Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

TMMadman posted:

Well, that is bound to happen when a full third of the game can't actually participate in the game on a super long day 1.

Frankly, I am completely turned off this game right now because of it.

Don't get upset about it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

##vote birdstrike

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
lol

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mr. F! posted:

As manufactured as your gambit?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

It’s interesting this is your response

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mr. F! posted:

It’s interesting this is your response

is it? :)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Explain that vote, mags.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
also whoever said sealab was bad after Harry Goz died,

There’s an immediate drop in quality but episodes like

craptastic voyage
let em eat corn
neptunati
Isla de chupacabra
No waterworld

are good

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Birdstrike posted:

also 6 scum

I think you're on to something here but 7

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I agree with the premise of what TMM is saying, just cause we're all corralled to look at the remaining 2/3 playerlist and ignore 1/3 of the game. Like, naturally I might've found 2 or 3 of the 7 that went scummy but now we have to put on horse blinders and look at a entirely different group of people and it's still very much joke vote phase still. The best I can do is add this sort of "content", but as far as scum hunting it'll just be forced as gently caress right now. So I'll just word vomit and if it makes me look scummy (it usually does, or did), w/e.

I don't think Ecco specified whether they're coming back on D1 or not, it's just "until the minigame is over" .. so I honestly don't even want to throw down any serious votes until I know if they'll be back or not before the end of the day.

All I know is I wouldn't trust Murmur Twin in a crowded submarine :sweatdrop:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

SalTheBard posted:

Don't get upset about it :(

Sal your avatar and general attitude makes you look too cute n huggable to vote so I'm gonna need you to post like a complete dick so I'm not influenced by outside forces tia

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I will note vote flerp

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Mr. F's weird insistence in pulling some sort of gambit doesn't sit entirely well with me. And that's as good a reason as any for a D1 vote.

##vote Mr. F

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
WE’RE THE KNAVES
and we’re coming to your town
we ain’t here to mess around

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

LupusAter posted:

Mr. F's weird insistence in pulling some sort of gambit doesn't sit entirely well with me. And that's as good a reason as any for a D1 vote.

##vote Mr. F

That’s just his style, man!

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

That’s just his style, man!

Point taken. I'm not married to that vote, but it's a starting point. I feel like scum would be the ones who benefit the most from dragging the thread into playing a weird subgame of "Do as Mr. F says for unadequately explained reasons".

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I don't think Ecco specified whether they're coming back on D1 or not, it's just "until the minigame is over" .. so I honestly don't even want to throw down any serious votes until I know if they'll be back or not before the end of the day.

EccoRaven posted:

Since they will be gone, the votecount has been reset. The seven players can neither receive votes nor be the target of night actions until they return.

From that last line, I don't think they're coming back today, at the very least.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Sal your avatar and general attitude makes you look too cute n huggable to vote so I'm gonna need you to post like a complete dick so I'm not influenced by outside forces tia

I can only be what I am.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IllegallySober posted:

From that last line, I don't think they're coming back today, at the very least.

It's almost like exile island from Survivor. You are safe from vote but can't participate in tribal dynamics

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. F! posted:

Why is no one posting “I am scum” in this thread

I am scum

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Who on the scum team went on the sub?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
chiming in during dead times to say I agree w dbd pretty much completely but also

Max posted:

this is a very good question - one that I, personally, would like answered. dick bastardly, you have the floor

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Max posted:

everyone is scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I find this accusation to be rather shocking!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Max posted:

I'll take over

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm, but I, Max, am not scum. So there is no way that statement can be true.

##vote Dick

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh wait, unless you mean the whole scum team left on the sub.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hey TMM, did you happen to have a case brewing on any of the players that left on the sub? Or do you have any thoughts now?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also ##unvote that wasn't real anyway.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BK, now that Moat isn't here, how do you feel?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Atomic Soda, what do you feel about the people that were left behind?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bowmore, how do you feel about anything?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Max posted:

Also ##unvote that wasn't real anyway.

I was thinking "are you serious?"

But if you really want my opinion on it, I think it likely that at least one scum volunteered for sub duty but I don't think focusing on that will help us find any. I noticed one or two players speculating about the number of scum this game which raises my brow a bit. Phone posting ATM so searching and quoting is a bit of a chore. If it's not clear I'll quote it when I get home.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Here is a handy list for reference:

Sub Team Six Seven
chaoslord
Moatillata
Gridlocked
Murmur Twin
Monathin
flerp
b-minus1

Diplo
Atomic Soda
Birdstrike
BottleKnight
bowmore
Deadbeat Dad
Dick Bastardly
Hal Incandenza
IllegallySober
LupusAter
Max
Mr. F!
SalTheBard
sentimental snail
TMMadman

Max
Nov 30, 2002

FYI I'm doing this because something needs to kick this game into gear, it's clear it's just gonna languish otherwise.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

I was thinking "are you serious?"

But if you really want my opinion on it, I think it likely that at least one scum volunteered for sub duty but I don't think focusing on that will help us find any. I noticed one or two players speculating about the number of scum this game which raises my brow a bit. Phone posting ATM so searching and quoting is a bit of a chore. If it's not clear I'll quote it when I get home.

I pretty much just want people posting something.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Birdstrike posted:

yeah me too I don’t wanna vote him now because he’s going through some poo poo but I will probably lurker lunch in a day or two

also 6 scum

This was the post but I misread it.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Actually this was the post, I still misread it though I think.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh wait is bowmore going through some things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Max posted:

I pretty much just want people posting something.

I'll be honest I don't have much of a read one way or the other on anyone. I would like to go back and take a look at the Sub Teams posting history because I think out of those 7 at least 1 (if not more) are scum.

• Locked thread