Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Call me spicy mustard because I'm going in that sub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Birdstrike posted:

oh my god how did I not realise this is

SEALAB

okay okay, no way I’m getting on the sub, I know how that episode ends..,

*whistles* The Double Dooper

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Birdstrike posted:

Soda how do you feel about Marduk?

Atomic Soda posted:

i don't baalieve

don't really know the band either

:agreed: Marduk totally rules ##vote soda

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I have no idea how long my work day is going to be today since I was sick yesterday, so I would like to sit out the sub adventure this time.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Moatillata posted:

Call me spicy mustard because I'm going in that sub

congrats, you just ruined the sub

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Actually remove me from consideration for the sub adventure, work has become a thing today.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
If the sub thing is time sensitive I probably should step out too since I'm at work from noon to 9pm :-(

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman posted:

It probably just another dumb reaction test like yours, although the extra line about me being suspicious does leave a slightly sour taste in my mouth.

Usually MMT does her little test without trying to cast as much shade.

On a scale of 1-10, how much shade would you say I was throwing on you?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

b-minus1 posted:

congrats, you just ruined the sub

:monocle:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

:eng99:

For serious though I’ll be around all day and am down to volunteer for sub duty. How do we ultimately decide this, like a vote or something?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If we need to be around for this sub thing then I'm probably out since I don't know how busy work will be at that time.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'll do the sub thing since a lot of folks seem to be dropping out!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'm thinking now..

Scum probably wants to go on the sub yeah?

This should be a consideration

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That'll be interesting to look at once we see the result of whatever mini-game is going on.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Moatillata posted:

I'm thinking now..

Eh, we know too little for that. It may even be advantageous for them to have nobody on the sub. Pretty sure the only thing we can say is that at least one scum will be on the sub, unless they want to gamble and lose the information advantage.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

I'm thinking now..

This feels kiiiinda fake to me since

(a) it’s d1 and I can’t imagine we have any good reads on people yet
(b) we don’t know what the sub does so there no reason to assume scum wants on it

##unvote
##vote moat, it rhymes

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hello, I amn't available for time sensitive things

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

(b) we don’t know what the sub does so there no reason to assume scum wants on it

##unvote
##vote moat, it rhymes

I disagree with your logic here in (b). It's a day event, of course scum are going to want to be in on it. We don't know what it does, sure, so it could be completely meaningless, but there's also a chance for a boon or potential sabotage. At least one scum has already or will volunteer, if not multiple. I'd be willing to bet on that. (And just from a having fun in game perspective, if you're going to be around why wouldn't anyone, regardless of alignment, want to participate?)

However, I agree with your overall point: that it feels fake. Moat might as well be saying "Scum probably wants to vote yeah? This should be a consideration". It's made to look like he is participating or helping, but it is completely meaningless.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

chaoslord posted:

I disagree with your logic here in (b). It's a day event, of course scum are going to want to be in on it. We don't know what it does, sure, so it could be completely meaningless, but there's also a chance for a boon or potential sabotage. At least one scum has already or will volunteer, if not multiple. I'd be willing to bet on that. (And just from a having fun in game perspective, if you're going to be around why wouldn't anyone, regardless of alignment, want to participate?)

However, I agree with your overall point: that it feels fake. Moat might as well be saying "Scum probably wants to vote yeah? This should be a consideration". It's made to look like he is participating or helping, but it is completely meaningless.

+1'ing this.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

##unvote
##vote moat, it rhymes

https://g.co/kgs/zcQsqK

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
put me and all the scum on the sub so they can kill me tia

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Scum are gonna blow up the sub

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
as long as we're reasoning whether or not we have reason to assume, or not, if scum want on the sub, I usually assume scum have more info about events than we do.

any decision they make is colored by info that we don't know if they have or not, so let's not go down that rabbit hole for all of day one thanks

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

b-minus1 posted:

Scum are gonna blow up the sub

https://youtu.be/z5rRZdiu1UE

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
point of clarification:
- while it is time sensitive, it's not so sensitive that people in strange and exotic time zones or who have a job couldn't participate.

you have about three hours left to figure out who's going.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 8, 2018

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

sentimental snail posted:

as long as we're reasoning whether or not we have reason to assume, or not, if scum want on the sub, I usually assume scum have more info about events than we do.

any decision they make is colored by info that we don't know if they have or not, so let's not go down that rabbit hole for all of day one thanks

sentimental snail posted:

Yeah I don't think there's really any point speculating ourselves silly about how many scum want on the sub/why they want on the sub/what scum can do on the sub. I'm with others in that it seems reasonable to assume there's probably one scum among the people who want to be on the sub but other than that it's probably not worth our time to speculate heavily over it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I somehow doublequoted which shows you I'm not awake yet, sorry!

Also gonna ##unvote my joke vote.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
idk how we nominate people but im nominating myself

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

flerp posted:

idk how we nominate people but im nominating myself

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

hey guys who wants to go on a submarine ride with me

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The cool and good sub team:

CL
Moat
Grid
MMT
Mona
Flerp
B-

(which I think is everyone who has signed up who has not later backed out)

Quote this post to agree

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

b-minus1 posted:

hey guys who wants to go on a submarine ride with me

seems legit, i trust you b-

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

chaoslord posted:

CL
Moat
Grid
MMT
Mona
Flerp
B-

Quote this post to agree

yeah seems fine

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

On a scale of 1-10, how much shade would you say I was throwing on you?

Usually your tests are more like 'Let's try this' or 'I have a theory' but this felt different. Maybe it was just the timing with Maxs vote but when combined with the strangely suspicious remark it just felt more opportunistic than usual.

Frankly, you're kind of giving me the same vibe as Tobbs in those first couple of days in the Samurai game. You don't quite feel wrong yet, but you don't really feel right either.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

CL
Moat
Grid
MMT
Mona
Flerp
B-

Quote this post to agree

I'm a little wary of MMT, but not enough to disagree at this time.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

chaoslord posted:

CL
Moat
Grid
MMT
Mona
Flerp
B-

Quote this post to agree

seems fine we'll see what happens

##unvote

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

chaoslord posted:

CL
Moat
Grid
MMT
Mona
Flerp
B-

Quote this post to agree

I don't have enough of a read to argue any of these people.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Usually your tests are more like 'Let's try this' or 'I have a theory' but this felt different. Maybe it was just the timing with Maxs vote but when combined with the strangely suspicious remark it just felt more opportunistic than usual.

I kind of felt like the timing and lack of any obvious reason made it obvious my joke was a vote? I wasn’t expecting anything to actually come of it beyond a joking reply.

quote:

Frankly, you're kind of giving me the same vibe as Tobbs in those first couple of days in the Samurai game. You don't quite feel wrong yet, but you don't really feel right either.

You’re giving me the same vibes as I had from .... uhh whatever that game was where I was suspicious of you and faked anger at me to get out of it (I think aqualine conspiracy?). That said, the last time I caused someone for that it (ff6) was kind of a disaster so I’m fine back-burnering that thought for now.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

chaoslord posted:

CL
Moat
Grid
MMT
Mona
Flerp
B-

Quote this post to agree

Thanks CL, now I need to watch the entirety of sealab in order to brush up for this mission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Moatillata posted:

Thanks CL, now I need to watch the entirety of sealab in order to brush up for this mission

Just season 1. Everything after that is bollocks.

• Locked thread