Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Maybe this is something you can do later, but is there anyway to get on top of the big chunk of Mother Base near your new base? I see one of the loot containers (the shipping container looking ones), but I haven't managed to get up there yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Krogort posted:

Finished the story and I never got my hand on anything better than a blue item.
The best gun I got was a FNC like assault rifle.
Quite disapointed I never got to play with the underused big guns of MGS5, hordes of zombies would have been perfect for grenade launchers, auto shotgun and machine guns.

How do I get purple and yellow stuff ? I don't even have purple crafting station.

Co-op, it rains purples like mad.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

lets hang out posted:

Wondered where my bottles were disappearing to

In which ways were the coop rank and rewards balanced?

Edit: A quick look at reddit and it looks like it was nerfed something fierce. Looks like I'll be sticking with normal.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 27, 2018

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Quasipox posted:

Maybe this is something you can do later, but is there anyway to get on top of the big chunk of Mother Base near your new base? I see one of the loot containers (the shipping container looking ones), but I haven't managed to get up there yet.

Might need to bring sandbags or a watchtower to climb up to it. There are things hidden all over that you can only reach like that

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There are an awful lot of invisible walls where you should be able to climb over with sandbags and I had a fun time trying to get a container on the desert mother base. I had to keep climbing and then fall off rails.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ixjuvin posted:

everyone out of the thread boys, we've been made

no, it's that the post he made was acting like people only complain because of things other than the game being bad, which is wrong

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You can get on top of mother base in the hub, that supply box is actually usable. I got up there by building a ramp on top of the busted pillar on the left hand side facing the base. You have just enough height to do a dive roll off the side and land safely on the unbroken part.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

You can get on top of mother base in the hub, that supply box is actually usable. I got up there by building a ramp on top of the busted pillar on the left hand side facing the base. You have just enough height to do a dive roll off the side and land safely on the unbroken part.

there’s also a set of stairs you can take to get there without any platforming business

they’re on the inner part of the platform and pretty hard to see

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
It's just not the same with Kojima gone.

By which I mean it was released on time, within budget, and I don't believe any of the female characters make me long for death.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 27, 2018

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Discendo Vox posted:

It's just not the same with Kojima gone.

By which I mean it was released on time, within budget, and I don't believe any of the female characters make me long for death.

How about that nurse huh

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wish Miranda could stop time or shoot bees or something even if it's incredibly stupid because the characters in this game just have nothing to make them unique and it sucks.

edit: I like Chris for a lot of reasons though. Chris is cool.

I think they could have done a lot more with the concept of "a few distinct characters that have become unstuck from time" because none of them ever actually talk about the time period/places they come from and it's a real missed opportunity imo.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 27, 2018

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

widespread posted:

How about that nurse huh

She's actually good at her job of medicine and doesn't hit the helmets of enemies with a tranq rifle every time like a certain perfect sniper?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man the game really picks up the difficulty once you hit Act 2, huh? At least, I'm assuming this is what could be called Act 2, when you switch maps. These new enemies are loving assholes.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Quicksilver6 posted:

She's actually good at her job of medicine and doesn't hit the helmets of enemies with a tranq rifle every time like a certain perfect sniper?

It was more for her aggressive pacifism/whatever the gently caress made her go “let’s reason with the zombies” than anything.

Also I have her on the potato farm.

Also also I didn’t play TPP.

Also also also if I did I would prob use horse or dog or walker instead.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

widespread posted:

It was more for her aggressive pacifism/whatever the gently caress made her go “let’s reason with the zombies” than anything.

I can only guess that her character is intended to be the "kindhearted but an utter idiot" trope because when she says this the picture opposite her on the codec screen is several zombies that do not have heads. Because no writer would write that and no developer would pair it with that picture unless it was intentionally building her character as a dumbass, surely. She is the personification of the "if only you could talk to the monsters" Doom reivew

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man the game really picks up the difficulty once you hit Act 2, huh? At least, I'm assuming this is what could be called Act 2, when you switch maps. These new enemies are loving assholes.

I love the shock of that after getting complacent with wanderers in area 1. I'm pretty sure your first missions are the worst, it seems to calm down a little after going full 'Nam on you.

The bad news is that the new enemy types start appearing in area 1.

Also the nurse lady is so good at medicine that by herself she takes the medical team an entire letter grade up. I don't think she ever brings up the pacifism after the first dialog either. She real thirsty for Reeve tho.

Quicksilver6 fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 27, 2018

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

CJacobs posted:

I can only guess that her character is intended to be the "kindhearted but an utter idiot" trope because when she says this the picture opposite her on the codec screen is several zombies that do not have heads. Because no writer would write that and no developer would pair it with that picture unless it was intentionally building her character as a dumbass, surely. She is the personification of the "if only you could talk to the monsters" Doom reivew

And also, remember that these people were teleported here out of the middle of the normal world. The nurse came in on the ambulance that she was riding in. It's not that unbelievable that a caring nurse would turn "kill 'em all and let god sort them out" five minutes into it.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The nurse wants to find a way to cure the zombies who are missing all of their heads above the jaw and I'm rooting for her

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Quicksilver6 posted:

I love the shock of that after getting complacent with wanderers in area 1. I'm pretty sure your first missions are the worst, it seems to calm down a little after going full 'Nam on you.

The bad news is that the new enemy types start appearing in area 1.

Also the nurse lady is so good at medicine that by herself she takes the medical team an entire letter grade up. I don't think she ever brings up the pacifism after the first dialog either. She real thirsty for Reeve tho.

Speaking of, when the hell do I get to go back to area 1? I have food and water to collect, dammit!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

CJacobs posted:

That... makes more sense now. Kinda surprised I glossed over that little detail.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Infinity Gaia posted:

It really is and they add more in Act 3.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Speaking of, when the hell do I get to go back to area 1? I have food and water to collect, dammit!
I think when you do a 15 minute defense mission.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

lets hang out posted:

The nurse wants to find a way to cure the zombies who are missing all of their heads above the jaw and I'm rooting for her

Hey now, it's amazing what you can create in game using the spines of all the Zeds you kill. If you can make guns out of zed spines maybe you can make a fake skull out of one too.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

And I mean most of the people in Metal Gear Rising were just a spine and brain sitting in cyborg bodies that were p much robots from the jaw down. Obviously these wanderers are just missing MGR enemies and need rehabilitation.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I really want to get this game but I'm on a gaming budget and I have a lot of other games to play. so: is the multiplayer so good in this that I really should get it now, or will it be fine in a year or six months when it's on sale? I.e. is multiplayer a giant part of this game that's indispensable?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Edit: Wrong thread.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 28, 2018

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I hate that near the wolbachia mansion there is a little area that looks like every other like base with a transporter, but has no transporter. Luckily there was a walker gear nearby so getting the extra classes was really easy. I put my O2 generator in there but I bet it's gone when I return. Maybe at max research level you can unlock a way to quick return to base.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Did they also make the MB drilling missions harder, because woof. Get multiple layers of barriers before turning that on.

Are the servers down? I can't login.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 28, 2018

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Okay, so on PC what's the keyboard command to close the iDroid? I opened it for the first time, went through the tutorial, and then hit every button on the keyboard trying to close the drat thing.

E: After starving to death, apparently I missed the "place a guide marker" bit. :eng99:

Stickman fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 28, 2018

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

redreader posted:

I really want to get this game but I'm on a gaming budget and I have a lot of other games to play. so: is the multiplayer so good in this that I really should get it now, or will it be fine in a year or six months when it's on sale? I.e. is multiplayer a giant part of this game that's indispensable?

The endgame is heavily multiplayer, but up until then it's all singleplayer unless you want to jump to co-op. At the end you get the option to do a base defense mission in your own base, but the rewards are a pittance and you can just leave it to your soldier AIs anyways, plus it only runs every 24 irl hours.

It's like Destiny, the endgame is a chase after purples so that you can run harder content, etc but it's all multiplayer.

I personally find the co-op a lot of fun, but it's a bit easy right now. They are going to make it harder in the future.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
That patch just now jacked up the difficulty for hard coop missions. Supposedly, the points required to hit S require you have to have the digger going overdrive and you need the support digger both going at the same time to hit S rank during the 3rd wave. Then the rewards got nerfed to give out less pink items. The patch notes also mention the shotguns got hit a bit, but they seem to just be weaker at longer ranges now, was fine for a base defense I just did.

Base dig rewards, past the initial clear which gives some base recipes, seem to be all about the crew improvement manuals. You can see that the orange epic items that post game bosses require higher ranked teams and weapon dev buildings. Of course, there's no way to get them right now and i'm not even sure where to find the required kits for pink item upgrades even.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Ah right, the bosses. I've honestly been kind of cool on them after fighting the first one, I put a load of materials into it and really didn't get anything back that I wouldn't have had in Co-Op. I'm sure the rest are better.

Have people been seeing a huge shortage on distress call missions? I only have like nine people in my base and I'm not really sure how many I'm supposed to have. There don't seem to be any big benefits from having more than one or two people on a team, so I've just been dumping them in the base defense group.

I have heard that they made it so that the harvester acceleration drops when it gets hit, hence making it a lot harder to get to S, but I'm not sure how bad it is. I really hope it doesn't reset if a mortar across the map hit it once.

E. Hard Mode S rank isn't loving around, you really do need to constantly boost. God drat.

E2. Ran into my first hacker today, dude was putting down tens of auto turrets and just shooting zeds as they fell out of the portals.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 28, 2018

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Finally opened the sub-classes and those are really expensive. Glad I saved that booster.
Will I have random base invasions now that I drilled once?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Aww yeah found the Snake Eater tape. Why the hell does this game not have a walkman, by the way? And on that note, why the hell doesn't this game have cardboard boxes? Even if they'd be pretty useless against zombies not having boxes in a Metal Gear game is pretty bizarre.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
They really need a random codename generator for chargen.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Will I have random base invasions now that I drilled once?

No you'll need to kick off another manual dig, and after that subsequent digs will be on a timer until you stop it, fail/complete the number of waves. After that additional manual digs start the 24 hour timer again

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I love that everyone on the base thanks you profusely, wishes you luck, and is relieved you're ok...

Except Dan who is always talking about how this was going to be his last mission and grumping at you about resources.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Probably a dumb noob question but how do I get somebody to work my potato farms?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

https://imgur.com/a/qO0AV

Looks like the co-op rewards have been increased again!

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I now have horse, wolf and sheep livestock pens. Can you raise Birds, hedgehogs or bears?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Raising wolves and bears seems like a poor idea as they'd consume more resources than you could ever gain from them

• Locked thread