Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

Chain lunches are bad, even when you’re putting your own head on the line.

I’m also not sure why you’re so confident, even in a joking way, on such a thin read.

What are your reads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Max posted:

What are your reads?

Not feeling great about Dick all of a sudden. Would vote him.

Other than that, not much to go on. Everyone is being too chill in here. Somebody needs to lose their poo poo. DBD start losing your poo poo!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

As for IS’s vote, idk. Not much there. Don’t really get scum pings from it.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

BottleKnight posted:

Ok

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

yeah im gonna vote for ##dickb

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
duckyb proposing a chain dunk is bad but IS going along with it is worse imo
##unvote
##vote IS

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Birdstrike posted:

##unvote
##vote IS

I agree.

##vote IS

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##unvote
##vote IS

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Birdstrike posted:

##unvote
##vote IS

Not like anything else is going on in this game right now. But sure, if that's what you feel like you have to do, be my guest.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Interesting how fast DB flipped off that Birdstrike vote, though.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

Interesting how fast DB flipped off that Birdstrike vote, though.

:agreed:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
How hosed would it be if the entire scum team got on the sub and just left us to cuddle someone that's town.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it would be pretty hosed, and hilarious, but as you can see, known scum Dick Bastardly isn't on the dumb idiot tube

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

BottleKnight posted:

really? i thought the fact there wasn't much there was the scummy bit.

IllegallySober posted:

I'm okay with this plan, actually. ##vote Birdstrike

why are/were you ok with this plan?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hey mr f come back, i'll even say i'm scum if you like.

we should have sent tmm on the boat with the cool kids and bminus.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal, KB, TMM, any reads? How do you all feel about Dick B and IS?

Lupus, do you have any reads beyond Mr F?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

Lupus, do you have any reads beyond Mr F?

Just got home from an 1800 mile drive but I’m going to catch up this evening

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
don't worry it shouldn't take long!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Atomic Soda posted:

why are/were you ok with this plan?

I was/am primarily okay with this plan because:

A) I'm not a huge fan of D1 in general
B) There's very little specifically going on in D1 this game, since apparently
C) All the effort-posters got on the sub, and
D) if DB felt strongly enough about his read on Birdstrike to advocate for his own dunk if Birdstrike flipped scum, then I'm inclined to go along with it and see what happens.

However, since DB then immediately jumped off that vote to vote me, it seems I now need to take a look at DB more closely.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

D) if DB felt strongly enough about his read on Birdstrike to advocate for his own dunk if Birdstrike flipped scum, then I'm inclined to go along with it and see what happens.

However, since DB then immediately jumped off that vote to vote me, it seems I now need to take a look at DB more closely.

Yeah, the immediate reversal to voting someone who agreed with you is really scummy to me. Like a lovely gacha.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

This is weird and fake. Given that you responded to the post where I gave my reads specifically on those two. And it was only a page ago.

##vote BK

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

This is weird and fake. Given that you responded to the post where I gave my reads specifically on those two. And it was only a page ago.

##vote BK

I didn’t read back through the thread when I asked, and I forgot this interaction. Sorry.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I want to believe in dickyb

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm not scum. I voted birb because I believe in mr F, and thought he (birb) was the scummiest read I had in a very content light game so far. But then IS came with the more scummy me-too vote. These are the reasons for my votes so far.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why in the world would you believe in mr. f?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I want to throw a theory out:

Is it possible that maybe all the scum team / all but one scum went on the sub? Is it possible we are all town just chasing our tails around?

Think how advantages it would be for the entire team to go on the sub. Don't have to worry about being cuddled, don't have to push a case on a townie because town will just do their work for them AND if they did leave one scum member behind they have a NK.

The more I think about it the more I think that could be a distinct possibility.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

I want to throw a theory out:

Is it possible that maybe all the scum team / all but one scum went on the sub? Is it possible we are all town just chasing our tails around?

Think how advantages it would be for the entire team to go on the sub. Don't have to worry about being cuddled, don't have to push a case on a townie because town will just do their work for them AND if they did leave one scum member behind they have a NK.

The more I think about it the more I think that could be a distinct possibility.

No

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lol

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm not scum. I voted birb because I believe in mr F, and thought he (birb) was the scummiest read I had in a very content light game so far. But then IS came with the more scummy me-too vote. These are the reasons for my votes so far.

As Max said, I think you have played enough mafia to not really buy into the mr f thing

I can't argue with the IS part though, he's played enough that I have a hard time believing he thinks that was a good case to go along with

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

I want to believe in dickyb

Yes we need more dickyb in this world

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I can't argue with the IS part though, he's played enough that I have a hard time believing he thinks that was a good case to go along with

I meant to say "good idea" there since I can't really count you saying "kill me next" as a case

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

##unvote
##vote IS

I mean does that even qualify as "chain dunk"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Frankly, I'd rather jusr kill him now and save the possible replacement because if Ecco is planning to remove a third of the people every day then I'm probably going to replace out.

I was actually starting to get engaged in the game despite my intentions until the sub thing. I figured it would be some random thing that might reward or kill a player, not something that just flat out removes players for the rest of the day.

I am sad that I didn't get into the cool kids sub or even know that it existed but just disengaging for the day seems dumb. There are still people around and I don't really think of you as someone who has trouble finding ways to create content.

I know I haven't done my part yet but this attitude makes no sense to me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

##vote BK

Are you still playing your newfound give no fucks style?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
adding sober and probably bk to my scum list

IllegallySober posted:

thankyou but is till think you are suss:

a) no one is
b) yes and
c)so? i don't think it likely all the scum got on the one boat.

d) is the only think that relates to a plan to lunch birdy then go for db, and still reads more like scum tactic than town. for example a more town thing would be to perhaps say lets lunch sober, then if he flips scum i'd be up for lunching bk, hypothetically.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I love D1

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
im very happy for you both

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Sal is an enigma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Atomic Soda posted:

for example a more town thing would be to perhaps say lets lunch sober, then if he flips scum i'd be up for lunching bk, hypothetically.

interesting AS please tell us more hypothetical scenarios to look better from a scum perspective :xd:

I'd prob still vote the 3 people I quoted earlier just for sketchy posting, but tbh not leaning in any particular direction and definitely not going to fall on any swords cause of a huge gut read. There is none currently.

Also why don't you like birb again? I'm a bit confused about the votes on him.

• Locked thread