several votes away from being lunched at end of day? the bottom para pings me (my bold)

Yeah, he'd need a little more of a push to actually get over the line into hammer range. It seemed weird to me that people piled on him that much but couldn't even follow through. I hoped someone would try and then I could try and see how scummy they sounded doing it. But it just petered out instead.

Atomic Soda posted:

there was like 9 minutes between these posts and it was not day 1 what changed? what did you want to accomplish with this? your case on tired appears to be 'he's posting dumb poo poo'.

yes, that was the case. I was feeling pretty over the game about the election stuff like ugh, gently caress all this no one can organise poo poo and no one wants to let me organise it for them, but then I remembered there was one thing I could still get all excited about and that was lunching Tired Monty. You may recall I have some history with him in Shine V where I was VERY disappointed by his tactics in choosing and using actions.

Atomic Soda posted:

what effort from kash was it that made you not want to vote for him?

Actually trying to organise the election on D1, and posting a lot. It doesn't sound like much, but it was enough for D1 and nothing he did actually looked scummy to me cause the scumslip looked like a good joke. It didn't feel fair that he was being rushed for no reason when he clearly wanted to play, and of course I know from prior experience he's an effort player who gives lots of content. He does seem a lot more subdued today, though.

give head or get dead posted:

Do you just want to vote for people that find you suspicious?

Just this particular one right now, who is the most suspicious. Earlier I wanted to vote Tired just for bugging me with how he always posts white noise but also gives me poo poo about" telling him what to do" when I tried to attempt any organisation. And AA just so I could make a dumb flavor joke at first, then later for unironically saying "kek". I dont recall right now of Tired or AA found me suspicious cause that didnt really matter.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
thankyou bif im ok with most of that

one thing:

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, he'd need a little more of a push to actually get over the line into hammer range. It seemed weird to me that people piled on him that much but couldn't even follow through. I hoped someone would try and then I could try and see how scummy they sounded doing it. But it just petered out instead.

re: kash the fact he was several votes behind getting lunched while being the clear vote leader makes me more suss of him not less, so i find your logic weird, sorry if i've misunderstood.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok you got it. You claim I'm "jumping around" on nominating people:

Li Dawny posted:

But then Bif jumps around on narrowing down and nominating people.

Bifauxnen posted:

Does anyone actually object to just narrowing it down to Gulag and Kash at this point, seeing as they were the 2 leaders from D1?

followed by

Bifauxnen posted:

##nominate no one

Li Dawny quotes one thing I said much earlier near tje very start of D2, then zooms to "followed by" as if nothing happened in between. What happened was Gulag rejected my election idea, which would have required his participation, and then Cat and Gene went with the strawpoll idea, and then we got a big mod message stating explicitly that the president would gain some indeterminate period of being deathproof. I then agreed that waiting for a confirmed or close-enough townie to give it to would be a good idea, so after Nat did his thing, superseding the election method yet again, I cast my vote for no one.

Li Dawny posted:

and then

Bifauxnen posted:

##yeah ##nominate 50, if he's just spoofing about this role, we can kill him when he fails to die

after saying

Bifauxnen posted:

kinda hard to elect someone after they dayvig'ed themself but hey, let's give it a try why not

I mean it’s a lot, but it’s inconsistent, and that just feels scummy to me.

I changed my vote from nobody to 50 after he claimed a cop-like role.

The bit about the dayvig was a joke, since he had posted that his role "would flip his alignment in thread". I implied that the method he would use to reveal his alignment in thread would be by killing himself, which would make things a bit awkward trying to elect him afterwards.

If Li Dawny is going to go so far as to call these points inconsistent, ignoring the timeline and the big info revelations we've received along the way is highly dishonest.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
##nominate 50 bread

idk if i completely believe the claim but i like 50 so ok

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Atomic Soda posted:

thankyou bif im ok with most of that

one thing:

re: kash the fact he was several votes behind getting lunched while being the clear vote leader makes me more suss of him not less, so i find your logic weird, sorry if i've misunderstood.

he needed 4 votes, yeah, but no one else was anywhere close. If there was going to be a lunch on anyone at all D1, it was going to be him.

As for why no one finished him off, it could be scum not wanting to finish off one of their own, or it could be scum not wanting to stick their neck out to rally the last votes on him when dumb townies were votinf him by accident. All I knew was I didnt want the lunch to go through cause then maybe he would be president and that much would be sorted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ah, here was the original 50 quote I was riffing on, for context:

50 pounds of bread posted:

My ability flips my alignment itt.

This was before he explicitly described his ability in more detail.

Anyway, this is why I now feel very certain LD is scum:

Li Dawny posted:

I read the context but didn’t see it as relevant to what I was saying, so I cut it out.

someone claiming cop before I change my mind about wanting to nominate them is not relevant, apparently. She's overreached, and is now trying to do damage control.

• Locked thread