Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
So looking back at Max, he's being Mr. Question Man in the thread and driving discussion and getting content out of players. Which is good for D1 and I applaud him for doing it. It also could give him a really strong base D1 if he's scum because he's being helpful and avoiding suspicion at the same time despite being a top poster, which is hard to do.

I've played in quite a few games with Max but I don't remember if this differentiates from his normal posting style. Either way it's helping, but I do want to make a small note of it to store away later if something happens that makes me view him more negatively.

I kinda tried to get some content out there too yesterday with light casings of a few people that I found made odd comments/strange reactions D1. Sal is continuing to just throw down some theories that have literally 0% chance of happening which is throwing me in a loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I don't like that IS post because I strongly agree with parts of it (obviously D1 is usually poo poo) but I disagree that the people alive in here can't create a lot of content and light a fire under some people to show their true colors.

My issue is it's hard for me to get into a game as town until I'm wrongly cased with some bullshit made up gut read and get into a back and forth that leaves me really annoyed (I won't get into what I look for from that). I feel "half" in the game right now because of that. It's not like I'm begging someone to come at me or something, cause it would defeat the purpose since I mentioned it, but I've always played with the philosophy that town should always be active and engaging and seem as trustworthy as possible, as early as possible. An uninformed majority that can feel comfortable with a few other posters in the thread on some sixth sense poo poo can go a long way, as long as you don't trust them blindly when/if sketch things pop up about them (which is why I Tentatively Trust Max right now, but that can change). Scum are usually busy attempting to do some semi-elaborate bussing while being active or playing it low and slow and sliding by so that potential night actions won't reach them since they're like the 10th or 11th person you think of naming. It's rarely in the middle.

But what the gently caress do I know, I'm sure the meta has shifted

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Meant to say *throwing me for a loop. But I will also jump in the loop.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hi dad

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

birdo

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I didn’t read the first time but I will try and help

##unvote
##vote deadbeat dad

I honestly can’t believe how scummy you’ve been
*shaking my damp head*

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Birdstrike posted:

I didn’t read the first time but I will try and help

##unvote
##vote deadbeat dad

I honestly can’t believe how scummy you’ve been
*shaking my damp head*

if you did this randomly a few days from now and you were like "lol gut gently caress you dad" and pulled some forced case out of thin air it would deffo work but now I feel bad cause I don't really have anything bad to say about you and I'm questioning why there are a few votes on you in general, so we can shadow box if you want or I'll lightly tap you on the jaw if you want, mate.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Deadbeat Dad posted:

if you did this randomly a few days from now and you were like "lol gut gently caress you dad" and pulled some forced case out of thin air it would deffo work but now I feel bad cause I don't really have anything bad to say about you and I'm questioning why there are a few votes on you in general, so we can shadow box if you want or I'll lightly tap you on the jaw if you want, mate.

[b]##unvote[/b
sorry. Im sorry im trying to remove it

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##unvote I’m going to sleep*

##vote IS if he’s town well we’ll try to vote out someone else

*this is where I would tell myself please don’t wake up but I can’t be bothered changing accounts

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Apparently the consensus on Mr. F is that his are harmless shenanigans, so I'll ##unvote while reserving the right to say I told you so at a later date.

The whole DB and IS situation feels like there's at least one scum trying to start a bus, but I can't say I have a read on who actually is the scum in the situation.

Still thinking that we should forget about the people on the sub until they return.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

LupusAter posted:

Apparently the consensus on Mr. F is that his are harmless shenanigans, so I'll ##unvote while reserving the right to say I told you so at a later date.

The whole DB and IS situation feels like there's at least one scum trying to start a bus, but I can't say I have a read on who actually is the scum in the situation.

Still thinking that we should forget about the people on the sub until they return.

Unless you are using bus in some other way, wouldn't there need to be at least 2 scum in that interaction? It's a weird circle they have going for sure. I think birdstirke is kind of a crappy vote, he's doing what he does in every game and being weird and unpredictable and out for his own entertainment on D1 like he always is.

DB seems to have provided the loosest reasoning for his vote on birb (did not like his obviously somewhat cheeky vote on KB) and then seems to want to keep the vote there for some sort of meta reason but then jumps on IS after birdstrike (well that is ironic) points out IS's votes are bad. D1 and all but that seems like a strange series of events.

IllegallySober posted:

I was/am primarily okay with this plan because:

A) I'm not a huge fan of D1 in general
B) There's very little specifically going on in D1 this game, since apparently
C) All the effort-posters got on the sub, and
D) if DB felt strongly enough about his read on Birdstrike to advocate for his own dunk if Birdstrike flipped scum, then I'm inclined to go along with it and see what happens.

However, since DB then immediately jumped off that vote to vote me, it seems I now need to take a look at DB more closely.

And this sure seems like a "quick make up some excuses for my bad vote" type of post. I don't see how you go back and read DickyB and think he could possibly think DB felt strongly about anything, but certainly not birb who he only made the most paper-thin case on. Unless I am missing something here.

Full disclosure I have not read the entire game in context yet (working on it now), still just reacting to recent events and reading back but yeah looks like some scum in this little circle for sure

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I don't like that IS post because I strongly agree with parts of it (obviously D1 is usually poo poo) but I disagree that the people alive in here can't create a lot of content and light a fire under some people to show their true colors.

My issue is it's hard for me to get into a game as town until I'm wrongly cased with some bullshit made up gut read and get into a back and forth that leaves me really annoyed (I won't get into what I look for from that). I feel "half" in the game right now because of that. It's not like I'm begging someone to come at me or something, cause it would defeat the purpose since I mentioned it, but I've always played with the philosophy that town should always be active and engaging and seem as trustworthy as possible, as early as possible. An uninformed majority that can feel comfortable with a few other posters in the thread on some sixth sense poo poo can go a long way, as long as you don't trust them blindly when/if sketch things pop up about them (which is why I Tentatively Trust Max right now, but that can change). Scum are usually busy attempting to do some semi-elaborate bussing while being active or playing it low and slow and sliding by so that potential night actions won't reach them since they're like the 10th or 11th person you think of naming. It's rarely in the middle.

But what the gently caress do I know, I'm sure the meta has shifted

IS probably isn't as bad as TMM in the whole "well content people are gone gently caress this" attitude, but I agree it's a pretty weak crutch to use to justify bad votes/lack of content.

New meta is auspols spam the thread with lots of content and people call birb scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

So looking back at Max, he's being Mr. Question Man in the thread and driving discussion and getting content out of players. Which is good for D1 and I applaud him for doing it. It also could give him a really strong base D1 if he's scum because he's being helpful and avoiding suspicion at the same time despite being a top poster, which is hard to do.

I've played in quite a few games with Max but I don't remember if this differentiates from his normal posting style. Either way it's helping, but I do want to make a small note of it to store away later if something happens that makes me view him more negatively.

I kinda tried to get some content out there too yesterday with light casings of a few people that I found made odd comments/strange reactions D1. Sal is continuing to just throw down some theories that have literally 0% chance of happening which is throwing me in a loop.

Max is being typical Max in this game other than not trying to vote me out yet, but that usually comes a couple days in. He is a hard read for me but I like him so far this game.

Also just to help you out, Sal is a master of theories that are almost always way too complex to have any chance of being right and basically making cases that no one agrees with. I am not 100% sure I have seen him as scum in a game I was in with him but so far he is being typical Sal (overwhelmed town) that I am used to

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also just to help you out, Sal is a master of theories that are almost always way too complex to have any chance of being right and basically making cases that no one agrees with. I am not 100% sure I have seen him as scum in a game I was in with him but so far he is being typical Sal (overwhelmed town) that I am used to

I'll take your word for it cause that last theory is entirely useless to even think about. it's perfect to throw out to keep us stuck in a quagmire coming up on the end of a not content filled d1. if only dicky_b wasn't, scum!!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

sentimental snail posted:

I'll take your word for it cause that last theory is entirely useless to even think about. it's perfect to throw out to keep us stuck in a quagmire coming up on the end of a not content filled d1. if only dicky_b wasn't, scum!!

If anything I'm town that's posting scummily this game. My birb vote was based on a gut read, so putting all my eggs in that basket with my proposed chain dunk was bad play and I get that. I was frustrated at the lack of any strong reads and had a weak moment of "i give up, and if I'm wrong then gently caress me I should be lunched next".

IS's me-too is suss enough to warrant a vote from me. It's not really very strong, but what do we have that's a strong case at this point anyway? Lets not no-dunk tonight people, we really need to get behind the best scum candidate and go for it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

##unvote

Catching up on what I missed from last night now.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

sentimental snail posted:

I may or may not have been a little baked when I came up with that theory too.

The post I don't like is

Birdstrike posted:

duckyb proposing a chain dunk is bad but IS going along with it is worse imo
##unvote
##vote IS

The sudden change from DB to IS just seems really weird to me

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm not scum. I voted birb because I believe in mr F, and thought he (birb) was the scummiest read I had in a very content light game so far. But then IS came with the more scummy me-too vote. These are the reasons for my votes so far.

tbqh at the time I made my "me-too" vote I took your comment at face value and wanted to do something to get the game moving in any kind of direction. If that winds up resulting in my own dunk, then fine- but you're saying "I believe in Mr. F", which appears to be this "case":

Mr. F! posted:

I NEED EVERYONE TO PLEASE MAKE A POST THAT SAYS ONLY “I am scum”. NOTHING ELSE JUST “I am scum”.

THANK YOU THAT IS ALL

Mr. F! posted:

Oh, scared to post it?

Mr. F! posted:

##vote birdstrike

I'd love to believe I'm misinterpreting and you have better info to go on but F has made like five posts since the game started, so yeah.

##vote DB

BottleKnight posted:

Yeah, the immediate reversal to voting someone who agreed with you is really scummy to me. Like a lovely gacha.

:agreed:

SalTheBard posted:

I want to throw a theory out:

Is it possible that maybe all the scum team / all but one scum went on the sub? Is it possible we are all town just chasing our tails around?

Think how advantages it would be for the entire team to go on the sub. Don't have to worry about being cuddled, don't have to push a case on a townie because town will just do their work for them AND if they did leave one scum member behind they have a NK.

The more I think about it the more I think that could be a distinct possibility.

Yeah, no, I don't think so. I doubt scum knew for sure what the sub thing would lead to. Beyond that, there's still a lot of folks here being real quiet and there's likely scum among them too.

Hal Incandenza posted:

As Max said, I think you have played enough mafia to not really buy into the mr f thing

I can't argue with the IS part though, he's played enough that I have a hard time believing he thinks that was a good case to go along with

Wanted to get the game moving as stated earlier and also hadn't seen DB's justification yet which obviously as posted above I don't agree with.

Atomic Soda posted:

adding sober and probably bk to my scum list

thankyou but is till think you are suss:

a) no one is
b) yes and
c)so? i don't think it likely all the scum got on the one boat.

d) is the only think that relates to a plan to lunch birdy then go for db, and still reads more like scum tactic than town. for example a more town thing would be to perhaps say lets lunch sober, then if he flips scum i'd be up for lunching bk, hypothetically.

You basically agree then with everything I posted with the exception of D) and I'm not seeing how your example of a "more town thing" is fundamentally any different really.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Deadbeat Dad posted:

But what the gently caress do I know

mafia.txt

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

SalTheBard posted:

I definitely don't disagree or anything

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SalTheBard posted:

what changed? DB’s idea was dumb, IS running with it looks opportunistic and more scummy behaviour to me

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Birdstrike posted:

what changed? DB’s idea was dumb, IS running with it looks opportunistic and more scummy behaviour to me

kinda arguing against my point here, but I felt like going from that to voting db in such a short time was pretty ?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Busy day for me but I’ll be back well before deadline. Finally got tickets to black panther.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
all the votes should be on me, dickyb or IS imo

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Birdstrike posted:

all the votes should be on me, dickyb or IS imo

Apart from KB's vote on BK that's already the case but there's eight people who haven't voted and deadline's today, so, yeah.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Deadline is late tonight so I'm not super worried and also still want to make a semi-informed decision.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I will not be awake for deadline, hopefully

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I still like my BK catch. Seems like something someone would do that doesn't need to pay attention to the thread but is trying to pretend they are.

I'm fine voting either of IS/DB though. I'll be around to swap.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

I still like my BK catch. Seems like something someone would do that doesn't need to pay attention to the thread but is trying to pretend they are.

I saw when you posted this before, but on second look, this is pretty solid actually. beek can definitely be hasty when calling people out as scum, and rapidly forgetting he just responded to you is good enough for me

I'm also good with any of these 3 I guess

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
what was that game I replaced into where I immediately laser focused beek for trying to lazily push me after replacing someone

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812159&pagenumber=14&perpage=40#post470210711

beek doesn't bother to check that this person was still in the game before pushing, then just doubles down without thinking.

circumstances are pretty different. couldn't remember what exactly happened, so less relevant as it turns out. still shows beek can be careless posting as scum I guess!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I feel like TMM going radio silent means he’s probably replacing out, so I’ll look at the others. As I said earlier, bk was making my nose twitch.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

BK posted something wondering when the sub people were coming back after we'd already been over that at least once which seems to further your argument that they aren't reading the thread:

BottleKnight posted:

I might have missed it, when do the sub people come back? Do we have any info on that?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I consider BK’s post history to be full of Drive-By Postign, and have added his name to my Approved Vote List.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Eh, I still haven't got much of a read on the DB/IS situation. I feel like scum would be more likely to be reactive in this situation, so I'll ##vote IllegallySober in the interest of avoiding a no-hang since probably I won't be around for deadline.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote Dick Bastardly

I like him a little less than IS.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
##Vote Dick Bastardly

Dick Bastardly posted:

If anything I'm town that's posting scummily this game. My birb vote was based on a gut read, so putting all my eggs in that basket with my proposed chain dunk was bad play and I get that. I was frustrated at the lack of any strong reads and had a weak moment of "i give up, and if I'm wrong then gently caress me I should be lunched next".

IS's me-too is suss enough to warrant a vote from me. It's not really very strong, but what do we have that's a strong case at this point anyway? Lets not no-dunk tonight people, we really need to get behind the best scum candidate and go for it.

I don't think you are town posting scummily, I think you are scum posting scummily. I don't know if it's long D1 or what but I think you just got lazy and got caught.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Lazy VT. I get what I deserve.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I feel like TMM going radio silent means he’s probably replacing out, so I’ll look at the others. As I said earlier, bk was making my nose twitch.

Actually, I am going to stay and hope that I get reengaged on D2 when we have a little more information. I've never replaced out of a game and I don't really want to start just because I have an issue with the something in the game.

I didn't want to post because I wasn't sure if I was going to replace and I also didn't want to drag the day down even more by continually complaining about this whole sub thing.

I'll certainly explain more about my issues with the sub thing after the game, but basically I feel like in a game where you are trying to figure out the connections between people, removing 1/3 of them on D1 makes that impossible and really takes away from the game. It's even worse in my opinion because the day was over 4 days long. If you take people out of the game, I feel like you need less time to make a decision not more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

TMMadman posted:

I'll certainly explain more about my issues with the sub thing after the game, but basically I feel like in a game where you are trying to figure out the connections between people, removing 1/3 of them on D1 makes that impossible and really takes away from the game. It's even worse in my opinion because the day was over 4 days long. If you take people out of the game, I feel like you need less time to make a decision not more.

I agree but i prefer to see it as pretty funny troll by the mod which is no excuse for not voting now.

• Locked thread