Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Atomic Soda posted:

good morning

i don't like this post
birdy might be a scum
hi kb, welcome

Why bird?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
mostly gut atm, he's being amusing and posting alot w/o really giving scum reads. post flow reminds me of shine, also didn't like this post:

Birdstrike posted:

I will note vote flerp

who do you reckon is the scummiest max?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I don't like this post because anybody involved before the sub game was cognizant of the fact that it was joke vote phase. What sort of content are you going to "go back to" and comb through? It probably would take about 2 minutes of light reading and you wouldn't get anywhere.

I agree that there is probably not much to glean but it's better than doing nothing on D1.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Atomic Soda posted:

mostly gut atm, he's being amusing and posting alot w/o really giving scum reads. post flow reminds me of shine, also didn't like this post:

I actually had a different read on that but don't want to go into it. I'm more bothered by Birb's sudden switch from "I don't want to vote bowmore since he's go stuff going on" to just dropping a vote on him immediately once TMM invoked his name.

I'm going back to the well at the moment and am going to say TMM, simply based off what I know of his town game. He hasn't actually presented any reads at all this game thus far, mostly complained that I voted for him and then offered up a weak "I'm not into this" after the people left on the sub and wanted to just end the day early with a lunch of someone who we would learn literally nothing from. That's not the town TMM I know and it smacks of a dangerous laziness that I feel like town TMM would be screaming at right now.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

SalTheBard posted:

I agree that there is probably not much to glean but it's better than doing nothing on D1.

hey sal i look forward to your read, i'm mostly working on gut feel at this stage but it all adds up in the end.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Atomic Soda posted:

I don’t think you read Shine

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Atomic Soda posted:

hey sal i look forward to your read, i'm mostly working on gut feel at this stage but it all adds up in the end.

Anything I post will be mostly gut as well. We weren't really "done" with Jokephase when this started either. Mostly I want to look at MMT. I played a game where she was scum so I got to see that quite close up.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

Anything I post will be mostly gut as well. We weren't really "done" with Jokephase when this started either. Mostly I want to look at MMT. I played a game where she was scum so I got to see that quite close up.

OK you can look at MMT but we can't vote her. Who of the people we can vote do you feel things about?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Max posted:

I actually had a different read on that but don't want to go into it. I'm more bothered by Birb's sudden switch from "I don't want to vote bowmore since he's go stuff going on" to just dropping a vote on him immediately once TMM invoked his name.

I'm going back to the well at the moment and am going to say TMM, simply based off what I know of his town game. He hasn't actually presented any reads at all this game thus far, mostly complained that I voted for him and then offered up a weak "I'm not into this" after the people left on the sub and wanted to just end the day early with a lunch of someone who we would learn literally nothing from. That's not the town TMM I know and it smacks of a dangerous laziness that I feel like town TMM would be screaming at right now.

yeah i find the whole tmm thing weird as well, like scum excuses not to participate frankly.

interested in your read when you're up for getting into it.i'm also not convinced the sub seven will be back this game day.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

Eh, I dunno. Town TMM can be pretty lazy now and again too. But we'll see. These could be the early warning signs. I'll know his alignment for sure by end of day 3.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Birdstrike posted:

I don’t think you read Shine

gee if you say so.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

Eh, I dunno. Town TMM can be pretty lazy now and again too. But we'll see. These could be the early warning signs. I'll know his alignment for sure by end of day 3.

So you feel OK with him suggesting your predecessor as a dunk option?

Also BK making my nose twitch.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

So you feel OK with him suggesting your predecessor as a dunk option?

Also BK making my nose twitch.

Yeah, I didn't know Ecco swapped out lurkers that fast. I'm obviously always down for a lurker cuddle, especially in a game with no lurker rules.

Of course, with my new meta, I'll probably stay in the bottom half of posters myself, until later in the game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Don't believe.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
what is KB's """new meta"""

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
he doesn't post as much i think

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I hate saying this but TMM reads to me as genuinely upset town, I can sort of understand being mad that the game shrunk significantly in size for a large amount of time on a realllly long d1

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

I hate saying this but TMM reads to me as genuinely upset town, I can sort of understand being mad that the game shrunk significantly in size for a large amount of time on a realllly long d1

but ecco's games are performance art so we shall all play our part

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You are all being hornswoggled.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

what is KB's """new meta"""

It's the opposite of try hard. You'll get gut reads from me/alignment calls, but not major cases or analysis until I need something said and can't help myself. I got tired of people always expecting me to put in more effort than everyone else just because I sometimes do.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, read the thread as a player, I've done my part. There isn't a ton there really. I'd put some super weak gut scum reads on Moat and Bminus on the sub. And IS and Dick off the sub. Lupus struck me a bit odd, but I'm chalking it up to being unfamiliar with him as a player.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

DickBastardly baffles me in a way few mafia players do. I’m not sure I could ever catch him as scum. I just find his posting eminently likable regardless of context.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

Hi, I'm in this game now.

Welcome, Pancho! :worship: :ese:

Atomic Soda posted:

yeah i find the whole tmm thing weird as well, like scum excuses not to participate frankly.

interested in your read when you're up for getting into it.i'm also not convinced the sub seven will be back this game day.

Speaking of weird, I don't know why the idea of the sub folks coming back today keeps coming up as a point of discussion. I thought Ecco made it pretty clear they weren't coming back today.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##unvote

##vote kb refuses to say that mr f is scum, not playing along with d1 gambits is anti town

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Birdstrike posted:

##unvote

##vote kb refuses to say that mr f is scum, not playing along with d1 gambits is anti town

I agree but you also hesitated

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mr. F! posted:

I agree but you also hesitated

im pretty sure I always agreed you were scum :confused:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
that sounds mean how you doing magnus? :)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

DickBastardly baffles me in a way few mafia players do. I’m not sure I could ever catch him as scum. I just find his posting eminently likable regardless of context.

dick bastardly is a fine poster, and, historically, a satisfying n1 kill target

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

sentimental snail posted:

dick bastardly is a fine poster, and, historically, a satisfying n1 kill target

I win (in my heart) if I survive D1/N1, so don't kill meeeeeeeeeeeeee :(

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Birdstrike posted:

##unvote

I'm :confused: and also :downs: but I feel like ##vote birdman is cool and good at this point.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
it’s true I am cool and good

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
don't worry db, I'm sure you're fine tonight as these awkward posts mean you're probably scum anyways ##vote dickbastardly

Dick Bastardly posted:

Thanks for telling us your plan!

Dick Bastardly posted:

everyone is scum

Dick Bastardly posted:

I was thinking "are you serious?"

But if you really want my opinion on it, I think it likely that at least one scum volunteered for sub duty but I don't think focusing on that will help us find any. I noticed one or two players speculating about the number of scum this game which raises my brow a bit. Phone posting ATM so searching and quoting is a bit of a chore. If it's not clear I'll quote it when I get home.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

sentimental snail posted:

don't worry db, I'm sure you're fine tonight as these awkward posts mean you're probably scum anyways ##vote dickbastardly

Yes, those awkward posts aren't replies to other awkward joke posts and thus should be taken with the utmost respect for the gravity of it's scumminess. I agree.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Dick Bastardly posted:

Yes, those awkward posts aren't replies to other awkward joke posts and thus should be taken with the utmost respect for the gravity of it's scumminess. I agree.

I'm glad we're on the same page in regards to this matter!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
how about we lunch birb today and if 1. if he flips scum; we will all clap and be joyful and have fun, or 2. if he flips town; we lunch me next.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Dick Bastardly posted:

how about we lunch birb today and if 1. if he flips scum; we will all clap and be joyful and have fun, or 2. if he flips town; we lunch me next.

I'm okay with this plan, actually. ##vote Birdstrike

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

Chain lunches are bad, even when you’re putting your own head on the line.

I’m also not sure why you’re so confident, even in a joking way, on such a thin read.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
There isn't much to go on really. Is birb's vote supposed to be a joke?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

BottleKnight posted:

Chain lunches are bad, even when you’re putting your own head on the line.

I’m also not sure why you’re so confident, even in a joking way, on such a thin read.

Whats your take on IS's vote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dick Bastardly posted:

Whats your take on IS's vote?

Dick Bastardly posted:

There isn't much to go on really.

• Locked thread