Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I just found out this is happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
(Mystery of the druids.ping)

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Guy Goodbody posted:

The trailer looks atrocious. And I'm guessing that guy must be a big star in Latin America, because they present him like he's some major star.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Nihonniboku posted:

The trailer looks atrocious. And I'm guessing that guy must be a big star in Latin America, because they present him like he's some major star.

1) He is. He is mostly remembered from this comedy/sketch show he had on prime time on mexican TV for ages and his Familia Peluche TV show. So a lot of mexicans on the US probably like him a lot and I guess they are expecting them to flock the theaters just to see him.

2) He did brown face on an Adam Sandler's movie (the guy is actually mexican white-ish). And it seems they are trying to make him look browner in the poster than he is just to show how latino he is. So it irks me a bit.

3) He stole original jokes and characters from fellow comedians.

4) I actually don't like him that much. :v:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

For some reason whenever I hear about this movie I keep thinking it's a Captain Ron remake.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

This is official and owns.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tim Whatley posted:

Christ...

No way I'm seeing this in theaters but I'm very happy that it is being made.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This April? Doesn't feel like they've marketed it very much.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Do you even need to market The Rock?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vegetable posted:

This April? Doesn't feel like they've marketed it very much.

I keep seeing ads for it and Pacific Rim: Uprising on Cartoon Network/the Cartoon Network app.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I mean, I don't know if you need to market The Rock but I'd imagine they were hoping for more than the $35 million opening it's tracking for.

Inzombiac posted:

Christ...

No way I'm seeing this in theaters but I'm very happy that it is being made.

I don't care for this sort of movie, but I applaud that poster. The only thing (thankfully) keeping it from peak pulp perfection is a sultry dame hanging off of him.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 24, 2018

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I will see any movie starring the most electrifying man in sports entertainment, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

caligulamprey posted:

I will see any movie starring the most electrifying man in sports entertainment, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

drat right. I even saw Snitch in the theater!

It is a movie that feels more exciting than it really is because I keep interchanging it with The Counselor, which came out the same year. It also deals with drug trafficking but it was a bit... grittier.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 24, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Desperado Bones posted:

1) He is. He is mostly remembered from this comedy/sketch show he had on prime time on mexican TV for ages and his Familia Peluche TV show. So a lot of mexicans on the US probably like him a lot and I guess they are expecting them to flock the theaters just to see him.

2) He did brown face on an Adam Sandler's movie (the guy is actually mexican white-ish). And it seems they are trying to make him look browner in the poster than he is just to show how latino he is. So it irks me a bit.

3) He stole original jokes and characters from fellow comedians.

4) I actually don't like him that much. :v:

Oh god, that's where I know that guy from. :cripes: My girlfriend is from Zacatecas and showed me Familia P. Luche when she noticed it was on Netflix, and we both agreed it might be one of the actual worst shows we've ever seen in any language. It's just painfully unfunny.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tim Whatley posted:

This movie looks bad

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Oh god, that's where I know that guy from. :cripes: My girlfriend is from Zacatecas and showed me Familia P. Luche when she noticed it was on Netflix, and we both agreed it might be one of the actual worst shows we've ever seen in any language. It's just painfully unfunny.

Yeah, once upon a time when I was a dumb teenager I thought he was nice, once I grew up I realized it was all crap. Also the only character he knows to do, is "idiot with high-pitched voice". I haven't seen his Hollywood movies so I dunno if someone told him not to do that.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Desperado Bones posted:

Yeah, once upon a time when I was a dumb teenager I thought he was nice, once I grew up I realized it was all crap. Also the only character he knows to do, is "idiot with high-pitched voice". I haven't seen his Hollywood movies so I dunno if someone told him not to do that.

It's honestly not even that, like, if that was the worst thing about Familia P. Luche I'd be frankly happy with it. The episode we watched was basically a constant string of horrifying domestic abuse jokes.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It's honestly not even that, like, if that was the worst thing about Familia P. Luche I'd be frankly happy with it. The episode we watched was basically a constant string of horrifying domestic abuse jokes.

:cripes: Oh. That.

Yes.

Mexican comedic shows have a history of....awfulness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MP7PqfS5Ls

:cripes: :cripes: :cripes:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

To fix the awfulness and get the thread back in track, fat Jared Leto:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Desperado Bones posted:

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/968289747691962368

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

so basically, mexican adam sandler is just as bad as american adam sandler

good to know

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Taintrunner posted:

This movie looks bad

Well yes, but it's The Rock and a giant ape, do you have anything better planned for April 13th?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

oh poo poo i dont have plans. imma call up an old friend and hang out and not watch a movie that makes a mockery of the Rampage canon. i very much doubt the gorilla will reach through a window and grab a lamp and get electrified. also all the animals should be mutated humans. omg also smashing a building and then when it starts to collapse you could make it by jumping to another one

it was a good game & the movie is not what the game is. it might be good but the rock is sadly becoming a bit of a cliche imo (good for him making money ofc)

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Krankenstyle posted:

oh poo poo i dont have plans. imma call up an old friend and hang out and not watch a movie that makes a mockery of the Rampage canon. i very much doubt the gorilla will reach through a window and grab a lamp and get electrified. also all the animals should be mutated humans. omg also smashing a building and then when it starts to collapse you could make it by jumping to another one

it was a good game & the movie is not what the game is. it might be good but the rock is sadly becoming a bit of a cliche imo (good for him making money ofc)

Source your quotes

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Desperado Bones posted:

In order to get fat for this movie Jared Leto combined microwaved ice cream, soy sauce, and olive oil and drank it mixed together every day instead of just eating unhealthy food because he's a gross loving weirdo.

At least nobody saw it so he did it all for nothing.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Tim Whatley posted:

In order to get fat for this movie Jared Leto combined microwaved ice cream, soy sauce, and olive oil and drank it mixed together every day instead of just eating unhealthy food because he's a gross loving weirdo.

At least nobody saw it so he did it all for nothing.

I get the ice cream and olive oil, but soy sauce?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Being fat is beta, so he had to become a soy boy.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

cant argue with the results

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Rampage on NES was a total waste of a rental back in the day.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Wendell posted:

Rampage is a perfect example of a rad as hell idea that just isn't particularly fun to play.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

rampage on the n64 rocked

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Wendell posted:

Schwarzwald posted:

Rampage is a perfect example of a rad as hell idea that just isn't particularly fun to play.

the first Rampage is bad. World Tour and the games that built off it are fun as gently caress, because the tech finally caught up with the idea they had.

hemale in pain posted:

rampage on the n64 rocked

this guy gets it

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

They're going to show the piss tape in cinemas?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dillbag posted:

I get the ice cream and olive oil, but soy sauce?

Regular soy sauce has a fuckton of sodium.

Gotta retain as much water as possible!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if the Rampage movie is going to take place in Peoria, IL or feature Dr. Betty Veronica.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

I wonder if the Rampage movie is going to take place in Peoria, IL or feature Dr. Betty Veronica.

The Rock will still have the bigger bust. This was still true when he co-starred with Alexandra Daddario in San Andreas and Baywatch.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I played Rampage on the PlayStation and it was pretty good.

No idea how that translates into a movie tbh

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Desperado Bones posted:

It’s interesting that Leto only got the “physical transformation” aspect of method acting, because he’ll drop dead from this kind of poo poo long before he’s considered the next DeNiro or even Bale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

To be fair, he's also got the "be an insufferable rear end in a top hat who interferes with his cast mates' methods" aspect of the common misinterpretation of Chekov's method.