Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

why don't you just imagine that I died and flipped town, as I will, as you all decided to give deathproof to the guy with the fake role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
well

isnt it your fault that you cant convince people that youre town

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

no its your fault that you let a doctor remove your brain 8 years ago and replace it with a cartoon hamster

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Tired Moritz posted:

well

isnt it your fault that you cant convince people that youre town

As someone who has never voted in this game yet, who do you think is scum?

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Im already imagining that your dead Gulag dont worry

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Also we are like 8.5 hours away from the next deadline. We really need to get going or anything.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Token Female posted:

As someone who has never voted in this game yet, who do you think is scum?

my brain says bif but my heart says it's because bif is suddenly tunneling my rear end for no reason and I shouldnt vote someone just for that

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

just assassinate li dawny you lemmings

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Tired Moritz posted:

my brain says bif but my heart says it's because bif is suddenly tunneling my rear end for no reason and I shouldnt vote someone just for that

Would you mind posting a link to when that starts? I'd like to read that to see if I agree.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Token Female posted:

However the more problematic thing include that last line which really backtracks the whole case. "Hey this is the scummiest person in the game. Well maybe not." It's doubling back on the stance.

Cool, its not just me who saw that. The zero context thing is the most damning imo (especially once LD claimed she DID read the context, it just wasn't relevant!) but just some of the language pinged me too. LD opens with me being the scummiest player then says not just once, but twice how it's almost like my posts are forced! Just really gives me this feeling like she doesn't believe it at all.

Token Female posted:

Here is something that I don't care for from Bifauxnen:

This is not including the post that recapped the nominations from day 1. This is basically trying to force the nominations two being one of two people. There are 25 other players in the game, but we should stick to what we thought on day 1. This is a lot of effort pushing that.

It might be easy to say all this now, since we got a lot of mod clarification about the election process and the president role. But at the opening of D2 it seemed like we'd completely wasted the first day where we were supposed to have already sorted out this president thing by now. Starting over from scratch to renominate random people all over again sounded absolutely ridiculous to me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm not even tunnelling your rear end dammit I've moved on to LD's rear end

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Token Female posted:

Would you mind posting a link to when that starts? I'd like to read that to see if I agree.

Bifauxnen posted:

actually wait, there is something I do still care very deeply about accomplishing in this game

##vote Tired

like seriously, it seemed more like bif got offended that i made a post saying that i dont like being told what to do (which was a joke post in reaction to her big WE SHOULD ONLY VOTE GULAGS AND KASHUNO :frogsiren: post and immediately decide to push on me because im not receptive to her trying to rig the polls.

i wouldnt be surprised if she thought i would be an easy push because my last two games had me getting lynched without much resistance and she thought she can do that in this game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm not even tunnelling your rear end dammit I've moved on to LD's rear end

why would you cheat on me after three days from valentines

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Token, when you read this would you mind going a little farther back than where Tired linked you to?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

GulagDolls posted:

why don't you just imagine that I died and flipped town, as I will, as you all decided to give deathproof to the guy with the fake role

So do you think 50 is scum

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

why do you think it is bunk?

lovely meta justifications, but then again it's that I haven't seen them in a long time, and the same could be said of token female soooo.... hmmmm.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Bifauxnen posted:

Token, when you read this would you mind going a little farther back than where Tired linked you to?
Alright!

I started a page back from the quote given.

Bif gives the large post summarizing everyone's nomination. Then posts about how she didn't want to see Kash given detention on day 1, and thought the push was dumb. Then the two posts about how we should vote for one of either Kash or Gulag. I have discussed them already. Then:

Tired Moritz posted:

I dont like being told what to do
Fine. Then the response to Tired:

Bifauxnen posted:

And don't even get me started on you.

all right then fuckos, consider the proposal officially withdrawn. I'm off to the garden to say gently caress all this while I just roleplay growing some pretty roses or something for that nice girl from the track club.
This seems like genuine frustration possibly coming from the lack of action on day 1 and the general rejection of the proposal. Tired may have just walked into it. So far seems fine.

Then this exchange:

Bifauxnen posted:

actually wait, there is something I do still care very deeply about accomplishing in this game

##vote Tired

Tired Moritz posted:

why is bif bullying me? not very kawaii
I don't think this is bullying. I don't know if there is any past history either. There's also no reason given for the vote. I don't really see too many people jumping on as is.

Bifauxnen posted:

change starts with ##voting TM

Tired Moritz posted:

why is bif tunneling me for? is it because im an easy target

well, I GUESS kash is fine but Im not sure if I dig their policies.
Bif's post was to Sal who posted, "I'm so confused" (Not a post that makes me think Sal is town and hunting scum.) I can see how Tired can preserve this as tunneling. I don't think it is personally though.

Tired Moritz posted:

seriously guys im not a fan of bif going all >:(((( TM DIDNT VOTE and pushing me

like why doesn't my vote on kash count? because it was before the proclamation? dumb
I don't know what we are talking about in post.

Bifauxnen posted:

huh? Who cares about your vote? I'm pushing you cause you've been posting dumb poo poo, and if you have actions you will probably also do dumb poo poo.

As for why your vote on Kash doesn't count, actually none of em count. Nothing that happened on D1 had any official meaning whatsoever. It doesn't even matter cause Kash was still in the lead, as I announced anyway.

Tired posted:

instead of actually playing the game and posting the votes here so we can read and case, let's just post them in an anonymous site
hey, I had an idea for how to handle it in thread, but you were all "I don't like people telling me what to do" just making GBS threads on it. With that attitude, no one is ever gonna organise anything that you like. So just gtfo.
This is actually the first time that Bif gives a reason to vote for Tired. Like before this post I was thinking that tired was sort of blowing it out of proportion. The back half of this post goes probably too far. I read Tired's post in context as being a joke about how people wanted to do a straw poll off site for the president. However, this is probably the first time that Bif gives a case and also acknowledges that she's been pushing tired.

Tired Moritz posted:

the school election is basically reverse scum hunting so idk why you're so surprised that people actually want to put thought into who they are electing instead of the two people that just happened to get the most votes earlier.

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm not sure why you believe this is what is happening, sounds like a false scum narrative to me

And there is a bit more but, this end of the height of this conflict. I do feel like Tired called this tunneling and bullying before anything really happened. I do think that Bif went too hard later.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'd vote Dawny if it came down to it, but I'm not feeling confident on her being scum. She can be generally wishy washy in her reads even as town and that seems to be the main case against her, so I'm not feeling it.

Meanwhile Kash seems to have completely given up and doesn't seem interested in contributing at all. I also think TNL's posts calling Chic scummy for voting no one is real, real bad and would vote on that.

I'd also vote a lurker if necessary, and of those I would definitely pick Tobbs who has made 4 posts in this thread, but with a no lynch yesterday and then two lurker NKs I would prefer not to go into another day with so little information.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

lovely meta justifications, but then again it's that I haven't seen them in a long time, and the same could be said of token female soooo.... hmmmm.

I think the language used is undercuts all of the points that were being used to case b-minus1. It sounds to me like Li Dawny is trying to look like their are making cases/looking like an active member of the town, while not wanting to commit to anything. Is that a 'lovely meta justification' in your opinion?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

what does this even mean

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Asiina posted:

Meanwhile Kash seems to have completely given up and doesn't seem interested in contributing at all. I also think TNL's posts calling Chic scummy for voting no one is real, real bad and would vote on that.

Why do you find TNL's post to be scummy exactly? I don't follow.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

I'd vote Dawny if it came down to it, but I'm not feeling confident on her being scum. She can be generally wishy washy in her reads even as town and that seems to be the main case against her, so I'm not feeling it.

Ignoring huge sections of the game day, including the mod clarification on the president and 50's copclaim, then saying "yes I totally read the context it just wasn't relevant" isn't wishy-washy, it's dishonest.

And you saying that her being "wishy-washy" is the MAIN case against her also sounds dishonest.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
While deadhrad thinks we should nuke an active player. I think that's kind of scummy given that we no lunched day 1. I'd be fine with clearing out a lurker and maybe landing scum since today is essentially day 1.5 with the emergence of some real opinions and a lot of chaff.

I think the cases developing on bif make call outs on the same things I picked upland already commented on, albeit briefly. I'm talking about the effort posts for town cred. Seems like a lot of nothing.

50 burned me recently so I'm with gulag on that it could be fake, but although he lied about his role in the game where I was burned she also turned out to be town soooo....

Queen Doggo is probably town and doing a lot of the leg work with perfectly relevant gifs lol, but thankfully words have also come into play. Got a good town vibe here.

I don't like a lot of what dead head is laying down.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Token Female posted:

I think the language used is undercuts all of the points that were being used to case b-minus1. It sounds to me like Li Dawny is trying to look like their are making cases/looking like an active member of the town, while not wanting to commit to anything. Is that a 'lovely meta justification' in your opinion?

I think it's day 2 on a day 1 where town no lunched and analysis is thin right now. I mean people could contradict joke phase, but I think a lack of commitment this early in the game in this large a game is fine and not really suspicious.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Yeah I'm still reading the thread over and over and I'm not getting much. Had an earlier suspicion of Pththya-lyi but he hasn't posted anything since then sooo

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

I think it's day 2 on a day 1 where town no lunched and analysis is thin right now. I mean people could contradict joke phase, but I think a lack of commitment this early in the game in this large a game is fine and not really suspicious.

So based on your last post the person at the top of your list is Give Head or Get Dead?

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Is it possible to get a vote count?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Token Female posted:

So based on your last post the person at the top of your list is Give Head or Get Dead?

Eh, I'm a noncommittal person by nature so i wouldnt chisel it in stone, but they are highest on my suspicion list currently followed by Bif who is seemingly generating fluff.

So seemingly bad opinion and seemingly artificial play.

I'd vote either of those 2 for the day methinks.

I WOULD NOT vote bread or asiina, best feels for asiina's play and bread deserves to demonstrate his claim with the nomination.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Episode 2

Kashuno (4): flerp, 50 pounds of bread, Asiina, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Dead Cow
Li Dawny (3): Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, Token Female
Tobbs Gnawed (1): NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Chic Trombone (1): The Ninth Layer
Dead Cow (1): GeneX
50 pounds of bread (1): curiousCat
NevergirlsOFFICIAL (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Tired Moritz (0): Bifauxnen, curiousCat, curiousCat, Bifauxnen
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Asiina (0): Dead Cow, Dead Cow

Not Voting (15): Atomic Soda, b-minus1, Chic Trombone, give head or get dead, Iron Chef Ramen, jon joe, Juchero, Kashuno, Li Dawny, Natural 20, PMush Perfect, Pththya-lyi, SalTheBard, Tired Moritz, Tobbs Gnawed

With 27 in attendance, it's 14 votes to send a student to detention. The current schoolday ends February 17th, 2018 at 5 p.m. PST -- that's in about 7 hours, 28 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Ignoring huge sections of the game day, including the mod clarification on the president and 50's copclaim, then saying "yes I totally read the context it just wasn't relevant" isn't wishy-washy, it's dishonest.

And you saying that her being "wishy-washy" is the MAIN case against her also sounds dishonest.

Yeah, I forgot about that. In my mind, this was the main case:

Token Female posted:

while this has been addressed, let me give my two cents of Li Dawny's post history:

The "vote jumping" point really misses the context of what is going on in the game at the time either willfully or just lack of attention. However the more problematic thing include that last line which really backtracks the whole case. "Hey this is the scummiest person in the game. Well maybe not." It's doubling back on the stance. Also having someone you think is the most scummy in the game and not voting for them?

So here is the follow up post

:effort: I guess is the reason for the context in the first post?

Also here are all of the content posts from day 1:

I guess we know the reason: dogs. But this is literally it from day 1. There is nothing here. Also we have it a case that was "I don't really feel this, but you should do some homework on it." ##vote Li Dawny

Which is more about her being vague and backpedaling at the end of her own case. I'd forgotten she said that it wasn't relevant when I was skimming back over the thread just now. I still feel like this is just how Dawny plays, in that she doesn't make super strong cases, and they always kinda come out as half-done. It could be scum casing, but it could also be that. I'm still not entirely convinced and I prefer Kash.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Guys, what about Sal?

These are all day 2 posts:

SalTheBard posted:

As far as the cuddle vote I'm not feeling so hot about that one. I'm not really sure who I feel like leaning towards.

SalTheBard posted:

Wow 50 that is a hell of an ability

SalTheBard posted:

I just want to cuddle scum and win Mafia. Someone tell me what to do what to do so we can get started.

SalTheBard posted:

I'm concerned about the calls to turbo Kash when I'm assuming most of the votes were for Patient and not detention. I feel like calls to turbo are really scummy because it limits discussion. But discussion is limited because we have been dicking around on the Goddamn class President.

SalTheBard posted:

This game is really confusing the gently caress out of me.

There's no scum hunting happening. The only vote he has was a throwaway on day 1 for Hal. Like what's going on in these post? I could vote for Sal.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Damnit, really dropping the ball these last few posts!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Eh, I'm a noncommittal person by nature so i wouldnt chisel it in stone, but they are highest on my suspicion list currently followed by Bif who is seemingly generating fluff.

lol

I'm making one of the first really solid cases now on LD but because I made one big unwieldly post earlier, which was to try and serve a very specific function I thought we needed at the time, you got a nice easy excuse to disregard everything. You think my posting is fluff? Oh, sorry, seemingly generating fluff.

I got a lot of jokeposts, why don't you just quote some of them and call that actual fluff instead of being so cagey about your opinion on me?

I was nearly done with my new Lumpenlist but you gotta get penciled in a bit higher.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Asiina posted:

Which is more about her being vague and backpedaling at the end of her own case. I'd forgotten she said that it wasn't relevant when I was skimming back over the thread just now. I still feel like this is just how Dawny plays, in that she doesn't make super strong cases, and they always kinda come out as half-done. It could be scum casing, but it could also be that. I'm still not entirely convinced and I prefer Kash.

Having never played with Li Dawny I don't know if this is normal or not. If anyone else has a testimonial about this, I would find that helpful.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Token Female posted:

Guys, what about Sal?

These are all day 2 posts:

There's no scum hunting happening. The only vote he has was a throwaway on day 1 for Hal. Like what's going on in these post? I could vote for Sal.

I feel like there are at least 5 other people who this exact post could be made about.

Not that it makes Sal better, but that there are a lot of people asleep at the wheel here.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Yeah, I forgot about that. In my mind, this was the main case:

So Li Dawny does a big callout on me, which I immediately launch a big OMGUS campaign about, but you look to Token's new posts instead to be the main case. I think you're looking for excuses to minimize the case.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

So Li Dawny does a big callout on me, which I immediately launch a big OMGUS campaign about, but you look to Token's new posts instead to be the main case. I think you're looking for excuses to minimize the case.

I'm sorry that I don't remember every post in this thread.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

There can't be that many more puppy gifs

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok let's update this Lumpenlist before I try and get some more sleep!

Top suspect: Li Dawny
Main reason for this case isn't her "sounding wishy-washy" but completely faking a case by listing out any time I change my vote on something with no regard for context whatsoever. (and then claiming she's just leaving out details cause she was phoneposting and it's so much trouble, but she totally did read the context in between! It just wasn't relevant!) Some of the info she skips over includes some very large and relevant info drops that should be very good reasons for people to change their opinions.
...and as an afterthought, also she sounds kinda wishy-washy I guess.

2nd suspect: Asiina
Felt a bit wary of her all along but this seals it, she's completely misrepresenting the case on LD and I don't see how it's hard to follow.

Those two are the only ones I feel very strongly about being scum, and LD far more so than Asiina.

3rd suspect: AA
Just got a real slimy feel like they're trying to back certain people up and bring certain people down with vagueass comments rather than honestly thinking things through and scumhunting.

4th suspect: B-
Much more of a vague feeling here, can't be bothered to go dig up examples of what pinged me cause it's not like I'd ever push to vote him today over LD

5th suspect: NGO
Being kind of a hypocrite in basing cases on just meta math of people's posting averages... and then posting a whole lot compared to their usual lurking game. But this is only a very mild scum read, it could just feel too tempting as a "gotcha" to be as worthwhile of a point as it seems. ...the posting average thing was kind of a bad case though, so yeah, slightly leaning scum.

Next up is the "feels scummy in the way they're lurking" group:
jon joe, PMush, give head, Iron Chef Ramen, Chic, Kash, Tired, and Tobbs(!)

After that are people who are lurking but I don't find as scummy for it, and townreads of wildly varying strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Asiina posted:

I feel like there are at least 5 other people who this exact post could be made about.

Not that it makes Sal better, but that there are a lot of people asleep at the wheel here.

But Sal also has over 40 posts in this thread. It's not like he isn't here or active.

• Locked thread