Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 3 Votecount :c:

TMMadman (4): TMMadman, Deadbeat Dad, Birdstrike, -TMMadman, Dick Bastardly, -Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Monathin
SalTheBard (1): flerp, Monathin, -Monathin, Atomic Soda, -flerp, TMMadman, -Atomic Soda
LupusAter (0): Monathin, -Monathin

Not Voting (7): Atomic Soda, BottleKnight, flerp, Hal Incandenza, LupusAter, SalTheBard, sentimental snail

:h: With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 15th at 11 pm EDT -- that's in a little more than 11 hours from this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
##vote tmm

i hope bk comes by

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
That puts TMN at -2. My vote will go to TMM

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

It might be textbook OMGUS, but I don't really like Sal now. Feels like he's buddying up to Mona by jumping on my case. I'll still vote TMM, pretty sure it'll mean a NK less, and that should be our priority for today.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a bit busier than I expected today, so I can't argue against my own lynch as much as I'd like, but I hope you will all have the decency to at least wait until I get home in 5-6 hours so I can give you my final reads.

I actually wish Max and KB were alive since they would realize that even though I've been wrong that this is my town game and would be looking to lynch someone else.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

LupusAter posted:

It might be textbook OMGUS, but I don't really like Sal now. Feels like he's buddying up to Mona by jumping on my case. I'll still vote TMM, pretty sure it'll mean a NK less, and that should be our priority for today.

Nope I think TMM is the proper vote tonight. You might be town but I think it's weird you called out Mr. F for being a lurker when you yourself are lurking harder.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

I resent that accusation. I don't post much and I missed a day yesterday, but at least I'm playing the game. Mr. F's posts had nothing to do with playing mafia.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

LupusAter posted:

I resent that accusation. I don't post much and I missed a day yesterday, but at least I'm playing the game. Mr. F's posts had nothing to do with playing mafia.

You missed a day? You posted 9 times in 5 days and then 6 times in 2 days. Most games there is a 10 post minimum. I'm not sure if you are new or returning player but lurking that hard is a really bad look especially when lurking was your justification for Mr. F vote.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Monathin posted:

moat died a hero to the cause, if it makes you feel any better.

anyway yeah I'm fine with TMM today and Sal tomorrow, he's not going anywhere. I kinda wanna see his response to you so I'm not gonna plunk down a vote yet. I also wanna see if Lupus will show up and do anything other than plunk a vote down on TMM and/or Sal.

Monathin posted:

I'm going to bet no, because I have a sneaking suspicious Lupus is the last scum and has been coasting on vote momentum all game.

You weren't even on my radar until these 2 posts. It's not OMGUS it's "Holy poo poo how has this guy been coasting for so long without being called out???"

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Ok, how did you read my post and reach the conclusion that I'm accusing you of OMGUS? I thought I made it pretty clear that I was acknowledging a potential source of bias on my part.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

LupusAter posted:

It might be textbook OMGUS, but I don't really like Sal now.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

TMMadman posted:

I actually wish Max and KB were alive since they would realize that even though I've been wrong that this is my town game and would be looking to lynch someone else.

maybe you uh, shouldn’t have killed Max then?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I will be popping in and out through the evening, not gonna vote tmm yet since that would be -1

(forgot to post this part before leaving work earlier)

SalTheBard posted:

You missed a day? You posted 9 times in 5 days and then 6 times in 2 days. Most games there is a 10 post minimum. I'm not sure if you are new or returning player but lurking that hard is a really bad look especially when lurking was your justification for Mr. F vote.

unironically an interesting post

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

maybe you uh, shouldn’t have killed Max then?

Hey man he thought it would SAVE him don't you get it?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I agree with whoever said that Sal seemed pretty genuine in his response. I still don't like how he needed a whole bunch of time to tell us that he passed along something since he could relay that bit immediately. But then again it is Sal...

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

LupusAter posted:

Ok, sorry for not being around last night. I'll admit I haven't deviated much from thread consensus with my reads, but that's mostly because I agreed with them and they all seemed reasonable votes. I'm never around at deadline, so I have to switch my votes early.

As for reads, DBD's insistence on wanting to lunch TMM (who I think is 3P SK after last night's result) smacks of scum wanting to gain town cred and protect themselves. I do think that TMM is the correct lunch for today, but we should really take a look at DBD after this. Sal's effortpost feels weird, as does his thinking that there are no 3P killers while disbelieving TMM's claim, it simply doesn't add up unless scum has two immediate nightkills, which feels unbalanced. Dunno if it's possible for Ecco games.

Also for what it's worth I received no box.

No, it means I want the 3P or town role killing people out. If I was scum and wanted him out, the guy would be dead. Wouldn't be pleading ITT for people to vote him. Pointing that out isn't me trying to get "town cred", and it would be self-serving if I was scum and being like "hey, just make me look good and let's vote out this dude that is really helping us". It would be a very long con play. So would me choosing IS over DB and forcing him to claim.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the Lupus push on DBD looks weird, to me

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Birdstrike posted:

the Lupus push on DBD looks weird, to me

If it was from somebody more active during the thread it's something I wouldn't look back at with an eyebrow raised but it's like he had "no opinion or read" on the IS/DB thing, was one of the people that put a vote down on Mr. F when we were still discussing everything re: the possibility of TMM using his kill elsewhere, and then now suggests I'm scummy for wanting TMM out. If anything, he reads like a really non-commital scum that doesn't want his hands dirty and doesn't really want to see TMM go home.

The only doubts I have is that I don't see a Sal-Lupus scum team for some reason. The whole gift thing with Sal is making me rethink stuff.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The only doubts I have is that I don't see a Sal-Lupus scum team for some reason. The whole gift thing with Sal is making me rethink stuff.

:agreed:

As the chief person who pushed Sal I quite liked Sal's big response when he came home and his thing about the box (and Dick BAstardly's confirmation that that was a thing) have made me feel much better about it overall. I don't think Sal is scum anymore.

I cannot say the same for Lupus as my suspicion of him has only gotten worse.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

However this DOES mean we've wasted a tracker claim from Atomic Soda which is kinda really bad considering we're already down a couple big power roles already.

Sorry Soda.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
kill tmm, then sal

Deadbeat Dad posted:

No, it means I want the 3P or town role killing people out. If I was scum and wanted him out, the guy would be dead. Wouldn't be pleading ITT for people to vote him. Pointing that out isn't me trying to get "town cred", and it would be self-serving if I was scum and being like "hey, just make me look good and let's vote out this dude that is really helping us". It would be a very long con play. So would me choosing IS over DB and forcing him to claim.

tmm had a chance to prove his worth by not killing a person after the whole thing happened where tmm said "I will not kill a person"

but tmm killed a person, so today, we shall kill tmm, and then sal. if a person happened to control the loud cpr doctor that happened to be a serial killer that happened to not be seen by anyone despite being loud after the night where they promised to not act but also killed someone, well, gently caress.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
what I'm saying is, I agree with dbd

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

##vote TMM

It's still the correct lunch for today. I'd have waited a bit more to vote, since it's -1, but hey, no time like the present.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

sentimental snail posted:

kill tmm, then sal

I'm good with the first part...second not so much.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

LupusAter posted:

##vote TMM

It's still the correct lunch for today. I'd have waited a bit more to vote, since it's -1, but hey, no time like the present.

Heat getting to you a little?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm still working and probably will be for a couple more hours. I see that I'm at -1 so I'm not going to change any minds and while it's not exactly fine, I get it.

I'd still like to get home and give some reads though

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##unvote so TMM can provide reads, but still want him dead. Just don't want a slightly early hammer again if there's still discussion to be had.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Heat getting to you a little?

You do realize that you'd have read anything I possibly could have done as scummy, right? You are convinced I am scum and working backwards from that assumption.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

LupusAter posted:

You do realize that you'd have read anything I possibly could have done as scummy, right? You are convinced I am scum and working backwards from that assumption.

I'm not exactly a fan of it either actually

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The reason I hadn't voted for TMM yet despite saying I was fine with it is because I think there's still discussion to be had and, even if TMM's role is a proven liability to town at this stage, is I respect TMM as a strong Town Player who can usually dissect a lot of stuff and get on a good trail.

I want to wait for TMM's reads and I find you extremely scummy that you were trying to further the hammer when he was at -2 already.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

LupusAter posted:

Monathin posted:

I'm not exactly a fan of it either actually

I apologize for that post Lupus. I'm not an rear end in a top hat but I got a little fired up. I just think it's odd that you are putting TMM at -1 when conversation is still active and we have 7 hrs left in day.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
you're not really in a position where you can reasonably criticize someone for that tbqh, which is why you should be okay with voting for forums poster SalTheBard

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Let me make clear that I'm actually agreeing with Sal not liking Lupus' vote, not that Sal's egging on wasn't warranted (it was)

Snail I am very curious to think what you think of Sal's big effort post and his subsequent explanation of Atomic Soda's track, which I find actually makes me less suspicious of Sal. If you could give me something in your own words on that instead of just "we should vote Sal" I would be much appreciated.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I apologize for that post Lupus. I'm not an rear end in a top hat but I got a little fired up. I just think it's odd that you are putting TMM at -1 when conversation is still active and we have 7 hrs left in day.

I'm not saying you're being an rear end in a top hat, I'm saying you're tunnelvisioning hard.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SalTheBard posted:

I think it’s odd that we haven’t hammered, this waiting is boring

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Birdstrike posted:

I think its odd that we havent hammered, this waiting is boring

I want to see TMM's reads and I feel they shall be very interesting. Then we can hammer for all you impatient people.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Monathin posted:

However this DOES mean we've wasted a tracker claim from Atomic Soda which is kinda really bad considering we're already down a couple big power roles already.

Sorry Soda.

tis all good, i was very excited thinking i'd found something dang. i was hoping not to claim but is understandable it was needed.

such is mafia :/

i also want to see tmms read before hammering and since i got up early for this ##unvote for now

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Atomic Soda posted:

tis all good, i was very excited thinking i'd found something dang. i was hoping not to claim but is understandable it was needed.

i also want to see tmms read before hammering and since i got up early for this ##unvote for now

it’s nearly midday

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Atomic Soda posted:

##vote TMM

I took mine off so we'd be -2 but with you making it -3 I can put it back on in case I forget or get called to do something around deadline so thanks AS you're the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
not all australians sleep the same birdy, i last posted at quarter to three this morn :p

i know ppl are mostly ok with sal right now. i still think he is suss what with the quick hammering of mr f, plus the fact he claimed vt and left out the bit where he visited chaos until i called bullshit, and then took his time to respond.

we shouldn't hand wave that away just because he is adorbs.

• Locked thread