Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Cool. Time to put all those sacks to good use.

Also I'm a little confused by multiplayer. I nabbed a couple of machine gun turrets from side missions, but I couldn't find them in my inventory and nobody else seemed to use them. What gives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
That's really unclear and it's dumb. It gives you the materials needed to make that item. If you don't have the recipe then you're out of luck.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ooooh poo poo, that makes "sense" then. I should probably wait until I'm much higher level before doing this then. Those waves are brutal.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
This game has me kind of confused. I felt like I was about halfway through but then I just picked up Seth and he told me to go check out Sahelanthropus. Is there another base building/management segment eventually, or am I in the end game missions? I feel like I missed a whole lot of the game, like I only had a seven person crew and didn't find a lot of blueprints. Am I supposed to be grinding out levels and gear in multiplayer? Because I haven't really touched it.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Bloodcider posted:

This game has me kind of confused. I felt like I was about halfway through but then I just picked up Seth and he told me to go check out Sahelanthropus. Is there another base building/management segment eventually, or am I in the end game missions? I feel like I missed a whole lot of the game, like I only had a seven person crew and didn't find a lot of blueprints. Am I supposed to be grinding out levels and gear in multiplayer? Because I haven't really touched it.

Right after that, you get back to mother base, and now you can hop between the two areas via wormhole transporter. It’s Afghanistan and Africa maps from MGSV.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of the plot, I've only just met Chris but I'm getting intrigued. All these recycled Mgs5 assets aren't just a meta thing, Methinks...

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Turns out the VAs for Reeve and Miranda are married IRL. That's kinda funny.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The gently caress do I get the hanging pot, chapter 7 tired of getting sick from lovely water

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Trip Report on Frostbite:

Level 50. Shoot the glowing spot on its head until it dies. Takes forever to attack. Would have been terrifying on an open map.

Dies like a bitch. Got upgrades for something I have yet to unlock.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Dammit, there's a limit on the map stamps. How can I satisfy my brain without being able to mark literally every resource?!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I poked my nose into co-op and got schematics for various 'broken' weapons. How do I make them not-broken?

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

I poked my nose into co-op and got schematics for various 'broken' weapons. How do I make them not-broken?

You craft them at the appropriate workbench. Broken weapons and equipment frequently have perks that simply making your own wouldn't have.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The purple ones require a large Kuban amount to unlock for each.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Quicksilver6 posted:

You craft them at the appropriate workbench.

But they'll be the broken version, right? Can I repair them somehow?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

The Lone Badger posted:

But they'll be the broken version, right? Can I repair them somehow?

Here’s how it works from what I know:

You get the broken thing. You then take said broken thing to the specified workbench (which let’s just use blue since that’s the max). Typically each broken thing will give you a stat variance for Attack and Durability, as well as Perks. When you do make the item, you get it in a usable state. Meaning it lacks the Broken prefix.

As people have mentioned, Perks take some hefty Kubans to unlock. But only for Blue/purple? Or just purple.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ah so it's a broken (thing) with a recipe to fix it, not a recipe for a (broken thing). The recipe name confused me.
Does that mean I can only make one per drop?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

The Lone Badger posted:

Ah so it's a broken (thing) with a recipe to fix it, not a recipe for a (broken thing). The recipe name confused me.
Does that mean I can only make one per drop?

Yep. But co-op is co-op so you’re gonna have a few to make from each run maybe.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

poptart_fairy posted:

My only issue is with the vomiting being a stun. That's a little bit harsh for so early - the other penalties reinforce that you can't just cheap out with no consequence.

Also how do the craft able flags work, exactly? Do they work in the dust?

You can't stamp areas on the map when exploring in places without a map, but if you put a flag down it'll still show up later

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bloodcider posted:

After you secure that and head back home and can start the final boss (assuming you have the right materials on you).

So you're pretty close, yeah.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012
Uh. That heavy tactical support call-in sure is A THING. I don't think it's actually a GOOD thing. But it's definitely worth seeing.

Also A THING is getting to use both ammo refills in the same mission, because I guess no one else wanted to really cut loose.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Stompy is my favorite Interceptor weapon. Even better when everything is under it and it keeps knocking everyone down and you don't know what is going on, things are exploding.

The kitchenette replaces the pot and campfire, so you save on one spot, for the kiln. I am guessing the Legendary upgrade finally replaces the smoker.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 5, 2018

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Using Metal Gear Ray will probably utterly screw your rank unless you do it on the last wave because it runs around inadvertently destroying all your defenses but it is absolutely worth seeing at least once.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

TheBlandName posted:

Uh. That heavy tactical support call-in sure is A THING. I don't think it's actually a GOOD thing. But it's definitely worth seeing.

Also A THING is getting to use both ammo refills in the same mission, because I guess no one else wanted to really cut loose.

The ammo refills are buggy as balls for some reason and are unable to be used by a lot of people.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Got that Epic Geist and wow, it uses up so many hard to come by items and a B rank base.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is it possible to colour the t-shirt / BDU under my chestpiece? Changing the colour seems to change the colour of the mag pouches, not the undergarment.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you can change the color of the undergarment separately, there will be a second tab for it in the color change menu.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

If you can change the color of the undergarment separately, there will be a second tab for it in the color change menu.

Thanks, didn't realise there was another tab.
I wish I could make it through an entire co-op match without DCing.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm guessing the exploration teams are intended as a resource supplement more than anything else? The stuff I can get is pretty drat common anyway.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
When you start off, your exploration team only has E-level missions available which all give you pretty common materials in small amounts. As you put more people on the team though it'll level up to D and beyond just like the rest of them, which will generate better missions to send people on. The letter rank of an exploration mission is on the left side next to the name.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Is there a good list of what items you unlock in each chapter? The digger task in chapter 13 is pretty tough and I’m wondering if I’m missing some stuff.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I like how the time on those missions scale:
20-ish minutes > A ENTIRE DAY > FIVE ENTIRE DAYS

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Croccers posted:

I like how the time on those missions scale:
20-ish minutes > A ENTIRE DAY > FIVE ENTIRE DAYS

MGS5's expeditions were the same fuckin way and I hate it :negative:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Cheers for the clarification.

And man, the compound bow is a bit disappointing. No appreciable damage gain.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Man that final defence mission does not gently caress around; I’ve failed it seemingly right at the end twice now, and when it’s 25 minutes long with no checkpoints that’s more than a little annoying.

Can you run to the base and restock between waves?

Edit: like the first 2 waves are relatively easy but those trackers gently caress me up

Akuma fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 5, 2018

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Akuma posted:

Man that final defence mission does not gently caress around; I’ve failed it seemingly right at the end twice now, and when it’s 25 minutes long with no checkpoints that’s more than a little annoying.

Edit: like the first 2 waves are relatively easy but those trackers gently caress me up
Yes, you can -and should- dash back to resupply.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Akuma posted:

Pack a shotgun for trackers and shoot em in their huge dumb heads. Generally takes them out in one or two shots.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Ixjuvin posted:

Pack a shotgun for trackers and shoot em in their huge dumb heads. Generally takes them out in one or two shots.
Yeah this was my strategy and it worked for the first wave of them, but by the time the second group of trackers shows up my layers of defence are basically gone and they rapidly gently caress up the thing I’m supposed to be protecting :(

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I kinda wish I could listen to all those tapes I'm getting without slowly dying or withoLOOKS LIKE YOU'RE RUNNING LOW ON STAMINA STOP AND REST BEFORE YOU RUN OUT OF GAS

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016

Akuma posted:

Bring a couple of mortars with you for this wave. You'll get a couple hundred kills out of the eight shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I just upgraded my base to get the walkway around the perimeter, what kind of set up do I need to do the defence mission?

• Locked thread